• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Counterpick against diddy kong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leonin

Smash Cadet
Anyone here knows which char is the best to counterpick against diddy??
I'm finding it hard to counter it with chars,i can only counterpicck him with stages.

I tried captain falcon,no good,its too hard to get close and actually hit...
Dedede is a hard match up as we can see...
I was thinking of using sonic,but i dont know.

If no one of them is good,them the only option lays in metaknight,but it is a 50:50 match for me.....

Please help!

rvkevin

Smash Lord
MK goes pretty even with Diddy depending on the stage, only disadvantage on FD. I was told DDD is a better counter against Diddy than MK from Atomsk. Basically DDD can't get killed by Diddy and the Waddle Dees interupt his banana game plus he can CG him. Falco counters Diddy. Sonic isn't that bad considering his Spin Attack goes over bananas but I've never seen a good Sonic play a good Diddy so I don't know how that matchup works out...Snake isn't that bad, Mortar Slide picks up bananas, grenades/mines explode when Diddy throws bananas, just trade damage with grenades until he is at %100 and then Utilt, repeat, you take two stocks from him for every one of yours since Diddy can't kill him much before %200, just be careful about being gimped.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Check matchup threads for these :)
But off the top of my head, at least for MY Diddy:
Falco, Peach, Wario, Ice Climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom