• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could there somehow be a pattern to the Brawl updates?

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Koopaul from DKVine (seems like DKVine members are noticing little things about Brawl as well lol) Has been keeping track of the updates. And here's what he has so far:

Character Updates Per Week
Week 1: Mario, Link, Pit
Week 2: Pikachu, Kirby
Week 3: None
Week 4: Fox, Samus
Week 5: Wario
Week 6: Zelda
Week 7: Bowser
Week 8: Donkey Kong
Week 9

PATTERN: They update with one character a week now

Gameplay Updates Per Week
Week 1: How To Play
Week 2: What is a Final Smash?, Moving and Shooting
Week 3: You must recover!
Week 4: None
Week 5: None
Week 6: None
Week 7: Smash Attacks
Week 8: Standard Combos
Week 9

PATTERN: They update three weeks in a row, don't update for three weeks, and start again.

Mode Updates Per Week
Week 1: None
Week 2: None
Week 3: Four Kinds of Control
Week 4: None
Week 6: Names
Week 7: None
Week 8: None
Week 9

PATTERN: Every three weeks they'll update.

Stage Updates Per Week
Week 1: Battlefield
Week 2: Delfino Plaza
Week 3: None
Week 4: Yoshi's Island
Week 5: Lylat Cruise
Week 6: None
Week 7: Bridge of Eldin
Week 8: Smashville
Week 9:

PATTERN: They update two weeks in a row, rest one, and start again.

Item Updates Per Week
Week 1: Gooey Bomb
Week 2: Cracker Launcher
Week 3: What are Pokeballs?, Groundon
Week 4: Crates and Barrels
Week 6: Banana Peel
Week 7: What are Assist Trophies? Samurai Goro
Week 8: Bumper, Dr. Wright
Week 9: Dexoys

PATTERN: They update four weeks in a row, rest one, and start again.

Music Updates per Week
Week 1: The Musicians
Week 2: None
Week 3: Yoshi's Story: Ending
Week 4: Metroid: Boss Battle Music (Ridley Fight)
Week 6: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Medley
Week 7: None
Week 8: None
Week 9: Star Fox: Space Armada

The first four weeks went- one/ none/ one/ one. The next four weeks will work in reverse none/ one/ none/ none.

According to my assumed pattern we'll be having one character, one item, one song, one mode info, and one How to Play update this week...

Now, is this for real or a huge concidence? After all, we already have the song for the week. So who would be the new character? The new item?

Is Sakurai keeping a pattern on purpose and hopes we don't notice? Or does he want us to notice.

Florida

イーグランツ
Out of all of the spammed topics considering patterns from Sakurai's blogs, this one has got to be the best. But that doesn't mean it won't get closed by mods. But I think they should at least wait until this week is over to see if thistheory is correct.

Can you give up any patterns on notices? :)
Lol, just kidding with you. Interesting topic.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hmm wow.. some actual work put into that one. I was thinking there was no pattern.. and maybe there is no pattern its just coincidence..

My guess was item.. and I hope its an item!..

My deep theory was there was no pattern and he just releases whatever gets done on that day or recently. With different departments working on different things, some things can get done while other things are in development..

Lets see if this actually pays off and is real.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
The item and music updates are not patterns. Patterns repeat.

In any event, you're reading too much into this. They just release what they have and try to mix it up a bit so they don't neglect any category or dwell too much on one category. I don't expect any patterns to hold up, other than by mere coincidence

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
I think they just want a little bit for everyone each week. So a char for the people that just want a high grid or see their main return, how to play mostly for newbs, mode updates just barely as that's most likely what they are working on to finish, stages just every now and then to keep people anticipated (everyone that will play has a use for the stage updates), items more for the people that play with friends at home and music to please the gamemusic fans, who are quite huge in numbers (see Nobuo Uematsu his succes with his USA tour) and also a whole lot of these updates just because they don't have endless stages/chars.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Based on this theory, next week should be... interesting.

Week 10: 1 character, 0 How 2 Play, 0 Modes, 1 stage, 0 items, 0 music.

Two updates, huh?

Florida

イーグランツ
Based on this theory, next week should be... interesting.

Week 10: 1 character, 0 How 2 Play, 0 Modes, 1 stage, 0 items, 0 music.

Two updates, huh?
  • 1 Character
  • 1 Music
  • 1 Stage
  • Possible Final Smash / Special Moves update
  • Possible for one of the above to repeat itself
His theory seems pretty organized and complete to me.

gnosis

Smash Lord
egruntz said:
  • 1 Character
  • 1 Music
  • 1 Stage
  • 1 Item
The pattern for items is 4 weeks of items, then no item. Week 9 is item number 4.

The pattern for music is one, none, one one, or none, one, none one. Week 9 is the first song of the first pattern.

No music, no items.

And of the remaining two (stage and characters), according to this theory, we can't expect a repeat of either.

Thus, two updates.

Though he (and thus I) did leave out final smash and special move updates. That is your one legitimate correction.

Florida

イーグランツ
The pattern for items is 4 weeks of items, then no item. Week 9 is item number 4.

The pattern for music is one, none, one one, or none, one, none one. Week 9 is the first song of the first pattern.

No music, no items.

And of the remaining two (stage and characters), according to this theory, we can't expect a repeat of either.

Thus, two updates.

Though he (and thus I) did leave out final smash and special move updates. That is your one legitimate correction.
Ah, you are correct. There won't be any music according to his theory.
So, it shall be:

• 1 Character
  • 1 Stage
  • Final Smash
  • Special Moves
  • Something could repeat itself?
I'm not trying to mindlessly agree with it, I can accept the errors in the patterns, but there are some other possibilities around the ones you have mentioned.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Yeah, I understand.

GreenKirby said:
is this for real or a huge concidence
Neither, really. Parts of it may stay consistent, such as the characters (considering there's only 20 weeks left before Dec. 3, if he wants to reveal them all I'd assume he'd keep at at least that pace), the infrequent game mode updates, etc.

But the parts that are just coincidental aren't 'huge' yet. Maybe in a month if it stays consistent I'll reconsider.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I love when I don't feel like something I notice needs an ENTIRE thread devoted to it, and I post it in another topic (a good 3 days ago) only to have someone else notice it and devote an ENTIRE thread to it.

GOOD FIND!!!!1!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Yeah, so far so good. Though I'm not going to depend on it, I'll be surprised if this keeps up for a few weeks.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Since they revealed Deoxys as an item, it's another part of the theory fulfilled. o.o

2 for 2 so far.

But if it's a concidence, then it was fun spectating. :)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hm...very interesting, my friend. You have lucked out both today and yesterday. Time will tell how the rest of the updates this week fit into your theory.

beta_prime

Smash Journeyman
I'd say the character is Metaknight, and the item I have no idea. I hope he gives us a final smash or character tommorow to bring our hopes up after today's "loss".

fatmactk

Smash Journeyman
This thread excites me.

Perhaps since week 10 doesn't fit the patterns it will just restart? Maybe we'll get three characters like in the first week? Here's to hoping week 9 continues to follow the pattern!

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
So looking at the original post... seems not every week had 5 updates, huh? Week 5 seemed particularly slow.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
well the pattern has one thing not mentioned(that i saw) the 15-sec movie that was shown at the E3 conference. was an update on the sight though this could be a double post.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
are they gonna do an update on every single item,pokemon and assist trophy? ...this can really drag on

:034:

Smash Hero
No Special Moves and no Final Smashes. Put them in first and if you see a pattern, and it works for the coming weeks, I'll go for it.

The only ones that seem good enough for being in a pattern are the characters, stages, items and modes. You haven't quite convinced me with the rest.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Ah crap, not that nerd again. Koopaul's also the one who bothered Pixeltendo with his "zomg Nintendo is going downhill" bullcrap.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
well the pattern has one thing not mentioned(that i saw) the 15-sec movie that was shown at the E3 conference. was an update on the sight though this could be a double post.
I think that was still considered an update but has no real category to it... Except Notice I think..

Since its the only thing under "Notices"

Florida

イーグランツ
We already got a music update for this week >_>
If you would've actually of read the posts, you would've noticed that we were talking about Week 10. :)
Deoxys as an item, only proves this theory more. But it could strongly be a coincidence. We'll just have to wait and see.

Midna

Smash Apprentice
all I've seen and been concerned about was the new character updates they've had in the last 3 weeks. (Zelda, Bowser, DK).
when I say new characters, I mean characters other than than the 10 (11 if you count ZSS & Samus as seperates) we've seen for the past year.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Well, I figured Sakurai had a method behind his madness, he always does. It's just that I didn't feel like finding the pattern behind having for say a music update after a character of didn't franchise or some such thing.

Good Job though! If this is to be closed, at least wait out the week, according to him, we still have a character, mode, and how to play to get through this week. meh, for the sake of the rest of the week, i hope he's wrong, modes and how to play's all suck, with few exceptions.

lonewolfe

Smash Journeyman
O.O Awesome job finding the pattern and such, I'll definetely be looking out for a character update now.

I wonder if the pattern of updates is so complex that specific days of the week have certain updates (depending on what week/month etc...) Nah, too complex o.O

Brockman5

Smash Ace
it seems pretty good...i've been tracking the updates too..and figured we have a new character every couple of weeks...then something new....assist trophys...

well lets see what happens 2morow...

Top Bottom