• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could the Sonic series get a 2nd rep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Subspace Emisary is a story that ties in all of the characters. there are not original stories. saying sonic is in it for the role is the same as saying that about Mario. They both have roles none of which are about their original stories
Well put, and while I agree with you, I see it a little differently.
My first question is why would Sonic get involved with the nintendo universe anyways? I would figure he would have to have some kind of motive to get involved, maybe a character being taken or chaos emeralds being taken? DK's motive was having his banana's taken. Mario and Kirby's motives are from seeing the subspace army first hand and seeing Wario "tropheyize" one of the princesses.
Anyhow, I figure Sonic would need some kind of motive and that is why I see another character as a possibility as the motive.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Stolen friends wouldn't be as orginal if DK already has the stolen part. (He loves Bananas more then he does Diddy =D)

Sonic needs his own original role in the Emissiary

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
NiGHTS for Brawl as second "Sonic" Character (Well, he's IN Sonic's Adventure)

elwordo310

Smash Cadet
Well put, and while I agree with you, I see it a little differently.
My first question is why would Sonic get involved with the nintendo universe anyways? I would figure he would have to have some kind of motive to get involved, maybe a character being taken or chaos emeralds being taken? DK's motive was having his banana's taken. Mario and Kirby's motives are from seeing the subspace army first hand and seeing Wario "tropheyize" one of the princesses.
Anyhow, I figure Sonic would need some kind of motive and that is why I see another character as a possibility as the motive.
Sonic and Mario have had a (if I were to put it into words) a friendly rivalry. I belive the 2D wars has fought over who is a better character. Never the less Sonics motive is probably collecting chaos emeralds and defeating Robotnic (im still living in 1995). But those are motives not origional storylines. The Story behind the SSE is The Stadium thing with Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Peach. Every one plays a small role in what looks like an invasion I presume. So here is a conclusion; New Story, Old Motives!

Sonic and Mario have had a (if I were to put it into words) a friendly rivalry. I belive the 2D wars has fought over who is a better character. Never the less Sonics motive is probably collecting chaos emeralds and defeating Robotnic (im still living in 1995). But those are motives not origional storylines. The Story behind the SSE is The Stadium thing with Mario, Kirby, Zelda, and Peach. Every one plays a small role in what looks like an invasion I presume. So here is a conclusion; New Story, Old Motives!
I do very much agree with the conclusion, and I see as the same way too. But one of Sonic's past motives has been rescuing one of his friends (sometimes Tails.... hint hint) so I think a new Sonic character could appear that way OR Robotnik/Eggman using Subspace stuff to attack Sonic, ergo his attack on the Subspace enemies!
@Psycho, that picture of NiGHTs is awesome. Well done.

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
I had a dream with all four in it, and my dreams do come true. But, my dream also had other wierd people, so maybe it coming true wouldn't be good.

Anyways, I choose Shadow as #1, but Knuckles as close contender. Honestly, I like Tails, but I think he's more redundant than Shadow. What can Tails really do? He can fly, and that's a bout it. Sure he has robots, but he can't just spontaneously pull them out for use in Smash. Anyways, Shadow FTW!

Thedude3445

Smash Apprentice
Amy has a hammer, and with the story and my Sonamy obbsession as the first straight male fan of the pairing, nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a dream with all four in it, and my dreams do come true. But, my dream also had other wierd people, so maybe it coming true wouldn't be good.

Anyways, I choose Shadow as #1, but Knuckles as close contender. Honestly, I like Tails, but I think he's more redundant than Shadow. What can Tails really do? He can fly, and that's a bout it. Sure he has robots, but he can't just spontaneously pull them out for use in Smash. Anyways, Shadow FTW!
Yes, because 2 hedgehogs are needed in Smash when the Sonic's series features a bunch of other unique characters...

How about one that happens to be a Nightmaren?

Yes, because 2 hedgehogs are needed in Smash when the Sonic's series features a bunch of other unique characters...

How about one that happens to be a Nightmaren?
... guess no one picked on that "suggestion".
Well, because I don't want this thread to die, I'll put up an argument.
Why NiGHTs? Of course he/she/it is awesome and the games are the most trippy in the world, but why NiGHTs? I don't see it as much of a fighter, but having incredible recovery.
UpB = Free Flight
SideB = Dash thingy???
B = Spin in place (blocks projectiles and like mario tornado)
DownB = Dive Bomb???
I really don't know how NiGHTs would fight. Enlighten me anyone?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why NiGHTs? Of course he/she/it is awesome and the games are the most trippy in the world, but why NiGHTs? I don't see it as much of a fighter, but having incredible recovery.
UpB = Free Flight
SideB = Dash thingy???
DownB = Dive Bomb???
Because NiGHTS is my favorite SEGA character, even more than Knuckles, and I'm a big Knuckles fan...

No, I can't think up a good moveset right now, I'm sure there is one in the NiGHTS thread. Even then, they could probably work one out...

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
UpB = Free Flight
SideB = Dash thingy???
DownB = Dive Bomb???
Why not have NiGHTs? How about because the game looked and felt like a drug trip. That game had almost no fighting, so the main dude should not be in Smash. Third Party reps should only be hugely popular characters, not spinoff druggies!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why not have NiGHTs? How about because the game looked and felt like a drug trip. That game had almost no fighting, so the main dude should not be in Smash. Third Party reps should only be hugely popular characters, not spinoff druggies!
It's an awesome game whether you want to admit it or not

Your other points are just stupid

...You sound like one of those people that do stuff only because other people are doing it or because it's popular...

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
TAILS for brawl: MOVESET and more

Tails need to make it to brawl, sonic need his wing man. And we all want to do the multiplayer team battle of sonic and tails vs Mario and Luigi

TAILS MOVES

Side smash: spin kick- tails spin launch him forward with a powerful kick

Up smash: Hover cut- using tail propulsion tails, hovers up with a punch

Down smash: dirt blender- Tails faces up while spining his tails on the ground

Side B: Flighting dash- tails revs up and releases flying across the stage with force.

Up B: Classic flight

Down B: Spin- slight homage to sonic his does the classic spin mode with his tails coming out behind him

FS: Tails jumps in his plane and flys around for a period of time gunning down enemies and at the end his ship crashs with a bang

I do like that moveset, except for side b is kind of weird and feels like another spin dash tails style. I would change:
Side B - Pocket Blaster (the one from Sonic Battle): Can be charged up and knocks enemies upwards instead of sideways
Neutral B - Tails Spin - Tails spins in place. If done in air, he gets a short boost in mid air.
And yes, I did read the NiGHTs stuff, but I don't know if the game really has had that profound of an effect on the gaming world. If so, enlighten me.

Cless

Smash Champion
I don't think there will be anymore playable Sonic characters. That being said, I'd rather have Knuckles be playable than Tails. Tails was always a support kind of character which would fit better as an Assist Trophy. If you fell off a stage, he could just fly the person who activated him back up or something, and he'd follow you around and not do much if you weren't off the stage.

SonicMario

Smash Master
But you have to admit that if there happened to be another playable. That Tails would have the better chance over Knuckles. Even the most new Sonic fan would say Tails is as to Sonic as Luigi is to Mario.

Cless

Smash Champion
I would agree about that to a point. I see Mario and Luigi more as partners than lead and sidekick. They can be independent of each other much more easily. Tails is almost always in support of Sonic.

Actually, this post can probably get picked apart pretty easily, but whatever.

SonicMario

Smash Master
In the more recent games. Tails have been more support, but in the Adventure series and the years before. Tails helped alot. How would of Sonic defeated the Egg Carrier without Tails's help?

Cless

Smash Champion
Yeah, I realize that, but my point was that he still supported Sonic in the overall scheme of things. Sonic couldn't blow up the Egg Carrier without Tails' help, but who blew up the Egg Carrier? Actually, that's a bad example. I think Knuckles blew it up, but could Tails beat Chaos? No. Could Tails fight Biohazard? No. Did it really matter if Tails was there or not in Sonic 2 or 3? Not really, though Tails could play in 3 by himself.

Whenever Luigi was playable in a game, you could play as either him or Mario, and the end result wasn't really that different.

Cless

Smash Champion
Especially with all the anti clone sentiment. I mean I suppose that Chaos Spear and Chaos Control could be worked in somehow, but still...

Cless

Smash Champion
I guess, but why wouldn't they make it Chaos Control? That was Shadow's ultimate move in SA2 outside of Super Shadow.

What a waste.
We have had arguments across the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread arguing about Tails > Knuckles or Knuckles > Tails or "Shadow! Let him be a clone!"
So... look at those pages to make an intelligent response instead arguing the same arguments that were made before.
Read the thread. What is so hard about that?

SonicLuigi

Smash Journeyman
either green hill zone or mushroom kingdom
What a waste.
We have had arguments across the last 5 or 6 pages of this thread arguing about Tails > Knuckles or Knuckles > Tails or "Shadow! Let him be a clone!"
So... look at those pages to make an intelligent response instead arguing the same arguments that were made before.
Read the thread. What is so hard about that?
i didnt say that shadow HAD to be a clone we were stating reasons he couldnt be one

SonicMario

Smash Master
The point of this thread was to debate on who would be the 2nd re if they decide to make one. Honestly, I think this thread is pointless. Because any of them could become ATs or in Robotnik's case: A boss. So It's more on who would make a better AT rather then character.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
I don't think the Sonic series needs another playable character. I wouldn't mind Sonic characters becoming ATs, but another playable would ruin the chances of another great 3rd party character. What I think they should do is have another Sega character. (That's saying if they can't get another 3rd party to contribute a character) How awesome would a NiGHTS be as a playable character?

Oh and Crazy Taxi for AT!

Machspeed

Smash Lord
I would love to see Knuckles in this game or possibly the sequel to brawl (whenever there is one).

Knuckles is one of the only in the series to actually *punch* things, and I mean come on, he has spikes on his fists. His Up B could be some kind of glide and his down B could be digging into the floor. He seems ideal for this type of game, and although the chances of him getting in are one in a billion, I'd still love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom