• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Costume/Colour Change Awkwardness

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Yeh, I made 2 threads in 2 minutes. Ban me.

Anyways. This thread is about posting who you think would look really weird with a costume/colour change.

My choice would be Pit and Pokemon Trainer. First of all, Pit's personality comes from the robes. If they were purple or green, that would just be terrible. And what about alternate PT costumes? I seriously hope they don't give the Pokemon colour tints like they did with Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Jiggs in Melee.

So who do YOU think would look awkward with Colour/Costume changes?

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Pokemon trainer could have just the trainer change outfits, like an Ash outfit, or Brock outfit, or w/e.

And yeah, Pit and Snake would both look weird.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Pokemon trainer could have just the trainer change outfits, like an Ash outfit, or Brock outfit, or w/e.

Anime characters wouldn't happen. It'd be more likely if the other trainers were alts.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
definetly gotta agree with Snake being the weirdest looking since most of the time he's wearing gray all-around

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Snake could have a camo outfit, regular dark gray, other variations etc.
Pit could have different colored wings/shoes.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Then different colored bracelets/jewelery/lining etc. It can be done to not look ugly. Kinda like Jiggs/Pika/DK.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman

But the Pokemon themselves need to look different, not really the trainer. If all of the Pokemon looked the same, then you wouldn't know which is which...

IF Sonic is in the game, he would look wierd in any color other then yellow, unless they made Shadow and (wtf ever is the name of the) white one.

Formless

Smash Cadet
Snake should change to Camo Naked Snake, MGS1 Solid Snake, true MGS2 Snake, or Old Snake as his alts. It's already weird seeing MGS2 snake with Big Boss's face on top (Though modified slightly)

T-major

Smash Champion
But the Pokemon themselves need to look different, not really the trainer. If all of the Pokemon looked the same, then you wouldn't know which is which...

IF Sonic is in the game, he would look wierd in any color other then yellow, unless they made Shadow and (wtf ever is the name of the) white one.
thats why they should just get accessories. :D

Like, Sonic would have different coloured shoes, and some sort of Head gear that matches the chosen colour; but he would still be blue.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
definetly gotta agree with Snake being the weirdest looking since most of the time he's wearing gray all-around
They could make it easier if he wears certain camoflauge from MGS3, like his Moss, Spirit, Fire, and Snow Camos. This would essentially make him Big Boss though, kind of like Falcon's red color making him Blood Falcon.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Sonic can change colors, in one of the cartoons there was a green hedgehog like Sonic. Silver is white, Shadow is black. Yellow is super sonic.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Both Red and his Pokemon will change colours, no doubt about that. While the Pokemon are fighting, Red is still the key point on the character screen. I can't wait to see what kind of costumes he'll have. Black is mandatory. >_>

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
My choice would be Pit and Pokemon Trainer. First of all, Pit's personality comes from the robes. If they were purple or green, that would just be terrible. And what about alternate PT costumes? I seriously hope they don't give the Pokemon colour tints like they did with Mewtwo, Pikachu, and Jiggs in Melee.
Deal with it and use their normal colors. Different colored characters are necessary for team battle.

Top Bottom