• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cosmic Defenders. (UU RMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I have tested this team on Shoddy, and have won quite a few matches with these guys. This is my first new team in a while, and my first UU team ever. Im sorry if my explanations are more.. undescripticive.

Clefable

EVs:

HP- 8
Def- 252
Spec Def- 250

Nature: Bold
Ability: Magic Guard
Item: Leftovers

Moves: Attract, Softboiled, Stealth Rock, Thunder Wave.

Explanation: Clefable's job is to get rocks down. That's about it. It can try to screw up other leads with Attract and Thunder Wave, but usually, it doesn't have the Speed to do so. Softboiled is just in case I want Clefable to stay alive, for some reason. Move suggestions would be nice.

Gorebyss

EVs:

HP- 8
Def- 100
Spec Atk- 252
Spec Def- 100

Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
Item: Life Orb

Moves: Confuse Ray, Ice Beam, Psychic, Surf

Explanation: My Special Sweeper. Confuse Ray is more or less filler. I’m having a hard time deciding between Rain Dance, to take advantage of Swift Swim and the Water power boost, or Confuse Ray. Once again, suggestions are appreciated. Ice Beam and Psychic are for type coverage, and Surf is for STAB.

Absol

EVs:

Atk- 252
Def- 6
Spd- 252

Nature: Adamant
Ability: Super Luck
Item: Life Orb.

Moves: Aerial Ace, Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Stone Edge

Explanation: My Physical Sweeper. All of Absol’s moves take advantage of Super Luck, rasing the Critical Hit ratio of the already high crit moves. Aerial Ace is to take care of Bug and Fighting Types, Night Slash is for STAB, Psycho Cut is also for Fighting types, and Stone Edge is filler.

Xatu

EVs:

HP- 88
Spd- 170
Spec Atk- 252

Nature: Bold
Ability: Synchronize
Item: Toxic Orb

Moves: Confuse Ray, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Signal Beam

Explanation: IT’S A TRAP. Xatu is the team annoyer. You might be asking “Toxic Orb?”. Synchronize give’s Xatu’s status condition to the other Pokemon of the battlefield. Ex: If Xatu get’s toxiced, so will the opponent. Confuse Ray also help’s Xatu be even more annoying. Psychic is for STAB, Shadow Ball is for type coverage, and Signal Beam is to take care of Dark types.

Hypno

EVs:

Atk- 158
Def- 100
Spec Def- 252

Nature: Careful
Ability: Forewarn
Item: Leftovers

Moves: Hypnosis, Nightmare, Thunder Wave, Zen Headbutt

Explanation: My wall. Uses Hypnosis to force a switch. If they chose to stay in, Nightmare will punish them. Thunder Wave is filler, and Zen Headbutt is for attacking, and STAB.

Altaria

EVs:

HP- 50
Atk- 200
Def- 10
Spd- 50
Spec Atk- 200

Nature: Quiet
Ability: Natural Cure
Item: Life Orb

Moves: Aerial Ace, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Ice Beam
Explanation: My Mixed Sweeper. Aerial Ace and Dragon Claw are for STAB, Earthquake and Flamethrower are or type coverage. Altaria doesn’t have anything that can counter all the water types using Ice Beam or Ice Punch, so Flamethrower is there to hope that the Beam and Punch users are pure Ice.

That’s all. Move, and EV suggestion’s are welcomed.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Did you really test this team?

First of all, Attract is a really dumb gimmick move that at any decent level people aren't gonna use because it's just that dumb. If you want to cripple the opposing Pokémon's utility, Encore is far more reliable.

Second of all, how's Gorebyss supposed to sweep on base 52 speed, zero investment, and no rain? Its base 105 defense is okay for tanking a hit except that it's also on base 55 HP. The only thing you'd be sweeping with Gorebyss is some other NU Pokémon. If you want a real special sweeper while keeping the water typing, try Omastar if you want to go for rain or Golduck if not. Omastar hits significantly harder, while Golduck is able to keep a manageable speed on its own while blocking out weather boosts with its Cloud Nine.

Third, I don't think Synchronize works with Toxic Orb, since it is a self-induced status condition. I also can't make sense of your EV choices with him - what are you attempting to outspeed with 170 (which is a number not divisible by 4)?

Finally, Altaria's attacks, nature, and EVs make zero sense. What's a sweeper doing with 58 investment in defenses, only 50 investment in speed, and being absolutely confused as to what side it wants to hit harder in? Aerial Ace, even STAB'd, has a mere base power of 90, so unless you really hate fighting types (which is odd, considering you also have a Hypno on your team), it's a silly choice. Might as well run Dragon Claw for STAB, EQ Ice Beam Flamethrower for coverage, and max your speed, or at least run enough to outspeed common Ice Beam users.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Did you really test this team?

First of all, Attract is a really dumb gimmick move that at any decent level people aren't gonna use because it's just that dumb. If you want to cripple the opposing Pokémon's utility, Encore is far more reliable.

Second of all, how's Gorebyss supposed to sweep on base 52 speed, zero investment, and no rain? Its base 105 defense is okay for tanking a hit except that it's also on base 55 HP. The only thing you'd be sweeping with Gorebyss is some other NU Pokémon. If you want a real special sweeper while keeping the water typing, try Omastar if you want to go for rain or Golduck if not. Omastar hits significantly harder, while Golduck is able to keep a manageable speed on its own while blocking out weather boosts with its Cloud Nine.

Third, I don't think Synchronize works with Toxic Orb, since it is a self-induced status condition. I also can't make sense of your EV choices with him - what are you attempting to outspeed with 170 (which is a number not divisible by 4)?

Finally, Altaria's attacks, nature, and EVs make zero sense. What's a sweeper doing with 58 investment in defenses, only 50 investment in speed, and being absolutely confused as to what side it wants to hit harder in? Aerial Ace, even STAB'd, has a mere base power of 90, so unless you really hate fighting types (which is odd, considering you also have a Hypno on your team), it's a silly choice. Might as well run Dragon Claw for STAB, EQ Ice Beam Flamethrower for coverage, and max your speed, or at least run enough to outspeed common Ice Beam users.
Like I said, this is my first team in a long time. Thanks for the advice.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
You also claimed to have tested the team and won "quite a few" matches. I don't see how that's possible when you still believed Toxic Orb works with Synchronize.

Riddle

Smash Lord
This team has no threat list or general strategy and is obviously not well though. Guys if you see an RMT that does not follow all the rules then please just report it.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Riddle's correct, you need to give a general strategy and list what your team has trouble with. It'd also be helpful to raters if you used the proper format:

Pokemon @ Item
Nature | Ability
EV Spread
~Move 1
~Move 2
~Move 3
~Move 4
Make the necessary adjustments and PM 'em to me and I'll edit them in and unlock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom