• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
Damn, that looks fine. Now where's my Elise scale to go with her, Max Factory?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
If Max Factory were to make Fire Emblem characters into more figures, I want Hinoka or Takumi to be next for that kind of treatment.

In Pokemon news, don't forget that in addition to Sun and Moon news this Friday, CoroCoro scans should come out between tomorrow and Thursday.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In Pokemon news, don't forget that in addition to Sun and Moon news this Friday, CoroCoro scans should come out between tomorrow and Thursday.
They're likely to cover the same things, but I'm looking forward to it all the same. Especially since Type: Null got teased in the last issue.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If Max Factory are gonna go around making Fire Emblem Fates figurine of Camilla, they should at least do one of Hinoka and especially Azura as well. I would pay big money for those two.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I found this funny video. It has Fire Emblem jokes, as well as jokes of other things.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This has honestly been the case for a while, but I don't consider Corrin a secondary anymore. S/he's really nothing more than a pocket character to me now.

I always tried to keep my Corrin well-polished for the times when I need her, but I just never use her when I feel serious about winning. I have her for the sonic match up and that's it. Her neutral feels too awkward to me, and I'm not willing to give her the same extreme dedication I give to Charizard so I could get over that.

Heh, I remember when the DLC first dropped and everyone was calling her "brain dead". It didn't take long at all for people to adapt and figure out that there's ways to fight her after all.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
(Don't have time to post picture because school's about to start) So Alolan Grimer was leaked. It's.......probably the worst looking Alola form. Then again, you can't make a pile of sludge look appealing. I suppose this also confirms Alolan Muk.

I hate memes, really. Can't stand those.
Same here but only if they're over-saturated. Like, right now, the trending meme is "SOME BODY ONCE TOLD ME" which was funny the first time but it's just over-repetitive now. But i'm fine with one-time memes. That video i posted is a good example of that.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Here's the CoroCoro scan featuring Alola Grimer:

Yeah, looks pretty ugly. I was expecting a lava-themed Grimer to fit the volcanic setting in Alola, but I guess that might make it too similar to Slugma.

The same source of the CoroCoro scan states that Type: Null evolves into a Pokemon named "Shiruvadi," and it has the ability "AR System" which changes its type based on its held item.

The same source also states Jangmo'o's full evolution line is revealed in this month's issue. The Pokemon evolves into "Jarango" and then "Jararango," and both Pokemon are Dragon/Fighting-types.

Keep in mind that these two additional details are currently unconfirmed at the moment, so take them with a grain of salt. We'll see if more pictures are uploaded later in the day to see if this information is true.

RosalinA

Smash Ace
Battlefield. These stadiums are really homey.
NNID
EthanDL
3DS FC
3093-7662-4641
Here's the CoroCoro scan featuring Alola Grimer:

Yeah, looks pretty ugly. I was expecting a lava-themed Grimer to fit the volcanic setting in Alola, but I guess that might make it too similar to Slugma.

The same source of the CoroCoro scan states that Type: Null evolves into a Pokemon named "Shiruvadi," and it has the ability "AR System" which changes its type based on its held item.

The same source also states Jangmo'o's full evolution line is revealed in this month's issue. The Pokemon evolves into "Jarango" and then "Jararango," and both Pokemon are Dragon/Fighting-types.

Keep in mind that these two additional details are currently unconfirmed at the moment, so take them with a grain of salt. We'll see if more pictures are uploaded later in the day to see if this information is true.
Thank you for letting us know! A dragon fighting type is a first and actually sounds so cool. Any guess on the typing of Alola Gimer, because I was going to guess poison and dark?

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Thank you for letting us know! A dragon fighting type is a first and actually sounds so cool. Any guess on the typing of Alola Gimer, because I was going to guess poison and dark?
It's poison/dark.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
And now the rest of the CoroCoro leaks have been posted, confirming the information the leaker talked about!

First off is Jangmo'o's evolved forms, Jarango & Jararanga which are indeed Dragon/Fighting types. Personally, I absolutely love these designs. These might be some of my favorite dragon type designs, and the unique type combo is just the icing on the cake! Definitely going to be adding this bad boy to my party.

Next is Type:Null's evolution! "When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. It has a special item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time thanks to its ability, AR System. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. The type change is reflected in its eyes, mane and tail which glow the colour representing the type. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item." So the mysteries surrounding this artificial Pokémon deepen, as it seems to really go all in on the chimera aspects of it's design by being able to be ANY TYPE. That alone is insane, and this design is just amazing! Apparently, Gladion is actually holding the "Memory" item in the artwork at the bottom, which is pretty intriguing. Can't wait to learn more about Sylvadi!

Last but not least we have the page that revealed Alolan Grimer, who's looking quite a bit better in-game than in artwork. But the other big thing to note is the pink-haired character at the bottom. Their name is Illmia, and they will be the first Trial Captain that you face on your journey. Judging by the hair color, I'd guess they're a Fairy type user. In any case, this reveals that there will be more than 4 Trial Captains in the game, which is great news in my opinion.

All in all, this has been quite the exciting reveal! Can't wait to see all these new Pokémon in action!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
And now the rest of the CoroCoro leaks have been posted, confirming the information the leaker talked about!

First off is Jangmo'o's evolved forms, Jarango & Jararanga which are indeed Dragon/Fighting types. Personally, I absolutely love these designs. These might be some of my favorite dragon type designs, and the unique type combo is just the icing on the cake! Definitely going to be adding this bad boy to my party.

Next is Type:Null's evolution! "When Type: Null finds a trainer it trusts, it destroys its helmet and evolves into Silvadi. It has a special item called Memory that lets it be one of all 18 types at any one time thanks to its ability, AR System. It's not currently known if it's one item that can change this, or if there are 18 different ones. The type change is reflected in its eyes, mane and tail which glow the colour representing the type. It has a new attack called Multi Attack which changes type based on its hold item." So the mysteries surrounding this artificial Pokémon deepen, as it seems to really go all in on the chimera aspects of it's design by being able to be ANY TYPE. That alone is insane, and this design is just amazing! Apparently, Gladion is actually holding the "Memory" item in the artwork at the bottom, which is pretty intriguing. Can't wait to learn more about Sylvadi!

Last but not least we have the page that revealed Alolan Grimer, who's looking quite a bit better in-game than in artwork. But the other big thing to note is the pink-haired character at the bottom. Their name is Illmia, and they will be the first Trial Captain that you face on your journey. Judging by the hair color, I'd guess they're a Fairy type user. In any case, this reveals that there will be more than 4 Trial Captains in the game, which is great news in my opinion.

All in all, this has been quite the exciting reveal! Can't wait to see all these new Pokémon in action!
I've been waiting for a Dragon/Fight Pokemon for so long now. Jagmo-o is automaticlly on my team. And it does seem that its final evolved form will be a psuedo-legendary (inb4 its a few stats short of being psuedo-legendary). Also, with the way Type: Null's evolution works, its pretty much a synthetic Arceus. One more new piece of Coro-Coro info is a new poster+screenshots for the Sun&Moon anime:

Ash, what happened to your face?! I'm sorry, i'm just not feeling the hype for the Sun&Moon anime. Maybe its because XY and XY&Z was so good, probably the best Pokemon anime we've ever had.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Copy and pasting my thoughts from another social I'm a part of regarding today's news:

Silvady has definitely become one of my favorites from Alola so far! That head makes it look really majestic! I was worried Type: Null would look ugly without the mask, but I was wrong. I'm also getting some strong Arceus implications from it thanks to its ability and signature attack. I can imagine the Pokemon Reboot/Alchemy has intensified with this news, and I can already see Lockster / Gnoggin rubbing his hands together saying, "Yes, yes, YES! My theory is becoming even more true!" This news also makes me wonder how will we get Type: Null. I doubt it'll be a wild Pokemon. I'm guessing Gladion gives it to you at some point, but then that makes me wonder if he'll give it to you when it's a Type: Null or when it is a Silvady. Either way, it's definitely going on my team.

I didn't expect Jangmo'o's evolution to gain a more Aztec look as it evolves. I like the middle-stage, but the final-stage will probably take some to get used to; it does have a good design though. Might get one on my team if I have room.

Never been a fan of Grimer, and I think Alola Form makes it look even more unappealing.

Not much to say about the new Trial Captain. I'm glad we now know how Ilima looks like after her name was mentioned in a recent trailer. Interesting to see she'll be the first Trial Captain though. What type does she specialize? I also thought she was related to Hau at first because he appears right next to her in the scan.

As for the anime news, not surprised Pikachu will form some sort of bond with Togedemaru. Didn't think Samson Oak runs that school though. Makes me curious to see how will Ash and Samson Oak's first encounter enfold. I'll still wait and see how Sun and Moon compares to other Pokemon anime series once I've seen around 10 episodes of it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Jararanga is kind of cool. I'm not crazy for it or anything, but it's nice. Dragon and Fighting types are both pretty good, so I'll bet it'll be pretty good in competitive itself.

Silvadi is really cool. I didn't know what Type: Null looked like underneath its helmet, but I didn't expect it to be both a chimera and a cyborg. And the idea of it evolving simply by destroying it's helmet is also really unique. I'm definitely sticking one of these guys on my team as soon as I'm able.
Judging by the hair color, I'd guess they're a Fairy type user.
She looks more like a normal-type user to me, judging by her outfit. It's kind of plain, especially for a fairy-user.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I can imagine the Pokemon Reboot/Alchemy has intensified with this news, and I can already see Lockster / Gnoggin rubbing his hands together saying, "Yes, yes, YES! My theory is becoming even more true!"
Ah yes, that theory. I don't buy it. Mainly because i don't see how a Pokemon Reboot would work and also, there's no way Pokemon is ending at Gen 7. Well, Black&White WAS the reboot. That being said, i've only watched the first part of the theory mainly because Lockster / Gnoggin makes each part like an hour long and its just exhausting taking in so much info at once.

I'll still wait and see how Sun and Moon compares to other Pokemon anime series once I've seen around 10 episodes of it.
Same here. I'm gonna give it a chance, probably gonna watch the first season. It's just, i'm not really liking what i've seen so far. I doubt it'll be as good as XY/XY&Z but i'm at least hoping its at least better than the Black&White anime.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
And for any Pokken fans, the big character reveal is none other than Scizor!

Definitely looks like a fun character, I've always been a fan of Scizor so I'm very happy. Also this confirms the data leaks found awhile ago that also leaked Darkrai as a character. So with two for two on those leaks, it seems pretty likely that the next DLC character we'll get is Empoleon, which is the character I'm most excited for! In any case, at the moment Scizor is only confirmed for arcades (like Darkrai), so hopefully we'll see a Wii U reveal for them soon. Some have been speculating that they're waiting to reveal the third DLC character (Empoleon) and then release all of the characters at once for Wii U. I'd assume they're also using the arcade version to test balance for the new characters before bringing them to Wii U. Hoping to see them soon!
One more new piece of Coro-Coro info is a new poster+screenshots for the Sun&Moon anime:

Ash, what happened to your face?! I'm sorry, i'm just not feeling the hype for the Sun&Moon anime. Maybe its because XY and XY&Z was so good, probably the best Pokemon anime we've ever had.
What do you mean what happened to his face? Those types of over the top, cartoony reaction faces have been used in anime for decades, and throughout the other Pokémon animes as well.

While I agree XY and XY&Z we're definitely both very fantastic series, I feel a lot of people are letting their love for the last series blind them to the possibilities of Sun and Moon. It's going in a very different direction for sure, both in tone and in animation, but that doesn't automatically make it better or worse. It depends on how they make use of these new directions they're taking and how they'll make it a new and unique series compared to other entries in the Pokémon anime franchise.
She looks more like a normal-type user to me, judging by her outfit. It's kind of plain, especially for a fairy-user.
Normal is also a possibility, considering they are the first Trial Captain you face. Although they could also just be a more reserved Fairy type user. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What do you mean what happened to his face? Those types of over the top, cartoony reaction faces have been used in anime for decades, and throughout the other Pokémon animes as well.
I know that. I've seen those faces. But this is the first time i'm seeing THAT variant on Ash. Ash has done funny faces before, but not one like that.

While I agree XY and XY&Z we're definitely both very fantastic series, I feel a lot of people are letting their love for the last series blind them to the possibilities of Sun and Moon. It's going in a very different direction for sure, both in tone and in animation, but that doesn't automatically make it better or worse. It depends on how they make use of these new directions they're taking and how they'll make it a new and unique series compared to other entries in the Pokémon anime franchise.
It's not that we're necissarily blinded by it. Here's the thing. Sun&Moon appears to be taking a more Slice-of-Life direction. That's fine, i've seen my fair share of Slice-of-Life animes. The thing is, the premise of Sun&Moon's anime shouldn't be the main series. The main series is all about Ash and how he wants to become a Pokemon Master. And in Sun&Moon, it just feels like he's throwing that dream away.

I'm still watching Sun&Moon. I'm not hating on it. It just seems like a really weird direction to go in after XY and XY&Z. The main reason people say Kalos had the best anime is because XY and XY&Z fixed a lot of the problems the Pokemon anime previously had.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Black&White WAS the reboot. That being said, i've only watched the first part of the theory mainly because Lockster / Gnoggin makes each part like an hour long and its just exhausting taking in so much info at once.
Black and White ended up being a soft reboot rather than a full-fledged reboot; by the next-game. The Unova dex ended up implementing Pokemon from older gens rather than sticking with just the new Unova Pokemon like what Black and White did. If you want an idea how a Pokemon reboot could work, Lockstin / Gnoggin made a video where he explained some of his ideas.

I'm not completely jumping on the Pokemon Reboot theory just yet, but I do think there is some good evidence to support it.

And for any Pokken fans, the big character reveal is none other than Scizor!

Definitely looks like a fun character, I've always been a fan of Scizor so I'm very happy. Also this confirms the data leaks found awhile ago that also leaked Darkrai as a character. So with two for two on those leaks, it seems pretty likely that the next DLC character we'll get is Empoleon, which is the character I'm most excited for! In any case, at the moment Scizor is only confirmed for arcades (like Darkrai), so hopefully we'll see a Wii U reveal for them soon. Some have been speculating that they're waiting to reveal the third DLC character (Empoleon) and then release all of the characters at once for Wii U. I'd assume they're also using the arcade version to test balance for the new characters before bringing them to Wii U. Hoping to see them soon!
Nice! Scizor was among my most wanted, so it's nice to see it made it in. Looks pretty fun too with all the slashing, not to mention it has a great voice for this game. My only worry is that Scizor worsened Gallade's chances (Gallade is my top most wanted). Most of Scizor's moves look a lot like how I envisioned how Gallade would fight, minus teleportation.

Looking forward to seeing Empoleon in Pokken too. I can imagine it being a pretty fun fighter where it would attack much like a penguin. Some attack ideas I had in mind are belly slide, Drill Peck, and Ice Beam (because penguins come from cold climates).

------

We now have a better image of Gladion using the Memory items.

Damn, he's looking pretty edgy! He still has the Owain/Odin hand pose, but that serious face reminds me of Leo in Birthright Chapter 18.

It looks like Gladion will evolve his Type: Null at some point, and he will have multiple Memory items at his disposable. I can imagine the typing of his Silvadi will change with each battle.

------

As for the whole Ilima discussion, I think her Trial will probably be very basic. She looks like someone who either attends the Pokemon Trainer school or teaches there, and this wouldn't be the first case we had someone like that. Roxanne and Cheren were Gym Leaders and they taught at the Pokemon Trainer school. One focused on Rock-types, the other specialized in Normal-types. Considering Ilima's very basic clothing style, she could be a Normal-type Trial captain. Yet, she also looks like someone that could specialize in Rock-types. I mean, her clothing and semi-glove matches a rock's color, her semi-glove looks pretty unique, and she seems to have a rather unique hair pin that matches the look of a rock.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Ash obviously took his lost in the Kalos League hard. Twenty years of failing to win single Pokemon League caused poor Ash to snap, abandon his Pokemon (except Pikachu) and dream of becoming a Pokemon master to go back to school. Watch him fail to graduate.

Most likely what would happen in the end, Ash would take whatever knowledge he learned in Alola and vow to win the next Pokemon League he goes to next. He'll visit the eighth generation's region (assuming we go back to 8 gym leaders) and fail spectacularly at the Pokemon league.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
abandon his Pokemon (except Pokemon)
I didn't know Pokemon was a Pokemon. Anyways, i'm like, the only one who doesn't complain about Ash losing the league. We all bash on him for losing but when you think about it, consistently placing Top 8 or higher is actually pretty good. But because he's the main protagonist, he HAS to win, according to the viewer.

The only time i was angry at Ash losing the league was recently in Kalos, mainly because everything pointed towards Ash winning.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I know that. I've seen those faces. But this is the first time i'm seeing THAT variant on Ash. Ash has done funny faces before, but not one like that.

It's not that we're necissarily blinded by it. Here's the thing. Sun&Moon appears to be taking a more Slice-of-Life direction. That's fine, i've seen my fair share of Slice-of-Life animes. The thing is, the premise of Sun&Moon's anime shouldn't be the main series. The main series is all about Ash and how he wants to become a Pokemon Master. And in Sun&Moon, it just feels like he's throwing that dream away.

I'm still watching Sun&Moon. I'm not hating on it. It just seems like a really weird direction to go in after XY and XY&Z. The main reason people say Kalos had the best anime is because XY and XY&Z fixed a lot of the problems the Pokemon anime previously had.
That's fair. I'm just saying it shouldn't be that weird seeing Ash make goofy faces like that, since he's done it plenty before.

Why shouldn't Sun and Moon's premise be for the main series? Just because he decided to take a break from challenging League's doesn't mean he's still not working to become a Pokémon Master. He's just doing it in a different way, which fits well with Sun and Moon as a whole, since it's completely going against the tradition of "8 gyms, Elite 4, Champion" we've seen before. So shouldn't it stand to reason that the anime would follow suit and have them try something new? The anime adaptions always follow the main games, while putting there own spin on certain things. Maybe Ash took his loss in Kalos to heart, and seeing a way to make himself a stronger trainer (enrolling in Alola's Pokémon School) he jumps at the chance. So it doesn't seem like Ash is "throwing that dream away" to me, but is just going after it in a different way.

Also, just because the series starts of as a very "slice of life" format doesn't mean it will stay that way. XY started off as a pretty by the numbers Pokémon anime, but slowly developed and grew to become one of the best anime series Pokémon has ever produced. Perhaps Sun and Moon will see similar development, though of course it's too early to tell.

So I can see and understand your concerns, but I really don't think Sun and Moon is abandoning Ash's dream. It's just doing things differently, which is kind of what Sun and Moon is all about.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Also, just because the series starts of as a very "slice of life" format doesn't mean it will stay that way. XY started off as a pretty by the numbers Pokémon anime, but slowly developed and grew to become one of the best anime series Pokémon has ever produced. Perhaps Sun and Moon will see similar development, though of course it's too early to tell.
So we got new trailers
And yeah, it's definitely going to be more Slice-of-Life than previous series. Which is fine. My only concern is, it may be the shortest Pokemon anime. Because Slice-of-Life animes don't last that long, most of them are 12 episodes long, some last around 20-ish episodes, and very rarely do you get more than that and they usually only reach to about 100 episodes. I suppose Sun&Moon would get more than 100 episodes because it's Pokemon but it still may end up being shorter than other series. On the bright side, that means I don't have to worry about filler episodes since Slice-of-Life and filler don't belong in the same sentence.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I remember reading a Tumblr post that speculated that Ash wouldn't go to school for the entire series. Rather, it would be similar to Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia. In that game, you start out attending Almia's Ranger school, where you learn the basics of becoming a Pokemon Ranger. Once you graduate, that's when your adventure starts. It could be something similar here Ash might be attending school to gain a sense of what to expect in Alola, and it seems like this school also plays a role in becoming a Trial Captain. I mean, four of them are attending that same school. Ash could be attending it not to become a Trial Captain; rather, he could learn about how the Island Trials works and gain a sense how Trial Captains play out. As for Lillie? She's probably at the school just for the studying, since her game bio mentions she loves reading books.

Just my two cents regarding what might happen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new Sun and Moon trailer has been released. It mainly reveals a bunch of new evolutions and two new trainers:

Type: Null's evolution is now called "Silvally," and its ability is now named "RKS System." Jangmo'o's evolutions are now called "Hakamo'o" and "Kommo'o." Both Pokemon still have Bulletproof and Soundproof as their abilities. Kommo'o also has a unique move: Clanging Scales. I'm definitely liking Kommo'o more now that I've seen it in action.

Bounsweet's full evolution line has also been revealed. Bounsweet evolves into Steenee, who has the abilities of Leaf Guard or Oblivious, and then it evolves into Tsareena. Tsareena has either Leaf Guard or Queenly Majesty for its ability. The latter is a new ability that seems to negate priority attacks. It also learns a new Grass-type attack called Trop Kick. Personally, I didn't expect Bounsweet to go through a rather... drastic evolution. These two will take some getting used to since they look a bit odd, but I'm interested to see how Tsareena will stack up competitive-meta wise.

Cutiefly's evolution finally had an official reveal. That Pokemon is named Ribombee, and it has Honey Gather and Shield Dust for its abilities. Looks pretty cute. Definitely tied with Vikavolt for my favorite Bug-type this generation.

Alola Muk has also been revealed, and it is a Poison/Dark-type much like its pre-evolution. Both the Alola Grimer and Muk have Poison Touch and Gluttony for its abilities. It still looks pretty hideous.

Ilima keeps her Japanese name, and she is confirmed to specialize in Normal-types. The other revealed trainer is Olivia, the Kahuna of Akala Island. She specializes in Rock-types, and I think this confirms that Kahunas will focus on one-type.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
We got a new Sun&Moon trailer
I'll post my thoughts later when I have my lunch break.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
So Ilmia is in fact a Normal type trainer. Good to know. And I'm absolutely in love with Olivia! She looks like a total badass!

Hakamo'o and Kommo-o's english names are pretty cool (though I'll miss not being able to say Jarararararararanga) and Silvally is a pretty slick name too. And we got to see all of it's Type forms, which is cool. All three are still awesome, especially seeing them in game now. Interested in Kommo-o's unique move, Changing Scales, seems pretty good.

Bounsweet's evolutions, Steenee and Tsareena, definitely went in a different direction than I was expecting, and I couldn't be happier cause I love them both! Lurantis might have some competition now for "the most beautiful grass type." And Tsareena also gets a unique attack in Trop Kick (which is a fantastic pun on "Drop Kick" I must say). Lots of new unique attacks this gen!

Ribombee is kinda just... there for me. It's design is pretty alright, just doesn't really interest me that much. And it's still REALLY small so maybe it'll have one more evolution down the road.

Alolan Grimer looks a heck of a lot better in game still, and Alolan Muk is certainly one fabulously colored sludge monster abomination. It's the good kind of ugly though, because it's meant to be a horrifyingly toxic beast. It's not supposed to look pretty, so the design is quite good in that regard. Also the effect of the multicolored sludge coursing down it's body is really cool.

The Sun and Moon hype train continues!

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alolan Muk really is something else, isn't it?

Grimer was a big disappointment, but that Muk is just crazy. First Exeggutor and now this? They really aren't holding back with these new forms at all.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
My thoughts on the new trailer:
  • Silvally's design is amazing. I just love it. It'll be very interesting to see this Pokemon in competitive since it's essentially a legal Arceus. Speaking of which, it's ability. RKS System. R K S. Ar-kay-us (or Ar-key-us). RKS System=Arceus System. And the fact that it has a signature move that changes with it's type, it's pretty much a synthetic Arceus.
  • Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are automatic members of my team. I have waited for a Dragon/Fighting Type for so long now. I love its Aztec inspired design. It's amazing.
  • Steeny is adorable. I love it. But Tsareena......i'm sorry, I think it looks ugly. It's the same deal in Gen 6 where i love Flabebe and Floette but Florges is just....ew. Like, Tsareena (and Florges) isn't horrible, i'ts just, it starts out cute, then evolves into something cuter and then it evolves into something ugly.
  • Ribombee has a scarf. That's all that matters.
  • Alolan Grimer is ugly but Alolan Muk is amazing. I never thought a pile of sludge could look nice.
As for the Trial Captains, Ilmia is actually a guy. Yep. Didn't see that coming, did you? And Olivia looks cool.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
H O W
How did they make one of the worst designs in pokemon look amazing?!?!?!?!
I was already hyped for type:null, but now that I've seen it's evolution, I'm certainly using it!

is it sad that I already have my full team planned out for S/M?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
is it sad that I already have my full team planned out for S/M?
Not as sad as keeping your planned Etrian Odyssey V guild in your sig.

I'm going to run into Sun/Moon without a real plan for my team, though. I'll grab what I like as I go along and see how it works. I'm certainly getting a Type: Null as soon as I'm able, though.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
How's it going guys? I've recently stumbled upon a video mod of SSB4 Corrin and I wanted to see what you guys think of it?

This modder replace male Corrin's voice with another character (pretty cool from the game he's from btw) that Cam Clarke voiced. I thought it was well done and while I don't really think that type of tone would fit Corrin, I gotta say I personally prefer that voice.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
How's it going guys? I've recently stumbled upon a video mod of SSB4 Corrin and I wanted to see what you guys think of it?

This modder replace male Corrin's voice with another character (pretty cool from the game he's from btw) that Cam Clarke voiced. I thought it was well done and while I don't really think that type of tone would fit Corrin, I gotta say I personally prefer that voice.
It definitely sounds more pleasing than Corrin's voice, but it also feels awkward hearing that deeper tone from him. I guess it's because I've become very accustomed to hearing Corrin's default voice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some very good news for all the Fates fans here!

Someone finally uploaded two one of the Fire Emblem Fates Drama CDs. More specifically, we now have transcripts for both of the Birthright Drama CDs the first two tracks of the first Birthright Drama CD, which focus on Takumi during the events of Corrin's return to Hoshido around Chapter 4. It mainly provides context as to why Takumi acted the way he did in Chapter 5.

Here are the links to the two tracks from Birthright Drama CD 1:
The transcripts for both Drama CDs were also uploaded to Serenes Forest by the same user.

I should probably post my thoughts on these two tracks:

Track 1:

I like how Takumi narrates Corrin's return to Hoshido. He gives us some pretty good insight of what he thought at the time. He mentions that he had a hard time remembering Corrin, and the reason is understandable. Considering Corrin was kidnapped at a young age, Takumi was probably very young at the time, so he would only know about Corrin well if Ryoma or Hinoka told him about it. We also see that Takumi acknowledges the truth about Corrin's relationship with Mikoto, a nice touch if you ask me.

And it's nice to see have more Takumi, Oboro, and Hinata interactions. Man I love them as a trio!

It turns out Takumi was initially going to be warm to Corrin; Oboro and Hinata helped him warm up to the idea at first, but the second drama CD talks about the change.

Track 2:

Mikoto and Takumi's conversation was great. Takumi reiterates a very good point as to why he is not super-elated to see his brother compared to the other siblings: "We didn't grow up together." He also has a very human reaction upon learning that Ryoma and Corrin went to exterminate the Faceless without him.

And that conversation between Saizo and Takumi was really good. We learn the reason only Ryoma and Corrin went to kill the Faceless was because Ryoma decided a small elite group would suffice, hence why Takumi, Saizo, and Kagero were left behind. Saizo suggests the reason why Ryoma left Takumi behind was because Ryoma didn't want to expose Takumi to unnecessary danger. Takumi bitterly laughs, knowing that it's a pretty silly reason.

The uploader noted that Yuki Kaji, Takumi's Japanese VA, nailed it with the bitter laugh, and Takumi's bitterness in general. Not surprised. Yuki Kaji is a damn good voice actor, and I remember how well he voiced Eren in Attack on Titan, another character who displayed bitterness pretty often.

Getting back to the subject, Takumi knows Saizo is saying that just to comfort him. He also knows Saizo was listening on his conversation with Mikoto, so he asks him why. Saizo explains that he is suspicious about Corrin, and he listened in on the conversation because he wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Saizo then expands on why he thinks Corrin is suspicious once the two are in a private location. This is worth copy and pasting the conversation word from word, because it was the biggest highlight of the two CDs.

Saizo: I recently came across Corrin at the Bottomless Canyon. He was with a man named Hans, and attacked us. When I moved in with my soldiers, the Nohrian royalty appeared. He addressed them as his siblings. Thinking he was one of them, I attacked, and the Nohrian royalty protected him.

Takumi: Is that true?

Saizo: Yes. I don't think it was an act, nor that it was an illusion. He aided the Nohrian royalty, killed Hoshidan soldiers... If he was truly Nohr's prisoner, why was he so close with their royalty?

Takumi: Indeed.

Saizo: I decided that there is no way I can trust that guy.

Takumi: No, it's not just you. After hearing your story, I think so as well.

^Ladies and gentleman, this conversation right here is why Takumi acted the way he did in Birthright Chapter 5, and it was all thanks to Saizo.

But this conversation made me like Saizo even more than I previously did. It perfectly links back to his C-support with Corrin. Saizo is one of the few characters in Fates that doesn't kiss Corrin's feet from the get go, and when Corrin asks Saizo if the reason he's spying on him was because Ryoma told him to, Saizo responds, "This has nothing to do with Lord Ryoma. I'm doing it on my own initiative."

Indeed, Ryoma was happy and trusted Corrin the moment he came back to Hoshido, but Saizo wasn't. He noticed how Corrin was part of the small Nohrian force that attacked the fort at the Bottomless Canyon, and he noticed how close Corrin was to his Nohrian siblings. He even states this bold point: "If he was truly Nohr's prisoner, why was he so close with their royalty?"

These are perfectly legit reasons to distrust Corrin from the get-go; after hearing it, Takumi's actions toward Corrin in Chapter 5 are perfectly justified.

Ryoma didn't seem to be aware about what happened at the Bottomless Canyon then, so that's why he was happy about Corrin's return rather than be suspicious. Saizo didn't want to tell him the news right away because he didn't "want to disturb Lord Ryoma and Queen Mikoto's happiness." Obviously, it's clear that Saizo cares about Ryoma so much that he doesn't want to hurt his feelings, yet it also makes you wonder what would've happened if Saizo told many people about that right away. Still, Saizo's actions and suspicions are some of the main reasons why he's my favorite of the three ninjas character-wise. The two CDs also made me appreciate Takumi even more than I previously did.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to make a correction about the Drama CD news I posted yesterday:

It turns out those two dialogues included in the links are actually part of the first Birthright Drama CD, specifically the first two tracks. The transcripts for the second Birthright CD is yet to be uploaded. However, it seems like the user who posted the transcripts for the tracks will be uploading each track from the Birthright CDs on a daily basis. There are 8 tracks in each CD, so we'll probably see transcripts for the 2nd disc of the Birthright Drama CDs by the end of the week.

The third track for the 1st Birthright Drama CD has just been uploaded. You can read it in these two links below, both from the same user:
I don't have much to say about the third track compared to the first two. The third track is mainly a summary of the Chapter 4 Battle and its aftermath, followed with Kaze talking about how grateful he is that Corrin spared him in Nohr.

Looking forward to the 4th track that will probably be uploaded tomorrow!

Last edited:

Astellius

Smash Ace

I don't know if the voice really fits, although it's certainly an improvement. More importantly, the first 25 seconds of that video were hilarious!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So the Sun&Moon demo released in Japan and the final Starter evolutions leaked.
CvB1qqJXYAEhOGx.png
I'll post my thoughts later but i will say Litten's is the worst of the three IMO.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I usually try to avoid spoilers, but I'll make an exception for the starters.
Litten looks a lot better than in the concept art leak. There's still a really good chance its a fire/dark to, especially since being a fire/fighting would make it weak to Rowlet's flying.

Poplio is my least favorite, but her final evo is a lot better than the base stages, which are honestly kind of ugly.

Rowlet's evo is something I like the concept of better than the actual evo. Still, there's a good chance that'll be the one I pick.

Overall, I feel like these designs are actually pretty strong. That's good, because I as kind of disappointed by X/Y's.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Rowlett's IMO, has the best final evolution. I love its archer aesthetic. Litten's just sucks. There's a chance that it'll end up Fire/Dark but because its based on a wrestler, its probably Fire/Fighting. Popplio's final evolution is beautiful. I can see it being Water/Fairy. Also, it seems appropriate that i nickname my Popplio "Azura".
Me and my friend seem to be the only one who noticed this.

Top Bottom