• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Welcome back!

From what I've heard, the best unit that comes to mind as a reclassed Sniper is Mozu. The archer class is her secondary class, and she has the potential to surpass Takumi thanks to her great stat growths and Aptitude. The only issue with using Mozu as a Sniper is that it will take some time for her to reach OP levels because of her default class where she starts with low stats and has to work her way up, so she will start rather weak for an Archer, but once she's promoted, she'll do a decent job. Admittedly, I haven't used Mozu as a Sniper (I prefer using her as a Dread Fighter), but Sniper is the class most people generally recommend for Mozu.

Kiragi, Takumi's son, also makes a really good Sniper depending on who his mother is. His mother was Oboro in both my Birthright and Revelation playthroughs, and she passes down some really good growth rates for all his stats in addition to some strong max stat modifiers for his strength and skill stats; he can even inherit the Rend Heaven skill from her mother, which can add even more damage to his attacks for more guaranteed kills. Kagero, Hana, and Azura also make good Kiragi mothers. Kagero provides a strong max stat modifier for his strength stat and gives high growth rates for strength and peed, while Hana and Azura give nice max stat modifiers all around with and provide solid strength and speed growth rates once again (the Strength growth rate is a tad bit lower than Kagero's though, but it's still pretty good). Kiragi can also inherit Lethality from Kagero and Astra from Hana, and both are some other nice skills to have if you're looking to give Kiragi even more opportunities to kill.

I've found Setsuna to be a pretty solid archer. While Takumi has the Fujin Yumi that already makes him killing machine on the battlefield, Setsuna's main advantage over him is that she has better speed, allowing her to double practically every time. She also handles Magic units better than Takumi does with her higher resistance stat, but she is weaker to Strength-emphasized units in exchange. I know you're not interested in grinding her up, but I thought I'd share that information about her just in case you ever decide to use her more often in a future playthrough.
Thanks! This really helps.

I'm not a very good strategic shipper (I don't think too hard about who I ship with who), so Kiragi won't be all that special. Don't ask who I shipped Takumi with. Just don't. :p
I've already invested quite a bit into Mozu, and while she's still at a slightly lower level than the rest of my units, she'll be far easier to pick back up than Setsuna.

Thanks again for your help. :grin:

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I stumbled upon a Fire Emblem Fates Character Sorter on Tumblr. It's a questionnaire simulator that lets you pick between two characters over and over, then determines what are your favorite characters in the game.

The completed result should look something like this (only showing off the first ten since it'd be too large to show the full thing):

For those that are wondering: yes, those are my top 10 characters from the sorter. The sorter was actually spot on with my 10 favorite Fates characters! Only thing off is the ordering here and there.

What top 10 results did you all get? You don't have to post a picture like I did. You can just list them.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Since I didn't know the names they were using for that, I hat to google the regional localizations. From 10 up we have:

10. Nina
10. Midori
10. Effie
10. Percy
10. Saizo
5. Hinata
4. Scarlet
3. Setsuna
2. Arthur
1. Asugi

All in all, it got the top 4 right at least. It's not tooooo far off for the rest. My actual top 10 would look something like

1. Asugi
2. Setsuna
3. Arthur
4. Scarlet
5. Nina
6. Azama
7. Odin
8. Hinata
9. Percy
10. Saizo

So hey, 8/10 ain't bad

Nah

Smash Champion
I think it didn't know what to do with me, I got a 3-way #1 tie, then it jumps to a bunch of #4s, and then the next placings is #16s lol

I'm not even sure what a few of those are even doing there

There's an Awakening one too, that one went a little better:

I have no idea what Tharja's doing up there tho, I never really cared for her

Last edited:

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm surprised how accurate this actually is, at least for me.

Here's for Fates:

Felicia best waifu, and looking at the second and third place I'm wondering how cool would it be a support conversation between Azama and Niles...

And here's for Awakening:

My only complain here is for Tharja's position, I think it is a bit too high.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tharja, Lucina, Sumia, and Lissa are the only worthy waifus for me

Severa is beyond that level

Fates...more problems from that one

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
There are a bit of ties here but here's what I got.
1. Odin
1. Benny
1. Asugi
1. Percy
5. Arthur
5. Anna
5. Scarlet
5. Midori
5. Caeldori
10. Xander

Seems pretty accurate to me.

But I guess here's the rest of the some of them.
2016-06-14.png
I think that I would put Oboro a little higher but that other than that it seems accurate.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I did the Awakening character sorter, and this is what I got:

Once again, pretty accurate for the most part. I'd put Cherche and Gregor a lot higher though (Gregor at 11th, Cherche at 12th). Virion should be in the top 10, while Laurent should be a bit lower (probably around 13-15 range). I'm surprised Stahl managed to score that high, though he'd probably be in the 21-25 range for me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 11.47.08 AM.png

Pretty accurate, though I would put Silas underneath Odin and above Kaze.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Here's mine. My top ten it gave me are:
1. Setsuna
2. Kaze
3. Felicia
4. Selkie
5. Velouria
6. Asugi
7. Caeldori
8. Oboro
9. Sakura
10. Elise

This is pretty accurate right here especially my top three. I would put Elise above Sakura though, but that's alright.

And here's the Awakening ones:
1. Tharja
2. Gaius
3. Sumia
4. Stahl
5. Cynthia
6. Panne
7. Lon'qu
8. Morgan
9. Cordelia
10. Gregor

This is pretty much true there except for Morgan.

Nah

Smash Champion
Ok how does this work? I'm just randomly pressing buttons. I don't know what i'm doing.
Basically you pick between which of the two characters it shows you like better. If you can't decide or don't give a **** about either of them, you hit the Tie button. You keep doing this till it finally generates a list, and you'll notice eventually it'll start showing you the same characters over and over, since it's been narrowing down the pool of who you like.

Does that help?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 6.02.40 PM.png

Here's my top 24 Awakening list. Why top 24? Because I like to go 14 steps beyond everyone else below Nowi are tied for 25th.

D

Deleted member

Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 6.18.36 PM.png

My top 10 in Awakening. I think this is somewhat accurate.
Number 4 is assuming Morgan is female.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
For Fates, here are my top 10. Because there are a lot of ties, i'll place all ties under the same number.

1. Azura
2. Leo, Shigure, Percy and F!Kana
7. Takumi and Laslow
9. Odin, Asugi, Mozu, Elise and Opheila
14. Xander

For Awakening
1. Nowi, Olivia and Cherche
4. Owain, Inigo and Morgan
7. Lucina
8. Severa and Gerome
10. Priam

I'd say both lists are pretty accurate. Only changes i would make is have Xander and Asugi switch places and have Nah tie for fourth with Owain, Inigo and Morgan.

Oh and as expected, Tharja ended up at the very bottom of the Awakening list. Didn't get to check who ended up at the very bottom of the Fates list but i imagine it was likely Peri.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
After multiple resets, game overs, and things like losing Shigure to a 1% critical, I have finally beat Conquest Hard Classic. It felt grand. Then I tried playing Lunatic, botched chapter 4 because of hit rates, and decided I would take a break from the game for today.

I think it's getting to me. When I checked the weather this morning I saw the precipitation stats and instinctively flinched.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I tried playing Awakening on Lunatic/Classic twice and on both of those attempts, I couldn't get past Chapter 2. I gave up on that **** and just resorted to Hard/Classic.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Surprised no one's talking about E3 here. I was sure there would be at least one mention of Breath of the Wild here.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I tried to play awakening Lunatic...
My avatar got critted by the mage
Tried again
The mage critted Fred
tried again
The mage kills chrom
Tried again
I killed the mage but i died to a myrmi
Tried again
Fred killed most of enemies and paralogue cleared
Chapter 1 i see that a fighter had a hammer
I cried
Chrom dual guarded frederick and my avatar get the last hit on the boss
Chapter 2 give frederick the bronze sword
Everyone died
Tried 5 times
Completed chapter 2
See chapter 3 turned off the game and started crying

Astellius

Smash Ace
Hiya everyone, what's new? I disappeared to play some other games, non-Fire Emblem, non-Smash related. I played Shovel Knight (which is a lot of fun, definitely channels the best of old-school games), Bravely Default (first half is great, second half is utterly reprehensible), Stella Glow (lot of fun, although the gameplay part of it is pretty lackluster), and Senran Kagura (er, what to say about this game? It has a, well, infamous gimmick--i.e., omnipresent titillation--combined both with really fun gameplay and a decent character-driven story). Anyone have any thoughts on any of those games?

In any case, I also played the second DLC wave the other day--how do you all think it turned out? I was honestly a little disappointed, as I thought it was both pretty weak in terms of story and in terms of presenting a new, interesting challenge. Does anyone have any news on when the third wave is coming out stateside?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Haven't even finished Bravely Default to this day and the sequel looks like a great game but I just can't get myself to go back and finish it. Maybe once I get caught up on other games I need to finish, I might be able to play it again. I have considered getting Shovel Knight for some time only cuz I'm a sucker for platformer games. I still am though but, as I said, I need to finish other games first.

The Heirs of Fate DLC story was pretty interesting for me, to say the least. Not the best I've seen but it's certainly not the worst either. Of course, it took me like 10 tries to finish the last chapter without losing any of my units and I remember how frustrated I got every time I had to restart. The ending did had a nice touching feeling though.

And is there really gonna be a third wave?

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Haven't even finished Bravely Default to this day and the sequel looks like a great game but I just can't get myself to go back and finish it. Maybe once I get caught up on other games I need to finish, I might be able to play it again. I have considered getting Shovel Knight for some time only cuz I'm a sucker for platformer games. I still am though but, as I said, I need to finish other games first.

The Heirs of Fate DLC story was pretty interesting for me, to say the least. Not the best I've seen but it's certainly not the worst either. Of course, it took me like 10 tries to finish the last chapter without losing any of my units and I remember how frustrated I got every time I had to restart. The ending did had a nice touching feeling though.

And is there really gonna be a third wave?
Yeah there is a third wave of DLC. It's the Hoshidan and Nohrian Festivals of Bonds.

Hiya everyone, what's new? I disappeared to play some other games, non-Fire Emblem, non-Smash related. I played Shovel Knight (which is a lot of fun, definitely channels the best of old-school games), Bravely Default (first half is great, second half is utterly reprehensible), Stella Glow (lot of fun, although the gameplay part of it is pretty lackluster), and Senran Kagura (er, what to say about this game? It has a, well, infamous gimmick--i.e., omnipresent titillation--combined both with really fun gameplay and a decent character-driven story). Anyone have any thoughts on any of those games?

In any case, I also played the second DLC wave the other day--how do you all think it turned out? I was honestly a little disappointed, as I thought it was both pretty weak in terms of story and in terms of presenting a new, interesting challenge. Does anyone have any news on when the third wave is coming out stateside?
Well I don't have the game yet, but I did see all of the Heirs of Fate DLC. To be honest, I'm not mind-blown, I mean I liked it. The story was intriguing and I liked the fact that you could have the two Kanas. What I didn't like was the difficulty, and how every unit you had, like the parent units, were Vallites. It didn't make sense to me for some reason.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Haven't even finished Bravely Default to this day and the sequel looks like a great game but I just can't get myself to go back and finish it.
Yeah, I didn't play Bravely Default to the end, I just didn't have any motivation to finish it. I had dropped it for a bit when I reached Ch. 5.
The whole re-fight every boss thing and awaken all of the crystals again was pretty dumb, and I thought, well, I'll take a break before going on, because that's pretty boring. But I slogged through it, only to discover
was the same thing again. I then looked online and found what the rest of the game was going to be like, and then said, "Unacceptable," and dropped it.

As for the Heirs of Fate, I didn't think the story was bad, it just wasn't anything that I thought was worth going out of the way to get. In comparison, Hidden Truths was, in my opinion, much more interesting, and, for Awakening, the Future Past ones were great.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Surprised no one's talking about E3 here. I was sure there would be at least one mention of Breath of the Wild here.
Breath of the Wild looks amazing, no doubt. Judging by this female voice in the background on the trailer, it would suggest voice acting will finally be implemented in a Zelda game.

Nah

Smash Champion
Yeah, I didn't play Bravely Default to the end, I just didn't have any motivation to finish it. I had dropped it for a bit when I reached Ch. 5.
The whole re-fight every boss thing and awaken all of the crystals again was pretty dumb, and I thought, well, I'll take a break before going on, because that's pretty boring. But I slogged through it, only to discover
was the same thing again. I then looked online and found what the rest of the game was going to be like, and then said, "Unacceptable," and dropped it.
Yeah I kind of just rushed through the latter half of Bravely Default once I learned how the rest of the game was gonna go, grinding when I needed to (since Bravely Default is above average at grinding). Worse still is that primary story points come in painfully slow, but chances are you'll figure out the whole of wtf's going on before you get to the final chapter, but the party is so slow to figure it and are all just like "hey maybe it'll work this time", even after
Ringabel finally regains all his memories and remembers that Airy turns into a monster and attacks the Tiz/Agnes/Edea of his world.
. You can redo the asterisk boss battles to get some more backstory on those characters, but the boss fights are a bit of a hassle and not worth it imo.

Really killed any desire to replay the game or get the sequel.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice

As for the Heirs of Fate, I didn't think the story was bad, it just wasn't anything that I thought was worth going out of the way to get. In comparison, Hidden Truths was, in my opinion, much more interesting, and, for Awakening, the Future Past ones were great.
Astellius, Do you prefer Fates or Awakening ?

Ok, I know that this isn't Fire Emblem related, but if you guys can talk about Zelda, then I can bring up Mario Party Star Rush. What do you guys think of it?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Mario Party Star Rush is a piece of **** and I don't really care about it. In fact, the Mario Party series has pretty much gone downhill for me since Mario Party 8. No longer has that same replay value that older games like Mario Party 2 had.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Mario Party Star Rush is a piece of **** and I don't really care about it. In fact, the Mario Party series has pretty much gone downhill for me since Mario Party 8. No longer has that same replay value that older games like Mario Party 2 had.
True. Island Tour is good. I have it so i should know. But it's not Mario Party in a sense. The DS version of Mario Party is amazing. But I like the look of Star Rush.

Nah

Smash Champion
while FE is what's talked about like 90% of the time in here it's still a social thread, so basically anything is alright for a conversation topic

What the hell is Mario Party Star Rush though? Don't they just do numbered titles for Mario Party games?

D

Deleted member

The series went on a bit of a decline, but I stopped caring after 9. I didn't mind the car gameplay that much, but it wasn't as interesting as the board game in previous installments.

What the hell is Mario Party Star Rush though? Don't they just do numbered titles for Mario Party games?
The box art is lazy too.

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Okay guys. I'm not gonna be on for a week because of my birthday. I'll be able to quickly check and like, but can't reply or make posts here. Since I'm getting Fates in 3 days, I would like to add some of your My Castles. Can you leave the code for it?

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Okay guys. I'm not gonna be on for a week because of my birthday. I'll be able to quickly check and like, but can't reply or make posts here. Since I'm getting Fates in 3 days, I would like to add some of your My Castles. Can you leave the code for it?
Dunno If you're in my region, but here's my code anyways. I haven't finished Conquest yet, so most of my shops and stuff are still silver rank. But I do have a couple nice skills on choice characters if you want

07871-19354-38162-86986

On an unrelated note, The Nintendo themed Vans have finally arrived in Canada. I picked up a sweet pair of these Donkey Kong kicks

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Dunno If you're in my region, but here's my code anyways. I haven't finished Conquest yet, so most of my shops and stuff are still silver rank. But I do have a couple nice skills on choice characters if you want

07871-19354-38162-86986

On an unrelated note, The Nintendo themed Vans have finally arrived in Canada. I picked up a sweet pair of these Donkey Kong kicks
Sweet kicks bro. And thanks for the code

Astellius

Smash Ace
Astellius, Do you prefer Fates or Awakening ?
Overall, I prefer Fates. The gameplay is better, and it's a much more interesting strategy game. There's also a ton more stuff to do. I did, however, think that Awakening had a better story, pulling in some really great poetic high points that Fates didn't match. Fates, however, has a more involved and complex story. The gameplay is much improved, as it hinges much more on strategy rather than brute force and some broken mechanics that Awakening had (most of Awakening's maps were wide open fields, so it was often pretty easy to just wait until the enemy came into range and then overwhelm them). So, basically, Fates improved most aspects of Awakening while still holding strong in all other areas.

Also, as a side note, in Fates, your characters have feet. That's definitely preferable. They may not all have shoes, but they at least all have feet.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, I was curious what everyone thought of Nintendo's newest IP that was introduced at E3.

Personally I think it looks pretty good, but I'm also a big fan of action RPG type games, so perhaps some slight bias on my part. But the idea of building your own oasis village is neat, and the exploration and combat mechanics look pretty solid. Overall I'm excited for it, and I really hope it performs well.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Since nobody has mentioned it yet, I was curious what everyone thought of Nintendo's newest IP that was introduced at E3.

Personally I think it looks pretty good, but I'm also a big fan of action RPG type games, so perhaps some slight bias on my part. But the idea of building your own oasis village is neat, and the exploration and combat mechanics look pretty solid. Overall I'm excited for it, and I really hope it performs well.
I'll have to look more into it as more info comes out, but it looks a bit like Animal Crossing meets Legend of Zelda. I'm not a huge fan of village sims or resource management games and if I was gonna play a puzzle/dungeon crawler RPG.... I'd just play LoZ. As it is, not too excited about it.

Galm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AnEvilLemon
Code is:
18424-87290
12603-45048
I set up some up some Hoshido skills if you want them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom