• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
Lol that's hilarious. SpongeBob, okay cool.
Btw i got this blue haired pretty boy and I love it lol.

D

Deleted member

Not quite sure who I got as my profile pic since I'm still a bit of a FE newbie (my first was Awakening), but eh, it could've been worse. This year's April Fools is pretty hilarious, though; it's somehow even better than last year's Shaq Boards.

Anyways, I got a question for some of the Fates players here!

OK, so I'm currently on Chapter 10 of my first playthrough of Birthright (such a good game!) and I'm a little unsure what to do for my MU's pairing. At first, I was gonna go with Felicia because her supports were fun, she seemed to have some pretty decent skills, and seemed like a pretty good pair-up for MU in battle; however, I'm unsure if pairing her with MU would be a mistake. The reason why I'm starting think it may be a mistake is because MU is a +Str -Lck Ninja, and Felicia seems to have stat growths that favor magic, luck, and resistance. While I do like the idea of passing down the high res growth to Kana, I'm kinda nervous about the low defense and strength growths, and I'm not too sure how that high luck growth will fair because of luck being MU's bane.

Also, while Felicia's skills are quite nice, they kiiiinda seem like they favor the role of an offensive healer (Butler/Maid, Hoshidian Noble, etc.) more than what I was originally planning to do with Kana. I wanted to make Kana a Dreadfighter, as I got the seals from the special edition and I kinda wanted a character to try the class out on, ha ha. I mean, I've heard people say that class changing Felicia into a Dark Flyer is pretty cool, and that would let Kana have access to Gale Force without a bunch of crazy re-classing, but I'm still not all too sure...

In short: Would choosing Felicia be a mistake, or should I just go on ahead with what I was originally planning to do?

EDIT: Fixed some grammar mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well tomorrow I will get to do chapter 10 of Conquest.
What will I need to know going into it?
In addition to the above tips, another one I recommend is changing Felicia into a Strategist with that Heart Seal you should've received after Chapter 9 and give her a Fire tome. She gains better mobility which is useful to reach certain enemies quicker and makes better use of Freeze staves (not to mention she already has a much higher Magic stat than Strength, so changing her to a Strategist is for the best). I remember using Felicia to take out the first two Archers so that they wouldn't reach the launcher, and after taking them out, I had her move to the center and use Freeze on the first Pegasus Knight that tried to get close.

I also wouldn't recommend going for Takumi at all, even though you might feel encouraged to do so because he dries up the water after Turn 6 to allow his units to reach the central area faster; it's very easy to get overwhelmed by enemy units if you try to rush toward him. The same applies with Hinata and Oboro. I know that on Hard difficulty, as long as you stay out of their zone, Hinata and Oboro won't move until turn 9. Long story short, It's better to play defensively in this chapter.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Not quite sure who I got as my profile pic since I'm still a bit of a FE newbie (my first was Awakening), but eh, it could've been worse. This year's April Fools is pretty hilarious, though; it's somehow even better than last year's Shaq Boards.

Anyways, I got a question for some of the Fates players here!

OK, so I'm currently on Chapter 10 of my first playthrough of Birthright (such a good game!) and I'm a little unsure what to do for my MU's pairing. At first, I was gonna go with Felicia because her supports were fun, she seemed to have some pretty decent skills, and seemed like a pretty good pair-up for MU in battle; however, I'm unsure if pairing her with MU would be a mistake. The reason why I'm starting think it may be a mistake is because MU is a +Str -Lck Ninja, and Felicia seems to have stat growths that favor magic, luck, and resistance. While I do like the idea of passing down the high res growth to Kana, I'm kinda nervous about the low defense and strength growths, and I'm not too sure how that high luck growth will fair because of luck being MU's bane.

Also, while Felicia's skills are quite nice, they kiiiinda seem like they favor the role of an offensive healer (Butler/Maid, Hoshidian Noble, etc.) more than what I was originally planning to do with Kana. I wanted to make Kana a Dreadfighter, as I got the seals from the special edition and I kinda wanted a character to try the class out on, ha ha. I mean, I've heard people say that class changing Felicia into a Dark Flyer is pretty cool, and that would let Kana have access to Gale Force without a bunch of crazy re-classing, but I'm still not all too sure...

In short: Would choosing Felicia be a mistake, or should I just go on ahead with what I was originally planning to do?

EDIT: Fixed some grammar mistakes.
If you're playing on Normal/Casual, you probably don't really need to worry about unit optimization too much.

Note children characters only inherit one skill from each parent - the last one equipped. You can control which skill they inherit by equipping and re-equipping it before playing their paralouge. And Galeforce isn't nearly as good as it was in Awakening, so it's not something you need to go out of your way for.

D

Deleted member

If you're playing on Normal/Casual, you probably don't really need to worry about unit optimization too much.

Note children characters only inherit one skill from each parent - the last one equipped. You can control which skill they inherit by equipping and re-equipping it before playing their paralouge. And Galeforce isn't nearly as good as it was in Awakening, so it's not something you need to go out of your way for.
While I do play Casual, I decided to play Fates on Hard because I thought it would be fun to try something a little more challenging than what I'm used to. Awakening's Normal can be broken quite easily with the EXPonential Growth and Golden Gaffe DLC, and while I still had fun playing it that way, I thought it'd be fun to try something new.

Thanks for the heads up about the skills, I had forgotten that that's how the work.
Galeforce isn't that great anymore, huh? That's a shame; there was a lot of fun things you could do with it in Awakening to just outright destroy enemy armies. :p

Some other ideas I had were maybe pairing up MU with Hinoka, Hana, or Oboro, but Setsuna seems to have some decent stats to pass down as well. I've also heard a lot of people say Azura is the best way to go.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Traps, eh?
You know, I found all the gender confusion the characters had with Libra in Awakening really bizarre when this character is a thing.
Well, I'll admit I was confused about Libra at first, but only because of his voice acting. Seriously. That was weird.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Man that was probably the funnest April Fools joke I've ever experienced
I know, right? I was a scarred green-haired guy from an FE I've never played! =D

Messing around aside, agreed. I would've been 99.99% okay with it being permanent.

ikutocorrin

Smash Cadet
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada
NNID
eikuto
Woot! Finally found some hope in conquering Chapter 10 of Fates: Conquest. Problem I had was not having enough Allies Stationed to protect the Green Zone from all the enemies. Usually had to pair Corrin up with Camilla just to keep her safe, which reduced my quantity of turns (per character). Decided to transform Corrin into her Dragon Form and with the right strategy, I should be able to finally put this Chapter under my belt! :3

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, that was perhaps the best April Fools Day joke ever.

All I can say is this: Thank you, Sakurai, for adding "too many Fire Emblem characters" in Smash.

D

Deleted member

That was the best April Fools joke ever. Way better than Shaqboards in my opinion. The best parts were seeing people react to it and asking who the heck they were. :laugh:

I just wish the Fire Emblem border for our names was an option... that would be nice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, that was perhaps the best April Fools Day joke ever.

All I can say is this: Thank you, Sakurai, for adding "too many Fire Emblem characters" in Smash.
Less evil than the one Team Four Star did

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
RIP EmblemBoards. 2016 - 2016.

Why must all good things end? Oh well, at least I can main Pokemon again.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
RIP EmblemBoards. 2016 - 2016.

Why must all good things end? Oh well, at least I can main Pokemon again.
Won't be missed...cause the borders shall atleast return

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Found this on Miiverse. What's wrong with this picture?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Oh god, that's Forrest isn't it? I think he went a bit too far this time with wearing women's clothing
Ding ding ding! You got it right. That's Forrest as a Witch which is a female-only class. Also this is a double hack because it was from an American castle and the Witch DLC doesn't come out until the 21st.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Found this on Miiverse. What's wrong with this picture?
Back on SerenesForest, I've seen some scary hacked screenshots. Vanguard Midori, male oni-savage Sakura, Odin with Camilla's body(in Charlotte's victory pose), and even Faceless Selena.

Believe me, that's tame. The internet is a really scary place.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
*Sigh* I hate conquest lunatic so much, Keaton was a full health then Oboro comes in and Activates Luna twice in a row.
What am I even doing with my life anymore?
How does she even get Luna in the first place? That's a skill only obtainable by Great Knights, which are NOHRIAN class, and she hates Nohr so... yeah. She has counter too.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
How does she even get Luna in the first place? That's a skill only obtainable by Great Knights, which are NOHRIAN class, and she hates Nohr so... yeah. She has counter too.
Lunatic's sole purpose in life is to make you suffer, so it doesn't care if characters have skills they shouldn't have and if they use them twice in a row

btw, was wondering how you guys have been getting good screenshots of stuff that happens in your games?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
*Sigh* I hate conquest lunatic so much, Keaton was a full health then Oboro comes in and Activates Luna twice in a row.
The struggle is real.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
That's Lunatic for ya. Lunatic enemies cheat. I can only imagine how Conquest endgame will be like on Lunatic. But hey, at least there's no Lunatic+ in this game. Just imagine. Every enemy would have Counter, Magic Counter, Rend Heaven+, Pavise+, and Aegis+.

btw, was wondering how you guys have been getting good screenshots of stuff that happens in your games?
We laucnh Miiverse while using the game, save the screenshot, then go on our computer/laptop and launch the web version of Miiverse, go to the screenshot, copy the address and then we post it here.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I can only imagine how Conquest endgame will be like on Lunatic.
I've heard Horror stories about it. I've heard that the maids on that map have staff savant (Skill that makes it so you can't expend uses on staves) and Hexing Rods(cuts your HP in half for the rest of the battle, tldr; makes it so that unit is completely and utterly worthless for the rest of the battle). And Enfeeble stacking debuffs.

D

Deleted member

I pretty much avoid Lunatic mode. I don't think I'm good enough at the game to even attempt it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I've heard Horror stories about it. I've heard that the maids on that map have staff savant (Skill that makes it so you can't expend uses on staves) and Hexing Rods(cuts your HP in half for the rest of the battle, tldr; makes it so that unit is completely and utterly worthless for the rest of the battle). And Enfeeble stacking debuffs.
RIIIIIIIP!

Top Bottom