• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I have failed Birthright Chapter 11 for the last time. Normal difficulty here I come. As always, Takumi is to blame (he died).

I could probably beat it now that I know moving to the center of the map triggers all of the previously stationary units (commander included) to rush you, since that was what ultimately got me killed. But between the random crits and having a small heart attack every time I have to deal with a Kinshi or Malig Knight, I think I'm happy to call my Hard run quits here. It was fun while it lasted.
Wow, is really that difficult the game on hard mode?
I was planning to play both Conquest and Birthright on hard mode on my firsts playthroughs but looks like a lot of people have problems with the difficult of certain chapters.
I'm probably playing hard mode anyway but now I'm scared...

And remember: "YOU WON'T SURRENDER" :4corrin:

Oboro is such a beast holy ****.
Guard Naginata on a defensive unit with Seal Defense OP, plz nurf
#BetterNerfOboro

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Remember when i said Conquest Ch.10 was hard? That chapter is a cakewalk compared to Conquest Ch.12. I was so close to beating it. I positioned Kaze behind a wall so that he'd be safe. An apothecary hits Kaze from behind the wall and the two switch places because of Lunge. Then Kaze gets killed by the other two apothecaries. I HATE LUNGE! Lunge isn't even available to the apothecary line. Its a wyvern-exclusive skill.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Remember when i said Conquest Ch.10 was hard? That chapter is a cakewalk compared to Conquest Ch.12. I was so close to beating it. I positioned Kaze behind a wall so that he'd be safe. An apothecary hits Kaze from behind the wall and the two switch places because of Lunge. Then Kaze gets killed by the other two apothecaries. I HATE LUNGE! Lunge isn't even available to the apothecary line. Its a wyvern-exclusive skill.
What does lunge do exactly?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Is this in hard mode? All I remember about the nightmares people said about Lunatic mode in Awakening is that everyone has Counter and most of them aren't Warriors.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
A
Apothecary?

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
What does lunge do exactly?
A

Apothecary?
The answer to both of your questions

Is this in hard mode? All I remember about the nightmares people said about Lunatic mode in Awakening is that everyone has Counter and most of them aren't Warriors.
Yeah its on Hard mode. But the difference here is that Counter was easy to avoid. All you had to do was attack from a distance. But its not so easy to avoid Lunge. Even if the attack misses, the effect still takes place. Lunge's biggest threat is that it makes hiding behind walls useless. And the enemy loves to spam it. In Ch.11, in the Ninja room, if your at the bottom-left area of the room, the Ninja's will use Lunge to make your unit move right next to Kaze and by the time you get there, Kaze can one-shot you. Since Shurikens don't deal much, Camilla just tanked the whole thing. But Ch.12 is a different story.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
*sees I'm on chap 11*
great

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yeah its on Hard mode. But the difference here is that Counter was easy to avoid. All you had to do was attack from a distance. But its not so easy to avoid Lunge. Even if the attack misses, the effect still takes place. Lunge's biggest threat is that it makes hiding behind walls useless. And the enemy loves to spam it. In Ch.11, in the Ninja room, if your at the bottom-left area of the room, the Ninja's will use Lunge to make your unit move right next to Kaze and by the time you get there, Kaze can one-shot you. Since Shurikens don't deal much, Camilla just tanked the whole thing. But Ch.12 is a different story.
Well, the other difference is that Counter was in the early chapters of Awakening when you only had Robin and Virion as ranged units.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Well, this skill REALLY should be of ninja class
Looks like apothecary is the merchant class, high damage with bows

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys, it happened

No, i didn't beat Ch.12 but DLC allows you to grind supports.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I married Camilla with my male avi because Oboro ain't a conquest charatcer. I am replaying it with a make btw

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I married Camilla with my male avi because Oboro ain't a conquest charatcer. I am replaying it with a make btw
Congratz, but don't be too far from her... or else both of you will pay the price.

Seriously Fates has too much yanderes, needs more tsun tsun:drflip:

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm hesitant to do this. On one side, i'm curious to see what happens but on the other hand, i'll most likely get embarrassed. Should i or should i not? In the meantime, i'll go recruit Shigure.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I'm hesitant to do this. On one side, i'm curious to see what happens but on the other hand, i'll most likely get embarrassed. Should i or should i not? In the meantime, i'll go recruit Shigure.
You should invite a ally to make her jealous (just kidding, but is kinda strange you call another woman to your room and have a conversation that she blushes when your wife is watching)

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Maybe it's just me but I feel like they did Birthright and Conquest because the next Fire Emblem will be like Conquest and they made Birthright to ease newcomers in what Fire Emblem is returning to.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm searching for objective Fire Emblem Fates's opinions. That could change how long I wait for actually buy the game.

And of course... If I have to choice between the both routes... Which you personally prefer?.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'm searching for objective Fire Emblem Fates's opinions. That could change how long I wait for actually buy the game.

And of course... If I have to choice between the both routes... Which you personally prefer?.
I've only played Birthright. It's fun, but it's a bit too easy.

I hear Conquest is really hard. lol

Why does Peri sound like Tommy Pickles?

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Alright, a little behind the rest of the crowd. Getting the max reward on Chp. 8 Conquest was surprisingly difficult, but far from impossible. Really liked that snow level and the music. Though I have to say, when I saw Odin and Niles, I was really interested considering how much I kept hearing about them(Odin I already technically knew).

When Odin announced himself as "Odin Dark", I face palmed irl. I should have seen that coming a mile away. Dark mage, constant theatrics. Looks like that might finally become his title. Pretty sure if I had recruited my Robin amiibo before that point, he would have face palmed as well. Also Odin's signature skill is quite likely the best skill in FE history.

Niles is a rather fun character, plus so far he's arguably my best unit(only competition being my Corrin).
Really like the duality him and Odin have, also really interesting seeing O̶w̶a̶i̶n̶ Odin hanging around with someone like Niles now at all.

Also recruited Mozu, shes likable but haven't seen her too much yet.
(Also the Awakening dlc, those freaking NINJAS)

Just 3 more chapters until I can FINALLY get her...

*Obligatory comics
tumblr_nithocyJxU1ql3mzmo1_500.png
82881daf59292668bb3c774865df5f9c.jpg
75krQjB.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Get it on
Why does Peri sound like Tommy Pickles?

Pit, Rosalina, and Tommy Pickles all in the same game?

O ****ING P

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
How does reclassing work in fates? If I reclass a level 20 cavalier to a knight, do I obtain all the knight's skills immediately or no?

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Well I've been gone for a bit.

Anyone else been playing both routes side by side? I didn't feel like waiting to beat one to start the other, so I started off playing both. Right now I'm at the last chapter on birthright (could go ahead and beat it, but I'm grinding for some skills for PvP and really won't make much of a difference in the main campaign) and am at chapter 17 for Conquest, and will hopefully be done with tomorrow as well.

And I might be saying this with Rose colored glasses, but I think, once I finish playing Revelation after it's release, Fates will be my new favorite game in the series, and maybe ever.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Peri is actully really good, better than Silas because of her personal. I skipped in her in my first run, but I am glad I musing her now. Her paired up with Azura to sing for her is amazing

Nah

Smash Champion
Maybe it's just me but I feel like they did Birthright and Conquest because the next Fire Emblem will be like Conquest and they made Birthright to ease newcomers in what Fire Emblem is returning to.
I thought they were doing it more to gauge which kind of Fire Emblem people like better, since Awakening sort of both saved the franchise but kind of divided it as well, and then decide based off of that how future games will be. Or maybe they just wanted to please both parts of the fanbase.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

From my playtime so far, Fates is turning out to be a great game. I've only played Conquest so far so this post will only cover Conquest. The game's varied victory conditions make you really think about your stratagy. Some chapters may look easy but they are tough *cough* Ch.10 *cough*. Like previous FEs, there's no grinding. However, you can support grind with DLC but that's the only thing the DLC will let you grind. Story wise, i've only gotten as far as Ch.12, but i must say that i really like it so far. I've also heard its better written than fan-translation. The My Castle feature is also useful. It gives you oppertunites to buy weapons and items and increase supports. The Amiibo units are also really well done. They have voice acting and unique animations and portraits. I haven't been able to recruit Ike yet (the Amiibo are tough) but i look forward to when i do. Conquest is hard but its a good type of hard. The type where you feel satisfaction upon beating a chapter.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Wow, is really that difficult the game on hard mode?
I was planning to play both Conquest and Birthright on hard mode on my firsts playthroughs but looks like a lot of people have problems with the difficult of certain chapters.
I'm probably playing hard mode anyway but now I'm scared...
It's probably more that I'm just not that good/patient, lol. 3/4 resets on the chapter I was complaining about were due to tragically bad RNG rather than getting straight up outmaneuvered. I could definitely beat it if I wanted to keep trying, but the thing is that I don't want to burn myself out on Fates before getting through at least Conquest. And since I know Conquest is gonna be pretty tough even on Normal difficulty, I don't need to challenge myself too much while I'm still playing Birthright. That's how I see it, anyways. It's pretty easy now on Normal difficulty but not completely mindless, and I still had to reset once from Camilla punishing a carelessly placed unit.

On another note, has anyone done Birthright Paralogue 14 yet? It took me a hilariously long time to realize that talking to Rhajat was the only way to stop the Faceless from spawning infinitely. I could've kept fighting them forever, because they were doing so little damage to my units, but I would've been so overleveled if I hadn't reset and done the chapter correctly. XD

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm literally the only guy who doesn't give a damn about spoilers...everyone else who did left

Arrei

Smash Lord
Now, I'm aware Birthright is considered the "easy" version, but are the maps actually easier, or is it just called that because you have endless grinding available to you if the levels are too challenging? Things have gotten a bit simpler now that all of my units have been promoted, but prior to that I had been given an awful lot of squishy units, and maps full of enemies with sharp objects to stick in their bellies. The game's still being awfully stingy about HP gains, even with my units promoted. Felicia, Sakura, and Orochi would all die to a stiff breeze if I slip up a little.

Although those maps with the Faceless have been REALLY easy so far... they couldn't even scratch Jakob, Silas, Oboro, and Mozu.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Beat Chapter 12 and 13 of Birthright yesterday:

I felt really bad for Elise in Chapter 12. When you see her with Garon, you can tell she hasn't been the same since you decided to join Hoshido, even Corrin points it out. It's like she's at the theatre to take a break from the events that transpired. You can also see how mad Xander is in this chapter. Silas tries to negotiate with him by justifying Corrin's actions, but Xander shrugs it off and says, "And why should I listen to you, traitor!"

Kind of wish they gave Laslow and Peri some lines in this scene too (they appear with Xander), because the only way they'll interact with you is if you engage with them in combat, but then that means you'll draw in Xander as well... and he's overpowered at this point. Guess I gotta wait for the real Laslow and Peri interaction this route.

And this chapter also had a bit of challenge too. By the time I reached the Dragon's Vein spot, I had to deal with a huge influx of enemies coming in at once (those Great Knights made my heart jump a bit), not to mention the ice actually reduces your movement when you're on it. Also, got to experience Kaden for the first time. Definitely my current favorite unit not counting the royal siblings, the returning Awakening cast, Corrin, or Azura. I love his mischievous personality and design, not to mention he makes a pretty solid unit.

Chapter 13 was a bit easier for me. Most memorable moment was Camilla flying to Takumi and trying to use Ragnarok on him... only to get destroyed by his Fujin Yumi. Takumi, you never fail in impressing me! I guess you could say he's my MVP at the moment.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Chapter 12's a lot easier if you just have a Sky Knight ferry Corrin over to the exit point. I spent my turns working my way to the chest and getting as much EXP as I could then just making a bum rush for the exit once the Great Knights and Xander started getting too close, while having the rest of my army retreat back to the little island they start on to hold them off.

The Escape objectives that only require your Lord to make it there always struck me as odd, really. Literally my entire army was stranded on a small island with Xander's forces bearing down on them. But Corrin made it out, so it's all good.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought they were doing it more to gauge which kind of Fire Emblem people like better, since Awakening sort of both saved the franchise but kind of divided it as well, and then decide based off of that how future games will be. Or maybe they just wanted to please both parts of the fanbase.
I think Conquest is selling better.

Top Bottom