• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Arrei

Smash Lord
Name a castle? Conquest route: Castlevania and Corrin's name as... Dracula. Now all we need is a vampire class... We already have fireballs. :p.
Although ironically, the only way to give "Dracula" a life drain ability other than the totally weaksauce Nosferatu would be to give him Sol...

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
we can't pick colors for Corrin's armor
Maybe that's what the Corrin Amiibo will do. Let's us change the color on Corrin's armor based on the ones from Smash.

Although ironically, the only way to give "Dracula" a life drain ability other than the totally weaksauce Nosferatu would be to give him Sol...
There's the Moonlight tome which is basically non-dark Nosferatu. But it only restores health if you initiate the attack. On the bight side, you can use the tome twice and activate skills and crits, something Nosferatu can't do.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I have a question for everyone who played the game: Is Nosferatu at least decent?
I love dark magic but this is the only dark tome in the game so far and that wasn't really a problem for me since it's one of the coolest spell in the series but then I looked at the stats:

-20 evade, no double attacks, no crits and no special skills? Really?
The only positive thing about this tome is the always present HP drain (it still half the damage dealt or this time is all the damage dealt?) which is obviously really nice but I don't know, on paper this tome looks really underwhelming for me, can someone say that I'm wrong and this spell is at least usable?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I have a question for everyone who played the game: Is Nosferatu at least decent?
I love dark magic but this is the only dark tome in the game so far and that wasn't really a problem for me since it's one of the coolest spell in the series but then I looked at the stats:

The only positive thing about this tome is the always present HP drain (it still half the damage dealt or this time is all the damage dealt?) which is obviously really nice but I don't know, on paper this tome looks really underwhelming for me, can someone say that I'm wrong and this spell is at least usable?
In my expierence, Odin equipped with Nosferatu and paired up with Selena or Effie makes a great Nosfetatu tank. So yes, Nosferatu is decent.

Shog

Smash Ace
Uh.. I have a question about some pictures posted here

I only played Fire Emblem Sacred Stones and the game actually got really good for me ( I am at the point where you can split the story paths, or so it seems)

... from Sacred Stones I got the impression Fire Emblem is mostly a Fantasy Medieval Game.

Than I take a look at the pictures
===> Why is there so much fan-service, what happened?!

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665

I only played Fire Emblem Sacred Stones and the game actually got really good for me ( I am at the point where you can split the story paths, or so it seems)

... from Sacred Stones I got the impression Fire Emblem is mostly a Fantasy Medieval Game.

Awakening was planned to be the last game in the series so they add a lot of things in the game like the marriage system, DLC and so on, but since the game sold really well this terrible fate was luckily evaded but at the cost of having a lot of fan-service back.

Also, great choice of starting the series with Sacred Stones~

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Anybody that wants a really magical old Fire Emblem game should play FE4.

Sacred Stones is REALLY good though. Don't bother with Amelia or Ewan, just use Ross and CRUSH YOUR OPPOSITION!

Arrei

Smash Lord

There's been a bit of fanservice there the whole time, it just wasn't always so front-and-center. FE7's love for high-cut dresses and FE10's Archsage miniskirts, for example.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Don't bother with Amelia? Really?
General isn't a good class like....at all unfortunately. They're incredibly slow (a movement of 5 is really bad for a promoted class and she only has a constitution of 11 which is really poor for wielding strong lances) and their RES is terrible which is really bad when a majority of the end-game units strike hard magically. They don't really get a solid crit bonus so they never really find a use even in that niche for me which is unlike Ross who in most of my runs can run toe to toe with Lyon despite a mediocre RES stat because of absurd RNG and the power of GBA Berserkers.

She's not bad but she's never turned out worth it for me especially when compared to the other trainees (of which Ewan is just....meh and Ross is absurdly broken). Her growths just....don't really impress me.

She's decent on a horse though, those classes are generally what I use when I do decide to put forth the effort to train her.

Last edited:

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
For Hoshido, with the eye patch option, samurai class, and dragon thing going on, Yonezawa Castle and Corrin as Date (Masamune). Put ya guns on! Problem with this is that we can't pick colors for Corrin's armor... Maybe Kenshin Uesugi would work better...
*Suddenly gains a hot-blooded rivalry with Yukimura*

(Why can't I like quality posts such as this more than once?)

Wait, if you named Corrin Kenshin, would that make Kagero Kasuga? :p

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
General isn't a good class like....at all unfortunately. They're incredibly slow (a movement of 5 is really bad for a promoted class and she only has a constitution of 11 which is really poor for wielding strong lances) and their RES is terrible which is really bad when a majority of the end-game units strike hard magically. They don't really get a solid crit bonus so they never really find a use even in that niche for me which is unlike Ross who in most of my runs can run toe to toe with Lyon despite a mediocre RES stat because of absurd RNG and the power of GBA Berserkers.

She's not bad but she's never turned out worth it for me especially when compared to the other trainees (of which Ewan is just....meh and Ross is absurdly broken). Her growths just....don't really impress me.

She's decent on a horse though, those classes are generally what I use when I do decide to put forth the effort to train her.
She has bad resistance, that's true, but you should really use General Amelia only if you plan to play CC, where the only magic you'll face is the dark one which is really inaccurate and thanks to all the speed Amelia has, she doesn't have any problem evading the majority of the attacks. In CC you can also resolve her movement and constitution problem, so yeah, on a horse can be better for the story, but I still think General Amelia is superior with some help from the player.
Also, a General evading most of the attacks and doubling almost everything is funny to watch

And yes, Ross is pretty op, I love that killing machine.

Arrei

Smash Lord
I just like using Amelia as a Super Trainee because her spear animation always seems to stab her opponent in the neck.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
She has bad resistance, that's true, but you should really use General Amelia only if you plan to play CC, where the only magic you'll face is the dark one which is really inaccurate and thanks to all the speed Amelia has, she doesn't have any problem evading the majority of the attacks. In CC you can also resolve her movement and constitution problem, so yeah, on a horse can be better for the story, but I still think General Amelia is superior with some help from the player.
Also, a General evading most of the attacks and doubling almost everything is funny to watch

And yes, Ross is pretty op, I love that killing machine.
I will admit, Creature Campaign makes basically all of the Trainees into monsters, thankfully. However for my maingame I generally only invest in Ross haha. BUT I won't disagree, they're all solid, but I always prioritize Ross because he's so bork. RIP Dozla hahaha.

I've actually been doing an FE8 Randomized classes run and it's been pretty damn amazing. Saleh has basically become the equivalent of Perceval (you should know who that is, I can post a screencap if you'd like, of Saleh I should say).

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

There's actually not that much fan-service. There's the Beach DLC but that's about it.

Anybody that wants a really magical old Fire Emblem game should play FE4.

Sacred Stones is REALLY good though. Don't bother with Amelia or Ewan, just use Ross and CRUSH YOUR OPPOSITION!
FE4 is great but it shouldn't be the first FE game you play as the Jugdral games are the hardest in the series. Despite saying FE4 is great, it had problems that kept me from liking it fully, mainly the fact that you can't trade items, its nearly impossible to save the villages and enemy units can switch weapons during the player phase. On the subject of FE8, i actually prefer Amelia over Ross.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
That's completely unrelated with the actual discussion but do anyone here know that something like 90% of the comments of the various Nintendo of Europe's tweets are Fates related?
like this one:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That's completely unrelated with the actual discussion but do anyone here know that something like 90% of the comments of the various Nintendo of Europe's tweets are Fates related?
like this one:
Meanwhile NOA has all the comments ******** about localisation.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Really? At the end they just changed a bit the petting thing, changed some dialogues/names and nothing else, or I missed something big?
There's an entire movement on twitter dedicated to whining about localisation like entitled brats.
An example of it can be seen in response to the tweet.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Really? At the end they just changed a bit the petting thing, changed some dialogues/names and nothing else, or I missed something big?
The alternate swimsuit accessories (except for the bath towel) purchasable from upgraded accessory shops worn in the hot spring seem to have been removed from the game. That one irks me, myself.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
The alternate swimsuit accessories (except for the bath towel) purchasable from upgraded accessory shops worn in the hot spring seem to have been removed from the game. That one irks me, myself.
Seeing as accessories are completely optional I really didn't care that they removed some since I'm not that big a fan of em. I think the only time I gave a character an accessory was giving yukimura the free glasses I got.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Seeing as accessories are completely optional I really didn't care that they removed some since I'm not that big a fan of em. I think the only time I gave a character an accessory was giving yukimura the free glasses I got.
It's still removal of content. One might not care about it, another might care the world about it.

Also, the accessories have castle battle buffs. The swimsuits gave up to 2 damage reduction in castle battles.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
There's an entire movement on twitter dedicated to whining about localisation like entitled brats.
An example of it can be seen in response to the tweet.
Wow that's just... incredible...
I really can't understand all this hate in regard of the localization of this particular game, because even Awakening was really different in the dialogue/names from the Japanese version but no one complained about that.
I suppose the fan translations is the principal cause of all this hate, and personally I hated it from the very first moment because it was obvious that it can't never be similar to the official translation, so people had started to have certain expectations and when the games finally comes out, well, the translation wasn't like they're expected to be...

That's a reason why I partially hate the recent "FE fandom", they're always have to complain about all this minor things and they don't enjoy the core factor of the game, the gameplay.

It's just a useless accessory, his removal from the game is stupid? Yes, we can discuss about this for hours, but his removal is really that important? No, at all.

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
It's still removal of content. One might not care about it, another might care the world about it.

Also, the accessories have castle battle buffs. The swimsuits gave up to 2 damage reduction in castle battles.
The swimsuits/towels themeslves rarely show up in actual gameplay though, making it less obvious compared to the my room stuff.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I really can't understand all this hate in regard of the localization of this particular game, because even Awakening was really different in the dialogue/names from the Japanese version but no one complained about that.
I suppose the fan translations is the principal cause of all this hate, and personally I hated it from the very first moment because it was obvious that it can't never be similar to the official translation, so people had started to have certain expectations and when the games finally comes out, well, the translation wasn't like they're expected to be...

That's a reason why I partially hate the recent "FE fandom", they're always have to complain about all this minor things and they don't enjoy the core factor of the game, the gameplay.
It's because we're now in an age where people will fling around SJW for literally anything.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's just a useless accessory, his removal from the game is stupid? Yes, we can discuss about this for hours, but his removal is really that important? No, at all.
Fun fact: The fan translation has Zero say 'feels good, man' when leveling up. Meaning the fan translation has memes that are out of place unlike tge localized version

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not saying they're important or noticeable or what have you. I don't really want to debate the subject as it tends to turn really ugly really quick. Just saying, there was in fact stuff removed, and that's always annoyed me, because I grew up seeing that stuff from Nintendo all the time and I've never thought a game was improved for it. Always felt like overprotective helicopter parenting to me.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Well, I'm not saying they're important or noticeable or what have you. I don't really want to debate the subject as it tends to turn really ugly really quick. Just saying, there was in fact stuff removed, and that's always annoyed me, because I grew up seeing that stuff from Nintendo all the time and I've never thought a game was improved for it. Always felt like overprotective helicopter parenting to me.
Nintendo is always overprotective, we can't do nothing about that.
If I have to be honest, I was initially annoyed with the various changes but then I realised they're all completely irrelevant for the game itself, so I started to not care about them anymore.
Also don't worry about debating on these subjects, as long as people are good with each others, it's fine.

Ivander

Smash Legend

It's still usable. While the cons are big, they don't make the tome completely worthless. Skills like Tomefaire and Wary Fighter will still work with it. Heck, despite saying special skills, I think it only means offensive skills like Luna and Sol, meaning Vantage, Pavise and Aegis still work with it. Also, forging is still a thing.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Time for the dreaded 10th chapter of Conquest.

Speaking of dread I made Azura a Dread Fighter because I'm possibly an idiot.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
You do know its cheaper to buy the other path digitally/ you get bonuses from doing thatt?
The thing is, I already bought it before and my mom bought be conquest as a surprise on release date so my download content plan did not work. I can still get revelation bonus's though on my birthright version whenever it arrives.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
If anybody wants to check out my castle, here it is.

If your a Birthright/Revelation player and you've been grinding, and your team is OP because of it, and you want to fight my team, use the handicap to make the battle fair. Because remember, Nohrians don't get the luxury of grinding.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Fun fact: The fan translation has Zero say 'feels good, man' when leveling up. Meaning the fan translation has memes that are out of place unlike tge localized version
Which makes me like the localized one way more
If anybody wants to check out my castle, here it is.

If your a Birthright/Revelation player and you've been grinding, and your team is OP because of it, and you want to fight my team, use the handicap to make the battle fair. Because remember, Nohrians don't get the luxury of grinding.
Not until 2 days, then the DLC map goes up

Last edited:
Top Bottom