• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I love how some of localized names are just the Japanese ones with just one letter removed.

Like was it really necessary? Oh well, they're the localization team.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
One of the name changes I see Treehouse doing is Ignis.
イグニス_st_通常.png

There's already a skill called ignis and it's returning as part of the Grandmaster skill set. After all, Selena was called Luna in Japan but there's the luna skill which is coming back. If I had to guess Ignis's new name, I would go with Iggy.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
View attachment 96072
There's already a skill called ignis and it's returning as part of the Grandmaster skill set. After all, Selena was called Luna in Japan but there's the luna skill which is coming back. If I had to guess Ignis's new name, I would go with Iggy.
Change it to Angus.

Either way I can't be the only one who finds him ugly.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
^I think you're supposed to, since he and his father have the gimmick of "scary but actually gentle".
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ you may have gotten tired of this but if you have any lingering doubts on Fates, you may want to watch this:
I've disagreed with plenty of things Gamexplain Derrick has said about characters and stories in that past, so this doesn't reassure me at all. I know I, at least, hold much higher standards than he does.

I expect the plot to be better than Awakening's, at least, but I doubt it'll blow me away like they acted like it would when promoting it. And hey, if it really is that good, I guess I'm in for a pleasant surprise. It's good to have low expectations sometimes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

View attachment 96072
There's already a skill called ignis and it's returning as part of the Grandmaster skill set. After all, Selena was called Luna in Japan but there's the luna skill which is coming back. If I had to guess Ignis's new name, I would go with Iggy.[/QUOTE]
That guy's a character? He looks BADASS. The armour looks a little weird, though.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
View attachment 96072
I honestly want his name to be Iggy now.

Edit: what is it with my signature constantly changing size?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Edit: what is it with my signature constantly changing size?
Because you're hotlinking them from Wikia, who resize images hotlinked from their sites on purpose to screw with people. Upload it to imgur or a similar image-hosting site first, then you can use it as normal.

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
You know, I never really minded Basilio/Flavia/Aversa having a regular Morgan because of my own genetics working out the same way. My dad's white and my mom's a very tan Hispanic, but I turned out downright Aryan. So I always find it funny when people say it's impossible or that it shouldn't work like that.

Also I think there's a term for the whole "anime people always look white" thing. Probably from tvtropes. Anyway, it's not like the artstyle is intentionaly trying to whitewash people. It's like a social effect or something.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
...Jeez, my conscious really doesn't want me to be taking about skin color, even though I know I'm not saying anything actually racist.
I feel ya there, in this day and age where everyone is sensitive at the slightest mention of a subject that can be controversial if and only if you make it that way but still cry out like its a taboo even if you try to talk about it in a calm and constructive manner. Its only a matter of time till literal "waifu wars" become reality (I say as a joking example that is never likely to happen... hopefully :dizzy:) because people can't handle other people with... an opinion :denzel:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Because you're hotlinking them from Wikia, who resize images hotlinked from their sites on purpose to screw with people. Upload it to imgur or a similar image-hosting site first, then you can use it as normal.
I've fixed it (the Azura sprite at least). Thanks for the advice.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel bad for ranting so much yesterday. With all the news on it coming out and such, I'm worrying about Fates far more than I should.

I'm confident that even in a worst case scenerio, I'm going to enjoy it anyway, so I really should quiet worrying.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Gah, monitor died. Would have been back sooner, but I fell into a swamp. And then a bird ate my map. And then another bird ate my backup map. Let's just say it was an ordeal.

Anyway 10 days, woo!

Except it will probably be longer for me because I had to get free shipping :(

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
since fates is coming out in a couple days, i guess i'll just have to avoid spoilers like the plague

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Nick, there are better ways you could have phrased that last sentence, you know?

Maya, people are spreading misinformation again! I can't let the Corrin and Robin socials fall victim to their lies!

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Sorry if it has been posted before, but... apparently, no japanese voice actors for the localized FireEmblem fates.

Also, I do enjoy me some Phoenix Wright. Edgeworth is truly the best.

Last edited:

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
Ok, I think I'm going to lay off the Fates news for a while. With the whole controversy on Soleil to the people still complaining about the petting feature not being the EXACT same as in Japan, I think I've gotten a headache. Some random guy on YouTube is running around calling Fates a "crippled" game because of that one localization decision and has other people saying similar things where they won't buy it and blah blah blah. I don't think I've ever seen so much drama over a game that hasn't even been released in the country yet. Seriously you could make an opera with all this drama laying around.That and while some of the names for the characters aren't the best, I've mostly just heard a lot of complaining from different places from people who haven't even bought the game.

Only valid complaints so far that I've seen is the lack of Japanese voice acting and the necessity of my castle for forging purposes.
Also possibly Soleil.

On a lighter note doing a binge session of the Awakening dialogue since I've never seen all of them and HOLY NAGA the Robin Tharja B support. Her freaking giggle is sorta nice and also very very disturbing. I'm not to sure how I feel about it as a whole.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
I will buy it nontheless, as far as I heared the trailer, the voice actors this time seem quite well. (Not kid icarus quality, but pretty good).

Mabye it comes as an obtional free DLC, the japanese dub I mean.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
H Y P E I N T E N S I F I E S!!

Haven't been here in a while. What did I miss?
A lot. You might wanna go back a few pages to catch up.

That is not entirely the case!
According to the article which paraphrases the video in question, "One editor speaks about rubbing your marriage partner’s face to wake them up and blowing into your 3DS’ microphone to remove steam after they’ve taken a bath."

I'm sorry, but what she is talking about was already included in the Japanese version!
Here's all the evidence I need!

See? The only thing confirmed to remain intact is waking up and blowing your partner!
The Phoenix Wright gifs made that 10x better.

Ok, I think I'm going to lay off the Fates news for a while. With the whole controversy on Soleil to the people still complaining about the petting feature not being the EXACT same as in Japan, I think I've gotten a headache. Some random guy on YouTube is running around calling Fates a "crippled" game because of that one localization decision and has other people saying similar things where they won't buy it and blah blah blah. I don't think I've ever seen so much drama over a game that hasn't even been released in the country yet. Seriously you could make an opera with all this drama laying around.That and while some of the names for the characters aren't the best, I've mostly just heard a lot of complaining from different places from people who haven't even bought the game.

Only valid complaint so far I've seen is the lack of Japanese voice acting and the necessity of my castle for forging purposes.
Also possibly Soleil.

On a lighter note doing a binge session of the Awakening dialogue since I've never seen all of them and HOLY NAGA the Robin Tharja B support. Her freaking giggle is sorta nice and also very very disturbing. I'm not to sure how I feel about it as a whole.
I have a feeling that the people who are saying they're not gonna buy the game are still gonna buy it anyways. Remember Xenoblade X? The "you know what" slider got removed and people were saying they weren't gonna buy it. Xenoblade X still sold well. Granted, people weren't as vocal about that but it still happened. And now that Corrin is in Smash, a lot more people will buy Fates.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Dataminers found a lot of items in the game's code, such as one that allows bow wielders to attack in close range.
so we're getting Radiant Dawn Double Bow back?

Takumi gonna be borked

since fates is coming out in a couple days, i guess i'll just have to avoid spoilers like the plague
Oh yeah....forgot that the internet's probably gonna be rampant with spoilers about Fates (again) soon.

I don't mind if people talk about spoilery stuff here, just keep it all in spoiler tags please.

I have a feeling that the people who are saying they're not gonna buy the game are still gonna buy it anyways. Remember Xenoblade X? The "you know what" slider got removed and people were saying they weren't gonna buy it. Xenoblade X still sold well. Granted, people weren't as vocal about that but it still happened. And now that Corrin is in Smash, a lot more people will buy Fates.
People seriously said that they wouldn't buy Xenoblade Chronicles X because they removed the breast size slider from the non-Japanese versions?

humanity you're supposed to do things to restore my faith in you not make me have less faith in you

D

Deleted member

guys, what should I do everytime somebody gets salty when I beat them with Corrin

Nah

Smash Champion
guys, what should I do everytime somebody gets salty when I beat them with Corrin
revel in their salt

use their hatred to fuel your power like I do

But no, really, LordTakeo has the right idea, give them pointers if you can.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Be the better person and offer to explain what they did wrong. If they don't want to listen, that's their problem.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
People seriously said that they wouldn't buy Xenoblade Chronicles X because they removed the breast size slider from the non-Japanese versions?

humanity you're supposed to do things to restore my faith in you not make me have less faith in you
Yeah. That being said, they weren't as vocal as the people who complained about skinship's removal but there were still people who were mad that the breast size slider was removed from the localized versions of Xenoblade X and said they would not buy the game.

Tell them to learn from they're mistakes.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I am finally getting the hang of C-bouncing DFS.
For a lot of you this is probably second nature, but it's something big for me and it makes me love the character even more.

I never expected that this character motivates me to push on and learn so many different ATs, I love it :)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I am finally getting the hang of C-bouncing DFS.
For a lot of you this is probably second nature, but it's something big for me and it makes me love the character even more.

I never expected that this character motivates me to push on and learn so many different ATs, I love it :)
What does C-Bouncing mean? And what does ATs mean?

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
What does C-Bouncing mean? And what does ATs mean?
Check out the Dragon Fang Arsenal Thread here on the Corrin Boards to learn about C_bouncing and the movement options it provides. it's kinda great.

ATs is simply an abbreviation for "Advanced Techniques"

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
After doing some equipment testing on Corrin, I ended up coming to a conclusion for some of the bonus effects that I was using. The three bonus effects were Glider, Sprinter, and Anchor Jump, but while Glider and Sprinter did help Corrin's mobility, Anchor Jump proved to be "heavily" detrimental to Corrin's recovery, even with the air speed increase. Also, the running speed boost that the Sprinter bonus effect offered wasn't exactly necessary, since Corrin was never all that slow to begin with.

The end result was that Sprinter and Anchor Jump got kicked out, while Glider stayed around.

This customization improves Corrin's air speed without any of the negative effects that Anchor Jump had with my last customization. Again, Sprinter was removed as well, as the running speed increase wasn't all that needed.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
When you find good artwork but it's not the one true color

kamui_by_koyorin-d9b1xev.jpg

The one true color though (scientifically-proven fact):

kamui_by_koyorin-d9b1xev.png

Top Bottom