• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Why wouldn't she stay Velour?
All the shape shifters had their name changed.

Nishiki -> Kaden
Flannek -> Keaton
Kinu -> Selkie

Velour keeping her name or even just dropping the 'u' would seem odd for Treehouse to do after what they did to the other three.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I just discovered the name pun behind Kaden. It's a pun of cotton which didn't make sense to me because I was pronouncing the name like "Kay-den." The name is supposed to be pronounced like "Kah-den."

Treehouse isn't grabbing names from a baby naming website, they're being clever with them!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
But to help tone down this serious tone shift for now, I wanted to have this thing fully done with as soon as I could, but didn't make it to the Corrin release date. Still needs to be fine lined, colored and shaded, but this drawing is for the Marth/Lucina/Roy/Ike buffs and Corrin getting into Smash

This picture is awesome!

Annnnnd Setsuna's quirky and derpy. Think I found my favorite character in Fates. :p
I love the FE 4komas so much!

(That last panel is 110% meme-worthy)
Kinu is now Selkie.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I guess you could say that she's...
•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"Selkie" smooth.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I just discovered the name pun behind Kaden. It's a pun of cotton which didn't make sense to me because I was pronouncing the name like "Kay-den." The name is supposed to be pronounced like "Kah-den."

Treehouse isn't grabbing names from a baby naming website, they're being clever with them!
I take back everything i said about Nishki being changed to Kaden. Now we just need to find the hidden meaning behind Keaten.

I love the FE 4komas so much!

(That last panel is 110% meme-worthy)
My God. Those carrots. Seigbert is right. Those carrots are a depiction of hell. How am i supposed to sleep after seeing those carrots?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Kanna got a name change. Derrick from GameXplain was unable to remember the name fully but it starts with the letter "F"
カンナ女_st_通常.png

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've not said "No more patches" but I said "Looks like we're not getting patches anymore!" infact I wasn't sure by myself if this was true, I just spread a little the news.

And well, the original title of the video was "No more patches" instead of "Development over", so originally the title was a little misleading.
I guess this means that Zero Suit Samus will always be cursed with not being able to break free from Corrin's grabs. So much for trying to utilize the Escape Artist bonus effect then.

On the other hand, we won't have to worry about our replays being rendered unplayable.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
What are names that start with F that fit for both genders? That is, assuming its a normal name and not a made up one.
Derrick tried to remember the name and I heard him say "Fuma."

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
I never got around to the whole marriage simulator in Awakening because I got stuck and had to stop playing when most of my characters died (never doing that again) I forget which chapter, but it was after the boat and had like 7 armored units which i couldn't hurt.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
This will probably mean no Corrinception when Corrin's amiibo will be released :(

I'm disappointed.
We don't know if the Corrin amiibo will work with Fates or not. I'd actually be surprised if it does.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I think Derrick may have screwed up with Fuma because that is the name of one of the "mini kingdoms" within Hoshido. It would seem odd for Treehouse to give the name of a place to a child character.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fates was released in Japan some time after Roy was added into Smash 4. I don't think that IS had the time to add Roy in Fates when he was first decided to be Smash DLC.
Maybe IS might add some free DLC to make Roy's and Corrin's amiibos compatible with Fates?
That's what i figured; there would be some Fates update that patches Roy into the game. It looks like that's not happening but i won't lose hope. If Roy isn't patched in 2 months after his Amiibo is released, i'll give up on him. He's still my boy though.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
We don't know if the Corrin amiibo will work with Fates or not. I'd actually be surprised if it does.
If Roy's amiibo doesn't work than I think the Corrin one will not work too, but if they release something like a patch to make them work I will be happy.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can try to clear up somethings about the marriages here. The marriages in this game are actually just a side part of the game. Its not like in Genealogy of the Holy War where marriage was a main part of the game (with consequences if 1st gen units failed to marry). The game has an emphasis on family but, while i did say marriage is a side feature, marriage is about making new family. Regarding the fact that you can marry Elise, she's probably gotten an age increase (her English voice being a key indicator). As for being able to marry your Hoshidian siblings
the spoiler name probably gave it away, but none of Hoshidian siblings are blood-related either. I know you said you didn't like the fact that they're justifying it with the "Not blood-related" thing but at least they're not your actual blood-related sibling. Corrin's true sibling is Lilith but she's an NPC.
But i can assure you that the deep story you were promised is still there. 3 of them. If marriages really were interfering with the game's plot, we'd see a lot more of it in the plot. I hope this cleared some things up for you.
The relationship between two lovers can still be very different from the relationship between two siblings. Most of Corrin's siblings are supposed to see him/her as an actual brother or sister. That's how they're advertised, and that's how they act outside of their S-ranks. But if they S-rank, they throw those character relationships down the drain for the sake of waifu pandering, whether you take it seriously or not.
The Hoshidan siblings were supposed to be blood related to Corrin, even if they were just half siblings. They probably only changed that for the sake of justifying Corrin's ability to marry them, because for some reason, the avatar has to be able to S-rank every character except their own children.
The fact that the main protagonist can marry anyone form Old Man Gunter to their 10-year-old sister and have babies with them is just incredibly stupid, no matter how you slice it. Even if a lot of fans don't actually take "waifus" seriously, someone on IS's development team clearly does.

...I'll leave it at that. I don't want to spend too long being negative, that'll just ruin everyone's mood. But a lot of IS's decisions for the sake of pandering are just questionable. I also hear a lot of people were actually very disappointed in the game's plot in general, especially in Nohr.

...Well, moving on. No more complaining from me for now.

That's what i figured; there would be some Fates update that patches Roy into the game. It looks like that's not happening but i won't lose hope. If Roy isn't patched in 2 months after his Amiibo is released, i'll give up on him. He's still my boy though.
Fates isn't still doesn't seem done with DLC, yet, though. Dataminers found a lot of items in the game's code, such as one that allows bow wielders to attack in close range.
I think we may see the amiibo patched in with the next DLC wave.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I also hear a lot of people were actually very disappointed in the game's plot in general, especially in Nohr.

...Well, moving on. No more complaining from me for now.

Fates isn't still doesn't seem done with DLC, yet, though. Dataminers found a lot of items in the game's code, such as one that allows bow wielders to attack in close range.
I think we may see the amiibo patched in with the next DLC wave.
Regarding the plot real quick, considering that all three plots were praised in Japan, my guess is that the fan-translation messed up on some parts which resulted in the disappointment from fans (this is why you don't fan-translate a game 6-7 months in advance). As for the Amiibo, you may be right. "DLC pack 1" in the west combines "DLC pack 1 and 2" in Japan. This is further evidence leading to more DLC.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
...I'll leave it at that. I don't want to spend too long being negative, that'll just ruin everyone's mood. But a lot of IS's decisions for the sake of pandering are just questionable. I also hear a lot of people were actually very disappointed in the game's plot in general, especially in Nohr.
Why do you say that? (I have not played or read into them except for the poorly hidden spoilers on the FE wiki with pics and even in the trivia if you go to the wiki AVOID Azura, Scarlet and Elise b/c they have non hidden spoilers). Also how would you compare Hoshido's plot with Nohr's and which one gripped you more (with no spoilers if you please)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Why do you say that? (I have not played or read into them except for the poorly hidden spoilers on the FE wiki with pics and even in the trivia if you go to the wiki AVOID Azura, Scarlet and Elise b/c they have non hidden spoilers). Also how would you compare Hoshido's plot with Nohr's and which one gripped you more (with no spoilers if you please)
I've (unsuccessfully) been trying to avoid spoilers, so I don't actually know the full plot. I just remember that a lot of people on SerenesForest forums really disliked Nohr's story.

It may of just been that IS raised people's expectations too high by talking focusing almost all of their advertising on the story.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I've (unsuccessfully) been trying to avoid spoilers, so I don't actually know the full plot. I just remember that a lot of people on SerenesForest forums really disliked Nohr's story.

It may of just been that IS raised people's expectations too high by talking focusing almost all of their advertising on the story.
Ok, literally SerenesForest is the worst place you can go to find opinions on Fates's plot. Actually, its the worst place to find opinions on anything Awakening and after. A lot of SerenesForest consist of the "elitist" Fire Emblem fanbase and you already know how they feel about Awakening and Fates. That being said, there are a few good people on SerenesForest and SerenesForest is useful for digging up information but its not a place i'd recommend.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I guess I shouldn't decide who I'm gonna marry cause now I'm leaning on Setsuna for Birthright and Nyx for the other 2.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I feel like if you marry Gunter you shouldn't be able to get Kanna.
I feel like if you marry Bastilo your child should have SOME kind of skin change, but nooooo cus FE won't let you. I'm not salty but curious why skin tones aren't apart of char customization? Then again the game was made in Japan so they would overlook that especially if they also had to carefully mix skin tones with father/mother plus with hair.

Just a out loud thought:drohyou:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I feel like if you marry Bastilo your child should have SOME kind of skin change, but nooooo cus FE won't let you. I'm not salty but curious why skin tones aren't apart of char customization? Then again the game was made in Japan so they would overlook that especially if they also had to carefully mix skin tones with father/mother plus with hair.

Just a out loud thought:drohyou:
FE needs more non whites. Really unless you count Niles as non white there isn't any in Fates.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
FE needs more non whites. Really unless you count Niles as non white there isn't any in Fates.
For some reason, Asian characters are usually drawn as white in anime art styles.
Ok, literally SerenesForest is the worst place you can go to find opinions on Fates's plot. Actually, its the worst place to find opinions on anything Awakening and after. A lot of SerenesForest consist of the "elitist" Fire Emblem fanbase and you already know how they feel about Awakening and Fates. That being said, there are a few good people on SerenesForest and SerenesForest is useful for digging up information but its not a place i'd recommend.
I actually heard mostly great things about the gameplay on that sight, though. It's just that the common opinions there aren't always the opinions of the majority. I often find people who match my own opinions on that website, at least, though a lot of them do exaggerate issues.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
For some reason, Asian characters are usually drawn as white in anime art styles.I actually heard mostly great things about the gameplay on that sight, though. It's just that the common opinions there aren't always the opinions of the majority. I often find people who match my own opinions on that website, at least, though a lot of them do exaggerate issues.
Well generally... Asians have white skin.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well generally... Asians have white skin.
Eh, I'm used to "white" being used as "Caucasian". Asian people generally have at least slightly browner skin than Caucasian people, at least.

...Jeez, my conscious really doesn't want me to be taking about skin color, even though I know I'm not saying anything actually racist.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Eh, I'm used to "white" being used as "Caucasian". Asian people generally have at least slightly browner skin than Caucasian people, at least.

...Jeez, my conscious really doesn't want me to be taking about skin color, even though I know I'm not saying anything actually racist.
I've seen many asians with near me levels of pale.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ you may have gotten tired of this but if you have any lingering doubts on Fates, you may want to watch this:

We now have name confirmation for Kanna. Derrick got the kid's name and the place in Hoshido mixed up.
I'm not complaining but why did they remove the extra N?

Top Bottom