• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

D

Deleted member 189823

Jab combo kills, up-b kills, side-b kills and is a great movement option, down-b sure as **** kills, neutral b kills, all smashes kill, up-air kills, down-air is a suicide spike (people are already finding ways to survive it). So basically everything kills.

Why, Rito. Why.
You make it sound broken, when it's not like that at all.

Jab: I've seen it kill...at 170+%...at the edge..........with some rage. Guess I can see what your standards in killing are. 8P

Up-B: Up-B does kill, but it doesn't seem to kill anywhere as soon as one would think it would. I was just watching ESAM's take on Corrin, and I've seen him do it at 125% off the ground on Kirby and it didn't kill. 8P Up the top, it looks like it can kill pretty solidly. But, again, it's nowhere as strong as it makes it seem it is. When you catch someone like 2/3 up the stage, it looks like it can kill at 60. But in truth, I think it kill more like 100-110, and that factoring in the fact that it leaves you quite exposed. Overall, pretty good, but not exactly ideal.

Side-B: Yeah, it kills well. I'll give you that.

Neutral B: Seems to kill only when fully charged, really.

Smashes: All smash-attacks require tippers to use their full power, so that's far from ideal.

D-Air sucks and you're more likely to kill yourself first.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
It's just that I'd prefer that Smash was only for well-known characters, not just newbies. At 8 years old, Corrin would be an already well-recognized character. I do understand he was added for promotional purposes, though, just like Roy back in Melee. This is also the reason why the inclusion of Dark Pit and Shulk didn't resonate well with me (and obviously being a blatant clone of Pit). I eventually welcomed Shulk (and now Corrin) because I realized they're original fighters that actually add something to the game.

That's just me, though. I understand that some people disagree :)
As much as I don't want to burst your bubble... most people only know captn. Falcon, because he's from Smash 64.
Marth, because he's -the first-. Roy? Ike? Have almost no reason, except being popular in brawl/melee.
Corrin would be just another one of them, for the nieshe fans. I highly doubt he'll be as recognized, as others. Cloud, Bayo are the main heroes of multible games (FF7 has like 3 spin offs.)
And so on. I -very- doubt he'd be in smash, seeing how Fire Emblem will develop more and more games, with more and more character.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Exactly 2 weeks remain until Fire Emblem Fates releases! We're almost there! F A T E S H Y P E I N T E N S I F I E S!!!

Calling it now, GameXplain is going to upload the endings to all three paths the day before Fates releases.

Am I the only one who vastly prefers this over the original method? It's like you are really communicating with them instead all touchy touchy feely like a maniac.
Your not alone. I also prefer this method. I had no plans to use it but now that the rubbing is gone, i actually do want to use it.

It's just that I'd prefer that Smash was only for well-known characters, not just newbies. At 8 years old, Corrin would be an already well-recognized character. I do understand he was added for promotional purposes, though, just like Roy back in Melee. This is also the reason why the inclusion of Dark Pit and Shulk didn't resonate well with me (and obviously being a blatant clone of Pit). I eventually welcomed Shulk (and now Corrin) because I realized they're original fighters that actually add something to the game.

That's just me, though. I understand that some people disagree :)
Let's say Corrin is a potential newcomer in Smash 5 and Smash 5 does happen 8 years later, At that point, yes Corrin will be well-recognized but at the same time, he will have competition between FE15 and maybe even FE16's protagonist. Corrin being added now was his best chance IMO, even if he was advertisement in non-Japan regions.

You make it sound broken, when it's not like that at all.

Jab: I've seen it kill...at 170+%...at the edge..........with some rage. Guess I can see what your standards in killing are. 8P

Up-B: Up-B does kill, but it doesn't seem to kill anywhere as soon as one would think it would. I was just watching ESAM's take on Corrin, and I've seen him do it at 125% off the ground on Kirby and it didn't kill. 8P Up the top, it looks like it can kill pretty solidly. But, again, it's nowhere as strong as it makes it seem it is. When you catch someone like 2/3 up the stage, it looks like it can kill at 60. But in truth, I think it kill more like 100-110, and that factoring in the fact that it leaves you quite exposed. Overall, pretty good, but not exactly ideal.

Side-B: Yeah, it kills well. I'll give you that.

Smashes: All smash-attacks require tippers to use their full power, so that's far from ideal.

D-Air sucks and you're more likely to kill yourself first.
Jab: its not really used as a killing option. Its more of a way to rack up damage. This is me eyeballing it but the speed at which the rapid jab goes at is frame 1.

Up-B: In the neutral, its not gonna kill. However, if you manage to land it on someone near the upper blast zone, it might kill. U-air is still better.

Side B: Great.

Neutral B: Again, Neutral B isn't supposed to be a killing move (the projectile part anyway) however, the people i've been fighting roll past the projectile but get hit by the bite. However, i have gotten some semi-chared Neutral B Bite kills. It depends on where the're at.

Smashes: While tippers do bring out their full power, i have landed non-tipper F-Smashes and the have killed before. The tippers kill earlier but its not like Roy where you HAVE to land the sweetspot or else they don't go that far. D-Smash is great for covering rolls.

D-Air: Ok, listen, D-Air=Corrincide. You use D-Air to style on people. I made many people salty via Corrincide. And if the stage your on has a wall, and the D-Air cancels before you die, you can Dragon Lunge to the wall, jump up, and Up-b to recover while your opponent falls helplessly.

Most of Corrin's pros have been said before. I definitely see Corrin among the top 20 maybe even top 15. He has that potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

I want to make people salty.

stupidly good at killing. Like, :4fox: level good at killing. As for juggling tools, I think both hits of Nair are apt enough for that.
Not a bad idea, actually...

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If we're talking about ways to kill with Corrin, we can't forget about Bair.
I absolutely love Bair.
It was a Day 1 Tech. I call it Spitless Nomnom despite not inventing it nor do I use it often
"Spitless Nomnom" is a brilliant name. Let's stick with it.
It's not that rare of an occurrence if you use the Spitless Nonnom.
See, I'm using that name already.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

You can do if with corrin her counter is insane
What do you mean?

If we're talking about ways to kill with Corrin, we can't forget about Bair.
I absolutely love Bair. "Spitless Nomnom" is a brilliant name. Let's stick with it. It's not that rare of an occurrence if you use the Spitless Nonnom.
See, I'm using that name already.
Spitless Nomnom
oh lawd

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So apparently the Corrin salt continues. But its not the "6th FE character" salt, its the "This character's broken" salt:

Last edited:

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Shoutouts to Saki- Saki- with the thread title change. We (more) anime now. :b Additional shoutouts to Kamui for being OP at double Bowser range. XD

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
So apparently the Corrin salt continues. But its not the "6th FE character" salt, its the "This character's broken" salt:
I'd put that comment in a spoiler and labeling it with something like "language". You're technically censor dodging.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Guys.......i want this now:
Do you understand how adorable those are?

D

Deleted member

I did well with Corrin in FG earlier and I beat my friend in Corrin dittos.

I realized that Corrin has the best side smash in the entire Smash series. Due to it's long range, Corrin can safely attack with it from a distance (but, of course, don't spam it). But what makes it amazing is the tipper from it, which the attack becomes very powerful at the tip like Marth. If you do it just right, you can make a comeback off of this move and build momentum for yourself.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
I managed to piss off @Yaki and @AureusVulpes while playing as Corrin. It got to the point that they made me go back to Robin. They will go into detail what their issues are with Corrin.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Corrin is great, but she is not my main. Cloud will stay as such. She's definitely in my top 5 though.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I love this character so much, I've been waiting for a FE character this good whose name isn't Ike. I click so well with her, depending on how far I can take her she might replace Falco as my main.

Words can't express how happy I am with the character!

Cr0n

Smash Apprentice
NNID
liquidbassist
3DS FC
4184-4537-7536
This is probably somewhere in the thread, so sorry to ask, but do we have a discord/teamspeak/ or skype group?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I love this character so much, I've been waiting for a FE character this good whose name isn't Ike. I click so well with her, depending on how far I can take her she might replace Falco as my main.

Words can't express how happy I am with the character!
she might replace Falco as my main.
B-but we have I-frames on our Up Smash now. ;______________;

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
Still in the lab with Corrin. And I'm starting to get the hang of Dragon Fang Shot into footstool. Anybody learn what their jablocking move is?

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
Never too heavy on the tech side, myself. More focused on spacing and reads.

That said, side b is inarguably Corrin's best move. Other great ones include:

Uair
Bair
dtilt
Neutral B

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
B-but we have I-frames on our Up Smash now. ;______________;
I'll always hold the cocky bird close to my heart, but there are matchups that I'm seriously struggling in my region. Our #1 in the PR is an Olimar, and fighting Falco against an optimized Olimar makes me cry myself to sleep.

I have way too much experience to just ditch Falco though, I'll probably end up Co-maining him with Corrin. At the very worst a secondary ;P

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
HUH. I know a bunch of you probably already know this because you’re more hardcore than me, but…

You can recover from a dair offstage if you did so on the top of your first jump and hold BACK while doing your up b. The up b naturally goes forward and kills vertical distance. If you hold back from the direction you’re recovering from, you can increase it to almost a Marth dolphin slash.

It's just fun to discover crap like this on your own, you know.
Hmm! Thanks for the tip(per), that's really useful to know!

Also, just wanted to say how much I loved your Weeabo 101's and can't wait to see what you pull off with Corrin! Not to pressure or rush you on it or anything.
Also funny: Currently there's a "If you could only have 4 DLC characters which ones would you keep?" And every response has Corrin in it so far.

"Waste of a slot", "too many Framblem" my ***. :seuss::awesome:
If you don't mind me asking, could you post a source to that info? Cause I'd like to see it with my own eyes, to see the haters and the salt miners converted by the GLORIOUS POWER OF THE DRAGON LORD!
"i'm gonna start using Bowser as a unit of measurement now."
Top tier comment, give that man a medal!

Lol at that first comment though, I can feel that salt all the way from over here.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'll always hold the cocky bird close to my heart, but there are matchups that I'm seriously struggling in my region. Our #1 in the PR is an Olimar, and fighting Falco against an optimized Olimar makes me cry myself to sleep.

I have way too much experience to just ditch Falco though, I'll probably end up Co-maining him with Corrin. At the very worst a secondary ;P
Hmm... some people do think Falco does well against Olimar... and Villager... Anyway, yay! ^__^ *steals Koiba's usage of the ^__^ emote* :p

Last edited:

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Yo , maybe you guys know this (seems pretty duh, but ive heard complaints of lack of DFS follow ups), but there is a true combo/ kill confirm off DFS for all characters at all percents (kills at edge around 60's for light weight, 70's medium weights, 80's - low 90's heavy weights... DI and rage will raise and lower these). This is done by following up with a tipper aerial side b off a landed DFS (A pin off a quick lunge can combo even easier than aerial side b tipper and farther away, this does more dmg, but has less knock back/ kill power).. You can use less DFS charge at closer ranges (3/4 charge used in video) and your range may also dictate a SH or a FH into side b. Also character hit box size helps or hinders this confirm's range (and ease of landing tipper.)

Example of this combo near the max of its range on mario at 71%( that I found... maybe someone better could do further):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AytVGXSYEM8

Note** Aerial side b Cannot be comboed into with no charge DFS (from my experience, maybe someone better again), combos 1/4 charge or above, but this is dependent on the range away (with less charge and more range away increasing the strictness of the combo timing). Quick lunge pin however can combo from uncharged DFS, but requires quick hands.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
one very reliable mix up ive found is to short hop (towards the opponent), the are going to shield most of the time-> you c-bounce a neutral b (3/4 charge it)->opponents are going to try to shield grab most of the time-> when they are stunned, you side-b pin them and then kick....works best at 80/90% or above, cause the opponent is going to be stunned longer, it kills fairly early and works pretty often, you just have to get the timing for c-bouncing the neutral b right. but with practice it will come to you eventually.

side-b is really corrins best move, by far. and i feel like it is going to be the main reason if corrin makes it to be a high tier. she isnt good enough for top tier i would say and arguably worse than cloud, but due to side-b and the incredible mix up game it gives corrin, i dont see her lower than mid tier. imo, she is the best FE character.

side-b REALLY makes this character and im really looking foward to see how much we can get out of it in the future!

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
I whole-heartedly agree with you, Fex13. Throw in DFS as a versitile projectile that can be mixed up in 4 different ways the way it's executed alone and his mix up game is nutty.

If I had to sum up Corrin in one word, it's "options".

I never feel like I am forced to adhere to a certain plan or a straight path. Rather than that, his playstyle allows me to choose my own path...

Oh my God Sakurai, you sly fox, you

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
At first I was only using lunge as a pinning move, but it's basically a fsmash in the air if you're hitting it with the tip. It appears moves are also leading into a free side B. I've got to try these things in practice mode, but then again I'm learning so much as it is by just playing and watching other Corrin players.

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
I whole-heartedly agree with you, Fex13. Throw in DFS as a versitile projectile that can be mixed up in 4 different ways the way it's executed alone and his mix up game is nutty.

If I had to sum up Corrin in one word, it's "options".

I never feel like I am forced to adhere to a certain plan or a straight path. Rather than that, his playstyle allows me to choose my own path...

Oh my God Sakurai, you sly fox, you
yea, 'options' is probably the right description! it's just so satisfying to just move around with corrin( especially with side-b)...all of it is so highly unpredictable, thats what is so good about corrin. and when the opponent doesnt expect it anymore, you just go for 'boring' fair to uair combos, hehe. and by the way, opponents so often get caught by the charged bite of DFS, cause they dodge the initial shot and think they can punish you and fall for the bite. i love it.
corrin kinda screws with basic human instincts, so exciting...

Last edited:

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
One of the best things about Corrin's Dragon Lunge is that it gives him a unique way to land. Whereas most characters would be content with a fast fall aerial; Corrin can throw it out and stick to the ground, extending their movement options and applying pressure to the opponent at the same time.

Dair: Dragon Drill
Toon Drill? At its core, it's really just a multi-hit version of Toon Link's Dair anyway. Try nailing the enemy with this after paralyizing them offstage for some nasty disrespect~.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One of the best things about Corrin's Dragon Lunge is that it gives him a unique way to land. Whereas most characters would be content with a fast fall aerial; Corrin can throw it out and stick to the ground, extending their movement options and applying pressure to the opponent at the same time.

Toon Drill? At its core, it's really just a multi-hit version of Toon Link's Dair anyway. Try nailing the enemy with this after paralyizing them offstage for some nasty disrespect~.
Toon sounds kiddy, and safe, and then DRAGON WOOO!

Top Bottom