• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Could someone please explain to me the area of Corrin's tipper? I see in side b, the move has insane knockback if about 1/5 of the dragonfang sword thingy goes through the opponent. So does the first point of contact have to be the sword's tip?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
now here is the real question at hand

when will the Corrin head icons on here be replaced by the actual ones?
Well here's the to-do list from the suggestion list thread thingy
:4bayonetta: (Fixed)
:4bayo1:
:4corrin: (Fixed)
:4corrinf: (Fixed)
:4pacman2:
And iirc there's also the idea of a :4luma: being tossed around

D

Deleted member

Well here's the to-do list from the suggestion list thread thingy
:4bayonetta: (Fixed)
:4bayo1:
:4corrin: (Fixed)
:4corrinf: (Fixed)
:4pacman2:
And iirc there's also the idea of a :4luma: being tossed around
Wait, what suggestion list thread?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
What's Corrin an Bayo's weight rankings?
Corrin's 95 and Bayonetta's 84? It was mentioned in the patch discussion thread somewhere... Basically, Corrin's as heavy as Mario and Bayonetta and Sheik (as of 1.1.4) share the same weight.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Wait, what suggestion list thread?
iirc there's a Suggestion Thread in the Welcome Center
A while back ago it was a place of people just spamming for emotes until PAC-MAN was a thing
Then they said "No more Emote Suggestions"
So all the ones I listed aside from :4luma: are basically people yelling at Warchamp to stop being lazy and update the smilies from various threads
They also made a new thread last year and the old one's probably on fire so good luck finding that :drshrug:

Remedy

Waifu Wars
NNID
MildRemedy
Thanks for the answers guys. I guess I need to mess around with it more :denzel:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Corrin's 95 and Bayonetta's 84? It was mentioned in the patch discussion thread somewhere... Basically, Corrin's as heavy as Mario and Bayonetta and Sheik (as of 1.1.4) share the same weight.
You'd think that Cornmui's armor would weigh her down.
Ah well, it's probably for balancing reasons. Can't make him too heavy, he's good enough as is in both 1vs1 and Free-For-All.

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
should i make a mini comic where dedede and escargoon try to get a date in smash? i think it sounds kind of cringy but i want to do it.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is this the part where I bring the TV show up or nah
I may make Dedede jokes, but I actually only have a very basic understanding of the TV series.
I don't actually get the context behind that screenshot.

I'm just a huge fraud.

Lazlo_Bananas

Smash Cadet
So....Imma just dump a bunch of info here, cuz why not. If someone has a better place I should put it lemme know. It's just some stuff I typed up for a facebook discussion, so it'll sound a bit weird. Hopefully there's some good stuff I got to share!

Training Mode Videos (Needs actual labbing with a real person) Don’t take every “true” combo to heart as they may easily be DI-able. These can give an overall sense of what Corrin can do.
https://youtu.be/Xi20lo6OMJk A good place to start to see what strings can be made. Just a random montage someone made
https://youtu.be/RqTbO6oAFR0 A long video gone over by JoeKing, he gives some explanations. May be worth checking out. Of course, expect cross over between what he finds and other people. He doesn’t really go over complicated strings or combos.
https://youtu.be/MV7HLHme2j8 Short string that supposedly will work on heavies/fast fallers. Needs testing.

http://smashboards.com/threads/corrin-true-combos-and-setups.427963/ This thread is gonna be trying to compile combos and strings for Corrin.

Alright, so I’m gonna try and explain some mixups surrounding Dragon Lunge that I think can be useful. Keep in mind, these need to be labbed and tested with real people. So don’t flame me if something doesn’t work.

For instance, you can dair an opponent at low percents, quickly dragon lunge them into the ground, jump up and dair again. Maybe be possible to repeat if this is started at 0%. Either way, it may be worth looking to.

I also found what may be a kill confirm with the Dragon Fang if the opponent doesn’t tech after you pin them with Dragon lunge. It depends on your position but it looks like after a pin, you can jump up, fast fall down and b-reverse into a slightly charged dragon bullet thing (Imma call it Water Pulse), and fully charge the Dragon Fang bite (Imma call it Crunch). Might be able to kill.

One more combo I found with Dragon Lunge is to pin, jump up, regularly fall with nair, follow opponents DI for a somewhat guaranteed Fair to Uair. Not sure exactly what percents it may be best at. I’d start trying with mid percents.

Some other uses for Dragon Lunge is that it can be used to stick near the ledge so you can fly away from the stage and hit a high recovering enemy. You can safely upb back to the stage this way as well.

Some final tidbits from me: Dtilt, utilt, fast fall fair, and nair all seem to be combo starters. Jab, both regular and multihit are pretty good. Ftilt kills at high percents. Bair is a great spacing tool if you let yourself barely fall from the apex of a shorthop as well.

ONE MORE THING IF THIS IS REAL IT MAY BE PATCHED OUT. IF YOU CONTINUOUSLY WAIT FOR YOUR OPPONENT TO UNPIN FROM DRAGON LUNGE, YOU CAN QUICKLY PIN THEM AGAIN IF THEY CAN’T TECH IT. CAN POSSIBLY BE A PSEUDO INFINITE.

Disjoints: Yep, you’re right. She has the range that Marth should have on most of his moves. They’re pretty large for their speed usage.

Frame Traps: Yes, she is amazing at frame traps and catching landings. The way that most of her moves send opponents diagonally upwards sets up opportunities to use Dragon Lunge to catch landings. Her lack of landing lag makes it easier to follow up with her lunges.

Mobility: I disagree with the part about her being sluggish, for the same reason you mentioned Dragon Lunge. I feel that Dragon Lunge is an insanely important part of her gameplay. Using it for movement and combos/even killing. She can always reset the neutral by Dragon Lunging away from the opponent. On shorter stages, her lack of run speed won’t be as important against faster characters.

Offstage Game: I agree that bair is a relatively safe option, but she can also use Dragon Lunge at the opponent. As well as being able to pin on the ledge, or the wall to lunge backwards or jump upwards to catch high recoveries. Dair is only a good option for a suicide kill, although I believe it is possible to get back onstage if you land a footstool. However, that a bad idea. There’s also Dragon Fang Shot which can be used against exploitable recoveries. Counter, can of course easily gimp or kill recoveries with hitboxes on them, same way that any FE character sans Robin would.

Punish Game: Several of her moves other than smash attacks can kill at around 100% near the ledge, like sweetspot bair, Dragon Lunge sweetspot ofcourse, but also the Dragon Lunge lunge can kill. Her paralyzer is the most potent in the game. Whether you land the uncharged or fully charged shot at point blank for a punish, swift inputs will net you a guaranteed fully charged bite, which is as strong as a smash attack. Landing both the shot and the bite will tack on an enormous amount of percent for two moves. If the opponent is farther away after being paralyzed, they can most likely be pinned if you react quickly enough, leading to further damage input. I have some possible combos out of pinning that may work, but I need help testing them. I’ll post a link to a post I made on a Corrin page. I think her punish game is very powerful for the different ways she can punish as well as her range. As well as being able to tack on percent with a fast fall fair into two more fairs, or a fair into upair depending on percent and DI.

Neutral Game: By slow projectile, I assume you mean when it is uncharged so you can fire off as many as you can as fast as you can. The shield thing. Welp, Dragon Fang is actually a shield breaker. Of course, it requires being close by, but it is still a powerful shield breaker. Dragon Lunge Pin can be used to fade in and fade back from the opponent, resetting the neutral or going in aggressive and punishing your opponent’s landings or mistakes. You can also bait by pressing the first input of sideb without actually Dragon Lunging. Bair sweetspotted is safe against shield and is good for poking when spaced correctly.

Finishing the Stock: You kinda covered them right there already. Opponents are quickly gonna be afraid of her landing anything. He fsmash comes out relatively fast and doesn’t have as much lag for how powerful and long it is. Upsmash is good out of shield only for airborne enemies, although by the time it kills, uair will probably kill as well. A side note is that dtilt can lead into upsmash at low percents, erherm…anyways, she definitely has guaranteed kill setups with Dragon Fang Shot, and Dragon Lunge Pinning.

Positional Disadvantage: Totally have to agree with you pretty much. She’s always gonna be at a disadvantage without a platform right nearby to pin herself on. Although dair and nair are decent for landing because of how fast they can be gotten out of, fair is her best shot probably. I agree that she would not be able to land well against shields, which is why I think bigger stages with platforms, or any stage with platforms at all are much safer for her.

Poor Moveset: …I can’t say I agree here. She has good aerials to catch airdodges, is very good at spacing against the enemy while on the ground, can shift their momentum and stop their momentum uniquely. She has the longest shooting, and largest, fastest paralyzer in the game which has a second hit that can be used for punishing greedy foes that jump over the shot. She has the unique Pinning technique as well as an AOE counter which is great for catching characters with longer range moves, although counters should seldom be mentioned, lol. Her aerials are kinda unique in the sense that they are meant to send the opponent upwards diagonally. Pinning is very powerful. I think it’s a central part of her gameplay and movement.

Recovery: Yup, pretty mediocre overall. Kinda made worse by not being able to go straight upwards, only diagonally, which seems to be a theme with this character. Everything is diagonal.

Safety: She’s fairly safe when on the ground, or at least she has the moves to be safe. Landing is hard, especially against shields.

Ability to deal with multiple options: Again, I believe pinning is very powerful for the opportunities it allows to deal with your opponent, especially when it allows the user to release or move at will, or not at all. Pinning can also be linked into another pin if done correctly and your opponent doesn’t expect it.

Unpredictability: I believe on the ground she is definitely unpredictable, or at least can be between pinning and spacing against the opponent with aerials and Dragon Fang Shot. You can pretty much tell what she will do in the air, but sometimes it may be too late and unavoidable for her aerial setups. I would ban Final Destination and Town and City if I brought her to tournament. I don’t think she does well on flat stages. Battlefield and Dreamland seem to be where she can shine most with her toolset.

I’ll leave this link here about some, maybe helpful videos, as well as some possible mixups that can be used with her. https://www.facebook.com/groups/931598296908259/permalink/931709813563774/

M@v

Subarashii!
Well the good news is Corrin is probably staying on my roster. Looking like a secondary at the moment, at least until I get better with them. Going to use black female, and mix it up with blue male. I like the default male and female as well honestly.

GemZ

Smash Rookie
This is basically a thread for Day 1 Corrin / future Corrin mains to pay their respects to characters of the past.

After alternating between Samus, Mewtwo and Pac-man for a year, and honestly not really getting the results I wanted, I picked up Corrin last night and instantly fell in love. Pulled off some wins and stuff I never could with my aforementioned previous loves, and even got a compliment from someone wayyyyy better than me in Smash. I knew from all of that that this would be my true main.

So to Suit, Waka and Feather, you served me well and you will live on in my Amiibo collection. Good night, sweet princes and princess.

How about you guys?

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
I won't main her, though I shall ask pardon for Lucina for she won't be my favorite FE fighter in Smash anymore....
Heck, I'm afraid princes Lyndis won't be my favorite FE character anymore if I ever play Fates....

Last edited:

Garde Noir

Smash Journeyman
Trying her out instead of Cloud. Cloud has a ton of potential, and I may go back, but for now, her mobility and strings are a little nicer.

GemZ

Smash Rookie
I like characters with a lot of options. Like Samus, you can play defensive and campy with your projectile game and you had a lot of tricks with your bombs, but you also had some nice combos with your melee options.

Corrin has ranged, melee and defense stuff with his counter, so I was in love when they started talking about the gameplay. The Side B options are also nice mix ups.

Also having a killthrow or 2 is really nice. Samus doesn't even come close to that lol.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This is basically a thread for Day 1 Corrin / future Corrin mains to pay their respects to characters of the past.

After alternating between Samus, Mewtwo and Pac-man for a year, and honestly not really getting the results I wanted, I picked up Corrin last night and instantly fell in love. Pulled off some wins and stuff I never could with my aforementioned previous loves, and even got a compliment from someone wayyyyy better than me in Smash. I knew from all of that that this would be my true main.

So to Suit, Waka and Feather, you served me well and you will live on in my Amiibo collection. Good night, sweet princes and princess.

How about you guys?
This.... doesn't really need to be a thread. Merging with the social thread.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Some Bayonetta and Corrin shenanigans from Alpharad and his buddy Muse!

I'll be playing those tomorrow as well. Should be fun.

Corrin alts:Completely captivated once I saw green Corrin. That shade of emerald is fantastic to the eyes.

Been calling him Christmas Corrin, due to him also rocking a red cape.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
>Tfw you take down a For Glory Link with a stage spike dragon lunge. I knew we were meant to be, Femui. <3 :4corrinf::4corrinf:

GemZ

Smash Rookie
Would killing Bowser at 116 percent count as a kill throw? ;o

Last edited:

GemZ

Smash Rookie
Up throw is constituted as a kill throw in my book.
I did this with Downthrow though. Going to lab to see which one is better soon. I come from a history of Samus and Pacman so it's nice to play a character that has kill throws, let alone 2 XD

SuperDavio

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperDavio
3DS FC
1633-4266-1971
It ain't gonna be long though. We got time.
Wasn't gonna buy it because they removed the minigame.

Then I heard it's back in.

(some) Faith restored, Nintendo. Consider it bought.

Also, the whole split bugs me. I'd feel obligated to do the Conquest Path, since that's how you were raised and such.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Wasn't gonna buy it because they removed the minigame.

Then I heard it's back in.

(some) Faith restored, Nintendo. Consider it bought.

Also, the whole split bugs me. I'd feel obligated to do the Conquest Path, since that's how you were raised and such.
I'm taking the Birthright path, hence I already got it preordered. I plan to get Conquest soon afterwards, though I'm not sure if I'm gonna go on the Revelations path too.

Top Bottom