• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
****, everyone here having fun with Corrin while I'm still sitting here at work on my lunch break...and I still got 2 more hours left...

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad everyone seems to be enjoying Corrin at the moment.
Now if only it didn't release at 1 in the morning on a school day for me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
probably old news by now, but you can reverse the attack out of side-B (as in, the attack after pinning into the ground). Dunno how useful that'll be, maybe as a mix-up or something. Either way this move looks really good :4corrinf:

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I don't know about you guys, but Bair has quickly become my go to move in neutral for Corrin. Amazing for spacing, deals a high amount of damage, autocancels in a SH, etc. I end up using it alot like how mario can use his retreating Bair. Probably her best aerial after Uair and only slightly better than Nair and Fair imo.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Something weird: when you go to customize the moveset, it refers to Up Special as "Draconic Ascent", but the in game tips still refer to the move as "Dragon Ascent".

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
probably old news by now, but you can reverse the attack out of side-B (as in, the attack after pinning into the ground). Dunno how useful that'll be, maybe as a mix-up or something. Either way this move looks really good :4corrinf:
You can also do a Side B in place. Though for now I seem to only get it when I turn around. But dunno, perhaps staying in place instead of jumping in might be useful?

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
So in the alts thread I said that blonde corrin reminded me of a Christian pop star named Ellie Holcomb, but now that I've downloaded the character and can see that her hair is longer I have a new suggestion for the unofficial alt name.

Corrin Underwood

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Finally got home from work so the first I did is update the 3DS version first so I can download and play as Corrin (and Bayonetta, but Corrin is the top priority). I'll update the Wii U version later in the afternoon.

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BestTeaMaker
3DS FC
0345-0407-6977
I don't know about you guys, but Bair has quickly become my go to move in neutral for Corrin. Amazing for spacing, deals a high amount of damage, autocancels in a SH, etc. I end up using it alot like how mario can use his retreating Bair. Probably her best aerial after Uair and only slightly better than Nair and Fair imo.
The issue I have with Bair as a neutral option is that it gives Corrin a forward momentum that can make it hard to land a hit sometimes. I personally like RAR-ing with Fair because it's faster and has a more reliable hitbox.

D

Deleted member

I played a bit of Corrin yesterday.
Corrin feels amazing to be honest; I am especially a fan of their neutral and side specials. I'm also a fan of their nair and uair, which are great for spacing and even comboing. I am not a fan of bair; it will be good for recovering, but it's a bit weird that you get pushed forward from it (that and I'm salty that it caused me to die >_>).
My issue with Corrin so far is that it's hard to get the KO at times; they'll need to work for it. Otherwise, I am enjoying Corrin and I'll need to play as them a bit more to see if I like their play style.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Corrin is amazing!!! Both of the dlc characters fit my style and I freskimg LOVE corrin. She is sooooo good.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I am not going to school today. #Labbing. Why does Corrin look soooooooooooo good, as well as bayonetta.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Corrin is great. Even though he's a new characater, he instantly clicked with me. The timing on Dragon Lunge threw me off at first but i've got the timing down. I love Corrin's F-Smash and DFS. U-Smash is meh and throws are meh but overall, Corrin's a great character. I just wish the 3DS version got both versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone (3DS only got the remix. But the remix is amazing)

D

Deleted member

Guys, Corrin is SO MUCH FUN. I don't think a character has clicked this well with me ever since I picked up Wario several months back, even Ike.. Really loving her aerials (especially bair <3), and down tilt is such a great combo starter. Haven't done anything too fancy with Dragon Lunge, but I definitely am gonna try to learn all the in and outs of the moves and its applications. I'm sure that stuff like that will be found shortly, especially with how much we've found for Corrin in just a day. Her throws not combo'ing or lack of a kill throw don't deter me, because she's just sheer mad fun to play as in every other regard. I'm planning to dedicate myself to Corrin as a secondary, I see a lot of potential for this character and I can't wait to see what we're all bound to find as the meta grows.

Also, the KamuiDeDe screenshots will be coming today this afternoon! :4dedede::4corrinf:

Yaki

Yamato-Nadeshiko with Good Taste and Opinions
What People from NYC consider Upstate NY.
NNID
GrilledYaki
3DS FC
1891-1180-3868
Red/Blue Corrin or Bust.

Color choice aside, I'm trying my hardest to figure/pull off out some easy combos but I'm assuming that most haven't been developed or that I need to lab as Corrin more.

Shog

Smash Ace
omg Corrin is so badass, I hate that I hated on the character in the past

(mind you, I didn't do it so much that I will be remembered for it)
I love all the transformation and especially the F-Smash is so amazing!

The Female Corrin looks much better than the Male one, but damn I love the Green Alt
(also Pink Corrin is a really bad alt, especially in the dragon form)

Last edited:

ViralN9

Smash Cadet
Gotta say I'm liking what I've seen so far, haven't been able to get my hands on Corrin yet, but he looks strong.

Nah

Smash Champion
idk, I don't think that Corrin's recovery/UpB is bad or anything

but then again I also play :rosalina::4robinf: so......

also omg both versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone are great

though I wish she ran a little faster

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw does somebody knows how to always get the "Dragon Transformation" Victory Screen when you win? I know it has something to do with taunts, but I am not exactly sure what you have to do.

ZephyrYoshi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smashwidget
Corrin is great. Even though he's a new characater, he instantly clicked with me. The timing on Dragon Lunge threw me off at first but i've got the timing down. I love Corrin's F-Smash and DFS. U-Smash is meh and throws are meh but overall, Corrin's a great character. I just wish the 3DS version got both versions of Lost in Thoughts All Alone (3DS only got the remix. But the remix is amazing)
I wouldn't say U-Smash is totally meh. It tippers on enemies standing on Battlefield platforms. (and possibly others, haven't checked)

meowmere

Smash Cadet
Btw does somebody knows how to always get the "Dragon Transformation" Victory Screen when you win? I know it has something to do with taunts, but I am not exactly sure what you have to do.
After a match, you have to press up, down or to the side on the d-pad exactly when “game“ (or whatever it says in your language) appears to choose your victory animations. You just have to figure out which direction corresponds to the dragon transformation pose.

meowmere

Smash Cadet
After a match, you have to press up, down or to the side on the d-pad exactly when “game“ (or whatever it says in your language) appears to choose your victory animations. You just have to figure out which direction corresponds to the dragon transformation pose.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
So, Corrin is simultaneously disappointing and amazing to me. What I knew would be strong, mostly is, but it's the other stuff. Corrin's mobility is bad, not to sugar coat it. Lack of a strong kill confirm is also fairly crippling. On the other hand, Corrin's mid percent combo game is pretty nuts, her damage per hit is very high, and she has very strong raw kill power.

Altogether, She's OK. I see this ending up 1 one of 2 ways:

Corrin's extremely strong spacing and edgeguarding game in addition to strong damage racking and kill power cements her a top 15 spot, and she becomes defined by solid, fundamentally based play. Not a disappointing result

Corrins spacing and edgeguarding game shape up to be far less impressive/important than I anticipated. Corrin is bad.

We will have to wait and see.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Man, I guess I'm the only one in the world who not only refers to Corrin as a "he", but thinks that this is the only instance in the game where there's a character with a male/female variant whose male form looks better than the female form.

Better voice acting, too.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Man, I guess I'm the only one in the world who not only refers to Corrin as a "he", but thinks that this is the only instance in the game where there's a character with a male/female variant whose male form looks better than the female form.

The pink skin put me over the edge for female, its too good. Not to mention the black / gold one.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I wouldn't say U-Smash is totally meh. It tippers on enemies standing on Battlefield platforms. (and possibly others, haven't checked)
I should try that. Thanks for the tip (uninentional pun)

Nope, i refer to Corrin as "he" as well.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
The issue I have with Bair as a neutral option is that it gives Corrin a forward momentum that can make it hard to land a hit sometimes. I personally like RAR-ing with Fair because it's faster and has a more reliable hitbox.
It's bad If you want to constantly be approaching in neutral. If your plan is to constantly be aggressive, of course it wont work. But if you have the percent lead and are in neutral, theres no reason to approach. Bair is amazing in that sense. The problem with fair is that it isn't safe on sheild. Bair is plus 1 on sheild, as well as having that momentum shift to put you (likely) out of the way of a hard punish if its perfect sheilded.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Tried Corrin out last night, and I'm LOVING him. Seriously, I'm having a BLAST with his dragon lunge and range. Sorry Mewtwo, but I think you've been replaced by a new DLC character! Corrin is just too much fun!

Hell, I might even have a new replacement for my main if we're going that far. There's so much I have to experiment with his side b and down tilt.

And oh man. Lost in Thoughts All Alone. Don't even get me started on that. FE music is usually good, but this one is so much more.

Where do you think she is going to place on the tier list?
This is just first impressions, but Corrin's looking like between mid and high tier.

Top Bottom