• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I've got 7 dollars in my wallet.
If neither my parents or sister want to use their credit cards to buy Cornmui for me, I will pay them to.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I just love Sakurai's humor in this pictures.
Corrin's don't seem too referential, even knowing Fate's plot, but you're right. Most of the characters have some great references there.

On the Corrin subject, his face looks soooo much better here than it did in the trailer. It seemed off before, but now it's nice and crisp.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
I am probably going to do a training mode session for both corrin first. Also, the UK vid shows off corrin's like potential more with Dragon Lunge imo. Also Bayonetta sounds kinda annoying with the OWWW.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Bayonetta and Corrin are hyped, maining both more than likely unless I despise them like with what happened with Cloud, but i like the way they play from the looks of it. I think my new birthday is February 3rd, 2016

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I love how Bayonetta channels her inner Wii Fit Trainer and still strikes a pose when she hits the screen.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Here's another video showcasing Corrin, with a very cool victory animation.
We've seen two so far. The first is his digging his sword into the ground, the second is him transforming. Please let the last one be his Fates one where he turns around with his sword behind him.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
We've seen two so far. The first is his digging his sword into the ground, the second is him transforming. Please let the last one be his Fates one where he turns around with his sword behind him.
I actually did not like that one, i liked the female one better

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I've got 7 dollars in my wallet.
If neither my parents or sister want to use their credit cards to buy Cornmui for me, I will pay them to.
Dude, I bought $20 worth of eshop cards right before the December Smash video just in case. I'm all set to get them too.
I actually did not like that one, i liked the female one better
Didn't realize Corrin's animations were gender specific. That's awesome.

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Can't wait for my doubles tournament on Sunday(After Corrin's Release) gonna be doing With Lunge Corrin x Bayo

BellaLunaWolf

Smash Cadet
NNID
BellaLunaWolf
3DS FC
5026-4611-0782
Heck yeah! February's gonna be one helluva month~
My wish for a release happening sooner rather than later came true. Gonna buy both Corrin and Bayo ASAP on the 3rd. xD

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
I CAN'T KEEP TRACK OF ALL THESE NOTIFICATIONS

Also, on an unrelated note, the video with Bayo, Corrin, Pit and Marth, at 0:58 did they buff Marth's dash attack range?

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Corrin seems a bit faster than expected. Hopefully this will assuage some fears over in the moveset thread.
Yeah Corrin doesn't look like the epitome of speed, but not super slow either.

I guess the lab session will be next Wednesday. Hooray! I'll try and find stuff but I'll probably float back to Cloud after a bit cause if he remains unchanged he'll still be the most prime for me.

Last edited:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Fantastic, I can do my road to Evo with Corrin at all of my planned tournaments now. :]

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My parents just agreed to cough up the money on Wednesday. Yes!

Anyway, now that I've seen Corrin in actual combat, here's my thoughts on Corrin's moveset.
- His aerial attacks have huge hitboxes. This makes them potentially good for edgeguarding, protecting himself in the air, and catching air dodges. Some of them seem safe in neutral to. He also pulled off a decent Fair -> Uair combo that that brought Bayonetta from 42% to 52%. Overall they seem pretty good, with the exception of Dair.
- Tilts doesn't seem terrible fast. I don't think they're things you'll use unless you're fairly sure they hit. Good thing his jab seems fast.
- Dragon Fang shot doesn't seem amazing, but it doesn't seem horrible either. In the second video, he followed one up with a Dash Attack which Bayonetta slipped out of. I think F-smash might be a good follow up sometimes though.
- Dash attack looks meh. Good range, but not powerful nor safe. I'm gonna call that move Dragon Rush, btw. Though 'Zard's Dragon Rush is really good.
- Counter Surge seems fast and powerful. It killed Bayonetta at 80% with 55% rage, though I don't know how powerful her Smash Attacks are.
- Dragon Ascent has some pretty good range. It also damaged Bayonetta as she stood on the ledge when he ledge-snapped, similarly to how Marth's Dolphin Slash does. It seems like a good recovery move.
- Dragon Fang Shot doesn't seem as useful as Zamus's Paralyze, though it seems decent in neutral I guess.
- Didn't see Cornmui's throws get used much. Can't say much on them.

Overall, I'd say her playstyle makes me think of a weaker Ike, but a bit safer and with a few more tools at her disposal. If I had to guess, I'd say she'd be somewhere in the mid tier. I'm no expert, though, so take my words with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I really want to know how it'll look when Kirby uses Dragon Fang Shot.
Will Kirby's tiny little arm turn into a huge dragon's mouth or will he shoot and bite with his actual mouth? Either one of those sounds kind of horrifying, actually.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
So so happy it's the 3rd and not like the day before Fates comes out or something. The wait would have killed me.
I'm so hype right now. Just 3-4~ more days!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Here's an English victory pose. We've seen the pose itself, but here's the actual quote.
Hmm... the trailer made his voice sound about as deep as Robin's, but it's notably higher here. Interesting... well, I guess I'll wait till we get him to pass judgement. I think he's fine so far... especially since he's probably Simba.

I totally called it on Corrin and Bayonetta being released the first week of february
Good job. I had my doubts, but I'm glad to be eating my words.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Bayonetta... Corrin... Bay... Corn... BayCorn... Bacon. Yeah... I'm hungry. Also, I can't wait for the BayCo(r)n (ft. Kevin Bacon) patch. :p

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Here's an English victory pose. We've seen the pose itself, but here's the actual quote.
"That went well." Ha, it just sounds so casual. I hope that's also one of his victory quotes in Fates.
Also I watched the full video just because.

Bayonetta's screams...wow. That one "aaaaaaaah" is gonna get old really fast. It's a shame to, because the rest of her voice acting is so good.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
"That went well." Ha, it just sounds so casual. I hope that's also one of his victory quotes in Fates.
Also I watched the full video just because.

Bayonetta's screams...wow. That one "aaaaaaaah" is gonna get old really fast. It's a shame to, because the rest of her voice acting is so good.
Well, canonically she gets off on fighting, so maybe she's...well...yeah.

Tarastel

Claymore
NNID
Tarastel
In celebration to this day, here is an awesome remake of Aqua's song!

Also I really hope someone can upload that tournament onto Youtube. Those sets were some of the best I've seen in Smash 4 so far.

Top Bottom