• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I just woke up. Can't wait for the 3rd. Here's the perfect video to celebrate

Also, because Corrin comes out 3 days from now, i feel the need to post this:
I love this video so much... it's strangely catchy

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
Didn't want to spoil myself too much by watching Corrin's gameplay. Did the people in video using him change to a different color palette? I'd like to know if the dragon form also matches the different colors of Corrin's armor.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Didn't want to spoil myself too much by watching Corrin's gameplay. Did the people in video using him change to a different color palette? I'd like to know if the dragon form also matches the different colors of Corrin's armor.
In the trailer changed
No one used alt other than default Fcorrin

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Do you guys think Corrin will be available in the early hours of February 3rd (5 to 6 AM) or will he be released at like, Noon?

I love this video so much... it's strangely catchy
Shin Megami TensixFire Emblem wins 2015/2016 Game of the Year award thanks to that scene.

All jokes aside, that video will be my alarm clock for the 3rd and 19th of February.

Aw man. Bayonetta's knockback scream is already sounding pretty annoying lol
They need to patch that. That knockback screen is gonna be the main reason i won't like fighting Bayonetta. Actually, that knockback scream is making me want to use Bayonetta for only Classic and All-Star modes. I know its a silly thing to complain about but that "Ahhhh!" is really annoying. I know a friend who's gonna pick Bayonetta just to annoy me.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Do you guys think Corrin will be available in the early hours of February 3rd (5 to 6 AM) or will he be released at like, Noon?
It'll be late in the day for you (probably into the evening/night), since it's being released in the afternoon of the 4th here and in Japan

Edit:apparently NoA's twitter post says "afternoon of the 3rd", so there you go. It'll be pretty late in Europe by the time they're released, though.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
It'll be late in the day for you (probably into the evening/night), since it's being released in the afternoon of the 4th here and in Japan
Dang it. I'll have to go through school before i can play him. At least Wednesday is early release day (school for me on Wednesday ends at 1:20PM instead of 2:20PM) but i'll have to go through 80 minutes of Geometry and 45 minutes of Chemistry and i guarantee that the time i spend there will feel doubled.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
In fire emblem fates, are sorcerers still good or have they been reduced to trash? I've been seeing differing opionions on the internet.
I hear they're glass canons. They hit very hard, but their defenses and speed aren't that great. Nosferatu, the only dark spell, has been nerfed alongside the skill Vengeance so they can't use that combo to tank. Also they can hit an S-rank in tomes, most people consider them outclassed by the DLC Witch class, which is faster and also able to S-rank tomes.

Overall, I hear they're usable, but that if you get the DLC the Witch class is preferred.
Well stat wise Odin is one of the best units of Fates.
Yeah, buta good chunk of that is his attack growth - something Scorcer's don't use.
I still feel that Azura should have been added to Smash instead of Corrin.
I feel she'd be a lot less unique than Corrin, ironcially because she'd be more like the other sword fighters.
Her primary way of fighting is with a naginata or spear. This means long ranged disjoint attacks, mostly likely with a Marth-like tipper. Maybe she could mix it up with water moves, but Corrin's Dragon Fang seems a lot more unique than anything Azura probably could of done.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

Yep, its in the afternoon. Wednesday is gonna be slow. The 19th will be even slower.

How dare the school system interfere with out priorities.

On the bright side, the Eshop traffic won't be as slow by the time i get home to download Corrin.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I feel she'd be a lot less unique than Corrin, ironcially because she'd be more like the other sword fighters.
Her primary way of fighting is with a naginata or spear. This means long ranged disjoint attacks, mostly likely with a Marth-like tipper. Maybe she could mix it up with water moves, but Corrin's Dragon Fang seems a lot more unique than anything Azura probably could of done.
That... What? The fact she uses a spear already makes her unique. The only "other" weapon users in Smash are the Ice Climbers who got cut in Smash 4, Palutena, and Triple D. Sure, you could add Rosalina, but she only uses her wand for her jab and pummel. Everyone who uses weapons in Smash uses swords. It was a giant reason people asked for Krystal because she could have used her staff which became irrelevant in Assault, but had a functional moveset in Adventures courtesy of Fox. If anything, a spear would make Azura a bit like Palutena, sweeping motions, and Shulk, long-ranged stabs and thrusts. The other "unique" thing would be Azura, Ephraim, or Krystal could fit as a "traditional" spear or polearm user. Pally's pretty much a mage-like one who supplements her other moves... Seriously, Pally's hit speed with her staff is horrendously slow for no reason. Meanwhile, Cloud and his Buster Sword...

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I hear they're glass canons. They hit very hard, but their defenses and speed aren't that great. Nosferatu, the only dark spell, has been nerfed alongside the skill Vengeance so they can't use that combo to tank. Also they can hit an S-rank in tomes, most people consider them outclassed by the DLC Witch class, which is faster and also able to S-rank tomes.

Overall, I hear they're usable, but that if you get the DLC the Witch class is preferred.
Yeah, buta good chunk of that is his attack growth - something Scorcer's don't use.
Yeah but she could sing, summon water and toss javelins.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My point isn't that they couldn't make Azura unique, it's that Corrin had even more potential to be unique. It's like a Chrom vs Robin scenerio - Sakurai considered Chrom, but added Robin because he could use his magic to help set himself apart. Comparing naginatas to swords was kind of a rough comparison because I was imagining her moveset wouldn't have a lot more than generic disjointed sweeps and thrust with potentially water here and there to mix it up. And how would singing even work? They'd have to completely change its effects, like they did with Jigglypuff's rest or something.

I guess my point is that Corrin is just a lot more flashy than she would of been.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I basically planned already which class I'm promoting everyone to for Fates. Even if the choices might be bad for the character in question.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I just realized that Dragon form Corrin have weird hands instead of what I automatically assumed was hooves.

This is weirding me out so much, it's more a water monkey girafe stag with wings than a dragon.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Someone wrote an article on that, actually.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/01/30/whynotazura/
Didn't know there was an argument about this. Azura never crossed my mind as a potential candidate for Smash. But then again, I don't know who she is and what she's capable of doing.

Sounded like this Robin over Chrom **** all over again, but to a lesser extent.

On a side note, I added $20 to my eShop balance, bringing me a total to $35. Therefore, I have enough to get both Corrin and Bayonetta by the time they come out.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Being sour is in these days.

Will also be doing the smart thinking and go ahead and set up my account with enough to pick up the last two characters~.....and Ashley Mii outfit

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My point isn't that they couldn't make Azura unique, it's that Corrin had even more potential to be unique. It's like a Chrom vs Robin scenerio - Sakurai considered Chrom, but added Robin because he could use his magic to help set himself apart. Comparing naginatas to swords was kind of a rough comparison because I was imagining her moveset wouldn't have a lot more than generic disjointed sweeps and thrust with potentially water here and there to mix it up. And how would singing even work? They'd have to completely change its effects, like they did with Jigglypuff's rest or something.

I guess my point is that Corrin is just a lot more flashy than she would of been.
Then that's the developers' fault not the characters'. A lot of characters in Smash suffer from this and it's really evident that the DLC characters look and feel more unique. Dark Pit being relegated to literally Pit 2 is incredibly stupid when the developers were responsible for Kid Icarus: Uprising and the all the weapons in Uprising. Zelda's Up Smash is basically a "longer" version of Utilt and Fair and Bair are practically the same moves while having the same pose as other flying kicks found on Dr. Mario, Melee Falco, Fox, Link, Luigi, Mario, pre-Smash 4 Samus, Young Link, and Yoshi. Falco's Specials outside of Reflector are just variations and even a move Fox used; Falco's Blaster is 64 Fox's Blaster, Fire Bird is basically a multi-hit Fire Fox with less distance and crap hitboxes, and Falco Phantasm is a "reverse" Fox Illusion that sends airborne people down rather than up on grounded and airborne people up. Wolf's? Wolf Blaster is the only projectile to have a melee hitbox and a projectile hitbox, Fire Wolf is also a multi-hit, but has different, faster startup, different "element", and different animation rather than just different hit while being inferior in every way, and Wolf Flash travels at an angle and has a balanced way of spiking only where Wolf reappears rather than the cluster **** that is the longest spike in the game, Falco Phantasm. Hell, even Wolf's Reflector could be considered unique because of its look and because it was the closest thing to a Melee Shine with its hitbox and low recovery unlike Fox's which became more defensive and purely for reflecting and stalling and Falco's which became more offensive and versatile since it can be used to poke.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I drew this Friday but I just remembered to scan it.

But my question while drawing this was "Is it February yet?"

Well, now my question is...
"Is it Wednesday yet?"
...I guess I'll continue the combo...might as well, right?

Last edited:

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Having watched the first gameplay, and I'm genuinely excited for Corrin. Dragon Fang looks awesome, and the ability to pin down opponents with that lance will be useful.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just realized that Dragon form Corrin have weird hands instead of what I automatically assumed was hooves.

This is weirding me out so much, it's more a water monkey girafe stag with wings than a dragon.
Ya know, Corrin's bizarre dragon form has been bugging me for a while to, so I decided to do some poking around the internet to see if I could find what sort dragon it's based off of. Well, if I'm correct, it may not be based off of a dragon at all, but instead of sort of dragon-ish creature - the Qilin(or Kirin as it's know in Japan).

I'm going to quote a lot of writing, so I'm going to spoiler it to conserve space.
From Wikipedia:
Qilin generally have Chinese dragon-like features. Most notably their heads, eyes with thick eyelashes, manes that always flow upward and beards. The body is fully or partially scaled and often shaped like an ox, deer, or horse. Always shown with cloven hooves. In modern times, the depictions of qilin have often fused with the Western concept of unicorns.
Aside from the fact that Corrin shaves, that sounds about right.

In Buddhist influenced depictions, they will refuse to walk upon grass for fear of harming a single blade, and thus are often depicted walking upon the clouds or the water. As they are divine and peaceful creature, their diets do not include flesh. They take great care when they walk to never tread on a living creature, and appear only in areas ruled by a wise and benevolent leader, which can include a household. They can become fierce if a pure person is threatened by a malicious one, spouting flames from their mouths and exercising other fearsome powers that vary from story to story.
Corrin was born to a "benevolent leader", and that last sentence about a pure person being harmed...Chapter 5, anyone?

In legend, the qilin became a stylized representation of the giraffe in the Ming Dynasty.[5][6] The identification of the qilin with giraffes began after Zheng He's voyage to East Africa (landing, among other places, in modern-day Somalia). The Ming Dynasty bought giraffes from the Somali merchants along with zebras, incense, and various other exotic animals.[7] Zheng He's fleet brought back two giraffes to Nanjing, and they were referred to as "qilins".[8] The Emperor proclaimed the giraffes magical creatures, whose capture signaled the greatness of his power.

The identification between the qilin and the giraffe is supported by some attributes of the qilin, including its vegetarianism and quiet nature. Its reputed ability to "walk on grass without disturbing it" may be related to the giraffe's long, thin legs. Also the qilin is described as having antlers like a deer and scales like a dragon or fish; since the giraffe has horn-like "ossicones" on its head and a tessellated coat pattern that looks like scales it is easy to draw an analogy between the two creatures. The identification of qilin with giraffes has had lasting influence: even today, the same word is used for the mythical animal and the giraffe in both Korean and Japanese.[9]
So huh, it seems that Corrin very may well be a giraffe-unicorn-stag-dragon. The one big whole in this is that I've been unable to find a qilin depiction with wings, but they may of just done that to make Corrin more dragon-like. Either way, it seems like Qilin are actually a pretty huge deal in eastern cultures, including Japan - and Fates might just have the most Japanese influence to date.

There's a lot of different depictions of Qilin/Kirin, but here's a few I think look kind of like Corrin(wait, Kirin? Corrin? Oh, I get it.)

And, of course, the single most important Qilin of the all(and one that's been compared to Corrin on numerous occasions)

...Have I ever mentioned that I'm a huge geek? Because I am.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

HELLO, CORRINS. IT IS ME, FELIX THE CAT.

Today, I'm going to tell you all something.

King Dedede is the best anime swordsman in Smash. :4dedede:
Here are the reasons why:

• The hammer is mightier than the sword.
  • Check out those anime eyes and that smile. So kawaii.:4dedede:
  • He's more buff than Marth, Ike, Cloud, Shulk, Roy & cuter than female Robin, Lucina and female Corrin!
  • He has the biggest average reach of any character in Smash 4. Eat ****, Ike. Corrin may beat him, but he's not out yet so Dedede still has the crown.
  • Check out that sick, finely made robe and shirt. No other Fire Emblem character looks that fancy. They may have capes, but it doesn't matter when Dedede has a robe with authentic fur on it. You know another badass who has a coat?

JOTARO KUJO.
I hope you learned something new from this post. Thank you for reading this.

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Just look at that big hunk of... mass...

I feel like I'm already at A support with him by just looking into his eyes...

Please, penguin-senpai, touch me with your gloves...~

Nah

Smash Champion
Felix I thought you were a penguin not a cat

Also does Dedede really have the longest range in the game? I thought that was Shulk.

ZephyrZ ZephyrZ Nice find! I was actually thinking it might be based on a asian dragon, as Fates is inspired by japanese culture as you stated.
Nah, asian dragons are very serpentine. Though the Qilin is also an asian mythological creature.

D

Deleted member

Just look at that big hunk of... mass...

I feel like I'm already at A support with him by just looking into his eyes...

Please, penguin-senpai, touch me with your gloves...~
Yes, fall in love with the King <3

Felix I thought you were a penguin not a cat

Also does Dedede really have the longest range in the game? I thought that was Shulk.

Nah, asian dragons are very serpentine. Though the Qilin is also an asian mythological creature.
Nah, I'm a cat-bear-rabbit-thing. I lied on both accounts.

Last edited by a moderator:

WispBae

Tsundere Princess
NNID
The-Wispy
3DS FC
5343-7751-0954
Yes, fall in love with the King <3

Nah, I'm a cat-bear-rabbit-thing. I lied on both accounts.
How can I trust the king when you lied to us about you? Everything I used to know 3 minutes ago is a lie ;~;

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
I drew this Friday but I just remembered to scan it.

But my question while drawing this was "Is it February yet?"

Well, now my question is...
"Is it Wednesday yet?"

HOLY CRAP! These are super well done! You're a really great artist!

• He's more buff than Marth, Ike, Cloud, Shulk, Roy & cuter than female Robin, Lucina and female Corrin!
  • He has the biggest average reach of any character in Smash 4. Eat ****, Ike. Corrin may beat him, but he's not out yet so Dedede still has the crown.
  • Check out that sick, finely made robe and shirt. No other Fire Emblem character looks that fancy. They may have capes, but it doesn't matter when Dedede has a robe with authentic fur on it. You know another badass who has a coat?

JOTARO KUJO.

Well that was..... enlightening.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was gonna post my classes for everyone except the children but this page keeps reloading every minute and I lose everything I type.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
It is strange that Azura isn't at least getting a trophy in 3DS version, like Xander and Ryoma. I'd of liked trophies of all siblings, and for both versions of Smash, the Fire Emblem section of the trophy gallery on Wii U just looks so barren, not counting the playable character trophies.
Oh well, Lost In Thoughts All Alone is Azura's song, so at least she gets recognition there.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
It is strange that Azura isn't at least getting a trophy in 3DS version, like Xander and Ryoma. I'd of liked trophies of all siblings, and for both versions of Smash, the Fire Emblem section of the trophy gallery on Wii U just looks so barren, not counting the playable character trophies.
Oh well, Lost In Thoughts All Alone is Azura's song, so at least she gets recognition there.
I was wondering that too. It's like getting Robin without a Chrom trophy.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999

If only I could draw this good. You are an amazing artist.

JOTARO KUJO.

The hammer is mightier than the sword? You might want to take a look at the weapon triangle.

I was actually kinda hoping we got an Azura Mii costume. I've been trying to recreate her in the Mii Maker but her hairstyle, eye color, and hair color aren't options. And i'm still surprised she doesn't have a trophy. But she's recognized with her signature song twice so that's something at least. Maybe she'll appear in Corrin's third victory animation like how Chrom occasionally appears with Robin.

Top Bottom