• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Yeah, they really mismanaged Pit and Dark Pit. Would have been better off giving Pit his Brawl moveset (and arrow animation) and giving Dark Pit his moveset (but give him Smash 4 Pit's arrows). But I guess Dark Pit was a very late addition to the game so it was too late to go back. But that's something that really needs to be rectified in the next Smash.

But then again, they can dedicate much more individual time to the DLC characters since there's no longer an entire cast of characters to manage at once, so these DLC newcomers feeling so unique is a natural reward for that.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ok these are all the units exclusing children what I'd promote them to

Silas - Great Knight
Peri - Paladin
Charlotte - Berserker
Arthur- Hero
Selena- Hero
Laslow- Bow Knight
Effie- General
Benny- Great Knight
Niles- Adventurer
Beruka- Wyvern Lord
Odin- Sorcerer
Nyx- Dark Knight
Elise- Strategist
Hinata- Weapon Master
Hana- Swordmaster
Mozu- Great Merchant
Kaze- Master Ninja
Saizou- Master Ninja
Kagero- Mechanist
Rinkah- Blacksmith
Oboro- Holy Lancer
Orochi- Onmyoji
Hayato- Basara
Azama- Mountain Priest
Sakura- War Priestess
Hinoka- Falcon Warrior
Subaki- Golden-Kite Warrior
Takumi- Golden-Kite Warrior
Setsuna- Holy Bowman

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So I'm sure most of us know that the two anticipated characters have been confirmed for this Thursday. IF you haven't here's a video with the information: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br8j4eojpCM

While watching the video (in the description of the video above) I felt that his/ her f-air seemed to be a better version of Marth's, and that the use of side-special for recovery was very interesting, and looks like a solid mix-up to keep things fresh. What are your thoughts?
This doesn't really warrant its own thread, so I am merging the associated posts into the social.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
ZephyrZ ZephyrZ Nice find! I was actually thinking it might be based on a asian dragon, as Fates is inspired by japanese culture as you stated.
If anything, those wings of his give him more in common with western dragons than any Asian ones I've ever seen.
The hammer is mightier than the sword? You might want to take a look at the weapon triangle.
If you ignore the weapon triangle, the general trend is that axes trade accuracy for more power, while swords have a bit less power but more accuracy. Generally speaking, the hammer is in fact mightier than the sword.

Triple-:201d: still best waifu.
Nah, asian dragons are very serpentine. Though the Qilin is also an asian mythological creature.
Well, I think you occasionally see Chinese dragon statues with lion-like bodies, though Corrin has far more in common with a deer than a lion.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
How is it I wasn't getting reply notifications here? Did the notice blend in with @GunBlaze's like bombardment?

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

ATTENTION ALL PASSENGERS

NEXT STOP: FEBRUARY 3RD
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL TIME: 3 DAYS

I REPEAT

NEXT STOP: FEBRUARY 3RD
ESTIMATED ARRIVAL TIME: 3 DAYS

THANK YOU FOR RIDING THE SMASH HYPE TRAIN. PLEASE RIDE WITH US AGAIN SOMEDAY.

D

Deleted member

What about that whole Corrin tournament? Corrination/Corrin in the House/Whatever we're calling it.

Has a date been decided for that yet?
If the name for the tournaments isn't voted on as "Corrin in the House" I will hate this entire board.

But for realsies, I'm wondering about that too. Is there a thread for it?

Ivander

Smash Legend
I hear they're glass canons. They hit very hard, but their defenses and speed aren't that great. Nosferatu, the only dark spell, has been nerfed alongside the skill Vengeance so they can't use that combo to tank. Also they can hit an S-rank in tomes, most people consider them outclassed by the DLC Witch class, which is faster and also able to S-rank tomes.

Overall, I hear they're usable, but that if you get the DLC the Witch class is preferred.
Exorcists are the more glass cannon-like class, since they are fast and hit hard, but have weak defenses. Sorcerers are actually beefy spellcasters and have higher defense than most magic classes and the 2nd highest-numbered Resistance at 33(highest being 34). Also, while Sorcerers share an innate Crit Bonus with the Witch, Sorcerers also have an innate Hit Bonus and Critical Evade bonus. The reason why Witches are considered "better" is mostly because there are alot of skills that allow you to do damage regardless of Defense and Resistance, like Aggressor in Awakening, so tanking is often looked down upon(despite it being viable to an extent still.)

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
I hear they're glass canons. They hit very hard, but their defenses and speed aren't that great. Nosferatu, the only dark spell, has been nerfed alongside the skill Vengeance so they can't use that combo to tank. Also they can hit an S-rank in tomes, most people consider them outclassed by the DLC Witch class, which is faster and also able to S-rank tomes.

Overall, I hear they're usable, but that if you get the DLC the Witch class is preferred.
Yeah, buta good chunk of that is his attack growth - something Scorcer's don't use.
I feel she'd be a lot less unique than Corrin, ironcially because she'd be more like the other sword fighters.
Her primary way of fighting is with a naginata or spear. This means long ranged disjoint attacks, mostly likely with a Marth-like tipper. Maybe she could mix it up with water moves, but Corrin's Dragon Fang seems a lot more unique than anything Azura probably could of done.
Okay thanks. That brings me up to another question however; can just about any unit promote into a dlc class or is it locked to specific classes (ie only a mage can promote into a witch).

Ivander

Smash Legend
Okay thanks. That brings me up to another question however; can just about any unit promote into a dlc class or is it locked to specific classes (ie only a mage can promote into a witch).
Anybody can be a Dread Fighter or Dark Falcon(so nerfed Galeforce for everybody). Ballisticians are stuck to males and Witches are stuck to females.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
If the name for the tournaments isn't voted on as "Corrin in the House" I will hate this entire board.

But for realsies, I'm wondering about that too. Is there a thread for it?
Sorry to disappoint but....

Screen shot 2016-01-31 at 4.44.29 PM.png

"Corrination" won it fair and square.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think any can be any as long as you're the right gender.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
I wish the other FE characters had unique intros. Like, Ike could jump in and slash a group of soldiers, Robin could float in and take their hood off, Lucina could jump in through the same portal in that one Awakening cutscene, etc...

I have no idea what Marth and Roy could do though.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Exorcists are the more glass cannon-like class, since they are fast and hit hard, but have weak defenses. Sorcerers are actually beefy spellcasters and have higher defense than most magic classes and the 2nd highest-numbered Resistance at 33(highest being 34). Also, while Sorcerers share an innate Crit Bonus with the Witch, Sorcerers also have an innate Hit Bonus and Critical Evade bonus. The reason why Witches are considered "better" is mostly because there are alot of skills that allow you to do damage regardless of Defense and Resistance, like Aggressor in Awakening, so tanking is often looked down upon(despite it being viable to an extent still.)
I'm still told they're still a lot less beefy than in Awakening, even if their defense is better than that of the Exorcist, especially with the universal HP nerf. I'm told the only really "before" magic classes Dark Knight and Malign Knight.

Though of course, this isn't from personal experience. I'm just repeating things I've been told.

D

Deleted member

I wish the other FE characters had unique intros. Like, Ike could jump in and slash a group of soldiers, Robin could float in and take their hood off, Lucina could jump in through the same portal in that one Awakening cutscene, etc...

Oh my god. The Robin one sounds so cool. I don't know why they didn't do that instead.

I kinda wish there was a taunt that'd let Robin keep his hood on, same for Lucina so she can keep her mask on.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
You COULD have went for "Corrin on the cob", but you blew your chance to make a superior pun.

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165

Ooh, just keep Marth's how it is and have Roy ride in on Eliwood's horse. Bam.

Oh my god. The Robin one sounds so cool. I don't know why they didn't do that instead.

I kinda wish there was a taunt that'd let Robin keep his hood on, same for Lucina so she can keep her mask on.
It was such a missed opportunity...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod

Ike's seems to be a reference to the Black Knight's Warp Powder, so that's fine for him... Now, everyone else on the other hand... Robin could have had something like Robin falls down or is laying on the ground and wakes up as a reference to Awakening's intro and Lucina really should be jumping through a portal. For Marth and Roy... I don't know... Marth warping is fine since Warp was introduced in the first Fire Emblem, so Ike could do without having a Warp Powder entrance and just inexplicably land with Aether. Where he come from, nobody will know just like nobody really knows how Little Mac runs into a match, but it'll look cool. As for Roy, maybe he could drop off of a horse? A reference to his father's promotion being a Knight Lord or as sinister as it would be, Roy could enter through a blaze of fire like Bowser.

Last edited:

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
Ike's seems to be a reference to the Black Knight's Warp Powder, so that's fine for him... Now, everyone else on the other hand... Robin could have had something like Robin falls down or is laying on the ground and wakes up as a reference to Awakening's intro and Lucina really should be jumping through a portal. For Marth and Roy... I don't know... Marth warping is fine since Warp was introduced in the first Fire Emblem, so Ike could do without having a Warp Powder entrance and just inexplicably land with Aether. Where he come from, nobody will know just like nobody really knows how Little Mac runs into a match, but it'll look cool. As for Roy, maybe he could drop off of a horse? A reference to his father's promotion being a Knight Lord. Or as sinister as it would be, Roy could enter through a blaze of fire like Bowser.
I totes agree on Roy and Robin but

so Ike could do without having a Warp Powder entrance and just inexplicably land with Aether.
Ike's needs to be this.

I won't accept it any other way.:4myfriends:

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ike needs to come in with Elincia's Pegasus and Roy comes in with Eliwoods horse from a previous post.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Ike's needs to be this.

I won't accept in any other way.:4myfriends:
What would he do with Lucia!? Just toss her off the stage? Oh, real nice, Ike. Just delay her death with false hope. :p

It could be done with comedy; random soldiers looking around confused and Ike just tackles them out of the way. Or a "reverse" of Cloud's entrance. Cloud enters the stage and then catches his sword while Ragnell would just be on the stage and Ike just runs up and grabs it ready to fight... Eh... That actually might work more with Roy and totally explain why his sword is so dull which his current entrance already does... ROY! STOP STABBING THE FREAKING GROUND!

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979
No. "Corrins in the House" won fair and square once the SMASH ANNOUNCER himself said it.
Correction! He said "CORY" in the House, therefore your argument is invalid. :p

*GET OUTMEMED SON*
*THE DREAM IS DEAD, GG*
*LONG LIVE THE CORRINATION*

Devil May Plop

BANG BANG BANG
NNID
HalfDampKitenSox
3DS FC
0302-0852-2165
What would he do with Lucia!? Just toss her off the stage? Oh, real nice, Ike. Just delay her death with false hope. :p
Oh, she'll be fiiiiinnnneeeee.

It could be done with comedy; random soldiers looking around confused and Ike just tackles them out of the way. Or a "reverse" of Cloud's entrance. Cloud enters the stage and then catches his sword while Ragnell would just be on the stage and Ike just runs up and grabs it ready to fight... Eh... That actually might work more with Roy and totally explain why his sword is so dull which his current entrance already does... ROY! STOP STABBING THE FREAKING GROUND!
Well, it seems to work out for him, the sword's lasting more than 25 hits.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Top Bottom