• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Just watched the English Fates footage, and I can't tell if Corrin is Cam Clarke or not. He doesn't say enough.
Hinoka sounds like E.G. Daily though, lol.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

How did I completely ignore the English voices of the Nohr siblings from that 15 minute gameplay video from GameXplain?

D

Deleted member

real talk, did we become the Robin social 2.0

'cos like everyone I know in the Robin social is in here, which is cool anyways. Y'all are dope. :dkmelee:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Because they aren't that comfortable to listen to...
But that didn't happen at all. I literally stopped the video after the gameplay footage finish so I can post them in both the Robin social and here to alert those that wanted to look at gameplay but were cautious of cutscene spoilers so I only looked into the relevant time if they just wanted gameplay.

I never knew about the pre Chapter 6 cutscene until I saw other people discussing the rest of the siblings English voices and that cutscene playing in GameXplain's hands-on preview video.
This song was playing in my head for my failure of even noticing it...

The voices in that Branch of Fate cutscene shown from Corrin's Smash reveal trailer used different tones. Elise doesn't come off as a bratty teenager (at least not as much in Fates than she does in Smash).

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

'cos like everyone I know in the Robin social is in here, which is cool anyways. Y'all are dope. :dkmelee:
Well, Raziek being the Corrin board's moderator kinda sealed the deal; Corrin boards=Robin boards.

But that didn't happen at all. I literally stopped the video after the gameplay footage finish so I can post them in both the Robin social and here to alert those that wanted to look at gameplay but were cautious of cutscene spoilers so I only looked into the relevant time if they just wanted gameplay.

I never knew about the pre Chapter 6 cutscene until I saw other people discussing the rest of the siblings English voices and that cutscene playing in GameXplain's hands-on preview video.
This song was playing in my head for my failure of even noticing it...

The voices in that Branch of Fate cutscene shown from Corrin's Smash reveal trailer used different tones. Elise doesn't come off as a bratty teenager (at least not as much in Fates than she does in Smash).
Ooh.. Uh, okay so. I just watched the GameXplain video and they were talking over it the entire time...Was that the video you were talking about?

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
Yep, I was one of those "Ugh another FE character?" types until I saw his movesets during the trailer. I can safely say that I am satisfied with all three characters (Cloud, Corrin, and Bayonetta). :)

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
I'm satisfied with the voice work thus far, it seems the smash trailer worried us too much.

HOWEVER, JP!Marx >>>>>>>>>>>NA!Xander. Kamina Marx is the best, the deep voice is heart melting, and I'm a guy! Heck they got Mamoru Miyano for Leo in Japan and it's sooooo goood. But NA!Elise is better I feel. So there's that. Praying to Anankos/Hydra for dual audio. It's pretty hard for me to listen to the dub after playing the game in Japanese for 100 hours.

However, they better not mess up the significance of Chapter 6A/B/C, there's an important amount of subtlety and characterization occurring there particularly for Ryoma and Xander.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Nah, I'm using Corrin just because I FE and I like dragons.

Salt did influence my decision to use Lucina and Dark Pit as much as I do, however.
As a fellow Dark Pit and Lucina lover/sub-mainer, high five!

I'm actually very happy with Garon's VA in this.

At the start of the fight I was like just nooooooo you shouldn't put Kaze there! He'll die and when he put Sakura over to the right I was like...rip! You have to really be careful in moving your units in Chapter 5 and use Kamui to both tank and bait out other attacks. I'd also heavily recommend you getting the most mileage out of your allies on chapter 4 to make chapter 5 a smoother experience.
The moment that I heard someone else say how badly the player was, I knew that Andre had to be playing it. Poor guy... I'm not letting him near my army.

It's funny watching this knowing now that Xander's voice actor is completely different!

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
in FE fates please say to me that will have a feature to change the ocidental names for the original ones(KAMUIFOREVER CORRINEVER)

M@v

Subarashii!
You should just be able to type Kamui in as your name if you want to. As for my Awakening, I'd use either my real name or Mav as my male avatar name, and use some female name I like for my female avatar. Probably going to do the same in Fates.

Zantetsugun

Wyvern Lord
NNID
ShiningDestiny
3DS FC
1564-3960-9979

Pretty much exactly what happened. We do love our Fire Emblem!

Why thank you! :happysheep:
"Kamui! Your Dragon Fang is the Fang that will pierce the heavens!!!"

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
No clue what I'm going to name my "Corrin". I stopped naming all my characters "Zach" a little while ago when I started finding it a little cringey. Especially in Awakening, where everyone is always praising Robin for his apparently incredible brains and when Robin says things I find cheesy or cliche.

Maybe I'll name him after a mythological dragon or something.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I recall seeing a picture of Leon and Xander with headsets and mics on looking shocked and dismayed at something and it turned out to be Cloud's back from the FFVII reveal trailer.

Need the same picture but with Corrin's reveal trailer splash.

telex

Corrin and Robin <3
NNID
tellex1
Just watching the gameplay now. Here's my impressions:
  • [*]Takumi is hilarious
    [*]Wonderful music
    [*]Ryoma and Sakura's VAs are pretty good (Ryoma sounds like he might have Chrom's VA to me so that's definitely a good thing in my book lol)
    [*]Kaze's voice is disappointing and not what i'd expected, which is bad because i want to marry my character to him
    [*]Still not a huge fan of the English version of Azura's song, but it sounds better in context here
    [*]I can't believe that dramatic as hell 'kill me if you want' cutscene is at the beginning of the game and seems to have no real bearing on anything, when i saw it in a previous Direct i thought it would be at a pivotal point in the story when they had come to know each other for a long time, and their relationship was being jeopardized over something that Kamui just couldn't control...maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.
    [*]when i first heard 'YOU ARE MY CHILD NOW' out of context in the direct i cried laughing over how cheesy and silly it sounded, but DAMN Garron! you're sounding awesome! and that cutscene was pretty violent.
    [*]OMFG XANDER D: what did they do to the number one husbando? he sounds so lame!!! I'm honestly devastated over this. His Japanese voice was to die for.
    [*]Leon sounds really good to me.
    [*]Elise sounds waaay less bratty than she does in the reveal trailer, which is indeed a happy thing to discover for me. she's just sooo cute, but i knew i couldn't stand her if she talked and acted like a musical theatre kid...my least favourite kind of kid v_v

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
  • [*]I can't believe that dramatic as hell 'kill me if you want' cutscene is at the beginning of the game and seems to have no real bearing on anything, when i saw it in a previous Direct i thought it would be at a pivotal point in the story when they had come to know each other for a long time, and their relationship was being jeopardized over something that Kamui just couldn't control...maybe that was wishful thinking on my part.
On that point, look at the bright side- imagine what else the game could possibly have if a scene like that is just the prologue?

I'm personally really glad to have some definitive words for Azura's song. I've been singing it to myself since the summer and could have sworn that it was completely different... I thought it was-
You are the ocean's great wave,
Destined to see life beyond the shores just out of reach,
Yet the waters ever change,
Flowing like time,
Passes through the ???.
Instead, it's-

You are the ocean's grey wave,
Destined to see life beyond the shore just out of reach,
Yet the waters ever change,
Flowing like time,
The path is yours to climb.

"Grey wave..." black and white is grey... interesting.

D

Deleted member

Completely unrelated to anything but I feel obligated to become the resident Link/Kamui MU expert since that's what I am for the Robin boards, lol.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
I'll probably make a male Corrin for Birthright and Revelations and a female one for Conquest. No clue what I'm going to name the male Corrins (one will probably be Kamui) but I'm naming the female one "Liz" since I just randomly thought of it when playing Awakening with a female avatar. I like it but I don't know where I got it from. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
I'll probably make a male Corrin for Birthright and Revelations and a female one for Conquest. No clue what I'm going to name the male Corrins (one will probably be Kamui) but I'm naming the female one "Liz" since I just randomly thought of it when playing Awakening with a female avatar. I like it but I don't know where I got it from. :p
I played Awakening before Robin was revealed for Smash and I felt comfortable customizing her; however, once she was revealed for Smash, I felt obligated to just use her default settings. This time around, I do not even get to try my own Kamui! But yeah, I am probably just going to use default female for all of my files. I might get a little risque and change her hair color once. Just because.

Arcturian

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Arcturian
Everyone's all butthurt about Corrin getting in, but people forget that Roy got into Melee before his game came out too.

Honestly Corrin looks pretty sweet, can't wait to buy them and Bayonetta.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Hi guys! I'm kind of new but anyway I hope I can become a part of the community! Anyway I see we're talking about Fates! The new gameplay reignited my hype, since the game has been out in Japan for so long, but I'm actually on the fence about getting it because of some things that happen in the story that make me a little upset lol.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
Does the gamexplain video have too many spoilers? I want to hear the VAs but I'm trying really hard not to spoil myself for fates.
:sadsheep:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Everyone's all butthurt about Corrin getting in, but people forget that Roy got into Melee before his game came out too.

Honestly Corrin looks pretty sweet, can't wait to buy them and Bayonetta.
Fates is actually already out in Japan.

The real reason they are butthurt is because [insert character here] didn't make it in and they want thing to blame, and what better to blame than the newest Fire Emblem swordsman?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Does the gamexplain video have too many spoilers? I want to hear the VAs but I'm trying really hard not to spoil myself for fates.
:sadsheep:
How to say this lightly... okay, the video is only the fifth chapter of the game, the one right before you're supposed to make your choice of which side to choose. In a sense, it's not too spoilery since it's so early in the game. ON THE OTHER HAND, what happens in Chapter 5 is pretty heavy stuff and kinda spoilery itself. It's an early game spoiler, but it's a big scene that actually influenced my own decision to choose Hoshido or Nohr (I won't say which). So if you have the willpower, stay away from it. If you're struggling to choose between the physical copy of Birthright or Conquest, this video could help you decide, but it'd be at the cost of a spoiler.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
How to say this lightly... okay, the video is only the fifth chapter of the game, the one right before you're supposed to make your choice of which side to choose. In a sense, it's not too spoilery since it's so early in the game. ON THE OTHER HAND, what happens in Chapter 5 is pretty heavy stuff and kinda spoilery itself. It's an early game spoiler, but it's a big scene that actually influenced my own decision to choose Hoshido or Nohr (I won't say which). So if you have the willpower, stay away from it. If you're struggling to choose between the physical copy of Birthright or Conquest, this video could help you decide, but it'd be at the cost of a spoiler.
Very true. It's actually interesting because I feel like the video can actually push one towards either side, based on the events, or how characters act in general. I'm very conflicted myself. I'd like to go Conquest because I like the characters more, however I'm afraid it'd be too difficult for me. On the other hand, I heard Birthright is more story driven which I would enjoy, but something happens on this route, that I won't spoil, that I just don't like.

IndigoSSB

Back from the dead
I'm getting the special edition so no problem there (I really want that art book), so thanks for the heads up. I'll hold off on watching the video and cry as I quietly wait for fates ;-;

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Very true. It's actually interesting because I feel like the video can actually push one towards either side, based on the events, or how characters act in general. I'm very conflicted myself. I'd like to go Conquest because I like the characters more, however I'm afraid it'd be too difficult for me. On the other hand, I heard Birthright is more story driven which I would enjoy, but something happens on this route, that I won't spoil, that I just don't like.
SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW FATES
I was gung-ho Nohr since the beginning (family is a privilege that you acquire, not a right), but the idea of my mother sacrificing her life to save me, a child that she didn't actually raise, would make me want to find out the answer to the question why Garon tried to kill me. Why does my "father" want me dead and why would he care about me less than the mother who I didn't grow up with? I'd chose Hoshido afterwards for revenge and to avenge my mother's death more than for any reason related to the siblings at all.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW FATES
I was gung-ho Nohr since the beginning (family is a privilege that you acquire, not a right), but the idea of my mother sacrificing her life to save me, a child that she didn't actually raise, would make me want to find out the answer to the question why Garon tried to kill me. Why does my "father" want me dead and why would he care about me less than the mother who I didn't grow up with? I'd chose Hoshido afterwards for revenge and to avenge my mother's death more than for any reason related to the siblings at all.
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD (like very legit spoilers):
I definitely agree. Mikoto sacrificing herself struck a major chord with me. The reason I'm hesitant towards Hoshido more than anything is the fact that Elise ends up sacrificing herself for Marx, and I've already grown really attatched to Elise as a character and knowing her death is certain really makes me upset. (I watched the scene too, I cried a lot). Idk it's honestly a very hard decision for me, I have a hard time with death in games especially when I grow attatched to that character.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD (like very legit spoilers):
I definitely agree. Mikoto sacrificing herself struck a major chord with me. The reason I'm hesitant towards Hoshido more than anything is the fact that Elise ends up sacrificing herself for Marx, and I've already grown really attatched to Elise as a character and knowing her death is certain really makes me upset. (I watched the scene too, I cried a lot). Idk it's honestly a very hard decision for me, I have a hard time with death in games especially when I grow attatched to that character.
MASSIVE SPOILERS. DUDES AND DUDETTES. SERIOUSLY. WE AIN'T TALKING ABOUT CHAPTER 5 ANYMORE...
Both sides lose two siblings, so I'm sure that everyone is going to get attached to most of them and feel that pang of regret each time that they play the game. And heck, I'm so attached to Lazward that I refuse to kill him on the Hoshidan side. I will reset the map if he dies. At least Sakura doesn't get devoured by Faceless like internet rumors said back when the game first came out... I'd never be able to play the Nohr side if that was true.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
MASSIVE SPOILERS. DUDES AND DUDETTES. SERIOUSLY. WE AIN'T TALKING ABOUT CHAPTER 5 ANYMORE...
Both sides lose two siblings, so I'm sure that everyone is going to get attached to most of them and feel that pang of regret each time that they play the game. And heck, I'm so attached to Lazward that I refuse to kill him on the Hoshidan side. I will reset the map if he dies. At least Sakura doesn't get devoured by Faceless like internet rumors said back when the game first came out... I'd never be able to play the Nohr side if that was true.
CONTINUED MASSIVE SPOILERS OH BOY:
I do remember hearing about the rumor, somehow I knew it just didn't fit but can you imagine if that was in the game. All I know about each side losing two is that Elise dies and Sakura does not. Argh it's so hard!! [SUPER MAJOR END GAME SPOILER]
I also know Azura dies at the end in every version but Revelations, which makes me be like why
Anyway, I guess either route will be painful.
I wonder how hard each route is going to be. If I knew I could handle Conquest I'm pretty sure I would go that route immediately.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
So when commentating about DLC chars and all during a set, a buddy of mine who's PR in my region says he's gonna be labbing with Corrin too when he's released. He prefers him by his japanese, Kamui, apparently becuse he's japanese himself; and I admitted I prefer to call Mega Man Rockman (despite me not being Japanese) so I could kinda relate to that lol. We both also really look forward to Fates when it comes out and he tells me he awaits the English version, I forgot to ask but from that I presume he was in Japan awhile back and played the game in Japanese or something.

With him competeting with me and being a better player atm, I probably won't have a shot of being my region's best Corrin/Kamui like I want to, but it'll be a very interesting race between the two of us. Things like these make me even more even hype for his release, February just can't come sooner.

Top Bottom