• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
On my timezone the stream will be on at the 2:15 AM, luckily today is saturday so I don't need to wake up early and I can watch it.
Hope they announce the released date, I can't wait anymore ;_;

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
i didnt find it too hard if you use google translate and just sign up with facebook. Also what are you guys expecting from the demonstration tonight? what are some things you will want to be looking closely at?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
i actually hope they say in their best japanese voice, "Kamui and Bayonetta will be released after this stream!"

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
i actually hope they say in their best japanese voice, "Kamui and Bayonetta will be released after this stream!"
"We said that they'd be released in February, but close enough!"

*flashbacks to Scott Cawthon*

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ok, then February 1st, but Sakurai is a troll soooooo
Sakurai might joke around a little, but he's not an absolutely despicable person who delays releases just to make us suffer.

I mean, I'm not expecting February 1st since that's just too good to be true, but if we don't get it then I doubt it will be because Sakurai has some sick sense of humor.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Well, I believe Andre is not into Fire Emblem so a hypothetical discussion would have to involve Derrick, Ash, and another. They don't seem to care about its removal, and whatever other projects their currently doing enough to do a discussion on it. Even if they did, at least they won't make it a one hour livestream.
When it comes to Fire Emblem related discussions, it usually Derrick+Ted+occasionally ShadowofChaos725. GameXplain's talked about rumors before and even if they didn't care about it, they'd still give their thoughts.

But wait, what about other regions? If that does indeed happen, will the other regions get it at the same time? DLC has usually released at the same time worldwide, right?

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
When it comes to Fire Emblem related discussions, it usually Derrick+Ted+occasionally ShadowofChaos725. GameXplain's talked about rumors before and even if they didn't care about it, they'd still give their thoughts.

But wait, what about other regions? If that does indeed happen, will the other regions get it at the same time? DLC has usually released at the same time worldwide, right?
If they released the characters right after the presentation I think I'm going to bed at something like 10 AM lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Okay so I just heard that Pegasus Warriors are being called Sky Knights.
Sky Knights.

Literally the only difference between a Pegasus Warrior and a Pegasus Knight is that Hoshido is doesn't have knights.
I mean, if they were going to change it back to knight in the localization, they may as well of just called them Pegasus Knights again, but no, they're "sky knights".

...Why?

D

Deleted member

Depends though. Mega man wasn't done when sakurai first played as him during a demo.
That was months before the game even released though.

Whereas for Corrin we know that she is dropping within the next month (likely within the first half of the month), at this point she's likely extremely close to being finished if not completely finished.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Sky Knights.

Literally the only difference between a Pegasus Warrior and a Pegasus Knight is that Hoshido is doesn't have knights.
I mean, if they were going to change it back to knight in the localization, they may as well of just called them Pegasus Knights again, but no, they're "sky knights".

...Why?
Because the class is available to both genders. Then again, so is Troubadour but they didn't rename that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Because the class is available to both genders. Then again, so is Troubadour but they didn't rename that.
Clearly Pegasi have gotten over their fear of men. Excellent.

As for the stream, this is such an odd occurrence I could totally see them dropping them tonight or tomorrow.

Need to go make me a NicoNico account.

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Sky Knights.

...Why?
Well...they're not pegasus, in suport of Severa and (t)subaki baki says that pegasus only like females, but Tenmas acept males as riders... so male a little sense the change

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Clearly Pegasi have gotten over their fear of men. Excellent.

As for the stream, this is such an odd occurrence I could totally see them dropping them tonight or tomorrow.

Fun fact: In Mystery of the Emblem, enemy Pegasus Knights were males.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Sky Knights.

...Why?
There's a lore explanation...

The pegasi in Hoshido are not called "pegasi." In fact, they're a different species that doesn't hate men like the pegasi of other Fire Emblem games do. I forget the name of the species, but it's unique to Fates and likely wouldn't summarize the class well if its name was used. For example, if they were called Pghadf, the class would have been Pghadf Knights, which means nothing to outsiders, hence the generalization as "Sky Knights."

Also, concerning the "Knights" component, Hoshido doesn't have many tank-like classes, but the Sky Knights have good defense, hence them being "Knights" that are in the sky... Sky Warrior wouldn't make as much sense since "Warriors" use axes, as opposed to the lances that Sky Knights and Knights use.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Oh man, wouldn't that be amazing?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well...they're not pegasus, in suport of Severa and (t)subaki baki says that pegasus only like females, but Tenmas acept males as riders... so male a little sense the change
That support was just a piece of BS thrown out to justify something that didn't need to be justified.

I'm not buying that those things are a "completely different species" from the classic FE Pegasus, especially considering that the Falcon Warrior class still have unicorn horns.
There's a lore explanation...

The pegasi in Hoshido are not called "pegasi." In fact, they're a different species that doesn't hate men like the pegasi of other Fire Emblem games do. I forget the name of the species, but it's unique to Fates and likely wouldn't summarize the class well if its name was used. For example, if they were called Pghadf, the class would have been Pghadf Knights, which means nothing to outsiders, hence the generalization as "Sky Knights."

Also, concerning the "Knights" component, Hoshido doesn't have many tank-like classes, but the Sky Knights have good defense, hence them being "Knights" that are in the sky... Sky Warrior wouldn't make as much sense since "Warriors" use axes, as opposed to the lances that Sky Knights and Knights use.
That's like saying Bow Knights shouldn't be called Bow "Knights" because they don't use lances.
Also I thought Pegasus Warriors did have low defense. They're literally just Hoshidan Pegasus Knights.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That support was just a piece of BS thrown out to justify something that didn't need to be justified.

I'm not buying that those things are a "completely different species" from the classic FE Pegasus, especially considering that the Falcon Warrior class still have unicorn horns.
I'm not sure why it's such a problem, myself.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I've not really cared that much about most of the changes, but this one just really bugs me.

It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Well, if you dog dont like your girlfriend, but your cat likes make sense to me (bad example but i dindt think anything better)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Will you guys be posting what happens on the stream while its showing?

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995

Actually, that was addressed, but I was on mobile and didn't feel like typing it out. The "Falcons" are a separate species from "Pegasi," hence the horn. It's never been confirmed that Falcons dislike men, but I've always assumed that they're more fierce and beginners shouldn't ride them, so men who couldn't learn on the Pegasi never could have stood a chance on the Falcons.
That's like saying Bow Knights shouldn't be called Bow "Knights" because they don't use lances.
I was acting under the false impression that the class in Awakening and the other games was "Pegasus Warrior" for some reason. It's actually "Pegasus Knight" after looking again... I think you were mixed up in your original post when you called them "Pegasus Warriors." Check it out here.

Also I thought Pegasus Warriors did have low defense. They're literally just Hoshidan Pegasus Knights.
Maybe I'm making an incorrect assumption. I've seen multiple sources say that Hinoka, Subaki, and Hinoka!Caeldori made for great tanks. Maybe it's just their personal stats if it isn't the class.

How do I make an account on niconoco? Can't find anything...
I found this annoying in the past too, but I think there are tutorials online. Better yet, we should try to see if someone on YouTube is going to be streaming it. That's how I watched the Pokken Fighters live footage when it was announced even though my Niconico account was blocked since there were too many people.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
If you know you're Eastern mythology, they are called "tenma." A tenma is similar to a pegasus.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
Sky Knights = Pegasus Knights. They're the same damn thing, except now they can be dudes. Does it really matter what they're called? Just keep calling them Pegasus Knights if you want.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was acting under the false impression that the class in Awakening and the other games was "Pegasus Warrior" for some reason. It's actually "Pegasus Knight" after looking again... I think you were mixed up in your original post when you called them "Pegasus Warriors." Check it out here.
I guess I may of worded it badly, but what bugs me is that they weren't called knights this time in the Japanese version. That's what actually bugged me, not that they weren't called Pegasus. Knights are a European thing.
I wouldn't of had a problem if they called them Sky Samurai. I was really saying "if the localization team changed them back to 'knights', they may as well of called them Pegasus Knights again."

I guess I sent the wrong message across to everyone.
Maybe I'm making an incorrect assumption. I've seen multiple sources say that Hinoka, Subaki, and Hinoka!Caeldori made for great tanks. Maybe it's just their personal stats if it isn't the class.
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/growth-rates/
It's the characters. The pegasus warrior class and its promotions have a 0% growth rate in defense.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/hoshidan-classes/growth-rates/
It's the characters. The pegasus warrior class and its promotions have a 0% growth rate in defense.
Oh... note to self... don't throw Subaki in front of all the enemies... (oh, he has a 45% growth rate, so he should be fine... I hope).

Almost less than an hour away from Corrin footage! I just logged into my account and hopefully none of us will be kicked. I'm killing time setting up my Nohr pairings... and I'm just about done. Revelations is the only one left and it's the one where I finally get to marry the one that I really want to marry (Ophelia!).

Top Bottom