• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So how about that rival domains thing? Seems pretty interesting. I don't exactly know how brigades (are they the replacement units when your current units die) work but it's basically just Genealogy of the Holy War but for mobile (and actually decent).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Rival Domains is okay. I found the easiest way to get a high score is to run a full team of infantry and blitz it. There's little risk and death is only a minor setback, which makes it uninteresting to me. Beat each one once just for the rewards and haven't tried them again since.

Blessed Gardens are kind of easy, but the rewards are really nice. Hopefully they'll slowly ramp up the difficulty over time as we get more blessings.

Meanwhile I'm very happy with the new weapon refines for Leo and Eirika. +Res/-Def Leo was my first 5* pull and I'm very happy to have a reason to use him again, even if gravity shenanigans are no longer an option.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Meanwhile, us iOS users STILL do not have the new Fire Emblem Heroes update.

Man, I really want to try out out the new modes, but with no update at the moment for iOS... yeah...

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
Actually, some regions actually have February (or later!) as their snowiest month. The High Plains gets its heaviest snow in March. The stream of Arctic air coming down from Canada shifts around then to start hitting the area around then.
January and February is usually the coldest month of the year, though winters here are typically more damp than anything, and such low temperatures and snow setting for long periods of time like it did that week is unusual. Made for some nice views though.

I'm planning on spending a semester in the US next year, probably in New York State. I'll consider it training.

In other news, Male Morgan coming through is a fantastic surprise. He's my favourite second generation character, and I was not expecting to see him for a long time.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
Meanwhile, us iOS users STILL do not have the new Fire Emblem Heroes update.

Man, I really want to try out out the new modes, but with no update at the moment for iOS... yeah...
Why is it that us iOS users sometimes don't get the updates at the same time as everyone else anyway?

edit: Oh yeah, something I heard elsewhere and then looked at it to check, but if you look at new Chrom's Sealed Falchion, the description states he usual effective vs dragons bit, but the little images that go along with it show not just the 3 breath colors, but also a 4th icon--one that looks like it's supposed to be a colorless breath. Which is not present on the other Falchions.

So the question is, is this just an error, or did I.S. let it slip that we're getting a colorless manakete unit in the (possibly near) future?

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
NEW SMASH BROS HYPE

I BETTER SEE MY BOI REX AND MY GIRL PYRA

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I was originally about to be disappointed that Fire Emblem Switch wasn't the final reveal of the Direct, but when I learned it was the tease for the next Smash instead, I was blown away with hype!

And with that, it's time to rally around the flag for my most wanted character once more:

PROFESSOR LAYTON FOR SMASH!!!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
A new Switch - not a port? And it's coming out this year!?

I was not ready for this. The hype nearly killed me last time. Please don't make me go through that again, Nintendo. I beg of you.

Here's to hoping we get at least 15 FE characters.

Last edited:

chick fil a

Smash Cadet
NNID
doritoslocosn64
3DS FC
4957-5737-4686
excited for smash switch, but I'm worried corrin may be cut, though they are very popular
who do you all want to see in this time around? ryoma would be hype :)

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
but I'm worried corrin may be cut, though they are very popular
I feel like Corrin is safe for two reasons
  1. FE is big now
  2. It'd probably leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths if DLC characters were cut, especially returning ones like Roy and Mewtwo
    • With that said, Cloud's chances aren't too good imo.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Even though this isn't a port, I imagine it'll be reusing a lot of assets from Smash 4. The Swutch is close enough in power to the Wii U that it'd be silly to redo everything from scratch, so I imagine a good majority of the cast will be returning.

That said, I don't have many hopes for a new FE character, as we all know there's already a lot. Maybe they'll pull a Melee Roy and add the FE16 protagonist, but I don't have any confidence in that. Though maybe we'll see them as DLC.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
I've returned to board the hype train. Thank God for BOTW Link and Inkling.

TBH, I'm not hyping up too much for new characters. Last game already took my breath away, I feel like we're at the bottom of the barrel. lol but I know people gotta have new characters. I'll just sit back and enjoy the ride for the most part.

What I'm looking forward to is seeing them replace the Smash Tour button with a nice, big, and glamorous icon that reads something akin to "Subspace Emissary 2." I'd like to see a perfected version of the one reason I'd still go back and play Brawl.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Smash hype! No mention of Fire Emblem, which is too bad, but Smash? Yes, please!

THE LEGENDARY EPHRAIM BANNER LEFT MY ORB SUPPLY DRY AND I THOUGHT I WAS SAFE UNTIL NANNA IN APRIL BUT NOW THEY'RE GIVING US MORGAN, I HAVE LIKE NO ORBS WRYYYYYYYYYYYY

At least F!Morgan is the only Blue here and a permanent flying mage too. Also, Horse Emblem has a Dragon Emblem counter now.
I am planning to save Orbs, but I hope I can get female Morgan as a free summon or one that requires me to spend little Orbs.
I wish I could get my precious daughter.
I think she's also the most likely to be dropped to a 4* later on. I'm debating whether I want to save orbs, go in for the Fallen banner again in a minute, or pull on the new one....

So how about that rival domains thing? Seems pretty interesting. I don't exactly know how brigades (are they the replacement units when your current units die) work but it's basically just Genealogy of the Holy War but for mobile (and actually decent).
I think it's pretty fun, and I hope the add more maps, etc. to it. It's great to be able to pick allies from friends and play with them. That's a definite improvement from the random pairings during the VGs. From what I hear on SF, my Tiki seems pretty popular. They do need to add more maps to it though, I ran through all of them with perfect scores already...

I feel like Corrin is safe for two reasons
  1. FE is big now
  2. It'd probably leave a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths if DLC characters were cut, especially returning ones like Roy and Mewtwo
    • With that said, Cloud's chances aren't too good imo.
Yeah, plus there was backlash for cutting Roy out of Brawl. I'm hoping they learned from that, seeing as they added Roy as DLC for 4. There's also the fact that there are Amiibos of the characters, which I think makes it more likely they'll stick around.

Meanwhile I'm very happy with the new weapon refines for Leo and Eirika. +Res/-Def Leo was my first 5* pull and I'm very happy to have a reason to use him again, even if gravity shenanigans are no longer an option.
That new refine for Leo is pretty slick, I had forgotten they were getting the buffs. I just wish I had more Divine Dew!

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
excited for smash switch, but I'm worried corrin may be cut, though they are very popular
For me, this is my current wishlist:

Professor Layton
Gallade
Primarina
Tapu Koko
Decidueye
Takumi
Tetra
Wolf
Susie
Azura
Bandana Dee
Revali
BotW Zelda (as a new costume for Zelda)
Chrom
Spring Man
Rex w/ Pyra/Mythra
Nia

Most of the characters are rather unlikely IMO, but of all the ones listed, Layton is my most wanted.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Remember when I said I would save Orbs and skip the banner? Ha... ha... ha...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
The thing is that I didn't need Morgan because I have summer Corrin, but... she's my daughter! I can't just skip this banner and not get my daughter!
+Def/-Res isn't all that bad in terms of IVs to be honest. She'll lose on some bulk against magic attacks, but she has access to double Distant Defense with her tome and Sacred Seal. I mean I have a +Def/-Res Micaiah and she's doing just fine.

My wishlist is full of unlikely characters, but...
Takumi
Phoenix Wright
Joker from Persona 5
Bandana Dee
Terra Branford (Final Fantasy VI)
Bomberman
Black Knight
Rex (mainly for more Xenoblade representation)
Toad
Decidueye

And probably more, but these are the ones that came to mind.

Nah

Smash Champion
I'm glad that Smash Switch isn't just gonna be a port of Smash 4. Smash 4 has issues that a mere port aren't going to fix.

Curious to see what characters are going to get in. Regarding FE representation, Marth and Ike are certainties, but I'm not so sure if any of the others are truly guaranteed. But we'll see what happens I guess.

D

Deleted member

I'm glad that Smash Switch isn't just gonna be a port of Smash 4. Smash 4 has issues that a mere port aren't going to fix.

Curious to see what characters are going to get in. Regarding FE representation, Marth and Ike are certainties, but I'm not so sure if any of the others are truly guaranteed. But we'll see what happens I guess.
Actually, I think Robin will stay too. Awakening was the game that saved the franchise, they are very unique, and their popularity exploded after they were put in Smash Bros. I can't see them go anywhere, along with Marth and Ike. I'm more iffy on Lucina (she's a clone), Roy (he seems low priority), and Corrin (though less so because of Fates).

I'm just curious if Nintendo will have Yuri Lowenthal voice Marth and Greg Chun will be Ike's new voice actor in Smash. (the latter I hope happens because I prefer his voice in Heroes)

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
IMG_1330.PNG

Simples. Chrom is -Atk +Def, Morgan is +Atk -Spd.

Smash 5 is almost certainly a new game, but it would not surprise me if it uses Smash 4 as a foundation. If that is the case, then I can't see characters like Corrin getting the boot.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
With this new Awakening banner, I've been sniping red orbs in the hopes of pulling Exalted Chrom. Sadly, no luck yet. On my free summon, I ended getting this instead:

A 5-star Athena! She ended up getting very good IVs too: +Spd -HP. Seems like I'll need to invest her some time.

Hopefully I'll pull Exalted Chrom before the banner ends.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I'm going to be absolutely unrealistic about this like everyone else here lol

1. Bomberman
2. Isaac
3. KOS-MOS
4. Ren Amamiya
5. Paper Mario
6. Sora
7. Terra Brandford
8. Tiki
9. Warriors Yukimura

Tbh I don't really have an "actual wish character" for this Smash. I don't really care who would get in but yeah those eight are characters I'd like to see. Even though none of them technically have a winning chance. XD

EDIT: I've forgot about Paper Mario just as I was done with this post.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just put Charizard and Mewtwo back in and I'm good, although I'd like to see Corrin return as well. As I said before, I'm pretty sure most of Smash 4's roster will be coming back just because they already have HD models and animations prepared on the Wii U.

I'm really confident the Ice Climbers will return - we know Sakurai originally wanted them to be in Smash 4 but couldn't without taking away what made them special. Although I used to use Pokemon Trainer in Brawl, I really hope he doesn't return. All of Charizard's specials are too good to give up. I'd much rather see Ivysaur and Squirtle come back as independent characters, although I'm a little doubtful of that happening.

But you know what? Let me throw away my usual down-to-earth reasoning aside for a second and just make a totally unrealistic list of characters I really want to see.

- Elma, from Xenoblade X. Using certain moves changes her between ranged and melee combat modes. Sliding Slinger is a side-special, of course. For her final smash, Lin and Tatsu show up in a skell. I probably thought way harder about her potential move set then I should have.

- The Highlander from Etrian Odyssey Untold. Smash attacks and some specials deal recoil damage, but certain attacks heal him instead. Etrian Odyssey is 3rd party and super niche, so this will never actually happen, but I can dream.

- The Black Knight. Alm and Celica. Ephraim and Eirika. FE16 protagonist. The legendary Dorcas. Knoll with Sieglinde.

- Ridley. Partly because I like dragons, but mostly just so that I can watch the community flip out over it.

- Decloned Dark Pit. Uprising is one of the best games I've every played, so I'll take all the Sakurai bias I can get.

- Pichu, but give him an insane combo game to rival Sheik's and replace his specials with powerful egg moves such as a side-special Volt Tackle. And give him Flail or Reversal, a move that does more damage and knockback the higher % Pichu is at.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I mean, hey

KOS-MOS is in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as a Rare Blade (strong emphasis on rare because you only have a 0.714% chance of actually getting her and that's if you maximize your chances) and we're pretty much guaranteed to get Xenoblade 2 content in Smash. While i don't exactly see KOS-MOS as playable, i wouldn't rule out a Mii Costume (assuming those guys are returning) or an Assist Trophy. I mean, Pac-Man's coming back (probably) so having more Namco reps isn't out of the question, especially given how close Nintendo and Namco are (though if anything, i expect Lloyd since he's the Cloud Strife of Tales and that's one of Namco's most popular franchises). If any of the pre-Shulk Xeno protagonists have a chance of making an appearance in Smash, it's KOS-MOS.

Fei, on the other hand, would require having to beat Square Enix into the ground and then throwing them off a cliff and then sending them blasting to the moon before they let Nintendo use anything Xenogears related. Square was already stubborn enough with Cloud and he's their most recognizable character.

But yeah, regarding new Xeno reps, Rex and Pyra have the highest chance but i wouldn't rule out Elma either. Ideally, we can have both because Shulk is definitely coming back and that way, all three games in the -blade series would be represented. My only concern is that Nintendo's gonna spoil the **** out of the games again. Smash 4 already spoiled Mecha Fiora and Jade Face's identity

Edit: images are down, why SmashBoards?

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I know KOS-MOS is in XBC2 and that she's super rare and all, but okay I didn't know she was that rare. I'll accept her as a Mii Costume, Assist Trophy, Trophy or whatever. At least she'll be in the game at all, hypothetically speaking. If she is playable hypothetically speaking, then yeah. Everyone's getting dropped since I love Saga trilogy alot.

Still have to finish the XS anime and hook up Gears soon though.

Nintendo spoiling games though? Was that done through information in the trophies or something?

Edit: I'll admit she probably has the best chance out of the options in my list.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
and hook up Gears soon though.
Let me know how that goes. My quick opinion of Xenogears is that it's a JRPG masterpiece that's only held back by it's age (like most PS1-era JRPGs, some parts haven't aged well).

I watched the Xenosaga anime about a month ago. It was decent, i just knew that the games probably told the story better. I want to play the Xenosaga trilogy but my only option at the moment is to emulate them except when i tried emulating Xenosaga I, my PC could barely run anything that wasn't the menus. So for now, the Xenosaga trilogy and Xenoblade X are the only Xeno games i haven't played.

Nintendo spoiling games though? Was that done through information in the trophies or something?
Yep. Most of the Xenoblade trophies were spoiler-free but then Mecha Fiora, Jade Face and Gold Face's trophy descriptions contain spoilers, with Mecha Fiora herself being a spoiler.

Nah

Smash Champion
I'd so be down for KOS-MOS (or any of the playable Xenosaga cast really) to be in Smash Switch. But it's also so much more likely that any Xeno representation in the game will be Shulk+XC2 characters rather than characters from a series than ended just over a decade ago.

It's mainly through trophies and loading screen tips, but yeah, Smash 4 does spoil some stuff from other games, and not just Xenoblade Chronicles iirc.

Ironically, there's one where it's about to "spoil" Sheik's identity, but then stops itself.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Decided to spend some money for some orbs and snipe some more red orbs last night. On the second red orb of the summoning session, lady luck finally blessed me:

I FINALLY GOT EXALTED CHROM!!!

What makes this pull even better is that he was blessed with the best possible IVs he can have: +Atk -Res.

So glad to pull my most waned unit from the banner! Now, I don't have to worry about pulling from it any longer. I'll also be training up this Chrom and working on adding him to my Horse Emblem. He'll also be my go-to unit for the coming Tempest Trials.

Bring it on, Tempest Trials! I'm ready!

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Meanwhile, i have yet to get F!Morgan. My Orb supply is low and i think i'm gonna be really upset if it turns out that i wasted my luck on a useless 5* Hinoka that i pulled a few days ago. *sigh* Morgan, why did you have to come now of all times? I'm hoping for three things:
  1. That i get F!Morgan
  2. That the next Legendary Hero is someone that i don't care about. That Legendary Ephraim banner was ultra bait.
  3. That Nanna is a TT reward.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/973022053703045121
really hope this is true, there have been a lot of fates characters without official art for 3 years now!
It was mentioned that Yusuke Kozaki was asked about it on stage during the recent Cipher festival, and he said reason there hasn't been a Fates artbook was due to his busy schedule as of late, to the point he didn't have the time to draw out all the other Fates characters. Seems like he'll soon have the time to finally do so, and I'm interested in seeing the rest of the official art too.

Speaking of artbooks, the Fire Emblem Echoes artbook, titled "Valentia Accordtion," will be releasing on March 30. It will cost 3,870 Yen and will contain 256 pages. Here's the cover for those that are interested:

D

Deleted member

I hope the artbook will finally show us what the official art is for each character in Fates. It has been bothering me for the longest time...

Speaking of Fates, last night I went on the fodder banner in Heroes. I wanted Soleil, as the ones I have are pretty mediocre, and maybe get a Hinata or two. I did get a Hinata, but...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Yeah. He was a 5 star neutral IV Hinata. Instead of making him fodder, I'll seriously use and invest in him. Now I feel obligated to have a 5 star Oboro if her IVs are good. I did get a 4 star Soleil that was +Speed/-HP, so I got what I wanted in the end. The one I have at 5 stars is +Speed/-Attack, who I'll just use as fodder to Hana.

I did try to get another Takumi this morning with my first batch, but I wasn't that lucky. I might try again when I am done with Tempest Trials and the BHB with Chrom and Lissa.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It feels like a bummer that new Countering Skills banner came out shortly after I spent my orbs trying to get Exalted Chrom. What makes things even more inconvenient is that the banner will last only a week long.

On the one hand, I'm glad IS is giving us another chance to pull Hector. It means more units can inherit Distant Counter. On the other hand, considering the timing of this banner... yeah...

Thankfully, Tempest Trials starts tomorrow, so I'll spend whatever orbs I get from that on the Countering Skills banner and snipe the green orbs. If green orbs don't show up, my second priority goes to the silver orbs in the hopes of pulling another Takumi.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I haven't been updating my progress, but I have finished my Conquest Ironman. Jeez, I forgot how much BS it throws at you in the final stretch. For some reason I was thinking only Lunatic was BS, but nope, Hard mode has a lot of those same elements to. Rather that describe each chapter, I'm just going to quickly go over character deaths.

Shortly after my last update, I recruited Mozu!Velouria, who had bonkers stats thanks to Aptitude. Using her I safely recruited Ophelia as well, although I ended up missing out on the village containing Spirit Dust (not a huge loss, all things considered). It was smooth sailing for the next few levels until I faced Hinoka - Shura ended up in Setsuna's range while trying to save Xander and got ORKOed. I maxed out the hotspring later so that I could recruit Izana as a staff bot.

In the Ryoma battle, I made the mistake of splitting up again for some reason. Benny tanked the lunge-chaining automatons as he took 0 damage from everything on that side of the map. Meanwhile, on the right side, I used Odin and Izana to try and divert the attention of the Ninjas with Spy Shurikens while Velouria went down the central hallway...but it turns out the ninjas didn't care that they were doing 0 damage and ganged up on her anyway, ultimately leading to her death.

Then came chapter 26. Sigh. Leo died by being ganged up on sorcerers because I overestimated his magic bulk, although its worth noting that if Byrnhildr's effects triggered even once he would of survived (thanks for nothing RNGoddess). Then I got to the room with the Bezerkers and generals and I fought them by kiting them around the map, which was the exact opposite of fun. Camilla died because I forgot to have Silas shelter her like I had planned, but I was so fed up with the mob of enemies the game sent at me at that point that I didn't even care. I used an arms scroll to bring Flora's staff rank up to S, but what do you know, the Bifrost can't revive people who died before you get it, even if they died on the same map you obtained it on.

Then there was the final boss. I had a lot of people die on this one, but I wasn't angry about that because hey, it's the final battle. Total casualties in this map were Keaton, Mozu, Kaze, Xander, Percy, Benny, Flora, Silas, Gunter, Izana, and Jakob the staffbot.

Total Deaths
Niles - Chapter 9
Azura - Chapter 10
Beruka - Chapter 10
Effie - Chapter 13
Arthur - Chapter 14
Felicia - Chapter 14
Elise - Paralouge 19 (In between Chapters 18/19)
Shura - Chapter 24
Velouria - Chapter 25
Keaton/Mozu/Kaze/Xander/Benny/Flora/Silas/Gunter/Izana/Jakob - Chapter 27.

As for my teams MVP? Well it would of been Veloria if she hadn't been with the team for such a short while, but no. Mozu gets an honorable mention for being amazing Kinshi Knight support, but her low HP limited what I could do with her. And Benny's tanking abilities were off the charts. But no, the real MVP was...

None other than Odin Dark.

He got some amazing growths in this playthrough. By the end, his Speed, Skill, Luck and Defense were all maxed out and he was sitting at an overall rating of 180+. He was an all-arounder who could tank with Nosferatu or destroy with a forged Mjolnir (renamed to Thorhammer++). But most importantly, he singlenhandedly fought back an entire horde of invisible Faceless during the final battle, persevering even while Xander and Keaton were slain besides him. Had he not been there with his trusty Nosferatu tome, the Faceless would have overrun Corrin and I would have never beaten the boss.

To commemorate my victory, I finally decided to do this.
This build is a work in progress...and believe it or not, this Odin is +attack. Yep, that's right. With Fury 3 and Blarblade+, Odin Dank hits a whopping total of 41 attack. Oof. Fingers crossed for a new PRF weapon in the next update. Seal Res is just because I don't want to waste any valuable b-stot fodder on him before experimenting with him first. But I'm sure I'll find a way to make him work. Hopefully.
Welp, there goes 20,000 feathers I'm never getting back.

Last edited:

Nah

Smash Champion
So who actually made it to the very end then? Or was it just Corrin and Owain?

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I felt like sharing this. This happened two days ago. So I was hanging out around the Arena and checking out where I rank. I noticed I've gotten a defense kill, so I checked it out. I was very surprised but hey, props to that guy for the effort.

Oh, and before anyone asks why all four heroes have the same blessing, it was for the Blessed Gardens. I just forgot to changed them, so I might do so soon.

I wonder if anyone else would also consider this kind of build?

Top Bottom