• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Fates' cast is far better than Awakening's.
And more memorable too. In Awakening, i only really cared about Olivia, Nowi, Cherche, and the 2nd generation. In Fates, i care about pretty much everyone, except for Gunter, Rhajat, and Hayato.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah! Question of the Day: Who would you marry irl? Female Corrin or Lucina? My choice is obviously Female Corrin.
Neither.
Hana is FE waifu for laifu.

honestly, I don't think I would marry anyone from fates IRL. because everyone is an idiot. though maybe I could an exception for Gazak, because he's a top tier waifu. Shout outs to rallyman though.
Rally man is the true hero of Fates.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, let's see here...
I honestly think that Hinoka is bland as hell, an overall boring character, and is a discount Sully,
Sure, Hinoka wasn't very used much in any of Fates' stories besides Conquest but she's still a kickass character.
Charlotte has a split personality disorder just like Jakob (Reference to a conversation between Odin and Felicia) and is ridiculously over-sexualized, just like Camilla and Kagero.
Er...I really don't have anything to say about Charlotte since I don't like her either, but I don't get the "over-sexualized" part though. If you're referring to her seducive nature, then yeah I can understand that. Camilla I can definitely understand, obviously, but why Kagero?
Sakura and Elise are literal children
Sakura is an angel and Elise is adorable
Hana is just an annoying AF version of Sumia
Except Hana doesn't trip a lot, bake pies or throw a beehive at someone
and the rest of the female cast I never really cared for when it comes to this topic.
Well Setsuna is obviously my favorite female in the cast with Felicia second.
Does that answer your question?
Overall, pretty much...I guess.
And I have the same rule. Marrying child units is just....weird.
That and it makes me sound like a predator.

Last edited:

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Because I like Female Corrin. She's the best female unit in the whole cast imo.

Ok listen here, this is the best female character in the game
Oboro is best girl.
Hana is FE waifu for laifu.
people plz, i am best FE character
Best waifu
Either that or Niles

Allow me to present you the best Fates girl!

OPHELIA DUSK

You will take this maiden seriously!
Obviously the best and one true waifu is Garon and if you don't agree you are wrong. :secretkpop:
GARON DID NOTHING WRONG from a certain point of view AND I HAVE PROOF!

This is photographic evidence that Garon did not kidnap Corrin at a young age. NO, he happily adopted him after Sumeragi's tragic death at the hands of the traitorous Chevois knights! Why would Garon give Corrin a teddy bear if he was "kidnapping" him?

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
I don't have a waifu (Hayato is my husband though) but I think the best female character is Azura.

Last edited:

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
On the subject of Garon, I think i found the perfect Death Battle opponent for him

I think the best female character is Azura.
You sir, have earned my respect.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The words "waifu" and "husbano" means absolutely nothing to me.
I have a favorite female and favorite male but I will never go as far as to refer to them as such.

Astellius

Smash Ace
Okay, okay, all joking aside, I think we all know who the best girl in Fates is. It is obviously....

Minerva: "I have only just accepted what part of me I should cast away..."
Minerva.png

WTF JAPAN, how could you do this to us?

In the Japanese version, there were three characters that could be downloaded with codes from the Cipher cards: Masked Lucina, Marth, and Minerva. Us Western peoples are too inferior to be graced with Minerva in our games--Minerva from when she apparently was a member of the Whitewings, no less! (We don't get Masked Lucina or that version of Marth, but those are smaller injustices.)

Minerva is the princess of Macedon who sided with Marth against her own brother, Michalis, who sought to do great evil upon the world (believing he was doing good). She is a valiant wyvern-rider who wields the Hauteclere, an axe that rivals any legendary weapon. Minerva is a great leader who rightly commands the great respect of whoever is around her, especially Catria, Palla and Est, although she bears certain well-founded insecurities about herself and her blood. Minerva bears great dedication to her country and her cause that transcends any personal desires she might have. But she also has a somewhat fragile character when probed, and she deeply desires to be understood and loved by those closest to her.

Palla: Then, why tell something so important to a person like me?
Minerva: Heh... That, too, is my weakness. I wanted somebody to listen. No, not just somebody. I wanted you to listen, for you're the single person I trust the most.
Palla: Commander...

Minerva is actually one of my favorite characters from the FE franchise, and I say this with reference to her actual character. Zero gimmicks, fully believable and humanized, and very poetic. With all that said, I'm still surprised that she was chosen to be the only really unique Cipher character...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The closest Fates characters who I can call my waifus are either Azura or Oboro. As for Awakening, I'd say my waifus would be between Nowi or Cherche.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For all the Pokemon fans here, the new Sun and Moon trailer has been posted.

"Ultra Beasts" revealed, as well as one new Pokemon and one new Alola Form. There's also a group called the "Aether Foundation," who seem to against Team Skull. Another Team Skull character was also revealed, and so was a new feature called the Pokefinder (lets you take photos wherever you go). Dexio and Sina from X and Y return, and they give you the Zygarde cube so that you can collect Zygarde cells and cores.

I'll post my thoughts later. I have to go to class.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So new Pokemon news came out. Seeing as how i'm currently in my school's lunch break, i'm taking this time to talk about the new Pokemon.

Its adorable and i love it. Jagmo-o is a pure Dragon. I can see it evolving into a Dragon/Electirc type. Also, finally a Dragon that looks like one.

Great desing, quality name. Ok, that last part is sarcasm but i really like its design. Type: Null is a pure Normal.

We saw this coming since Alola Ratatta was announced. Nothing much to say here.

Nothing to say since i barely know anything about it.

So this may or may not be a Pokemon. This is one of the Ultra Beasts and it apparently poses a threat to both humans and Pokemon. UB-01 also mimics the movements of a young girl. Gee, i wonder who they're referring to

I don't think Lillie is UB-01 but there might be a connection. After all, the appearances are similar. Maybe UB-01 is what's inside Lillie's bag?
New Team Skull member

Currently my favorite Team Skull member.
And then there's the Aether Foundation. Their base of operations is the artificial island you see on the Alola Map, the one we all thought was the Leauge. Which makes you wonder, what is the final challenge of Alola then. There's no Gyms but now there's no League either. I'm curious to see what Alola's League replacement is. And more reasons to why Ash should've won Kalos, because Alola doesn't appear to have a League.

Oh and the in-game time for the versions is 12 hours apart. So Sun players have the normal time while Moon players have play in the hours opposite to real time. Really sets the versions apart.

Overall, my hype for Sun&Moon has increased tenfold.

Edit: Possible Lillie theory that i found on Twitter
Screenshot (48).png
I don't see Lillie being their child though. More like, sister. And it could explain Lillie's dislike to battles, due to her brother being part of a criminal team. And because her sister is part of the Aether Foundation, which takes care of sick Pokemon, then Lillie joins the Professor to help out with Pokemon. It makes sense but this is just a theory with no evidence so take it with a massive grain of salt.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
So new Pokemon news came out. Seeing as how i'm currently in my school's lunch break, i'm taking this time to talk about the new Pokemon.

Its adorable and i love it. Jagmo-o is a pure Dragon. I can see it evolving into a Dragon/Electirc type. Also, finally a Dragon that looks like one.

Great desing, quality name. Ok, that last part is sarcasm but i really like its design. Type: Null is a pure Normal.

We saw this coming since Alola Ratatta was announced. Nothing much to say here.

Nothing to say since i barely know anything about it.

So this may or may not be a Pokemon. This is one of the Ultra Beasts and it apparently poses a threat to both humans and Pokemon. UB-01 also mimics the movements of a young girl. Gee, i wonder who they're referring to

I don't think Lillie is UB-01 but there might be a connection. After all, the appearances are similar. Maybe UB-01 is what's inside Lillie's bag?
New Team Skull member

Currently my favorite Team Skull member.
And then there's the Aether Foundation. Their base of operations is the artificial island you see on the Alola Map, the one we all thought was the Leauge. Which makes you wonder, what is the final challenge of Alola then. There's no Gyms but now there's no League either. I'm curious to see what Alola's League replacement is. And more reasons to why Ash should've won Kalos, because Alola doesn't appear to have a League.

Oh and the in-game time for the versions is 12 hours apart. So Sun players have the normal time while Moon players have play in the hours opposite to real time. Really sets the versions apart.

Overall, my hype for Sun&Moon has increased tenfold.

Edit: Possible Lillie theory that i found on Twitter
View attachment 117268 I don't see Lillie being their child though. More like, sister. And it could explain Lillie's dislike to battles, due to her brother being part of a criminal team. And because her sister is part of the Aether Foundation, which takes care of sick Pokemon, then Lillie joins the Professor to help out with Pokemon. It makes sense but this is just a theory with no evidence so take it with a massive grain of salt.
Yeah, I thought of that too, but I wonder if Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine are all Ultra Beasts disguised as humans?

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

UB-01 is actually not a Pokemon. As for what it is exactly is unknown. It could be Lillie, but we'll have to wait and see.
Go all the way to 5:07 for UB-01.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
I'm actually pretty confident that Lillie and UB-01 are the same person/Pokémon/thing, just look at its description:
UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Anyway, this game seems to have a really good story, I can't wait to see how it will turn out.
I just hope to be able to avoid spoilers from its "worldwide" release the 18 november till the 23, its European release ;-;

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
As I promised, here are my thoughts about the recent news. This is copy and pasted from my post in the Nintenzone Social.

When I first saw Type: Null's name, I thought it was referring to a new type while keeping its name a secret. It wasn't until the end of the trailer when I realized that Type: Null was its actual name. It does look pretty unique though, like its a combination of multiple Pokemon. Perhaps it was the ultimate Pokemon fashion of some sort?

Nothing much to say about Jangmo-o and Alola Raticate. I have a feeling its evolution(s) will be Steel/Dragon considering that its scales look pretty metallic, not to mention the website hints that it has some sort of "headstrong" attitude, like its determination is as hard as iron. Alola Raticate's design wasn't what I expected with the emphasis on food.

A 12 hour time difference between the Sun and Moon versions? I think it's a neat concept. It seems like in the Moon version, you could be playing the game during the day, but it will actually be dark in-game. I'm getting Sun though, so that means I'm going to see a more usual time and day feature. The version different Totem Pokemon concept is pretty neat too, especially how Gumshoos and Alola Raticate are used.

Aether Foundation was probably my favorite part of the news. It turns out that artificial island is their base, and it seems they are pretty simple folks at first considering how they are around to oppose Team Skull. When I look back at them though, I can't help but think they have the potential to be the real bad guys. Lusamine looks like a pretty mysterious character, and I wouldn't be surprised she turned out to be the main villain in the story for reasons we don't know yet.

Gladion looks like a cool character. He looks like someone that will have a major impact to the plot, perhaps even more than Guzma and Plumeria. It's interesting to see that he has Type: Null on his team. Makes me wonder what kind of connection he has to it, especially for other information I'll get to later.

Very nice to see Dexio and Sina make a return from X and Y. Makes sense that they are the ones that introduce to you about Zygarde since all three are from Kalos after all. Not surprised that the device will help you find Zygarde Cells and Cores during your adventure considering it's mostly information we already know.

Pokefinder looks like a fun feature. I'm glad they expanded the photo-taking feature from X/Y to the point we have a Pokemon Snap-like system in the main series games.

And UB-01... now this is interesting. It looks similar to Lillie, and its description even states its actions are similar to that of a young girl's. Perhaps Lillie is UB-01 but in human form? I'm really curious to see how these "Ultra Beasts" will impact the story.
I'm glad I'm not the only one theorizing that Gladion, Lusamine, and Lillie could be related. Heck, Gladion siding with Team Skull makes me wonder that he could've once been a member of Aether Foundation but left for some unknown reason; perhaps it's because the AF are secretly evil? There's definitely going to be more to Gladion that meets the eye.

Speaking of Gladion, I think it's worth mentioning this.

...Where I have seen that before?

Oh right!

Gladion is Owain/Odin in Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
I'm actually pretty confident that Lillie and UB-01 are the same person/Pokémon/thing, just look at its description:
UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one. While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Anyway, this game seems to have a really good story, I can't wait to see how it will turn out.
I just hope to be able to avoid spoilers from its "worldwide" release the 18 november till the 23, its European release ;-;
I don't think Lillie and UB-01 are the same, at least not yet. I'm not denying the connection, because there definitely is one, but the Japanese trailer shows UB-01 coming out of a dimensional portal, and if Lillie was UB-01, she would have no need for a portal, seeing as how she's already in our world. I'm leaning more towards the possibility that Lillie and UB-01 are friends, which is why UB-01 mimics her.

Speaking of Gladion, I think it's worth mentioning this.

...Where I have seen that before?

Oh right!

Gladion is Owain/Odin in Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed
I honestly want Odin/Owain to be the character that just appears in every Nintendo world under a different name and look. Because that would be awesome.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
I don't think Lillie and UB-01 are the same, at least not yet. I'm not denying the connection, because there definitely is one, but the Japanese trailer shows UB-01 coming out of a dimensional portal, and if Lillie was UB-01, she would have no need for a portal, seeing as how she's already in our world. I'm leaning more towards the possibility that Lillie and UB-01 are friends, which is why UB-01 mimics her.

I honestly want Odin/Owain to be the character that just appears in every Nintendo world under a different name and look. Because that would be awesome.
I do get the ACHING BLOOD feel from him just look at how he moves his hands!

Also I feel Odin is starting to appear OUTSIDE of Nintendo now:

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Just saw the most amazing comparison for Alolan Raticate on tumblr:

HOW CAN YOU NOT DENY THIS

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Just saw the most amazing comparison for Alolan Raticate on tumblr:

HOW CAN YOU NOT DENY THIS
I just got hist with a massive blast of nostalgia. I seriously need to watch Ratatouille again, i loved that movie when i was a kid.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Also can I just say how freaking adorable this trailer is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VgXtwxIW-Q
I like how that trailer was a sequel to that first Japanese Sun and Moon trailer. A few months ago, we saw a friendship blossom between that Japanese kid and the Hawaiian kid, and now, we see that friendships can sometime have their low points, but in the end, they became stronger friends.

I'm pretty much the same for characters like Oboro. I'd love to see a character like her in the Pokemon games where she'd introduce you to trainer customization (fits her well considering that she designs clothes). Heck, a character like Takumi in other games would be pretty cool. Not so much the "Nohrian scum" aspect to him, but more like someone who gets suspicious and knows something is off about someone or a group (perhaps in the Sun and Moon scenario, he could be one of the few people that knows that the Aether Foundation (potentially) has a dark secret); it'd also be cool to see archers like him in other Nintendo games.

I even see some hints of Leo's personality in Gladion's quotes. While Gladion more strongly resembles Odin/Owain with the arm pose, he also has the cold and serious nature that is commonly seen in Leo's disposition.

Astellius

Smash Ace
This. I can't really think of a better or more well-suited character. Anna would be up there, but I can't really think of someone else that would be as easily iconic or generally funny to put all over the place as an Easter egg. They'd need to have a unique trademark flair, something that you can recognize with a pose and just a couple of lines. Some of the other really over-the-top characters would be weird and awkward to just have running about (e.g., Peri--mascara streaks with cries for violence and murder, that would be weird in a Pokemon game), while others aren't original or unique enough (e.g., Arthur--his catchphrase lines could easily be lines in Phoenix Wright, and his character resembles Captain Gordon from Disgaea too strongly).

Really, Owain/Odin's catchphrases and poses are ridiculous, over-the-top, distinct, and memorable, making him prime for iconic status.

Last edited:

Astro986

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys remember when you got the Mystletainn sword in Awakening? Give it to Owain with Armsthrift and there ya go. You helped him make his dream come true.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
So as you may know, Super Mario Run, Mario's first mobile game was announced. That's cool and all, but i really want to know where Fire Emblem Mobile is. When they announced it a few months ago, they said it would release Fall 2016. Its Fall 2016 now and we have yet to get any news on the game.

Edit: Oh, the release date for FE Mobile has been pushed back to March 2017
Skip to 1:20.

Last edited:

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that more often than not children characters are so much better than their parents. Id prefer it if the gimmick of children characters was more focused on mesing around with their growths and such based on parents.

Armagon

Smash Lord
NNID
Armagon1000
3DS FC
3131-6899-8999
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that more often than not children characters are so much better than their parents. Id prefer it if the gimmick of children characters was more focused on mesing around with their growths and such based on parents.
Well, seeing as how its been that way since Genealogy, i can't be bothered by it, since it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Well, they're only really better if you go outright min/maxing them to get them the best boosts, right? Otherwise you end up with a mixed spattering of varied boosts and maluses, and the only thing that really sets them apart is having early access to their Mom and Pop's best skills on recruitment, since the parents can eventually get the other's skills through the new seals.

Betatech

Smash Apprentice
Well, seeing as how its been that way since Genealogy, i can't be bothered by it, since it makes sense from a gameplay perspective.
I get that it makes sense from a gameplay perspective but i cant help but feel bothered when from a gameplay perspective i want to use them because thy have better stats but i also dont really want to get rid of the units i already have especially considering i generally like a lot of first gen units more as characters and they have usually more plot relevance given that they arent part of an optional sidequest and i already spent a lot of time training them up.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
We've got another Japanese Sun and Moon trailer today. Mostly shows some new footage here and there, and it has some amazing music playing throughout (hopefully it's not trailer-exclusive music because I want to hear it in-game).

The biggest new detail from the trailer is this:

This is Nariya Oak, Professor Oak's cousin. He tells you about the Alola forms.

Last edited:
Top Bottom