• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Chooses to Smash! - Corrin Social Thread

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276

Corrin's runspeed is noticeably faster
Pretty sure everyone is getting a speed boost this time around. Really looking forward to seeing how he does in meta, now. Whether or not the speed boost means he'll deal with faster characters better is gonna be important, I think. His playstyle may need to shift from spacing opponents out to more of an aggressive style considering the overall pacing of the game. As a character, he'll still probably have a lot to gain on the defensive side from his massive disjoints, but he won't benefit from it as strongly, I think. Luckily, landing lag on aerials is less, so a lot of his aerials are safer on shield. He could probably pull a more offensive style better now. That could boost his standing significantly, but the loss of more defensive tools could consequently cause him to fall. Who knows at this point.

I'm going to say his higher speed will get him a long ways. Of course, everyone is faster, but I think Corrin will have a lot more to gain from increased speed than some characters.

Folt

Smash Ace
So with Snake back, it would be fun if a hypothetical Corrin Codec referenced Liquid Snake.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
I would have like to see other fates characters make it into smash other than coffin like caeldori,saizo,kagero,ryoma,takumi,oboro,effie,soleil,that Fox dude,etc I know I'm asking for too much there.haha

Last edited:

chick fil a

Smash Cadet
NNID
doritoslocosn64
3DS FC
4957-5737-4686
I would have like to see other fates characters make it into smash other than coffin like caeldori,saizo,kagero,ryoma,takumi,oboro,effie,soleil,that Fox dude,etc I know I'm asking for too much there.haha
still hoping for ryoma to pull in but newcomers are gonna be tough this time around

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I'm going to say his higher speed will get him a long ways. Of course, everyone is faster, but I think Corrin will have a lot more to gain from increased speed than some characters.
If other characters are faster too, then that means it'll be easier for them to punish pin kick. Combine that with the nerf to the kick range (and it seemingly being laggier) and the fact that you can cancel dash into nearly anything and Corrin will likely end up much worse than in Smash 4. I think she'll be high-mid tier at best.

EchoAegis

Need time to think?
I'm still seeing a lot of hate for Corrin inclusion so here's my response to any haters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just gonna leave some nonsense here

28A8CB94-F395-461B-A816-6D86D79F1B48.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rest in peace Pit

So we're posting stupid stuff, are we? well.
Good thing Pit has an infinite amount of retries, and that Corrin picture weirdly reminds me of FE Heroes and what she’d go at the beach

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I just bought Corrin for my Sm4sh Wii U! He's EXTREMELY fun to play as, at least in my opinion. Do you guys have any tips for playing as him?

I definitely see him being one of my mains with a little more practice, dare I say, but his moveset is the best in Sm4sh,

Ghouls

Smash Rookie
Ya I thought Corrin was a boring choice when she first got in but as soon as I got her I realised she was easily the most fun character in the game. So I literally got into Fire Emblem just go I could justify my obsession with her - smashed through Fates which is turns out is pretty fun! Anyway, looking forward to continuing to spam instapin in Ultimate.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Everyone around me, including bf is trying to make me play marth to assist my peach instead of corrin, or at least ike. With the pin nerf he is saying that there isnt anything special with corrin with worse mobility recovery and weaker hits. I like how flashy and glowing the new pin looks and I like all his animations but what does he clearly have over marth?

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Why are people making conclusions about what tier each character is before the game even comes out?

Don't listen to them. Maybe after the game starts it'll turn out that that's a good idea, but it's too early to say antyhing IMO.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
There are not enough people who like Corrin in Smash, and that makes me upset...

Corrin was easily, the most fun character in Smash history with her pin, and her counter, even her Dragon Fang Shot was fun to pull off...
I haven't played a Fire Emblem game, but man, is Corrin so fun to use in Smash...

The DanMan051

Banned via Warnings
There are not enough people who like Corrin in Smash, and that makes me upset...

Corrin was easily, the most fun character in Smash history with her pin, and her counter, even her Dragon Fang Shot was fun to pull off...
I haven't played a Fire Emblem game, but man, is Corrin so fun to use in Smash...
I personally appreciate them (along with Greninja) for bucking Smash 4's trend of being overcentralized around a gimmick and trying to be extensively faithful to the source material. Some stuff like Corrin's dash attack is ripped from the game, and the Dragon Fang skill is pretty much the basis for their entire moveset, but unlike Shulk and Robin (my two most wanteds from Smash 4) there wasn't some big gimmick that made them awkward to play.

godogod

Smash Ace
You know what I'm salty about... Was it really necessary for the devs to nerf Corrin's dash speed in one of the last updates? It was beyond stupid imo.

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
Some cotton combos i found by testing on a level 9 fire emblem Roy set to attack me at zero percentage that I think aren t New and just look like smash four stuff But I can't remember.been a while since I played corrin

-falling Nair into jab combo

-falling fair into f tilt

- D tilt into f tilt

-bac k throw looks like a tech chase set up

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Pin aside, Corrin is surprisingly intact in Smash Ultimate. Great damage and solid neutral (movement being significantly improved is legit godsend). KOing is harder now that pin isn't just a win button, but the character overall is fairly well rounded. Oh, and recovering takes a bit of effort on your part since you're helpless if your opponent is right in front of you.
Some of my thoughts from the competitive impressions thread

Indexxical!

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0469-2438-4789
My apologies if I'm breaking any rules by asking this, but is there a Corrin discord to join? All I could find were dead links.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Corrin feels much more fluid in Ultimate than he felt in Smash 4. His rapid-jab is a lot easier to execute, which I like. I thought I was going to be terrible with Corrin, but I might actually main him this time around.

As usual, you never know until you actually play the game.

Duke27

Centurion
NNID
DukeCrimson27
3DS FC
3368-2844-0762
I'm not noticing a difference between the two atm but I've been focusing Pit as of late. I'll definitely keep an eye out. Also "he". More Male Corrins haha.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
My only disappointment about what ultimate did with corrin is that they nerfed pin. It still comes out as fast but the distance from retreating with it has been nerfed and I think the hit box changed from smash 4 as well. For some reason it just feels... different as in slightly worst... I’m going to have to test it later

Last edited:

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
It'll take a lot of reprogramming to internalize that Corrin can now cancel a skewered Dragon Lunge. The attack option has been nerfed hard, but now we have a quick out after those misses.

As a combo player, I'm having a rough time with Ultimate's changes. F-air chains just don't happen anymore, though the u-air feels stronger, like the pre-patched version. U-tilt's lower hitbox is considerably smaller and will no longer reliably hit grounded opponents. This has made my tilt combos much harder to start.

In Smash 4 you could catch any get-up option by running to the ledge and charging a reversed side smash (chainsaw effect catches jumps and normal get-ups, while rolling opponents will end up in its sweetspot). But that technique doesn't catch as much in Ultimate. That and the small nerfs to both parts of his neutral special have made Corrin less safe to play.

Last edited:

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
So! I dislike playing as Robin in Ultimate. So Corrin is actually my new main.

Mark The Page

Smash Apprentice
Reviving this thread - what up Corrin kiddos? Is there anyone still here?
I've relearned his aerial combos and learned how to pivot cancel, and... yeah, Corrin is the most unsatisfying character I've used.

The shield damage and stun of all of Corrin's attacks has to be the most pathetic of anyone on the roster. Even the sweetspot of his side smash leaves virtually no impact. Combine that with his pointless throws and Corrin has almost no ability to put pressure on a shielding opponent. He's lost many of his kill options and his approaches just aren't effective anymore. Every part of him feels grossly overbalanced/nerfed, when the Ultimate engine was already a rough transition for him.

LittleRedRider

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0175 2431 5341
Sorry - I really gotta make this board part of my daily rotations, but that's uhhhh- nice? Like I don't think it's news for anyone who plays a fair amount of Corrin that their kit isn't the best in the game.

But this really is the SOCIAL thread, so what up Corrin mains, you sexy devils, you? B)

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Mmmmm, those buffs taste so good.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I recently thought of an idea: why not give Corrin's side special, Dragon Lunge, a meteor effect? Since Corrin is at an extreme disadvantage off-stage, I think it's only fair to give him some powerful ledge-guarding tools. The meteor effect would also dissuade opponents from approaching Corrin offstage, since Dragon Lunge, in mine experience, is fairly useful off-stage.

If they don't want to make Corrin insanely powerful, then another approach is strengthening his juggling game.

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
I recently thought of an idea: why not give Corrin's side special, Dragon Lunge, a meteor effect? Since Corrin is at an extreme disadvantage off-stage, I think it's only fair to give him some powerful ledge-guarding tools. The meteor effect would also dissuade opponents from approaching Corrin offstage, since Dragon Lunge, in mine experience, is fairly useful off-stage.

If they don't want to make Corrin insanely powerful, then another approach is strengthening his juggling game.
Dair is already a pretty good spike. In maps with walls, you can even come back to the stage.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Man, this place is empty. Um.... I'll just say Corrin is actually pretty good when you get used to her. I can absolutely destroy my friends in Ultimate when I use her, so she's a little underrated in that regard. (Let's hope this ignites discussion again)

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Alright, Corrin got some buffs.
The Side Smash got buffed, first of all. It increased power and range for the tip, making it much stronger. It also increased downtime on shields, specifically the opponents. Next is Forward Air, which maintained the launch distance and increased power. Back Air has increased power at the beginning of the attack, and extended launch distance if hit from the beginning of the attack. Up Air has more power and extended launch distance. Side Special had a number of things done. First, it extended the launch rate if the opponent is hit at the beginning of the attack, second, it reduced vulnerability when jumping after stabbing, and finally, reduced vulnerability for lance attacks, whatever that means. Basically, the buffs are mainly for beginning of the attack type things. Nice to see her buffed though.

Top Bottom