• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CoroCoro Cards Revealed, Sheik Confirmed?

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
CoroCoro's character cards suggest that Sheik may very well be coming back.

For those who remember, last month's CoroCoro promised new "character cards" giving information on each character. Well, these cards have surfaced now, and the card for Zelda has given us a few new details.

As you can see, there is an image of Zelda performing her Final Smash, which seems to involve Light Arrows. Not surprising, as she used Light Arrows in both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

This card shows us part of her moveset. Strangely, only three of her Melee moves are there, and there is no mention of the Down Special. They are the same as they were in Melee, Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind.

Other cards have been said to reveal other character's special moves. Ivysaur's side special move is apparently Razor Leaf, and Squirtle's standard special move is Water Gun.

We'll have more information as more cards surface.

Source: brawlcentral.com

Link to original post: [drupal=427]CoroCoro Cards Revealed, Sheik Confirmed?[/drupal]

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Devastlian actually corrected the names of the Special Moves to reflect what the kana actually mean: the goddesses of Twilight Princess.

Nayru's Love -> Lanayru's Love
Farore's Wind -> Faron's Wind
Din's Fire -> Eldin's Fire

Might want to fix that. ;)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^ I'm gonna laugh if it's like Zelda with that hood and stuff from Twilight Princess with Shiek's moveset. Mingames, son! :laugh: But alas, Shiek is pretty much confirmed...almost. >_<

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Nevermind.

And below poster: "Seek" is not Sheik's Japanese name, I'm told. So we still don't know what that statement means.

courte

Smash Lord
umm go to brawl central and it goes on to confirm shiek as the down b
the move is called twilight change meaning change into a twilight version of shiek... srsly just go to the site

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
When I read the name I though of instead of Sheik is that Midna tags in for Zelda, people who love Midna or Sheik would be so pissed and I would just laugh my *** off. But in reality it dose look like Sheik is back for sure, we can only guess what her new move set and look will be (and hopefully actually look like a girl so we don't have to call her "it").

Arean

Smash Ace
Recheck the website.... the moveset is

Lanayrus's Love
Eldin's Fire
Faron's Wind
Twilight Change

so technically these arent Oot moves anymore hahahaha

EDIT : Oh.. Aeris already pointed this one out

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
Bleh, that's kinda lame because Eldin et al are not gods at all, just spirit servants of the goddesses. But whatever.

Wouldn't it be lamer if her Twilight Transformation... put her cloak on? :-P

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Recheck the website.... the moveset is

Lanayrus's Love
Eldin's Fire
Faron's Wind
Twilight Change

so technically these arent Oot moves anymore hahahaha

EDIT : Oh.. Aeris already pointed this one out
But I fixed that... :mad:. Looks like the forum thread doesn't change when you edit the main page.

Oh well, thanks for re-pointing that out. :laugh:

The Inker

Smash Rookie
I'm seeing more confusion over Sheik's gender here. Allow me to clear it up. Ahem....

Sheik is referred to as male in OoT. Sheik's body is shaped like a male's. So what if it's Zelda underneath? The character/persona/halloween costume known as Sheik is male.

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
I'm seeing more confusion over Sheik's gender here. Allow me to clear it up. Ahem....

Sheik is referred to as male in OoT. Sheik's body is shaped like a male's. So what if it's Zelda underneath? The character/persona/halloween costume known as Sheik is male.
Really? They only refer to Sheik as a him because they don't know who it is, and (s)he looks like a male. However, I'm not saying it's a her as a fact. After all, the official term is he/she/it/potato.

However, there does seem to be a kind of magic involved in the Zelda/Sheik transformation. This is because of the different build, hair length, eyes and such. Well, anyway, people will always argue over that. I think it's a she, because it is Zelda after all. All she does is changing her appearance.

Side note: Also, the name is spelled Sheik, NOT Shiek! Please! (not directed to you, The Inker)

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
after dealing with english grammer for many years
i will sometimes mispell sheik w/o thinking about it.

i think "twilight change" is a lot better then when it was
called "transform" in SSBM i guess its to give Zelda a more
TP aeppeal. it sucks they have to hold back a design for so long.
there better be somthing that looks amazingly different about sheik.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I guess it would make sense to change the name of the magic spells becausre the Three goddesses werent mentioned (i think)....but it would be weird to have the same attacks from the last game and rename them......

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Sheik is female. The only reason why she's referred as a male during the course of OoT is because nobody knows her real identity, and because of the looks, people tend to assume Sheik is male. It also builds the suspense better for when it's revealed that Sheik is Zelda near the end of the game.

I mean, look at the movie "Shakespeare in Love". In there, a woman disguises as a man completely hiding her female traits and fooling everyone else.

Sure, Zelda uses magic to change clothes, but that's all there is. A clothes change. There's nothing that indicates she goes a gender change "under there".

And besides, her Melee trophies refer to Sheik as a "She". That really should clear everything up.

On topic, while it's most possible that Sheik is back, the name "Twilight Change" does seem to indicate something from TP... mmm... Puppet Zelda?

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
Sheik is female. The only reason why she's referred as a male during the course of OoT is because nobody knows her real identity, and because of the looks, people tend to assume Sheik is male. It also builds the suspense better for when it's revealed that Sheik is Zelda near the end of the game.

I mean, look at the movie "Shakespeare in Love". In there, a woman disguises as a man completely hiding her female traits and fooling everyone else.

Sure, Zelda uses magic to change clothes, but that's all there is. A clothes change. There's nothing that indicates she goes a gender change "under there".

And besides, her Melee trophies refer to Sheik as a "She". That really should clear everything up.

On topic, while it's most possible that Sheik is back, the name "Twilight Change" does seem to indicate something from TP... mmm... Puppet Zelda?
There's a Dark Horse comic that implies she changes her gender to male. I like that idea better so I refer to Sheik as male, but it really makes no difference. Both viewpoints are valid.

Back to the topic of Sheik in Brawl, I'm worried that Twilight Change could mean nothing in reference to Sheik. Sheik had absolutely nothing to do with Twilight of any kind. On top of that, Zamus seems to have gotten alot of Sheik's old moves, and while I don't think that writes off the idea of Sheik in the game, I think it might have SOME weight. Hopefully that whole "Seek = Sheik" idea is correct and we'll be able to haveplenty of ninja action when brawl releases!

Bocom

Smash Apprentice
This could confirm Midna, either in (SPOILER if you haven't beat the game!) Twilight Princess form or in Imp form, as in Zelda tag-teaming with her.

That would be AWESOME! ^_^

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
I would like that this twilight change could bring us Midna maybe with her mask or maybe or maybe in her oh-beautifully form and I wonder if this twiligt form will have her own FS lets pray for that

AkA`Mr.Wigz

Smash Apprentice
I doubt "Twilight Change" is a transformation to "puppet Zelda" because in TP Zelda was possessed by Ganondorf. In TP Zelda had the sign of the Sheikah on her cloak. So "Twilight Change" could in fact be a transformation to Shiek. I'm not ruling out the fact that a change to Midna is not possible but, we do not know much of Midna outside of her Imp form.

For those of you who dont own TP or know of the shiekah sign in TP

The shiekah sign is highlighted in purple

Bocom

Smash Apprentice
I doubt "Twilight Change" is a transformation to "puppet Zelda" because in TP Zelda was possessed by Ganondorf. In TP Zelda had the sign of the Sheikah on her cloak. So "Twilight Change" could in fact be a transformation to Shiek. I'm not ruling out the fact that a change to Midna is not possible but, we do not know much of Midna outside of her Imp form.

Good point.

I would still want Midna though. ^_^

Smash Ace
ye
ah, Midna would be pretty tight--in her real form though.

=2007=

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
EDIT: Nevermind.

And below poster: "Seek" is not Sheik's Japanese name, I'm told. So we still don't know what that statement means.
Well, whoever told you that is either lying or stupid. Some research will tell you that the Japanese version of the game uses "シーク," which Babelfish translates as "Seeking." The problem is that idiots like your friend ( let me guess, they're "Japanese") tried to translate the Japanese using Babelfish, and no one seems interested in correcting the error in the first place.

Sputnikk8156

Smash Journeyman
Can we get besides the Sheik thing and see if there are any other pictures of the cards..because I'd like to see all of them TBH. So we can confirm a lot of others moves.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
We still haven't seen the other twenty+, which I find odd. We got those pictures a few days ago right? We didn't get the other pages, better quality, or the other cards.

Call me crazy, but I don't think the Zelda card looks consistent with the other ones. Until we actually see the rest of the cards, or get some scans, which I can't believe we haven't gotten yet, I'll be more inclined to believe it.

There's probably more information within those cards as well.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree we used to call her transformation in melee THE MAN. LOL
I call "it" the he/she/it/potato/tomato/freak/alien/alien! :chuckle:

a twilight version of sheik eh? Hey maybe Sheik will finally actually resemble a girl for once.
Assuming "it" is one.

Changes to Midna...why wouldn't Midna be her own character (with or without Wolf Link)=??? (assuming Mindna is in) If it's not Shiek, it's probably Zelda with that cloak in the pick above that you posted. But it's as close to confirmed a s possible with Shiek.

Good point.

I would still want Midna though. ^_^
Same here. And we call it a diffrent character slot. >_>

How many cards are out and how often do they come out?
I think 20 something. I know it was somewhere in the 20's (number of character and character cards). I think it was over 24 (25 or 26, maybe?), but don't take that for fact. Anyone know for certain=???

I heard everyone out so far (excludidng Olimar) has one. Also, i heard that each pokemon from the pokemon trainer has its own. There was one that was not known yet. MAybe Olimar was the missing character. Although, I am not sure this is correct, my friend told me about it.

Top Bottom