• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corneria, the Great fox and up B

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately i can't show a video for this but i can describe what happened at least.

While i was playing against a friend who was Lucas he ran off the edge while the Great Fox was charging and absorbed the lasers (As he always does, hence why he picks Corneria). I chased him down there after he had PK thundered onto the Great Fox lasers, the only way i could make it down there was to jump down and Up B onto the Great fox. As Lucas was already still standing on the Great fox it instantly grabbed him instead and proceeded to 'YES!' him, and then i used it again, and then again and again and again and again and again until he was high enough % to be stage spiked by my Up B. Keeping in mind i would have fallen to my death if i didn't keep Up Bing!

I know this isn't very amazing, i'm not trying to boast or anything, I hardly ever play as Cpt falcon anyway. I just found this rather amusing and quite a good counter for anyone trying to use the Great fox to their advantage.

So basically, spam Up b and they can't escape, similar to a chain grab. I don't know any other stage which this might work on.
Also sorry if this was already posted by someone , but i couldn't find it anyway.

Iwan

Smash Ace
hmm....this sounds kind of interesting. Wonder if there are any other counter pick-ish stages this could work on.

nevertheless, thanks....interesting stuff.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
You clearly aren't playing this game correctly if your friend still plays Lucas.

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
You clearly aren't playing this game correctly if your friend still plays Lucas.
You're clearly a pompous douchebag. What was the purpose of that comment anyway. He discovered something interesting and posted about it, and you come here all elitist and tell him he clearly doesn't play the game correctly. As if there is a correct way to play the game in the first place.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I clearly am being sarcastic. You clearly don't read these forums often.

On the other hand, lol at the funny but otherwise useless original post? Is that better?

hellbourne

Smash Cadet
I clearly don't play captain falcon, so clearly I don't read these forums often. Clear?

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Would be awesome if other people have come across this or something similar, might actually be of some use or it could have been a one off lucky thing.

Ah forums usually suck btw when they are flooded with useless 5 word posts...And for any smart arses i realise the above post is 4 words xD

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I clearly don't play captain falcon, so clearly I don't read these forums often. Clear?
What does that have to do with anything? Is that your excuse for posting something idiotic? Holy crap people if you miss a ****ing joke don't be an *** about it. Besides, the joke is not limited to this forum; pretty much everyone on SWF knows that Ness and Lucas get ***** by Marth with no hope for victory. If you don't know that well then it sucks to be you.

On topic: Pretty cool story.

Ayato

Smash Apprentice
And can't this be stopped by a simple wall tech?

Oh, and I find this funny too, if only for the one time that it will ever happen.

Grimpeh

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i got my mate to help me test it out again and it seems like it was a one off. You can simply move out of it or dodge it. It's still a pretty viable way of doing some damage, but if they are any good and dodge your up B you are in a very punishable position.

So basically, this is not that useful...Sorry

Top Bottom