• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corneria Bthrow instant Kill

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I used B-throw next to the Great Fox's fin in Corneria and the level glitched and sent my opponent through the stage. NOW READ MY LONG STORY

I was playing smash tonight against a friend of mine on Corneria. He was Fox, I was Kirby(obviously) and like any other player who happens to have controller port 1 and spawns right on top of the fin, the first thing I did was drop down and begin hide camp. This particular friend of mine had recently played as Marth on the same level where I did the same thing, only he made the mistake of entering the "Kirby Zone" that is the under the fin area and he was readily 4 stocked. As such, he was quite reluctant to go back down under there, and so after about a minute and a half of waiting I proceeded to finally go up top and fight him. Bad idea, I got *****. He killed me, I killed him, then he killed me back and he was only at about 30%. I realized that I had no hope of winning in the "Fox Zone" so I decided to hide back in my happy place and let him come to me(there was no time limit on, I can do that) Well he finally comes down and I proceed to **** him, a few up tilts, a bair and a missed tech to Dsmash later and he's off the ledge and getting himself edgeguarded to death. Now heres where the fun comes in as we both now have 2 stock and I have about 40%, he decides to come back down for a second round. I get him in a grab and Dthrow tech chase a little, but after about 30% I go running the wrong way and now he's at the extreme right end of the level and Im up against the wall. Now this is the important part of my long story, he runs up to me and I shield grab him and I Bthrow. Only, he doesn't bounce off the wall. He falls through the level to his death instead(much to his chagrin) Well, the match proceeded after that(I won, 2 stock YAYEAHZ) and then we had to give up our controllers because many others wanted to play and we never really got a chance to test out this odd anomaly. I've seen Phanna doing stock canceling and I know about falling through a stage(to an extent, I would like someone to explain it a little further to me) and I was wondering if mabye it was something we as Kirby players could take advatage of. Ok, im tired, bed time.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
1) Phanna does it.
2) Use the search?
3) Sleep earlier
4) My commentary video is awesome
5) I just read your rant
6) Funny Story

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Wow, there was too much exposition in your story. I know you said you were tired, but it should have been: "I used B-throw next to the Great Fox's fin in Corneria and the level glitched and sent my opponent through the stage."

It's a funny story, and I hope we Kirby players can figure out how to abuse this. ;)

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Wow, there was too much exposition in your story. I know you said you were tired, but it should have been: "I used B-throw next to the Great Fox's fin in Corneria and the level glitched and sent my opponent through the stage."

It's a funny story, and I hope we Kirby players can figure out how to abuse this. ;)
Maybe we should call it the "Reaper Throw" and get Corneria to become Kirby's #1 stage.

Even though Kirby's performance is terrible on Corneria other than camping!

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I'm all for calling it the Reaper Throw, but only if we can find out how to do it consistently.

Unfortunately Corneria is banned in a lot of tournaments due to it's camping/glitching tendancies. Not like it matters much to me with all these Foxes running around.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
lol at Reaper Throw XD

Yeah, I know it was long, I made it as long as I possibly could. The thing is, I never really got a chance to test it to see if it could be done consistently. I don't fully know how/why it happens and I was hoping someone with real skill/an AR(t!Mmy) could test it.

EDIT: There, I edited my post, happy?

yuki

Smash Apprentice
Reaper throw sounds cool... Now all that remains is getting my friend to come to the Kirby zone and find out how we can overabuse this reaper throw best...

perpetual ownage

Smash Journeyman
Once a simmilar thing happened to me. I was Fox at the time BTW. I was playing Smash with a friend on Brinstar depths. He was Sheik. I was against a wall and he forward smashed me. I sheilded and suddenly, the forward smash somehow pushed me through the stage. I fell through to my death losing the match. It was weird. Maybe it only works on Fox. I don't know.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I asked Phanna for his assistance in the matter, here's what I got,
phanna said:
I'm looking into it, but whenever the actual ship on Corneria is rising relative to the camera, certain fall-through glitches are possible, most famously due to attacking a Samus bomb. I haven't gotten Kirby's bthrow to cause this yet, but the theory I'm going on is he wiggled out right before you released him from the bthrow, and was effectively past the wall due to the ships motion. Was he low-ish percent? From your description it sounds like he was between 40% and 70%, which sounds right.

For sure though, it's not easily caused by just Kirby, so this isn't game-breaking. It involves at least the motion of the ship, as well as possibly opponent's accidentally wiggling out at precise time.
Well, there you have it. It doesn't seem possible to do on command BUT it may still be possible to do in game as Kirby if we can get the timing down. If it is do to the opponent getting out of the throw at at certain time it could technically be forced simply by using a low % Bthrow with Kirby as the opponent may very well wiggle out without doing anything as the Bthrow is so easily broken out of. He said he'll keep looking into it, so if any new info is found, I'll post it here.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Lol at the edited first post. :)

This is the same glitch as I've seen on Pokemon Stadium, Pokefloats, and at other locations on the Great Fox in Corneria (it's happened to me once).

What's funny is that even if we could do this glitch consistently with Kirby's B-throw, it would make about as much of an impact as the Rainbowcide in Rainbow Cruise... maybe less since most tournaments I play in on the West Coast have this stage permabanned.

Top Bottom