• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool combo on lighter characters

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
If they're below 15% and you get a grab, proceed as follows:

Dthrow
SH Nair (Land both kicks)
(Land on the ground)
SH Uair
Double jump
Nair (Land both kicks)
(Land on the ground)
SH Fair

When you SH Fair at the end, if you tip it, you can still lead it into a knee. I've only tested it on lighter characters, but it's pretty brutal and racks up some nice damage. It doesn't seem to work amazingly well against Metaknight because his attacks are so fast that sometimes you get interrupted. Still testing... Try it out!

Reaver197

Smash Lord
I can't say I usually have much opportunity to test things against lighter characters, but in my experience thus far, a throw usually can't lead to an aerial since they can dodge way too quickly, and if you do hit them, following up with even more moves without them airdodging seems even more unlikely.

Not that I don't wish that the airdodging mechanic wasn't so spammably good...sigh. But oh well. I look forward to trying this out, though I must say I usually shy away from grabbing too often with Falcon since it's so short now.

AngeloBangelo

Smash Lord
Yeah, AD is definitely SLIGHTLY buffed in Brawl :(

I'm going to keep testing it out with my friends and try to only provide combos that are difficult to AD out of. AS for this one, if anyone wants to try it out with a friend and debunk it, go for it! I've only pulled it off once on something living, and a few times on comps. Living opponent = no dodge. But comp also = no dodge (The don't really dodge often anyway so it's not saying much).

Anyone try it out yet with a friend?

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I'll have to test this later today, I haven't found much use for the nair in my developing game (Falcon's so different I'm changing tons of things, and yet I still am ******. =D) but this might change that...

verditude

Smash Journeyman
That's definitely airdodgeable out of. It's a cool string, but I could mash R and stop it.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
The problem lies not in the lack of lag in CF's moves (seeing as he has no lag from dair, nair and upair most of the times), but the stun time that comes with this new engine. He will recover from those attacks faster than you can perform another, thus the opponent can airdodge out.

Rang Flash

Smash Journeyman
this psuedo combo can still lead to mindgames. For example. say you know they're gonna airdodge your next attack. Instead of doing the usual nair, just wait for them to airdodge first and then punish it. I guess you could mix it up a little and try to do the combo if they start catching on.

Doomgaze

Smash Apprentice
Yes that is a natural effect but it's mostly about luck (and catching up to common reactions).

Anyway that still isn't a combo because combo = inescapable.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
Yes that is a natural effect but it's mostly about luck (and catching up to common reactions).

Anyway that still isn't a combo because combo = inescapable.
Eh, it's a chain then. In some of the ADable spots, you can follow up with an SH Uair/Nair after the AD occurs. It's still a nice attack string; it seems combos don exits in Brawl too tough that's good enough.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol @ combos in Brawl. I always dreamed of playing Falcon in low tier tourneys. This was certainly a creative way for this dream to come true however not really what I had in mind...

Mann

Smash Ace
I went and tried it out on someone who likes to use Metaknight at my community college. His attacks stopped me in the middle of it, but he was past 80%.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
I can't even catch up to the guy after the downthrow to hit him while he's stunned with the SH Nair. Is this designed for them to land before the Nair or what?

A video would be enormously helpful.

Runeblade279

Smash Apprentice
I can't even catch up to the guy after the downthrow to hit him while he's stunned with the SH Nair. Is this designed for them to land before the Nair or what?

A video would be enormously helpful.
I'm pretty sure opponents can DI out of this string.

If you want something a bit less long, but a bit more guaranteed and versatile. Try d-throw > dash attack > uair/utilt depending on percentages. I use this basic combo pretty well against pit, dunno how it'd fair againts olimar/MK/diddy.

EDIT: Also, I've found if when you hit with the dash attack that it sends them back, or they DI that way, reverse short hop and bair that sucker. I always catch people offguard with bair. ;)

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
Yeah Runeblade I do something similar to that as well. I've also found Utilt into dash Usmash works because Falcon slides right to where the knockback takes the opponent. Also with the double kicks the air dodge effect is lessened and if they land at the right time you can even get both kicks on them. Then after the Usmash you can chase up with Uairs. The key I've noticed for aerials on falling opponents is to chase with a parabolic jump trajectory because chances are they will air dodge so if you go from one side of them to the other, you can lead with a Fair/Uair and if they airdodge then you can immediately follow up with a Bair that will hit with proper DI on your part. I've found this tactic very useful because most people don't expect the double attack and even if they do it's hard to defend against.

Also RARing people with Falcon works pretty well, especially after hitting them with a Utilt or Running A as you mentioned.

Top Bottom