• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool Cape glitch

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjtzwmKC9Gs

Glitch occurs at 2:34

BO X7 and I believe it is caused when someone is Caped at the exact same time they are hit by another attack. In this case, Kirby's Final cutter got reflected back at him, hurt him, but at the same time he got hit by the Cape hitbox.

Any other thoughts?

Matt07

Smash Master
Woah, that is so friggen sweet. Umm....wow? I honestly don't know what to say. It's like power shielding Roy's Flare Blade in Melee, except with the Cape. Do you know if this happens to other characters?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
OMG so seriously, boss and I were talking.

Adomnintendoguy (9:49:10 PM): I was just thinking...could this be useful in teams?
Adomnintendoguy (9:49:23 PM): I mean where you have a partner hit your enemy and you Cape them the same time.
shadowmnvol3 (9:49:34 PM): i mean
shadowmnvol3 (9:49:37 PM): just maybe
Adomnintendoguy (9:50:58 PM): I mean you partner with Korn, he uses like Snake. He F-tilts, then you Cape them lol.
Adomnintendoguy (9:51:09 PM): Or something like that lol.
shadowmnvol3 (9:51:20 PM): i will try that
shadowmnvol3 (9:51:31 PM): sounds interesting
Adomnintendoguy (9:51:33 PM): Lol thanks.
Adomnintendoguy (9:51:43 PM): I can't test it out right now cause I'm a little busy lol.
Adomnintendoguy (9:52:07 PM): But the main thing I want to confirm is that knockback + Cape = momentum boost.
shadowmnvol3 (9:52:28 PM): thats true
shadowmnvol3 (9:52:30 PM): it does
shadowmnvol3 (9:52:33 PM): already tested it
Adomnintendoguy (9:52:43 PM): Oic.

lulz

Matt07

Smash Master
Lol wtf? Usually when I cape people who are rolling, they just turn around, still rolling. Never seen one sliding half way across FD O.o.

Genos

Smash Apprentice
That's so weird. the majority of my matches are Mario vs. kirby and this has never happened to me. Are there videos of this happening with other characters like you guys say?

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes, it also happens when you cape Captain Falcon right before he punches. I can't seem the find the video Mario 101 sent me, however I'm pretty sure you can find a related video on youtube.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Yes, it also happens when you cape Captain Falcon right before he punches. I can't seem the find the video Mario 101 sent me, however I'm pretty sure you can find a related video on youtube.
Heh heh... If you do it right to Ganondorf or Falcon on Bridge of Eldin with their punches... Heh. It's easier to do with Pit's shield though. It's still hilarious.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Yes, it was talked about for quite awhile months back. It was left alone due to how unpractical it was.

Matt, I dunno why you're surprised. You told me about this with Pikachu's thunder.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Are you talking about how the cape amplifies knockback?

Me and my bro used to do that for Homerun Contest and could get over 2,500 even though we both sucked at it. We played Mario and Luigi and I just cape the sandbag when he hits it with the bat.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, but, I didn't know that you could make their momentum go twice as fast, when they use an attack with knockback.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I had no idea mario could do that. i would hate for this to only work on kirby.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I would imagine it has alot to do with precise timing on the cape. To shift the momentum of the attack like that.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
There are many interesting things around "The Cape": 1.-Teleporting: i have teleported Link's, Marths and Luigis, as far as i can remember, 2.- KBoost.- this can be done when the enemy has being attacked by someone/something and you cape them, they'll go almost x2 far way from the original knockback received, 3.- Roll'd Cape(lol): i have experienced this too, when i caped someone when he's rolling and they went from side to side of the stage while in the roll animation, maybe this could help us to have a very nice "get away" move...well, i think Mario is a very good character with all this in mind, what do u think.?

Top Bottom