• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controllers...

Squeek727

Smash Cadet
K so i do not know if this belongs under this section of the forums if not sorry. Anyways my controllers have been worn out from all my playing and i am going to get a new one. I would like to know if the wireless are bad at all. I usually use a wavebird but all my friends say its not good and dont work well with smash but for me they are fine. Do they take longer to respond to the game slowing down your character? And should i get a wired one? Please Help.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
There is absolutly nothing wrong with wavebirds, that's just superstition. Nintendo has made very good wireless controllers since the SNES days, they know what they are doing.

I bought my controller at a pawn shop and the wire is kind of frayed and I still did ok in the last tourney I went to haha.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Wavebirds do seem to have a few frames of lag (or so they say...). Still, I can't see this being a problem if you're used to it, as you'd just learn to compensate for this lag subconciously.

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
Wavebird with fresh batteries and a reasonable amount of other electronics around work flawlessly. When the batteries get low, or interference gets high, then there be problems.

Also, if you're a tourney goer, they're usually frowned upon because of the limited channels.

pdk

Smash Lord
just get a wired one, you don't want to be shown the door at tourneys now do you

Banks

Smash Hero
people dont use wavebirds because of the possibility that some interference or battery problem could mess up serious matches, but if u dont mind the risk then there is nothing wrong with them

pdk

Smash Lord
it's almost as if wavebirds make their own interference just because they think there isn't enough, i've got some that need turned off and on after like half an hour

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
SO you decided to make a spam post interesting decision...

Hey i recommend you just get a wired one, its much more cost efficient and if you plan on going to any tournaments its the way to go

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I've used a wavebird until I managed to damage the Control Stick. There is no lag whatsoever, it's just superstition.

Fletch

Smash Master
A lot of tournaments and smashers not only look down upon wavebirds, but also ban it. If you plan to play in any tournaments, I'd recommend getting a wired controller. The wavebirds all work flawlessly, however, and if you're just simply playing at home, I'd recommend buying one, I have 4 and have never experienced any lag with them.

Imortal Demigod

Smash Rookie
I think in a video I saw PC Chris was using a wireless in the 2006 MLG Nationals. But I dunno about wireless controllers, when I used to play Halo 2, I had a wireless, sometimes it would screw up. But for now I play SSBM on my Wii with some crappy 3rd party controllers lol, on Thursday i'm getting a real Gamecube/Wii controller though, yippy.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I remember I saw a few guys racing RC cars and apparently 2 shared a channel so they moved identically when the guy tried to control one of them lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yea plus imagine an intense match and some ******* in the back of the room fiddles with his wavebird because he's bored and ****s up the person in the match GRRR

Top Bottom