• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Stuff

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What controller do you use, and have you made any changes to your button configuration? Does a certain controller provide any advantages?

I switch between the classic controller and the gamecube controller because I just cant decide which one I like more. I also turned off stick-jumping (or whatever you call it) to make up tilts and ledge stalling easier.

TierWhore

Smash Journeyman
i just use original, with tap jump off it's annoying to upb out of shield and upsmash out of shield

ook

Smash Lord
I use the normal gamecube configuration, with tap jump on. I usually don't use the stick to jump, but sometimes I found I was trying to recover and died because I didn't double jump. :/
I never really thought I used the tap jump, but I guess sometimes, subconsciously, I do.

Mr Nobody

Smash Cadet
I'm in the same boat as ook. I use normal Gamecube controller and default settings. I never thought I used tap jump either, but I do find myself sometimes using it by accident in the air or something.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I set x to grab and z to shield for faster grabs even if it is 1 or 2 frames faster

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Default settings for GC. Only reason I don't change them is because I still play Melee just as much as Brawl. I main Fox in Melee so I use tap jumping a lot for SHDLs and stuff. Currently maining Lucas with Dedede as my secondary. B-sticking doesn't suit me. I never even thought to try classic controller or the others just because I love the GC controller so much.

The only thing I would definetly say not to do at this point is to set your tilts to the c-stick. Just learn how to do tilts. It's not that bad with some practice. I even find that Brawl is less sensitive than Melee so it's easier to do tilts (but that might just be me.) Note that not having your smashes set to your c-stick means that everytime you do a forward smash you have a chance of tripping. I've started even doing my forward Bs on the ground by tilting rather than smashing to take out one more chance of tripping.

Oracle

Smash Master
I have c stick set to tilts because DK relies on tilts at low percentages. I'm thinking about switching back, as the only thing I use that for now is to not fastfall my Dairs

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Default, with jUMP Tap off. I find it annoying when i wanna utilt and i jump. I also use the wii remote and nunchuck, but only when im messin around. Once you get use to it, its like the gc controller but ********.

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
I use no tap jump (for easy utilts) and r button as specials, but thats mainly to screw with people who keep my tag on when they play, I don't actually hit R

Top Bottom