• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Problems

bwrw

Smash Rookie
Apologies if there is a thread on this already. Feel free to redirect me and delete this if there is.

Recently my controller has been acting up - quite a lot. It's pretty much impossible to do an up-tilt on them, and they end up becoming unresponsive or inputting random commands to the extent that the controller has practically played the match for me. For durations up to around 40 seconds i'll be mashing A with no result, and occasionally when pressing A or R, I will get a B attack. The buttons on the controller (and surprisingly enough, the joystick) are in great shape, they respond well, don't stick ~ so i'm at a loss as to why i'm getting these results.

I've tried using electronics lubricant from the outside of the controller, with a slight bit of success (up-tilts started working again briefly). But I would like to restore my controller to the little purple workhorse it used to be. Any insight is appreciated, $79.95 from Amazon for a new controller is just ridiculous.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
play-asia.com, new controller for ~$35 including shipping.

you might want to try opening the controller with a triwing screwdriver and cleaning the insides. This may have happened if you spilled pop or something on the controller and it got on the circuit board. Cleaning it with rubbing alcohol would fix it in that case. Be sure to let it dry before you put it back together and plug it in.

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Strange... But one of my controllers, I don't use anymore for this reason: I can't crouch with it. It's weird... I can do any down attack but I can't crouch. But you should be able to get a good controller for cheap.

Vash.

Smash Cadet
play-asia.com, new controller for ~$35 including shipping.

you might want to try opening the controller with a triwing screwdriver and cleaning the insides. This may have happened if you spilled pop or something on the controller and it got on the circuit board. Cleaning it with rubbing alcohol would fix it in that case. Be sure to let it dry before you put it back together and plug it in.
That site seems to only have white in stock. =((( The emerald blue controller looks so sick.

Top Bottom