• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller/Hand configt @ Pills

Ipwn

Smash Apprentice
How do u do a full rising pill and stuff. Place-bo. Take 2 and call me in the morning
With place-bo i just Slide my finger from Y(!) to B. And with Take 2 and...yea you know
Very funz0r, I slide my finger from Y(!) to B then Dj with X ( XD) to B.

How do you guys hold ya hands with Pil spam and other sorrtiments.

pockyD

Smash Legend
the timing is forgiving enough on most "pill tricks" (read: the FJ rising pill and then whatever before hitting the ground) that I don't use any special method

opiumfish13

Smash Rookie
eh?

Well when initially trying to do it with the X + B, my slow clumsy hand wouldn't allow me to do it. I find it is easiest to do it by sliding your finger off of the Y button.

FOB

Smash Ace
*sigh*.. So many topics that have been made in the Doc boards that can just be answered with: PRACTICE!! Just practice jamming y/x to b and then slap R when you come near the ground. ...

iankobe

Smash Lord
*sigh*.. So many topics that have been made in the Doc boards that can just be answered with: PRACTICE!! Just practice jamming y/x to b and then slap R when you come near the ground. ...
Pratice is the key. If you see some tricks that you saw on any of the video, try to mimic how they do it first, and then come and ask us.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
yeah i generally only use escaping the crime scene and full hop pill wavedash back or just sh pill

the double pill is good ut i havent mastered it 100% yet

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Hand configuration, eh?

Well, you see. There is this thing called a controller. And I put my hands on it. And push the buttons and stuff.

Yep.

Are you serious, though? Just hit Y/X and B quickly... as long as you don't wait too long after jumping, you should be fine. The timing isn't anything ridiculous like Falco's laser tricks.

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, even that isn't hard...

Also, Doesn't nearly everyone hold the controller the same? I mean there could be someone out there that holds it upside down, but not many.

Duckles

Smash Cadet
I find it easiest to do all the pill tricks if I use my feet. I know you didn't ask about eye configuration but try doing it with your eyes closed, it should help.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
jesusfreak is a notable TX player who holds his controller very odd.
he handles his control stick like an arcade stick(finger and thumb gripping it, wout anything supporting back of controller) and he has no trouble at all ****** w/ DK's shuffled upairs combos on the fastfallers, lol.

but yea..he's using the names i gave to the pill tricks, hahaha. its been a long time since i've seen anyone type them out. :p they were just meant to be funny ways of relating them to drugs..but nobody will really know what ur talking about if u use them elsewhere, lol.

in other news...did my eyes decieve me, or did bobmoney actually post here last week?

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
Nothing holding behind the controller on the left? Crazy. I do something similar which I have heard called the claw. I don't know, I just can't play 'normally', I've tried.

Top Bottom