• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Consistent glide tossing

Count

Smash Champion
I have the muscle memory for glide tossing down, but I often throw my nanas straight up or straight down..it seems like the c-stick has to be pointed exactly to the left or right for my tosses to go how I wanted them to. Recently on gamebattles I glide tossed well the entire match and beat a solid wario..a few matches later my bananas were going everywhere and my lousy opponent was punishing me..so any suggestions on how to keep the tosses more consistent.? And while I'm here, does anybody have helpful suggestions on how to close out matches..maybe a seldom used tactic that can come in handy when it is really needed? In matches on gamebattles that end two games to one, I am a mere 5 wins to 18 losses. I have a lot of trouble nailing down a clutch game. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the help!

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I have the muscle memory for glide tossing down, but I often throw my nanas straight up or straight down..it seems like the c-stick has to be pointed exactly to the left or right for my tosses to go how I wanted them to. Recently on gamebattles I glide tossed well the entire match and beat a solid wario..a few matches later my bananas were going everywhere and my lousy opponent was punishing me..so any suggestions on how to keep the tosses more consistent.? And while I'm here, does anybody have helpful suggestions on how to close out matches..maybe a seldom used tactic that can come in handy when it is really needed? In matches on gamebattles that end two games to one, I am a mere 5 wins to 18 losses. I have a lot of trouble nailing down a clutch game. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for the help!
Just practice until it's perfect muscle memory. It doesn't take much practice. I did it last night at the tournament during friendlies and I have it down. It's simple

Rex+

Smash Ace
You glide toss with the C-Stick?
I always did it with just the joystick and A. I've never had any trouble with landing glide tosses.

IDK

Smash Lord
well you HAVE to use the joystick to do the roll. but the c-stick is the only thing you can do for reverse glide tossing. unless you want to turn around.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
To close out matches just try to grab them and Fthrow or Bthrow and then pursuit them. Just keep doing that unti they die. Or use bananas and make them trip for a Dmash/Fsmash

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
you kind of answered your own question right in the beggining, just make sure you cstick exactly to the right or left.

psike

Smash Apprentice
Something I like to do to finish people off is to go the whole match without charging the down smash, and then when you get them high enough to take them out and you know they are about to approach, charge the down smash, wait for them to get close and release as they run into you.

Top Bottom