• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connor's House Tournament: 12/05/09 This is still happening!

aznforce817

Smash Lord
My hands always hurt after playing Melee. Specifically, my left hand's knuckles. Once I get to that point, I'm usually playing pretty well though.

Hmm,

Keep my hands in good condition by playing less often
or
Enjoy the game to the fullest while I still can

I already have my answer, but everyone else is free to comment.
Find a way to position ur hands so it doesnt hurt? :p

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
flaking isnt even fun. youre all like **** im letting everyone down. then later you realize that you didnt do anything and should have gone

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
I feel bad about having to leave early. I really wanted to play you in the finals, Mango. :(

Another time for sure, though!

After being upset with how I played at UCLA, I suddenly felt reinvigorated in Melee, and for the first time in like five months, I feel like I'm genuinely improving again, even though I still can't consistently dthrow, lol. Melee is amazing.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
joe if you absolutely can't get a car, hit me up on aim and I'll drive over there and we can take my car to connors.
awww how cute

you missed a hell of a tournament

thats what 805 is all about <3
so sad to see this post and then Banned (6 points)

its 4:30
i prob am not going
i actually was in walnut and hit up adam trying to see if i could crash the night there and we could roll to connors
but he ignored my call
=[
I was asleep holmes, knocked out around 3. Was at Connor's already so **** it

PS text > phone when it comes to me, i respond to text ASAP all the time but often times don't pick up the phone

--

Shoutouts:

Connor: cuz this tournament ****ing *****. A good mixture of bad randoms (pot money dog), good randoms (playing new people *****), and good players (bragging rights). Only regret I had was teaming with Fly (sorry Fly, but go Fox/Marth in teams from now on lmao). Shoulda teamed with THEE futile.

Fly: You did get better, but I'm always bitter about anyone who beats me in tourny unless you're Lucky or Mango. I learned my lesson though: Ban Corneria, go Marth when you pick FD, and win the first match.

Kira: Team with me

Lovage: Next time it's Marth on Yoshi's Story *****. PS team with me

Replicate: Don't get down on yourself for ****ting the bed this tournament. It happens. But seriously, 24?!?!?! Hahahaha. It was funny how we were both choking in our tourny match. Actually it wasn't funny at all, it was scary as ****, but it's easy to say it's funny since I ended up winning. Fluke *** win though. I **** you in friendlies!

Connorx2: Dude you're good now. You'll be really good when you figure out the mental part of the game. Just trust your game. You know you're good, you know what you do well, so when bad **** happens, just forget about it and keep playing your game. Two or even three stock deficits don't mean anything. Three mistakes and the tables have turned. It's melee dog.

Mango: Even though you are literally too good at this game, I dunno what tournaments would be like without you.

Everyone else I'm too lazy to shout out: All the newish people, keep playing, you're getting a lot better. Especially hyprid and 24. Except for that douche Falco who kept flipping off the TV, LMAO. Aznforce almost beat my Fox, I was scared :( -- you're getting better dude.

Random Melee epiphany: If you look at everyone who's consistent and good at this game, they're aggressive and level-headed. That means they don't camp (this means you P), they don't put their head down when bad stuff happens (Connor), and they don't think they know everything (Steven). So when I look at myself and ask why I'm not as good as I think I should be, these are the answers looking back at me: I'm not humble enough (treat every opponent like Mango and every stock like your last), I succumb to pressure (just concentrate more) and I am not aggressive enough (the only way to beat good players is to force them to make mistakes, and if you camp they never will).

The beast has been awakened ;)

GSUB

Smash Lord
thanks connor

you're welcome for pot money p

nice seeing you people again (lovage, replicate, aznforce, kira, etc.)

and nice meeting new people (24, wes, and, um... otheres i guess)

especially you mango n____n you've inspired me to keep playing

and you're just plain cool

**** i really wanted to go to denny's

someone save me a pancake please

Lovage

Smash Hero
dennys RAPEDD too many laughs
pretty amazing tourny as well i think the arcadians STEPPED it up today for sure

POST DEM RESULTS so i can jerk off to em

festizzio

Smash Champion
thanks connor

you're welcome for pot money p

nice seeing you people again (lovage, replicate, aznforce, kira, etc.)

and nice meeting new people (24, wes, and, um... otheres i guess)

especially you mango n____n you've inspired me to keep playing

and you're just plain cool

**** i really wanted to go to denny's

someone save me a pancake please
HEY...what do you mean, "you people"?

aznforce817

Smash Lord
Oh yeah i have the results cuz i practically ran the tournament. :p Aznforce 6 anyone lol.

Doubles:
1: adrian and rocky balboa (psychomidget mango)
2: Please Mess Up Your Spacing So We Can Win! (CONNOR KORYUU)
3: morgan freeman went and saw twilight but didnt think it was very good (lovage replicate)
4: TofuKira (Kira Tofu)
5: hardgay (adam fly)
5: Presidents of Perfection (Dcmoney Aznforce)
7: losing with style (Jwalkingkirby hybrid)
7: pc and isai (gsub deadshot)

Singles:
1: Mango
2: Fly Amanita
3: Lovage
4: Kira
5: P
5: Psychomidget
7: 24
7: C0nn0r
9: replicate
9: Wes
9: Futile
9: 0089
13: jwalkingkirby
13: Aznforce
13: Hyprid
13: Mokoto Nagano
17: Deadshot
17: Sherigami
17: DCmoney
17: GSUB
17: JDM

Your welcome so-cal ****nn that was a fun tournament forsure. i feel like i learned some new things and seeing all these new faces i gotta start stepping it up even more forsure.

Shoutouts:

Connor- im such a good friend huh? helping u with the tourny. ahha, omg little big planet is too fun.

Kira- We ***** that little big planet stage LOL, fun friendlies at tourny even though we friendly so much already. i still want to play you more im just so excited to play again right now. Monday fosho.

Derrick- Good matches dude loved playing doubles, always fun playing with you man.

Lovage- LOOOOOOOOOOOOVAGE u yell alot during crews, its fuuuunnyz. Good job team captain. haha

Joeplicate- Your too good :O i cant think of other things to say. oh yeah nice jeans. LOL

P- Good MM man, was a hard match, i'll get u next time fosho. :D

Psychomidget- what can i say ur house *****. and u **** too no worries bout that.

MANGO- Lakers are too good you know that. :) Fun driving with you mangooo and thanks for killing me during crews. :p

EVERYONE ELSE im so tired right now, it's always good seeing you guys again GSUB(pc chris) and isai. jdm, irvine people and smashers that i've met before. 24 it was nice meeting you and all the new guys i've never met before but today. This tournament was fun no doubt. Wes i think u need to stop flipping off the tv if u get ***** in smash. It bothered me during our match. lol

TOFU good MM i cant believe i forgot so tired. THERES UR RESULTS SO-CAL IM OUT.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
This tournament was fun. Wish I could've stayed for crews.
I hate doing shoutouts so I'm going to keep this short.

Connor - You have definitely improved. You're getting there kid. We should team more often :) "OH PLEASE MESS UP YOUR SPACING SO I COULD WIN!!!!" FTW lol

Kira - Even though I lost to you in tournament, I'm somewhat happy simply because you helped me remember the Marth match up. After I lost, everything came flooding back. I'm glad I was able to redeem myself in our MM (after I lost the tournament match to your Marth, I wasn't kidding when I said "It wont happen again" :chuckle: ) Thanks to you, I think I'm going to enjoy vs Marth from now on.

Anyway, I think your Sheik > Marth. I see more potential in your Sheik than in your Marth.

Oh.. and one more thing... I am NOT a noob! :)

Mango - Mango, Mango, Mango... told you you're Falcon can't **** me. LOL and I told you your Puff can't **** me either. I still love you though (no homo) :)

Cameron - I love you too (yes homo)

Everyone else - good ****. Melee community > life.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
ryan- IDK where that forum is. and im too scared. you should do it. if we get our permaban turned to 3 perma points i might be at like 5 :<

bbb

Smash Champion
lol, if he has another one I'll actually go, but I was eating serious **** yesterday so I'm glad I flaked

JDM

Smash Champion
Shoutouts:

Connor/embrace: Thanks for trying to train me after you 3/4 stocked me in the tourney lol. Hope the cake was still good after been sitting next to a hot TV for 9 hours lol.

Kira: Thanks for the ride again. Help me train so I can get better at this game.

Sheri: Sugar water lol.

Psychomidget: LBP is too ****.

Wes(t): Stop flicking off the TV it's annoying XD.

Mango: Sup.

Futile: Your CF impressed me.

And it was great to see some familiar faces again: Fly,Aznforce,24,Lovage,PC Chris.

Kira-

Smash Champion
I Want My Shmooguy Account Back

Being technical is such an incredible feeling, I'm gonna get good at this game and **** everyone up, no more playing around

Yesterday was one of the best days ever lol =P

Camilo - We **** in teams, next time we go with our first gut instinct, not stay with the safe choice. My fox ***** though, I was surprising myself mid-match at the things I was doing

Mango - you're a cool guy, it's always fun chillin with you. You talk in your sleep lmao

Fly Amanita - You definitely got way better, I'm glad to hear you're into Melee again. I too have trouble dthrowing, that **** aint easy

Lovage - we should play more, good **** at getting 3rd

Kira - When did you get a Fox? When did you get a Marth? I <3 U!! oh wait thats me. Nice.

Adam - lol denny's. use your marth already, it's soo pro i dont get why you would continue to use sheik on spacies when you have a marth.

Cameron - the bane of everyone else's bane who goes by the name of Fly_Amanita. I am sooOoOo impressed by littlebigplanet if you couldn't tell already

ARCADIANS - you guys are impressive. Especially Hyprid, 24, and Wes, I want to play all you guys more, where do you live at? Keep going to tournaments

Connor - you're the reason I hate fox vs sheik and why I'm trying to learn marth. I only beat you because I stay calm and try to focus on the current stock at hand, and ONLY that stock. Also because downsmash is gay

Joe - this guy makes me happy LOL

Futile - you came to a melee tourney!! Don't put pressure on yourself to get your old-self back, it never works for me anyway. You're still smart as **** though, it shouldn't take you long to get good again

Kouryuu - you play gay, but that just means you're good. i underestimated you a lot, but now i'm scared to play you again. And of course my sheik is better, I just couldn't lose that set so I turned to marth. You're welcome for "teaching" you the matchup lol

Kevin - good **** running the tourney, you're improving the most in irvine so far. 949 crew battles anyone? irvine raapes now, makes me happy

Derrick - you're smart and you know the game pretty well, you just use the wrong moves to hit with. It should be systematical, there are times to be creative but the basics should always be there, next time I see you i'll help you with matchups. but dittos are gay and hyprid is really good

Anthony - same as derrick, you have surprisingly good tech skill, i just need to teach you what move to use. That's the easy part though, so you got this

Sherigami - stop doing the sherigami!! lol see what happened when you listened to adam in the crew battle? when you take our advice you win immediately

PC and Isai - lets play melee

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
how did I get the same placing as deadshot?? I beat him in tournament

alsooooo

Kira-Thanks for the training

P-Thanks for the training and rides

Connor-Amazing noodles!

Rudeezy-n00b

JDM-I want my beachballs

GSUB-lol

Cameron-Thanks for the cheese sticks ^.^

Hyprid-Wooow ggs. We need to play again. It was like I was playing my twin or something.

I think that's it...

Oh yeah amazing tourney and crew battles

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
I had so much fun. Next one is in two weeks everybody! I'll post shoutouts later. Melee community ftw.

_
Mango and I are playing LittleBigPlanet :D

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I'm pretty disappointed that my own dad wouldn't show up to see me...

I love reading shoutouts for me. It's like Christmas slightly early

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
P said:
Only regret I had was teaming with Fly (sorry Fly, but go Fox/Marth in teams from now on lmao). Shoulda teamed with THEE futile.

Fly: You did get better, but I'm always bitter about anyone who beats me in tourny unless you're Lucky or Mango. I learned my lesson though: Ban Corneria, go Marth when you pick FD, and win the first match.
No offense taken; I acknowledge that I'm bad at teams and I have a lot of stuff I need to improve on. Also, I think you're better at Marth v. ICs than Sheik v. ICs.

Kira said:
Fly Amanita - You definitely got way better, I'm glad to hear you're into Melee again. I too have trouble dthrowing, that **** aint easy
Thanks. I'm seriously considering just fthrowing and regrabbing with Nana instead of dthrowing because it's easier for me, which doesn't make any sense at all. Also, I find it amusing that after telling you about how I haven't lost on a moving stage in a long time, I lose to Adam on Rainbow Cruise and you on Pokefloats. Karma's a *****, lol.

Other shoutouts:

Kouryuu: Sorry about not MMing you, but I didn't feel like giving you $5. I do need practice at that match-up to prevent getting ***** during counterpicks, though, so I might just accept your MM one of these days.

Futile: For being inactive as hell in Melee, you're still really good, and I'm sure that with a bit of practice, you could easily be one of the best Falcons around.

12: Good job ****** that dude at connect five. Listening to you talk about me while I play is always entertaining.

Wes: You were really patient when you played against me and that's a good and uncommon trait, even though you seemed pissed off whenever you lost a stock.

Psychomidget: I'm going to sit in my shield the whole time if I have to play you again.

Tofu: Too bad you couldn't stay for singles. Your Falco is scary in a hilarious sort of way.

Connor/Aznforce: Good **** hosting/running this tourney.

24: I was surprised you didn't go Samus against me, but you've definitely got a nice Jiggs, too.

Lovage: Gimping Nana isn't so easy in singles, is it?

Sherigami: Your Sheik is weird, but it's definitely improved since the last time we played.

Joe: It's always fun seeing you and it's awesome that you actually use your Falcon in tourney now. Can't wait to see you again on the way to WCSL.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
dude futile would be amazing at this game if he played more often

edit: oh yeah, since these are bi weeklies, connor, you need to find a better place to go eat than denny's. thai food!

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Okay, shoutouts:

Mango: You're too good at Melee <3 LittleBigPlanet raaaapes
I guess you got "Sweet virgin ***" this weekend LOL

Psycho ******: I'm gonna learn WoW and play with you. =P

Kira: You're so fun to play against. I'm glad I'm giving you trouble now. Next time I'm not gonna let my frustration get to me and I'm gonna **** harder when I play you.

P: I think you were always a good teacher but positive reinforcement *****. I'm gonna work at getting better because of your words ^^

Fly: Your ICs are so **** good! I can't wait to play you in tournament someday. Unlike Lovage though, I'm gonna pick gay stages and be an *** :)

Lovage: Your Fox is good, don't deny it bich!! TechniSoCal Foxes ****.

EmbraceTheSteven: Your Maple account rocks. I don't think I played you at all yesterday lmao.

Sherigami: Your Sheik is so weird! WTF. I like your origami skills :)

Replicate: Good to see you again. Your Fox really scared me in doubles. YOU ****IN EATING MACHINE

Kouryuu: You're Peach is awesome. Good games yesterday. Semi-permanent teammates hell yeah. OHHH PLEASE MESS UP YOUR SPACING SO I CAN WIN! Yayuuhz

Futile: Next time you decide to come over, I'm gonna have 64 for sure. I'm sorry you didn't get to play lol You're still cool as hell with your jokes.

GSUB: Your puff got better from the last time I played you!

Arcadians: Oh my god you guys are impressive. ESPECIALLY Wes(t). Keep ******!

Everybody else: Thanks a ton for coming. I'm so happy that I'm able to host these tournaments. Please come to the next one!

@P: I wanted to go to Red Lobster which is less than a minute away but it's expensive lol. I'll try and find some **** place to eat but no guarantees

Top Bottom