• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Why is that holiday not more widely known?

It should be recognized as a national holiday imo.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Mogwai- Can I get put on your ignore list that way when I say something stupid you won't show all your friends what an idiot this Spawn guy is.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Mogwai- Can I get put on your ignore list that way when I say something stupid you won't show all your friends what an idiot this Spawn guy is.
Wes would do that. You want to hear something funny?

Mogwai talked about me while I was "sleeping" (he thought i was) at his own ****ing apartment with Scar about how badly I post. LOL.

"Hey scar, like did you see pofs post the other day? It was so dumb." or something to that extent.

I may act like a ******* online sometimes but at least i'm not a tard in person. Hey, lets go talk about someone behind their back while their two ****ing feet away from me.

Wes is awesome.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Wes would do that. You want to hear something funny?

Mogwai talked about me while I was "sleeping" (he thought i was) at his own ****ing apartment with Scar about how badly I post. LOL.

"Hey scar, like did you see pofs post the other day? It was so dumb." or something to that extent.

I may act like a ******* online sometimes but at least i'm not a tard in person. Hey, lets go talk about someone behind their back while their two ****ing feet away from me.

Wes is awesome.
1) I realize quoting this will let Wes see it. I think it would be fun.
2) You don't want to know what he does to you when you're REALLY asleep. I've seen the pictures.
3) If you acknowledge you make stupid posts, then whats the problem with other people agreeing with you?
-DD

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
The people that I think are stupid/morons are the ones who insult me.

Keep it coming guys. You know I really don't care what anyone says/does and I get a kick out of this.

Haven't you heard?

This threads:

P. O. F. Player Finder: I'm better than you <3

LOLS

Anyone who treats me with disrespect does not deserve any from me. The people who are friendly and are worth my time I'll be nice too.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Dazwa/Noodles/Darc

Do any of you know Muz? Hes a Brawl Samus player.....

I played him last night on Wifi and nearly **** bricks.

It was incredible. I only beat him once out of like 6. Easily the best Samus I've ever seen.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thats fine, they just try to ignite the flame further by provoking me to keep doing it.

looks to Cogsmooch for example.
I see!
Thats fine, they just try to ignite the flame further by provoking me to keep doing it.

looks to Cogsmooch for example.
wtfux?
Dazwa/Noodles/Darc

Do any of you know Muz? Hes a Brawl Samus player.....

I played him last night on Wifi and nearly **** bricks.

It was incredible. I only beat him once out of like 6. Easily the best Samus I've ever seen.
Muz is HugS spelled backwards.
-DD

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
DON'T MAKE FUN OF MEEEE :(:(:(:(:(:(
I'LL MAKE FUN OF YOU!! I'M WARNING YOU

btw flashmetroid beat jwong's rufus at final round! hype as fuuuuuu
jwong had to go balrog :/

also ivysaur, a gatech player and also a smasher, won blazblue at fr also. keepin' it in ga.
LK got 2nd in mb :(
Any vids from SF or BB?

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Want to talk about why on the back of my Debit card it says "if this card is lost or stolen, please call this number"?

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Rufus destroys Ryu pretty hard IMO.

God forbid buffer shoryuken king has a bad match up.

yay for abel going even w him. ;)

I've come to the conclusion that Ryu is much easier to use than Sagat. Wait....no.

Ryus shoryuken just has the most absurd priority in the entire world.

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
I think if you announce you're going to troll beforehand, it's not going to look good.
qft

stealing games is wrong guys!

seriously, it is. I know that sounds facetious coming from me, but I'm being totally serious here. What happened to the days when you'd rent a game if you weren't sure you wanted it and bought it once you knew you wanted it?

what happened to reading your friends game informer during lunch and seeing a preview of a game with an article from an interview with the dev team and being hyped about renting/buying it?

Presentation to me is soooo forced and arbitrary nowadays. Everyone has to make thier games a freakin movie production. Everyone wants to make a game with achievement systems, DLC and sandbox mechanics. Everyone wants all this pseudo realism*. Everyone has to have buff character models and badarse voice acting. All protagonist must look "cool". what happened to **** like abe's world or toe jam and earl. some stylistic flair would be nice.

I feel like its so forced and am kinda insulted by the barrage of BS thrown at me. Not to mention that companies throw all the BS at us in an attempt to hide the fact that the foundation of the game is linear, not difficult by any stretch of the imagination and ultimately a presentation of graphical proess, voice acting and explosions that is JUST long enough until the next flavor of the month shows up. It really sickens me to see developers go all balls to the walls to mainstream thier stuff and move products like they do now. Its really a shame. Dun get me wrong....I dun hate all mainstream BIO SHOCK was hella mainstream and I was considering buying it same with mass effect.

I will buy games that aren't mainstream that I like. Killer 7. I'd buy that in a heartbeat if I got the urge to play it, or even if I saw it in a store and had some extra cash. If it weren't for online play I would not even consider buying games nowadays(cuz its near impossible to play online with bootlegged stuff). I still really dun buy games now. Streetfighter was probly my first purchase since brawl.(i'd probly trade in brawl and bootleg it but Im just lazy and I kinda got 25 bucks of it with a gift card that I won at a smash tourney lol.)

I once imported this japanese rock album because I liked it so much after DL'ing and listening to it. I bought releases of Jackie Action movies that had be readily available for DL cuz I fuggen love that guy.

TL DR;

swift hates mainstream propaganda and is kinda being a nostalgia f@g but still buys media but only if he respects the developer's appreciation for the art. Also games are like 65 bucks a pop now and buying systems is more of a risky investment, due to defects occuring in the first batch for EVERY system since the dreamcast, new tech coming out like later(the new PSP, the new playstation 3 etc.), and flat out being more expensive.

EDIT:

I cant help but feel that this post is reflective of my outlook on media and influenced by my view of video games since I started competitive gamin.

noodles

Smash Champion
probably so when you look at it you can write it down or something. but theres always the internet nowadays.

noodles

Smash Champion
that was at darc >_<. your post was ninjad too since im on the ps3 so i type really slow.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Rufus destroys Ryu pretty hard IMO.
Probably not, there's definitely a reason why Jwong switches off of Rufus to fight Daigo, and his switches actually did influence the match in his favor. Eventhubs list it as 6-4 Ryu's favor and I'd probably take their word over yours, no offense.

Also, I've never heard of Muz, but Brawl Samus is terrible. I dunno how she operates on Wifi but I can imagine it'd be a lot easier not having to deal with her wall and ledge tactics. BTW I thought you hated Brawl?

edit: 100% agree with thanatos, and I'll definitely say there's a reason games like Mario Kart Wii and NSMBWii are destroying this generation in sales, because they're better games. The other games they're competing with are trying too hard to be movies. aaaand obligatory Malstorm plug http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Eventhubs list it as 6-4 Ryu's favor BTW I thought you hated Brawl?
Really? I could have sworn it said Ryu lost 6-4.

Either way its really close because Rufus's pressure game is incredible and has a lot of nice tricks to go through Ryus Zoning. They both are shananigan like when trying to get their ultra off

lol ryu:

lp shoryuken no ex cancel necessary
ex hadouken in corner to ultra
ex hurricane kick to ultra in corner
shoruken ex focus to ultra
jumping lp to ultra

god, hes dumb.

Rufus

lol jumping hk to ultra
in the corner galactic tornado no ex focus to ultra. lol too good

Also, no I used to hate Brawl but I play it more so now. I finally am literally learning marths match ups and know how to fight pretty much every character aside from Snake, Olimar, Sonic, (good sonics) and ZSS.

I really dont run into too many of the last three EVER so it doesn't bother me much.

I talk to Pierce7D when I have questions about Marth. He knows match ups really well.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Really? I could have sworn it said Ryu lost 6-4.

Either way its really close because Rufus's pressure game is incredible and has a lot of nice tricks to go through Ryus Zoning. They both are shananigan like when trying to get their ultra off
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/ , Ryu is listed as beating Rufus 6-4, and here's all you'd need to know about the matchup in one thread: http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=185142 . It's basically an issue with his fireball zoning combined with DP.

Also, you missed quite a few Ultra set-ups Rufus has. Target combo combos into ultra from anywhere on the screen, and he can get that off of a dive kick. He can also Messiah kick FADC into ultra, he's got similar, if not more ultra set-up silliness than Ryu. Not to mention that two of his ultra set-ups (corner Torando and j.HK) have other options if you don't have ultra. corner HP Torando combos into LP Tornado, and j.HK combos into EX Snake Strike, which may as well be an Ultra.

Thanatos*~

Smash Apprentice
@ Swift- Add the absurdity of motion controls to that rant and you get a 10/10
was thinkin about it, but saw little big planet preview with the motion device and it was actually pretty nice. It works well with that specifically cuz little big planet is simply a silly/goofy/stylized custom physics engine.(People act all amazed, but the source team has been doing the physics stuff like that forevar.)........but all the golf swinging, car driving, sword fighting and shooting motion BS that I think you are referencing DEF should've went in it.

There are a few innovations that i kinda liked. small stuff like in metal slug anniversary collection. shaking the wiimote and throwing grenades was alright. Also I feel like NSMB : wii probly uses it creatively as well. But yeah all the real-life ish stuff other than wiifit(which i thought was an excellent idea) and perhaps wii sports(even tho some stuff in it was kinda like *sadface*) is just lame, and probly will never be responsive enough. I also found it soooo timely that at e3 last year the wii motion plus was introduced along with sony and microsofts introduction to the motion control thing. Thats the kind of stuff that makes me hate the big companies. so I gotta buy this piece now for "better" control. At least when the expansion pack for n64 came out, it was clearly a ram issue and was made very clear. Also it was very noticable in spiderman for n64 and the comparison in framerates/rendering time between OoT and Majoras Mask(one of my fav adventure game of all time). The expansion pack seemed to be much more needed and warranted than an improvement in DPI and more accurate risk turn motion capturing.

Wii fit and sports at least simplifies character models and rendering to make the motion capture more enjoyable/accurate which i liked for the most part

TL DR;
Kinda was on the fence about motion sensor stuff cuz I like some of it and hate other parts.

Top Bottom