• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Careful oldtima don't trip over your cane.
LMAO I'll hit you with it

screw financial aid

HEY LIL, CAN YA FILL OUT THESE FORMS?
*few months later*

NO LIL, YOU FORGOT THESE FORMS
*few weeks later

NO WTF WE NEED MORE FORMSSSSSSSS
OH Just ****ing wait until you graduate, that's when the real fun starts. Hope you're majoring in something you really really want to do and can get you a job.

Lol @ My Blood Valentine.

Also, I believe the technical term is "cockrock."

[serious]I'm aware that a lot of good artists emerged or were active during the '80s, but you can't just look at all the amazing shit that happened during the '70s and pretend that disco never happened. Also, you have to understand that when I say "that entire decade," I actually mean just the parts of it that sucked.[/serious]
can't you just say that about any decade then? since ****ty music is always being produced?

And what's wrong with MBV?

_V_

Smash Ace
MBV is alright...my singer/bass player loves them (and he is one of the most talented songwriters I have ever met, so I respect his opinion). We covered their song "Thorn"

Not my cup of tea, but if you like 6 chord songs with a few neat melodies that have 9083249872398 effects on them then it is for you!

And yes I am in CT. Staying in Canton at my Dad's until June 3rd. I just tried to get Brawl to work online, but apparently Wii does not like being plugged directly into their modem and they have no router :(

drSuper

Smash Apprentice

SEXY

Smash Cadet
not so heavy, but awesome none the less were The Misfits. A few of them are actually from my home town and I went to hs with their kids. I cant find a decent video but this gives you an idea
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1wbcqY6IIs&feature=related

they are kind of what every emo-punk band today takes after

murrr not my cup of coffee O_O; i always thought the misfits were like.. different then that... lol... >_>;;

ZoSo

Smash Champion
MBV is alright...my singer/bass player loves them (and he is one of the most talented songwriters I have ever met, so I respect his opinion).
I would actually disagree with you there. Although I would say that my growth as a musician in the past seven years has certainly affected the way I look at music in general, I don't think the fact that I'm a musician should mean that my opinion has more or less weight than anybody else's. I pretty much just like whatever I like and would assume your friend does the same.

And yes I am in CT. Staying in Canton at my Dad's until June 3rd. I just tried to get Brawl to work online, but apparently Wii does not like being plugged directly into their modem and they have no router :(
Can I live at your house until then?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Yes, but the worst of the '80s is as bad as it gets.
true
Why do you always nitpick everything I say and start stupid arguments on SWF?
wtf when have I done that, and what else is the CT player find for other than starting conversations? lol
I didn't know we were arguing. If so, rawr and stuff

I'd love to have my mind changed, though.
if this doesn't do it I don't know what will http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gOxmdBOMI&feature=related
but I can see how people can't get into shoegazer stuff

ZoSo

Smash Champion
wtf when have I done that, and what else is the CT player find for other than starting conversations? lol
I didn't know we were arguing. If so, rawr and stuff
Nevermind. :) <3

if this doesn't do it I don't know what will http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1gOxmdBOMI&feature=related
but I can see how people can't get into shoegazer stuff
Yeah, I have a friend who's into a lot of noise rock stuff. He sent me some MBV stuff a LOOOONG time ago and I found it boring. The same thing happened with Sonic Youth. I think it's mostly my fault for being such a giant snob.

I'll post again once I've gotten around to listening to this.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I think it works a lot better probably if you're listening to it with headphones and lying in bed and thinking about that girl that you saw that one time and how life gives you things that just slip by so quickly and you don't even realize it.

Also you play guitar right? You want to join my melee tribute band? We're called "Captain ****ing Falcon."

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I think it works a lot better probably if you're listening to it with headphones and lying in bed and thinking about that girl that you saw that one time and how life gives you things that just slip by so quickly and you don't even realize it.
I'll give it a shot.

Also you play guitar right? You want to join my melee tribute band? We're called "Captain ****ing Falcon."
First of all, lmao.

Second, yes. God, yes.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
speaking of zoso and guitars, did you guys know my windows opening theme is zoso playing the zelda "item get" jingle, and my closing them is him playing the "mystery solved" one? >_>

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
oh, lawl

Silas, I don't think my labtop could handle running CoD lol. Alright, NOW you can see my sig. It's hilarious. It literally *****.
that's ok, xbox360 only, you loser =D. yeah, sig is teh funniez

screw financial aid

HEY LIL, CAN YA FILL OUT THESE FORMS?
*few months later*

NO LIL, YOU FORGOT THESE FORMS
*few weeks later

NO WTF WE NEED MORE FORMSSSSSSSS
no matter how much hassle, you have to look at it from the rational money based perspective. let's pretend it takes 20 hours of work to handle all financial aid stuff with them. now, let's say they've only giving you 1k a semester. ok, you spent 20 hours, and got 1,000. it was worth the effort, regardless of the bull**** they often put you through. also, lastly i was told, money is good =D. so, just shield grab more, and git er durn =D

I've seen it on the front page.
LOL, that's pretty crazy =O

i'm so good at CoD, someone come play with me, or something >.<. i have to be home for when the police call again. myes >.>

drSuper

Smash Apprentice
i'm so good at CoD, someone come play with me, or something >.<. i have to be home for when the police call again. myes >.>
I misssssss my CoDoody, 360 is at school and I'm at home. I'm going through hardcore team deathmatch withdrawl. I was getting so good at sniping right b4 I left dam nit

Cog, can I join your tribute band. I'll play the synth + accordion
and write a song - "RIP super mario MD", and "pichu pichu were better off without you"

Papito

Smash Journeyman
Silas you have a great personality mad cool son. your smash skills are very impressive : )

if you wanna come thru today gimme a call ill buy some bud you bring some of yours and well have a smoke fest.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Go Khaly!
Woo!
Sleep that time away!
Also, Hi CT!
Lol, I completely missed my Adam's post.

-DD

Top Bottom