• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Dear CT.

A. Ayumi Hamasaki
B. BoA
C. Utada Hikaru

Your choice determines the fate of the universe.
(I like Utada XD)
I went to school with BoA when I lived in korea.

She was a huge bitch if you weren't "cool."
Awful person.

Nus, it don't think it matters, as DS games aren't region encoded.

Either way, all you need to get is a flash card and you don't have to pay for any games, and there are cards that are cheaper than actual DS games.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
SLEEPYK IS ASIAN?
LOL WUT

get a PSP because it can emulate DS.

*breaks ct thread*
LOL WUT.

But yea, PSPs really can.
Its HIGHLY unstable, but it works! :3

But yea Nus.
If you get a DS, make sure you pick up a mod chip too.

Khaly found a site where they were selling them before, you should make him find it again.
-DD

SleepyK

I'm asian <_<

I'll scan yearbook when I get home on thursday/friday.

If you keep up with K-pop, i also went to school with a guy from i think it was pen club or something, Eugene from SES, i think a guy from turbo, if i remember correctly... some others i don't remember.

Runicwings

Smash Apprentice
I'm asian <_<

I'll scan yearbook when I get home on thursday/friday.

If you keep up with K-pop, i also went to school with a guy from i think it was pen club or something, Eugene from SES, i think a guy from turbo, if i remember correctly... some others i don't remember.
I would like to see that. Send me a link when ur done.

SleepyK

Dahlia?

A pretty face doesn't make up for putting people down for no reason.

I'll go ahead and scan the autographs I got when i get home.

Eugene's Senior page as well.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
So i just watched no country for old men.

1) why is it titled so?
2) did he really kill the lady at the end?
3) what was the meaning of the accident at the end?
4) who do you think was the main character?

anyone who can answer those will get 10 internets.
Well, I haven't read the book (though I have purchased it... for a rainy day), so anyone who has read it could probably trump any interpretations I give you. Also, Cort likes Anton Chigurh enough to avatar him, so he can probably answer a lot of the questions for you.

The title, No Country For Old Men, emphasizes the theme that those of Ed Tom Bell's (Tommy Lee Jones) generation, those men with moral standards who comprehend and respect "right vs. wrong," no longer fit into the world and are being replaced by the new generation, Chigurh's generation, the generation that Bell talks about in the beginning of the movie, those who have no moral respect for right and wrong. Chigurh represents this coming tide of darkness that Bell talks about in his dream -- the tide that cannot be stopped, only slowed. "No Country For Old Men," as in their moral ways no longer have a place in a world where chance or determinism trump justice or what is right.

I believe that Chigurh did kill Carla Jean Moss, because it would be against his character to leave her alive. Although her refusal to call heads or tails would place Chigurh in a sort of limbo if he did not know what fate (the coin) had decided for her, his deterministic, almost nihilistic attitude towards others most likely determines for itself that she should die. The scene with the gas station owner reminds us that Chigurh becomes fairly impatient when he receives anything but a "yes" or "no" answer, and the scene also shows us that he has most likely encountered people who refused to call the coin in his past. He must have come up with a system to decide for them, and I'm sure that he decides death.

The car's hitting Chigurh, and his assumed survival, tells us a lot about his character and the aforementioned theme of his evil generation has the tide of evil that cannot be stopped. Literally, he was not stopped by the car crash while the driver was killed. The scene showed his strict following of his personal rules when he paid the kid the money for his shirt even after the kid said he could have it free of charge (in this, it also reminded us that he was the victorious party in the game for the money). Just like in Bell's (TLJ) dream, the tide was not stopped. However, different interpretations could make arguments that the crash was not to show that he was unstoppable but the exact opposite -- to show that he was not invincible. You just have to review the context and decide for yourself.

I think Bell (Tommy Lee Jones) was the main character. Although he did not take part in the majority of the action between Llewelyn Moss and Chigurh, he is the frame in which the story of the film is shown. It is he who is the old man now without a country; it is his moralistic evaluations and his dream that provide us a way to seek past the action and into the depth of the movie. And he is the one who cannot stop the dark tide from coming, and he realizes and accepts this by the end of the film.

I hope this helped.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
the house across the street from me burned down

it's scary
dam, cause? is it super burned? *wants to come see*, some fire or something happened on charlie's street today, but i couldn't find out what since the cop had a diq up his ash >.>

So i just watched no country for old men.

1) why is it titled so?
2)
did he really kill the lady at the end?
3)
what was the meaning of the accident at the end?
4) who do you think was the main character?

anyone who can answer those will get 10 internets.
omfg spoilers >.>
stfu all of you with your spoilers, god ****it

ps thanks tom for not spoiling <3

SleepyK

lol i wouldn't go around calling people huge bitches for no reason. she could pick on people because she was famous, and if you said anything you were in the wrong with your seniors. such happy times.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097

best ds flash card deal online, i think. You can get 1 or 2 gb microSD cards fairly cheap on amazon, cheaper if you get them in bulk (i think sets of 5 is the smallest amount you can get in bulk)

The UI is pretty good, and doesn't have the stupid saving error the ninjapasses have.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
best ds flash card deal online, i think. You can get 1 or 2 gb microSD cards fairly cheap on amazon, cheaper if you get them in bulk (i think sets of 5 is the smallest amount you can get in bulk)
buy.com also has some sweet deals if you make a new gmail account. they give you free checkout and $10 off, i believe.

with tom and sleepy, everything becomes free

_milktea

Smash Lord
PC bought me a DS mod chip and it's amazing. I make my own skins for mine and stuff, and I have the most amazing games on it. I also store music and I think I can store movies too... I know I can store images and stuff.

SleepyK

the DS one (that i listed earlier) can play mp3s and video files n stuff, like milktea's.

so it's a great deal, really. It's cheaper than a DS game and cheaper than an MP3 player <.<

takieddine

Smash Master
I didnt spoil anything that bad. Sorry I didnt think anyone cared, Go see the movie/read the book.

Thanks Tom, that actually helps make sense of the movie. 10 internets for you.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
I didnt spoil anything that bad. Sorry I didnt think anyone cared, Go see the movie/read the book.
it's another 40 mins from being finished downloading =(

on a more serious note, i really want to get better at marth >.>(melee)

goodnight ct thread

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Misty says, "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like someone who likes you than to like someone who doesn't." Brock then asks her "How do you know?", after which Misty gasps, blushes, then coyly replies "Well that's...what I've heard..."

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Misty says, "Take it from me, it's a lot easier to like someone who likes you than to like someone who doesn't." Brock then asks her "How do you know?", after which Misty gasps, blushes, then coyly replies "Well that's...what I've heard..."
SPOLIERS! AHHH!
:3 I remember that actually.
-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Skler, it's true. Good game indeed.

CORT! Snake is fuxing amazing! I just picked him up for the first time and did what you said....and I three stocked the crap out of my friends. Not that I wasn't capable of doing that with dedede, but with Snake I did it....with ONE MOVE. F-TILT FTW!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Skler, it's true. Good game indeed.

CORT! Snake is fuxing amazing! I just picked him up for the first time and did what you said....and I three stocked the crap out of my friends. Not that I wasn't capable of doing that with dedede, but with Snake I did it....with ONE MOVE. F-TILT FTW!
wut? stale move reduction? wut?

Lulz.
-DD

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
I can get anyone any DS game they want....its quite simple actually.

My flashcard (cycloDS) is easily the best option out there.

Thing is...viewing any form of media such as photos or videos, surfing the net, and emulators are just HORRIBLE on the DS. People who like DS more than the psp....know nothing about the psp. I own both a hacked DS and PSP (I enjoy both of them) and I can say that I've had 10 times as much fun with fooling around on the psp. I was done fooling around with the DS in like a week...all i do now is just switch my .NDs rom files every now and then. The PSP is much more reliable and user friendly in terms of storing pictures and movies....plus, accessing them is very simple as well. The DS was not meant to deal with high quality imaging.....so the battery life drains REALLY fast whereas the PSP was designed for that purpose....the screen is a higher quality resolution. The DS was solely designed for the interactive aspect of gaming hence, why all the games graphics compared to Super Nintendo....

Best games on DS-

Brain Age I and II
Big Brain Academy
Zoo Keeper
Final Fantasy III
Zelda-Phantom Hourglass
Super Mario 64
New Super Mario Bros
The two Castlevanias
Star Wars Legos

psp-

lumines
MVP Baseball
Liberty City Stories
Tekken: Dark Resurrection
Fight Night Round 3
NBA Live 07
Final Fantasy I and II remake

_milktea

Smash Lord
phoenix wright series > life

again, bad milktea example setting: i forgot that a rough draft 5 page research paper was due tmrw

hence, its 2am ish and ive hardly begun

GG

Top Bottom