• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

noodles

Smash Champion
eh i try...

EDIT:oh,oh i know lets play a game we search ct's thread for the best "thats what she said" joke. you have to say the page you got it from

noodles

Smash Champion
DUDE
OMG
I HEARD A THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID JOKE ON TV
LOLOL

It was that show "The Office"
And he said "I need two men on this! That's what she said!"
I was like
"YO NO FREAKING WAY!!!"
I was rather happy :D
<3 atleast someone appreciates thats what she said jokes even if there not mine lol

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Stepmania a lot lately. I have a ton of songs, including all the original Konami ones, but I don't think I have any of the real popular ones that all the kids are playing these days. Any advice on songs I should get and where to get them?

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
Mur-mur-murder Capital Awesome Level: 9000+
OMG YES.
let's see
-Community Mega Pack (i think that's the name, or pretty close to it) 1 through..2 i think, there might be more.
-Best of SS
-Umm can't think of packs.
but there's a lot of songs you should have by certain stepers

Hayden is really good, esp. the songs Ageha (by Ryu*) and High(by RAM)
Dan23 has 2 good songs, Heaven by DJ Sammy, and Boss Machine by DM Ashura
There's some good songs/steps by Duk Amok, like Holy Orders by S.S.H., and TGTMN by SharpnelSound
But what I have been doing lately is going to bemanistyle.com and look for sims other people made. Some are really good, and some really suck.

Basically, look for StepMania vids on youtube, and get the songs the people play, lol.
It always works. :D

But if you wanna look for packs of songs, you can always use Google, it does work. Search something like, StepMania song packs, you'll get some results.

Yeah, I like that game a lot. lol.

Khaly

Smash Cadet
theres 5 packs that everyone needs.

Essential Simfiles
Community Keyboard Mega Pack 1
Community Keyboard Mega Pack 2
Keyboard Collaboration Pack 1
Keyboard Collaboration Pack 2

that'll pretty much set you for life.

noodles

Smash Champion
is stepmania with the dance pads? if not try ffr thats good too no downloads.i didnt know u guys were into those games.ive only played supernova wen it comes to ddr though

Khaly

Smash Cadet
DDR = Original 4 arrow dance pad game.
Pump it up = Korean 5 arrow dance pad game.
In The Groove = DDR basically, but 10 times harder, and not owned by Konami [well they got bought out anyways]

Stepmania = 4 arrow dance pad game, basically DDR, but people play on their keyboards.
you can hook up your own dance pad to your computer and it'll be basically a DDR machine.

FFR = 4 arrow dance pad game, online. requires no downloads, and plays right off your browser.
uses your keyboard, unless you can hook up a dance pad and program U L D R arrows.

_milktea

Smash Lord
holy crap dazwa's avatar is hawt >____>
EDIT:

PS SPAWN

jake's coming to ur house around 3-4, so i will be there around then also to drop my car off! i hope this is okay with you/your parents, just let em know what's goin on if they don't already

gimme a call tmrw if something's up or you need clarification

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
With StepMania you can hook up a pad to your comp via USB port.
But you need an adapter for the pad. But most good pads come with one (Red Octane, Cobalt Flux, BlueShark, etc) But if you don't have an adapter, you can buy one online for a couple of bucks, or you can always make a ghetto one, and it's possible.

With FFR, it's like StepMania, but just..different. It's way more simpler, and, flashy, lol.

And thanks Khaly, I totally forgot the names of those packs, lol.

And there's another pack called like the AWP LOL pack or something like t hat, you should look for it, it makes me lol.

And yeah, I love cardinal direction Dance games.
And Pump it Up

Me and Khaly are like the Corts of SM
:D

noodles

Smash Champion
that score was impressive. i think ill start playing stepmania now most ive comboed in any o ne song was 379

Khaly

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah.. even though we're hot as ****, Stephen and I dont dress that way.
It was just a ****s and giggles day. We're not really emo, xP

noodles

Smash Champion
wait on a side note is one asian?

EDIT: not racist or nuthin just sumthing tells me the one on the rites asian

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
Which program do you guys use? Stepmania 3.9?

I've been using Stepmania 4.0 CVS since it looks better and supports 1680x1050 resolution. I like the look of the original DDR though.

Is there any program that is relatively modern (i.e. looks good and supports high resolutions) but still uses the original DDR arrows?

noodles

Smash Champion
im not to good on ddr ive managed to xepher on expert a couple time not a single song on challenge (tried one only)

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
You guys may be better at Stepmania for now, but I bet I can pwn you at standard DDR. I haven't played it much in a while, but I've been able to get an A on Bag (no speed mods), Paranoia Survivor, Max 300, Sakura; full combo V and Colors on challenge and much more!

Now I wanna play DDR zomgggg.

AxelSlam

Smash Ace
lol
i once did a Max run
which is.
Max 300
then Maxx Unlimited
then The Legend of Maxx
no breaks
All on Heavy
gg.

And I also A'd Paranoia 270 barless on Heavy

and I plan on beating Dan23's Heaven on pad. Even though someone already FC'd it.
/sad/
I'm pretty good at DDR.

Top Bottom