• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

Proskater

Smash Apprentice
I did a doublshinegraboutofshield.
Gotta love that useless tech skill.

Thanks Dave lolol

I'm going to show you Hot Sauce now, this might be getting into some ****** **** though.

JakeOfAllTrades

Smash Rookie
Hey there everyone. I'm Jake, I live in Stratford. My friends and I are looking to join the competitive scene of SSBB. If anyone would like to hit up some friendlies and teach us a bit more about Smash that would be great.

Here is a list of who we are and our characters that we play:

Anthony/Drist: Marth and Captain Falcon
Dan/Lex : Zelda/Shiek and Peach
Gerald/G-man: Kirby and D3
Jake/Jake: ZSS and Marth
Storm/Storm: Mario and Ness

We are below decent players with very little tournament attendance, so we would be very pleased to learn from anybody willing to practice, teach, and help us learn more about Smash. Thanks!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Good luck, bruvs. The competitive smash scene in CT is almost all Melee, and there's not many of us to be begin with. I would suggest actually heading quickly over the border to NYC where the Brawl scene is still pretty big.

I'm sure, though, that there are heads around your area that still play Brawl a little bit. I'll ask around, etc, try to help you out.

JakeOfAllTrades

Smash Rookie
Good luck, bruvs. The competitive smash scene in CT is almost all Melee, and there's not many of us to be begin with. I would suggest actually heading quickly over the border to NYC where the Brawl scene is still pretty big.

I'm sure, though, that there are heads around your area that still play Brawl a little bit. I'll ask around, etc, try to help you out.
I've noticed just seeing the player roster at the beginning of the thread. I'll look more into NYC and will keep searching for others in the area. I appreciate all efforts you put in helping me.

Cheers.

JakeOfAllTrades

Smash Rookie
Stratford is close to Bridgeport. Maybe I'll pick up Brawl. ^ ^
It's definitely different from Melee. It is most different because of the air dodge system and lack of hitstun basically forces you to really follow up smartly.. Not a lot of combos :< But, that's okay. I see it as a different game altogether with some similar aspects to Melee. If you ever want to try and get into Brawl, my friends and I are always welcoming. ^^

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I have no problem with X-Factor, actually. I understand completely why people do and why people think its a valid grievance, but it is nowhere near the same levels of inherently nonsensical game-ruination that tripping is.

JakeOfAllTrades

Smash Rookie
I have no problem with X-Factor, actually. I understand completely why people do and why people think its a valid grievance, but it is nowhere near the same levels of inherently nonsensical game-ruination that tripping is.
I don't have much criticisms of Brawl. Except for tripping which still seems to infuriate me at random times. Honestly, I cannot fathom why anyone would consider it being in a fighting game, let alone it actually making the cut!

Stupidity - 1
Nintendo - 0

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Because Sakurai never envisioned Brawl as a fighting game. It was a casual party game that had the same ported mechanics and basic structure as his previous casual party game that (whoopsie-daisy) had a ton of glitches that MADE it a fighting game.

As such, things like tripping were seen in the same light as the Secret Star space in Mario Party. Just something random thrown in for funsies. Because that's what the game is about; randomness and 'fun'.

Top Bottom