• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Has anyone played tactics advanced 2 yet?
Yes it's really fun.

The problem is I obsess over the game wayyy too much.

TA1 gave me like 110 hours. On each run. TA2 seems like it has like 5 times as much, i have something like 50 hours and only 85 missions done, not to mention it has apparently a bunch more quests to do. Dammit, it was eating my life. I haven't played it in quite a while because i got distracted by something. I'm scared to pick it up again.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
FF10 was fun as long as you have a broner for Auron. he was like cloud (in that he has a huge sword) but less of a whiney *****. AND HE HAD SUNGLASSES!

and the graphics were cool. and the sphere grid was interesting. and the story wasn't completely terrible. but it was really easy. and tidus and rikku sucked.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i disliked the sphere grid because ultimately you could make every character every other character

although that did solve the problem of bad characters.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
I just discovered the joy of fuxing with babel through this thing.

http://tashian.com/multibabel/

another way to say it would be.

I discovered only the joy in the kiss with the confusion of this thing.

or

I controlled the sexual relations of Babylon that contented correctly and this.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
I guess I should post here since

SOMEONE MENTIONED FINAL FANTASY VI!!

I think I need a new catch phrase.

Lovage

Smash Hero
FF10 was fun as long as you have a broner for Auron. he was like cloud (in that he has a huge sword) but less of a whiney *****. AND HE HAD SUNGLASSES!

and the graphics were cool. and the sphere grid was interesting. and the story wasn't completely terrible. but it was really easy. and tidus and rikku sucked.
sphere grid was a really fun and unique system for leveling up. auron was the fukken dopest. music was very good, i really really liked the battle system (not the item system) story was bad. voice acting was atrocious....but anyway. i still think 10 is a pretty good game. not mystic quest good, but still pretty good

Cort

Apple Head
I liked x-2 sorta, I never ended up beating it though because I had missed a % really early in the game and then realized I couldn't have a 100% file. >:|

I liked X a lot. The sphere grid was awesome and I filled it and got everyone's stats to 255 by recreating parts of it, luls. Too bad it didn't matter cause the NTSC version didn't have all the extra ridiculously long boss fights that that other version had.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
sphere grid was a really fun and unique system for leveling up. auron was the fukken dopest. music was very good, i really really liked the battle system (not the item system) story was bad. voice acting was atrocious....but anyway. i still think 10 is a pretty good game. not mystic quest good, but still pretty good

yea, that's a good point, mystic quest was the truth. everything about it was so beast. it was like, mad hard, had a bunch of super interesting character, unbelievable graphics and a completely unique battle system.

I remember when I got it and was expecting something like FF, FFIV or FFVI, but man, it really blew my mind with how much better it was.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
8 was awful. Its only saving grace was a badass card game.
Definitely not. At first glance VIII gives you that vibe that Squall is some emo *** complaining about life and its really dry but if you give it more of a look, its incredible. The cinematics are amazing, the characters are all very well developed, it has the best set of limit breaks, and the graphics are also very ahead of its time...much like VII was.

I personally find VII to be the most overrated video game of all time.

Lol @ tactics being low
Tactics is not a BAD game....it just does not compare to the likes of III, (VI) VII, VIII, X, and other FF's. It would be an amazing game if it was not called "Final Fantasy." I guess I just couldnt accept it being called FF.

Then what about the actual II and III?

edit: also lol @ tactics being low
The original II and III (*** versions): I have a translated english rom of both of those and III is actually REALLY GOOD but I found II to be horrible in comparison to like X-2 or XII. It was too random and boring for me. I also have the remake on PSP and Origins on PS1 and disliked those as well.

lol at FF conversation again
LOL at the fact that we must do that in the CT thread every day. We talk about the same BS all the time. :) Way to open your eyes and pay attention.

Has anyone else ever played Zombies ate my neighbors? That game is f'n impossible.
Yes, that game is ****. I have it. I would have to say the original Metal Gear is a good 10X harder.

Final Fantasy Tactics is one of the best games ever made.
Best games ever made? I think you might be stretching that out a bit too far.

Super Mario Brothers
Pong
Super Smash Brothers: Melee
Super Mario 64
Sonic
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy VII
The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

now THOSE are arguable some of the best games ever made.

ff6 should be higher...>_>
FF6 is really good mainly because Kefka is one of the most distinctive villains in the FF series. He is not a demon, a god, or anything crazy....just an insane man. That's the only thing to me that stands out making six (three) an incredible game. Cyan and Sabin are also fantastic characters and the game is overall, amazing...but I think other FF's are better.

ten was also bad

from what i hear tactics is amazing
FF X is not bad...by any means. It was the first FF to introduce voice overs and although somewhat choppy, it was a good first attempt. Auron was an amazing character and the scenery and worlds presented to gamers were remarkable. For being the first FF created on the PS2, it was pretty good. I also thought that the ability to control your summons and use them to fight was awesome. It was different, and it worked well.

ENJOY YOUR BAN :mad:
LOL Tom! <3

lol keep it
/agree with cort
^meat riding.

shminkledorf

Smash Ace
lol @ pof calling ffvii one of the most overrated games of all time then proceeding to call it potentially one of the best games ever

I still agree however, VIII was too good, but became way too easy once zell's strength got high enough

Cia

das kwl
^ you have to go through the dumbest steps to do it. and the apple gets changed to a pineapple <_<

but as long as you have the correct components to match your iPhone's firmware, it's pretty simple. easier than making the hacked battery for PSP.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i hear it isn't really worth it outside of a few quality apps and the added ability to run apps in the background.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Alex posted.

I think it's really important to draw the distinction between "good" and "important."

Pong is undeniably an important game, but it's really hard to call it "good" by today's standards.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Alex posted.

I think it's really important to draw the distinction between "good" and "important."

Pong is undeniably an important game, but it's really hard to call it "good" by today's standards.
On the other hand, I still find myself lost to its mesmerizing allure...
-DD

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
^ you have to go through the dumbest steps to do it. and the apple gets changed to a pineapple <_<

but as long as you have the correct components to match your iPhone's firmware, it's pretty simple. easier than making the hacked battery for PSP.
LITERALLY, the only reason i want to do it is so i can have captain falcon say "yes!" every time i get a text message ^_^

Mingin

Smash Cadet
I don't know if you guys are still adding people to the CT player finder list, but i'm gonna introduce myself anyways.

Mingin - Falco/Falcon(melee) - Glastonbury - AIM: Ramrod452

I'm from CT, but I go to college in NC, so I'm only home during the summer (just in time for APEX). So yea, that's about it.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
I played it today for the first time in like 10 years and its one of the hardest games i have ever played
wanna go crazy?
get the following NES games:
solstice
metal gear
gauntlet
bucky o'hare
monster in my pocket

give yourself an entire weekend. if you can beat one, you deserve a blowjob on the spot.
which reminds me, last time i played gremlins 2, JV remembered the password to the last stage. that's how you know the line between cool and badass. JV shattered that line and made badass shake in its boots.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
I don't know if you guys are still adding people to the CT player finder list, but i'm gonna introduce myself anyways.

I'm from CT, but I go to college in NC, so I'm only home during the summer (just in time for APEX). So yea, that's about it.
welcome since no one else welcomed you

jerks

no one really updates the finder like that (no one meaning V) but its nice to have you aboard.

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&

Yay, another Melee player! :)

I'm from North Haven. Let me know when you're in town.

Top Bottom