• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecticut Player Finder: We're better than you <3

trademark0013

Smash Champion

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I HATE YOU COG!

wait, I really don't care.
Posting right after Mogwai to further confuse Cog.
hey, is wife confirmed for the tourney on the 7th and are you coming with him and are you guys crashing at my place?
Yes, yes, and yes.
hey cog, do you like this quintuple post? I won't even get banned for it :p
I will now :laugh:

Laijin

Smash Hero
You're stupid because instead of saying the sensible (and perfectly fine) thing, "I don't like Lost." You instead say the uneducated, ignorant thing: It stopped making sense after the first season, and (the classic) they're just making it up as they go.
The latter is just factually incorrect.

As for not making sense after the first season; sounds like a personal problem, because everybody I know can follow it just fine.

edit: actually I don't know you so I can't say you're stupid, that's pretty mean of me. I think what you said was stupid but that's all.
I can follow it just fine. I know whats going on in the story. Its just more like I feel the story is absolutely ridiculous and it SEEMS like they are making it up as they go along cause to be honest, usually you can see a clear direction of where a story is headed. In Lost, I don't see a clear direction. I thought I did during the first couple of seasons, but that quickly went away and now I dont know wtf they are doing with the show.
To sum that all up. In my personal opinion, I think the story is getting absolutely more absurd and ridiculous as it keeps going.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Well it's the first time I've ever heard of someone complaining that a storyline isn't predictable enough. >_>
I'm leaving work right now so I can't type up a big response or anything but there's definitely driving forces and themes and storylines throughout the whole thing.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
LMAO

look for me. we never played at bullhead

havent u watched futurama? twists make ppl feel dumb
Yeah, we definitely gotta play

i found this funny
Hilarious.

I just realized that Watchmen comes out next week, the night we leave for the NY tourny goddammit. I can't wait a week to see it ****

thumbswayup

Smash Master
I plan on reading it this week. And I just spent the last six hours playing Melee and finally shined to bair with Fox for the first time ever. Then I did it two more times lol ****ing awesome.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
I suck at shine bairs, I can sorta do them in the air but I can't really do them on the ground. I can't find the place to do the shine. Same thing with shine n-airs, I can do shine upsmases pretty consistantly though.

pockyD

Smash Legend
assuming you're talking about fox, you want them on top of you, maybe even a little bit behind you

and it's harder to do from the ground (if not impossible for fox? i don't know) because jumping from the ground is slower than using your double jump

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Yup talking about fox. You can do shine back airs off the ground against some characters like ganon if you run, shine so you still have momentum then b-air. Thats how I do it, not sure if it works on the entire cast though.

Down in Fl, I really don't live next to anyone who I can play on a regular basis so all i really do to get better is practice tech stuff. And no one plays at my college.

Chum

Smash Apprentice
In all honesty I really don't know whats useful in this game, not to much experience playing other people, not enough tournament experience, etc. Thats why I just work on perfecting tech skill. I think i'm getting decent though, i've been getting better really fast imo, since i've only been playing melee since like september.

Silas06

Smash Apprentice
ok guys. i've got 3:40 of the vid done. only like 2-3 mins of footage left. i need ONE MORE SONG. it doesn't matter what it is this time, as i took care of the beat tippering in the start and am now out of short clips XD. i'm begging ya here, i'm so excited, just help me find one last song! D:

Chum

Smash Apprentice
Cool your from branford, one of my old track coaches was from there. I think he might also be coaching there now aswell not sure though.

So watchmen comes out in like 7 days.

bolt.

Smash Ace
Cool your from branford, one of my old track coaches was from there. I think he might also be coaching there now aswell not sure though.

So watchmen comes out in like 7 days.
I don't go to school in Branford so I don't know. I go to school in Durham, and run track there.

noodles

Smash Champion
bolt that thing rarely gets updated. if it wasnt fow this being the biggest threads, EVER id be trying to get it locked/make a new one.

Top Bottom