• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confused?

4urentertainment

Smash Cadet
I dont know if this is the right place but...

I'm a little confused about Snake's biography. I mean like how many snakes are there? Soild snake, liquid snake, naked snake etc... But who is the original snake, and where do the others come from? And why?

If someone could explain the whole story i would be grateful.

UltimaXtreme

Smash Journeyman
naked snake is the first snake
solid snake / liquid snake is the second snakes created from naked snake
solidus snake is a ***got who thinks he's a "snake" because he has cool armor and lazers.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
Naked snake is the original. He later becomes Big Boss.

Big Boss is cloned and that creates Solid and Liquid Snake.

Solid kills Liquid, but Ocelot takes his arm and attaches it to his.
Solidus is just another clone that Raiden kills.

Is that it? I haven't played any metal gear games in forever. Maybe I'll replay them...

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Meh, they cloned Naked Snake (Big Boss) because he was considered the best soldier of the 20th century. Hence, Solid, Liquid, Solidus. Solid Snake is a good guy (to make things short), while Liquid and Solidus are, at best, misguided.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
It's weird...the face is like Naked Snake but without the eye missing. But, the camo that he wears in the game is like Solid Snake's.
Well, MGS1's Solid Snake(Brawl's Snake) looked like what he looked like because he was a young Snake.

MGS2's Solid Snake(this was a couple of years later) looks like Big Boss/Naked Snake/Brawl's Snake.

Remember, Solid Snake has accelerated aging, that's why he looked like a 20-30ish year old person in MGS1, then a 30-40ish year old in MGS2(Looking like Big Boss/Naked Snake), and an old geezer in MGS4.

What confuses me is why Liquid and Solidus don't look as much like Naked Snake compared to Solid Snake.
Solidus looks like an old geezer version of Naked Snake IMO. Liquid anything like Naked Snake but "maybe" that's because (like Solid Snake) he was young in MGS1, and we never get to see him as an older person(because he died in MGS1).

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I looked more closely at Solidus and he does have some features...

By the way, Sorry about the edits. I over think what sounds right to wrong.

Squall_Leonhart

Smash Rookie
Brawl's Snake looks like the MGS2 Solid Snake.

Big Boss (Naked Snake) was indeed the first Snake, but Solid Snake is the series's hero, so Brawl's Snake is based on Solid Snake.

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
Big Boss was the first 'Snake,' codename Naked Snake. He was recognized as the greatest soldier of the 20th century, and while in a coma, some of his genetic information was taken to be used in cloning. He became Big Boss after defeating his mentor(The Boss) in combat, but felt betrayed by his country. He created Outer Heaven as a sanctuary for soldiers, where they would constantly be valued. At this point, he is the villain of Metal Gear 1.

Solid Snake is one of the products of the cloning of Big Boss. He has a similar appearance, but he has a different eye colour, and a totally different personality. In his rookie days, he worked under Big Boss, and was sent to Outer Heaven to eliminate Metal Gear. However, he later finds out that Big Boss is actually his enemy, and defeats him. He ends up going to Outer Heaven again, when Big Boss once again threatens the world with Metal Gear. He ends up killing Big Boss with a make shift flamethrower, put together with a lighter and aerosol can.
In MGS1, we're introduced to one of his brothers, Liquid Snake. Liquid is pretty much nothing like Solid Snake or Big Boss, outside of the fact that they share similar genes. He's killed by Snake, but lives on through his arm, which he used to possess Ocelot.

Solidus Snake is yet ANOTHER Big Boss clone. Former president of the US, and dedicated to the destruction of The Patriots, he serves as Raiden's father figure, and is ultimatly killed by him. Solidus' accelerated aging is taking place much faster then the other two Snakes.

The Snake in Brawl is not really Solid Snake, yet not Naked Snake either(and certainly not any of the other two), He's a combination of both Solid and Naked Snakes, with the outfit of MGS2 Solid Snake, yet a beard closer to Naked Snake, and also Naked Snake's blue eyes(Solid Snake has green). Brawl Snake is more of an almalgum of the two big Snakes, representing both past and present.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
The Snake in Brawl is not really Solid Snake, yet not Naked Snake either(and certainly not any of the other two), He's a combination of both Solid and Naked Snakes, with the outfit of MGS2 Solid Snake, yet a beard closer to Naked Snake, and also Naked Snake's blue eyes(Solid Snake has green). Brawl Snake is more of an almalgum of the two big Snakes, representing both past and present.
When Snake was Pliskin(or going by the identity of Pliskin) in MGS2, he looks very similar the same as Naked Snake and the very similar to the Snake in Brawl(his beard is a little thicker in Brawl). Video with Pliskin

Another difference is Pliskin(solid snake) wasn't wearing a bandanna so his hair was normal.

Though according to Brawl(and the codec messages), that Snake is "Solid Snake", because his trophy(when you beat classic mode) gives the bio of Solid Snake and spells out "Solid Snake".

I think the blue eyes was a mistake. There's also a mistake with Snake referring to Foxhound as "Foxes" and not as "hounds". See my post, so they could have also had an error with Snake's eyes in Brawl.

WIN

Smash Cadet
As far as the storyline is concerned, I'd tell you not to worry about it. The plot is so freaking crazy nowadays you're basically playing the games just to snap necks and sneak around more than find out what happens next.

I mean really...MGS 2? Raiden? The Patriots? Some Tentacle guy you fight with a ninja sword on top of the capitol building? VAMPIRES?!

I'm a fan of good plot twists, but come on now...ya gotta keep it at least semi-plausible to keep me interested.

3 was good though.

Top Bottom