• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed Assisst Trophy Characters

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Unless you have been living under a rock for the past month (or longer), you've no doubt heard about a new, curiously named item to be included in Brawl - the "Assist Trophy" - as well as the general uproar surrounding this recent development due to the implications that it has brought forth concerning character additions. Since it has been recently revealed that ALL characters in Brawl are in fact REALLY trophies (refer to the "This World..." update), AT characters are NPCs that provide a helping hand to a particular player (analogous to the assist fighters in Marvel vs. Capcom) once they are released from an 'activated' Assist Trophy - basically, it's the Pokeball for all non-Pokemon characters...

At any rate, here are all AT characters confirmed thus far:

Dr. Wright

Knuckle Joe

Samurai Goroh

And then there are those characters who are currently lacking dedicated articles but are nonetheless confirmed as Assist Trophies:

Hammer Bro

and that God-forsaken Nintendog...

Many opportunities have suddenly been opened up, but at the same time, things now look rather dark for a number of Brawl hopefuls (including most of mine... :eek:). At any rate, feel free to discuss, but remember that this thread is character-specific only...

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Smashbros.com said:
Super Smash Bros. Brawl is sort of like a festival that all sorts of characters show up for. Bear in mind, though, that you can’t control any of the characters appearing on these pages. Let there be no mistake about that.
I am so, so sorry. What character will be anti-confirmed next? I can already hear the cries of anguish!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Well there you go, there's a way for all the crappy ancillary sonic characters and random mushroom kingdomers to get representation. Yay.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
This is sooo awesome! :D Even though I'd like to see Samurai Goroh as a playable character, this is also fine since now we're deffinatly gonna see +100 characters in Brawl! I just freacking hope that Diddy Kong ISN'T one of these Assisst Throphies... o_o;

the grim lizard

Smash Master
^^^ I'm worried about that, too...

Deathborne, maybe change the title to include ALL Assist Trophy characters, and this might be OK???

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
Ugh. I don't where this is going; its bad news for people who have characters they really want to see confirmed as playable... nobody wants to see their favorite character relegated to being a freaking NPC... as if waiting for the updates was suspenseful enough, now we gotta wait to see if X character gets the axe too...

D

Deleted member

Ah well.

I've said it once already, but maybe if people still think those characters are aweome then maybe one day they'll make them proper newcomers.

Maybe.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Ugh. I don't where this is going; its bad news for people who have characters they really want to see confirmed as playable... nobody wants to see their favorite character relegated to being a freaking NPC... as if waiting for the updates was suspenseful enough, now we gotta wait to see if X character gets the axe too...
Yes this really does throw a wrench into the works, doesn't it? Just imagine how disappointed you'd be if the character wasn't playable OR NPC, though!...

I have this feeling that this thread is going to break the Zelda thread record from last Monday...200 posts in 4 hours or less? Ehh? will it happen?? I think so...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm really fearing for the character Ridley to be playable now... I mean, it's so much easier to just make him an Assisst Thropy... I'd suit his image better too, being an all powerful character which cannot be stopped, but let's have hope...

Now I also think other obscure-but-wanted characters as Tom Nook, Captain Olimar (or hell even Pikmin itself...) Isaac andGeno have almost no change of becoming a playable character... Even Samurai Goroh didn't quite made it to the roster as said by Sakurai's words. This also probarly means that C.Falcon will be the only playable F.Zero character since the second most important character is just an Assisst Thropy...

I just ****ing hope for Diddy to be playable...

JPW

Smash Ace
this could lift a lot of possibilities now too.

We might see characters like Midna, Wolf Link, Dark Samus, Toad, Baby Bowser, Birdo, Ridley, and so forth after all.

I was also thinking if Sonic makes the roster Tails or Knuckles should be an assist trophy.

to make it even more fun you should be able to unlock them too, so at least it be a challenge.

I was a bit disappointed too, with Samurai Goroh not being a Playable character, maybe they couldn't work out a moveset. Or maybe Black Shadow made the cut instead.

Falcon needs an enemy I feel especially with bad guys like Metaknight, Bowser, Gannondorf DK(he's a bad guy more than he is good.) and such joining the fray.

I hope Diddy isn't an assist, but he could be. If Diddy gets in for roster though I'm saying Dixie is the assist.

This might be where all the cuts are going too, just to quiet people down.

I could see Roy being an assist. Along with G&W. Even Dr.Mario.

I'm over it now though. Maybe next time Samurai will make the roster.

Seperate Sheik

Smash Rookie
There'll probable be at least 1 assist per character. Ex. Falcon gets gorogh. Samus gets ridley, diddy gets dixie and so on.

iharfor

Smash Journeyman
Why does Goroh get his official assist trophy section in items but not Hammer bros? It's interesting that You would'nt know that Goroh was an assist trophy until the end of his article. Why is there a distinction?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
There'll probable be at least 1 assist per character. Ex. Falcon gets gorogh. Samus gets ridley, diddy gets dixie and so on.
No, not really, since it says otherwise, and Kirby gets a hammer brother which makes no sense on his part.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
It can be seen as either a good thing or a bad thing - depending upon the prominence of the character in question.

At the very least though, I believe the "Tom Nook Question" may very well have been finally answerd... :grin:

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . So now ALL nintendo fans have to fear what us Pokemon fans have been debating about sence the beginning, "Playable character or Pokeballed" in a sense. . .

Well this just changed the playing field completely. I know TONS of people where yelling for S-Goro yet he didn't meet the "Playble smasher level" according to Sakurai.

. . . But it's not like F-Z was THAT popular or THAT big. But this was a highly wanted character from that series so alot of characters are in the "OMGZZ, Might be A-T!!" list.

This was a VERY double edged sword for the smash world. . .

the grim lizard

Smash Master
It can be seen as either a good thing or a bad thing - depending upon the prominence of the character in question.

At the very least though, I believe the "Tom Nook Question" may very well have been finally answerd... :grin:
I've never been simultaneously so excited and so devestated at the same time...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
One the one hand, yes, I'd be bummed to see one of my hopefull characters only make it as an assist trophy. But then, I'd be far worse not to see them at all, which seems to have been the only other alternative for Samurai "didn't make the cut" Goroh. Poor guy.

Personaly, I like the idea of an assist trophy. It's like the 'everybody else' of pokeballs.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Hah. Imagine if Sonic's appearance is just him running by for a second. Wow,what a buzzkill.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I believe this is going to be the BIGGEST upset in the Brawl rooms, period.

I swear, Ridley is so high on the assist trophy list now that I think I just died a little on the inside. This update makes me want to blow s*** up...

Zjiin

Smash Master
I'd almost rather that these characters not be in the game, than dummed down to a glorified pokeball.

As soon as high level compitition starts up with brawl, all the items will be more than likely turned off. I don't now about many of you, but i don't remember the last time i played with pokeballs in melee. These AT characters are only going to be a temporary gameplay novelty until they inevitably get turned off. What a LAME update.

Ryuujiin

Smash Apprentice
I honestly doubt there'll be that many assist trophy characters. Just because it's possible now doesn't mean they'll become one. If there were so many trophy characters, you'll hardly see the same character twice. There'll probably be just as many as there are pokemon for the pokeball.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I'd almost rather that these characters not be in the game, than dummed down to a glorified pokeball.

As soon as high level compitition starts up with brawl, all the items will be more than likely turned off. I don't now about many of you, but i don't remember the last time i played with pokeballs in melee. These AT characters are only going to be a temporary gameplay novelty until they inevitably get turned off. What a LAME update.
I'll make sure and let you guys know all about how fun it is when my group is playing with items on for years to come. ;)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
My predictions:

First Party Assists
Toad
Birdo
Waluigi
Goombario
E. Gadd
Boo
Fawful
Mona
9-Volt
Kat & Ana
Elite Beat Agents
Advance Wars COs
About a dozen FE guys & gals
Skullkid
Midnea
Tingle (anything to prevent him being playable)
Navi
Slippy
Removed Melee characters
Mach Rider
Kirby's helpers
Metroid Prime Hunters
Tom Nook
Lip from Panel de Pon
Koopalings (as a single trophy)
Chibi Robo
Eggplant Wizard
King Hippo
Lolo & Lala
Starfy
Paula
Jeff
Poo
Laughing Dog (AT version of Goldeen, only is REALLY rubbing it in!)
R.O.B.

Third party assists
Ryu
Simon Belmont
Bomberman
Jack from Harvest Moon
Tetris pieces
Tails
Nights
Chocobo
Cooking Mama
King of All Cosmos
Rabbids

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
@Uncle Kenny: I believe that this already IS the biggest upset... And I also fear for Ridley now...

@Zjiin: I have mixed feelings on the Assist Trophy... Good for peripheral characters like Hammer Bro, BAD for core cast members like Goroh (Shafted TWICE...).

Top Bottom