• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coney's 5-5-5 Monthlies Episode 2: Honey, I Shrunk the Giant Ivysaur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serynder

Jigglypuff is the best.
Sassy, I believe Kenny posted a few pages back that he was interested in teaming with you. On the same note, being less than a day before this event, would anyone like to team with me? o:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
HEY GUYS

DONT USE SECONDARIES OR YOU MIGHT GET A RED CARD SINCE THIS IS A UNITY RULESET EVENT

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13060442#post13060442
Tant don't jump to conclusions. Mew2king lost to a girl in his pool on purpose so she could get out (Sade). She didn't want him to do it, but because he did, Kirin Blaze didn't make it out of pools. If I remember correctly Kirin got screwed over at Pound 5 for the same thing. If you don't believe me, he went Ganondorf round one against her(That's what I was told). Then he went Falco, he won one round but lost the second(With Falco). According to someone that knows M2K, he knows Sade personally. This makes it even more clear that he did it on purpose.

PS: does red card mean he can't enter unity Rule set events?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Kirin wasn't getting out regardless, get your facts straight and he can play whoever the **** he wants cause he paid his money like everyone else. Red carding him is stupid.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
He even said in an interview that wasn't the case, he had first seed so he didn't care. HE ALREDY HAD 1ST SEED, HOW IS THAT INTENTIONAL FORFEITING, the outcome of that game didn't matter to him, why did he have to perform? Why did he have to use MK?

That's stupid and we shouldn't judge someone because of that, and besides they didn't do it to Ally when he went wolf AND LOST TO PELCA IN POOLS, WHY NOT ALLY ALSO

Hypocritical ******s

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
He even said in an interview that wasn't the case, he had first seed so he didn't care. HE ALREDY HAD 1ST SEED, HOW IS THAT INTENTIONAL FORFEITING, the outcome of that game didn't matter to him, why did he have to perform? Why did he have to use MK?

That's stupid and we shouldn't judge someone because of that, and besides they didn't do it to Ally when he went wolf AND LOST TO PELCA IN POOLS, WHY NOT ALLY ALSO

Hypocritical ******s
LMFAO WHO THOUGHT OF THIS YELLOW AND RED CARD ?BS? ROOOOFL what a bunch of ****ing idiots whoever thinks this is actually a legit system is ******** .........

loook he paid venue he paid his tournament entries he can do w/e he wants this unity bull**** just causes more OH HE DIDNT TRY I HAVE PROOF BY MY WORD OF MOUTH * so many ways people can manipulate this **** to just have it there way and get someone yellow carded or red carded (which is like the most ******** **** i ever heard of ) you can just get enough people to say oh so and so used a diffrent character therefor rigging the bracket or some **** >_>

You guys really need to Review who the *** is back there making these decisions but that is ****ing ******* system and who the **** decided to name it unity ruleset LMFAO WTF >->

kick out a bunch of the ******* that are back there that think this is a good idea >_>:glare: /end rant on stupid *** rules

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
@Tant: M2k knows Sade/Akira/Melissa (Whatever name you wanna call her) personally. M2k wanted to tap dat @s$ so he gave her a free win to get to the next round of pools. I don't know how more clear I can be.

Ally didn't give anyone a free win in pools at CoT5. He tried his hardest with a multitude of characters with every intention of getting a high seed. He was also drunk lol.

:phone:

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Gtfoh with this dumb topic and hype this tourny. This is no regional so please stfu about stupid stuff lol.

Anyone MM :) I'll bring some cashes just in case!!
Coney is it ok to be like 30 mins early :8?

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
one thing to mess around with a character in pools because you feel comfortable enough doing so

it's another to mess around with a character in pools with the intention of getting someone else through, and then bragging about it later

i know, i know, it's difficult to measure intent and i'm not saying i agree with the decision, but i "get" it

also, yes @ renan, that's fine!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Kirin wasn't getting out regardless, get your facts straight and he can play whoever the **** he wants cause he paid his money like everyone else. Red carding him is stupid.
Are you sure about that? I mean, if him losing didn't mess with the seeding then it obviously doesn't matter and he wouldn't get red carded, right?

Edit: just read the allisbrawl blog. So Kirin wasn't effected but 2nd and 3rd seed were switched. This makes me feel like he was sandbagging but had no intentions of losing. who loses on purpose so someone can get a seed higher even if they're already making it out? I bet M2K didn't even look at the pool sheet. Still, everything I'm saying is speculation.

@CK: I'm not in the BBRC, only like 5 people are. I'm okay with red cards and yellow cards, but I agree that the word of mouth thing is really lame. I don't know what evidence they have though. There is a big problem in this community with first seeds losing on purpose in pools to avoid a tie breaker and let their friend out. We think we have a way of resolving this at Apex by making it almost impossible for this to happen and it avoids punishing players

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
Are you sure about that? I mean, if him losing didn't mess with the seeding then it obviously doesn't matter and he wouldn't get red carded, right?

@CK: I'm not in the BBRC, only like 5 people are. I'm okay with red cards and yellow cards, but I agree that the word of mouth thing is really lame. I don't know what evidence they have though. There is a big problem in this community with first seeds losing on purpose in pools to avoid a tie breaker and let their friend out. We think we have a way of resolving this at Apex by making it almost impossible for this to happen and it avoids punishing players
yes like i said it can be easily manipulated and can cause of alot of people to get red carded or yellow carded which makes it really messed up in many ways i know im not in the community but trying to make this like a "PRO" sport is absurd haha.. this red card and yellow card would only make it worst

and whats up with if you follow the unity ruleset you have to ban the red carded player or else your tournament wont get advertised? that sounds even worse for anyone how bout like a bunch of players get red carded wouldnt that HURT attendence instead of actually encouraging players to go?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm thinking this will probably hurt Ktar 6. I'm wondering if Keitaro is considering changing the rule set so M2K could come.

and yes it's about making us look more professional as a community. we're trying to go more main stream it seems and with the amount of splitting and losing on purpose in pools that happens in tournaments something needed to be done. I don't know if I like how quick they were to jump on this though. Like with MLG, ADHD wrote a blog I think that had him confessing to doing it. I dunno if there's enough evidence for this.

I'm gonna stop talking about this in coney's thread though. Respond to me via PM if you care.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Forgot to look for a ride.
Oops.

Guess ygoz again tomorrow.

...unless someone wants free money to pick me up?
Nah, not this community. No one wants money.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
I'm leaving my home in Central PA at 10:00, Throwing in a McDonalds on the way, I should be there by 1:30 ish.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
@NiTEWiNG
i'm going to assume your not entering teams correct?

LMFAO WHO THOUGHT OF THIS YELLOW AND RED CARD ?BS? ROOOOFL what a bunch of ****ing idiots whoever thinks this is actually a legit system is ******** .........

loook he paid venue he paid his tournament entries he can do w/e he wants this unity bull**** just causes more OH HE DIDNT TRY I HAVE PROOF BY MY WORD OF MOUTH * so many ways people can manipulate this **** to just have it there way and get someone yellow carded or red carded (which is like the most ******** **** i ever heard of ) you can just get enough people to say oh so and so used a diffrent character therefor rigging the bracket or some **** >_>

You guys really need to Review who the *** is back there making these decisions but that is ****ing ******* system and who the **** decided to name it unity ruleset LMFAO WTF >->

kick out a bunch of the ******* that are back there that think this is a good idea >_>:glare: /end rant on stupid *** rules

hey troll, you do know that they do this is the 2-d fighter communities, you know the ones that are more professional than us and have actual sponsored players...

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Correct, no teams for me, unless they were to start REALLY late for whatever reason...

Do you still need me to bring a Wii / Game?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
@NiTEWiNG
i'm going to assume your not entering teams correct?

hey troll, you do know that they do this is the 2-d fighter communities, you know the ones that are more professional than us and have actual sponsored players...
and you know how big there community is? and there fighters arent a party game trying to be competitive?

Can anyone bring a GameCube memory card? I need it for the 2 Melee setups I'm bringing unless anyone wants to make them Brawl setups (aka bring a Wii + Brawl)

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Can anyone bring a GameCube memory card? I need it for the 2 Melee setups I'm bringing unless anyone wants to make them Brawl setups (aka bring a Wii + Brawl)
I'll bring a memory card. Though, I MAY be missing 1 stage... don't remember, It formatted earlier this year.

Flutter NiTE

Smash Lord
Double post like a boss... (accident)

Do I need to bring a Wii?!?! I'm leaving in 5 minutes, I need to know!

EVERYONE

Post all details you remember about your tournament sets. THIS IS IMPROTANT. I need as much information as possible to separate recorded tournament sets

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Er?

Zant(Lucario) 2-0
Tantalus(MK) 1-2
Bloodynite(Ganon) 2-1
Aposl(PT) 2-1
EE(MK) 2-0
Lie(Diddy) 2-0
Seagull(Wolf) 1-2

Wow, my record is HILARIOUS. I need to practice more before tourney next time.

Although I think the only tournament matches I played on your set-up was the one between you and me and Aposl's. Maybe? I don't recall.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
I played bloodynite in tournament 2-1, but I think my match vs him on your set up was a MM where I 2-0'd. The only other match was against lol.'s metaknight and I think I 2-0'd.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
No-ID you forgot to list you ****** me on your record XD

Anyway as for my tourney sets

Winner's

2-0'd Nitewing, Diddy vs Pit game 1 and MK vs Pit game 2.
2-1'd 2Fast, he beats my MK with Snake game 1, I win the same MU on Frigate game 2, game 3 we change to R.O.B. vs Mario and I win.
0-2'd by Seagull, Kirby vs Wolf game 1, ICs vs Falco game 2.

Loser's

0-2'd by No-ID, MK vs Samus game 1, MK vs Sheik game 2.

Those are my tourney sets XR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom