• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concerning the Issue of Characters Not Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh gosh first Toon Link now people desperately want Ness gone? Why y'all hating my mains!?! ; A ;
Ness was never planned to be cut in Brawl, neither was Jigglypuff. In Jigglypuff's case, she was apparently low priority but she was never planned to be given the boot like Young Link and Pichu did.

And after Earthbound getting a world wide virtual console rerelease not that long ago, I don't see them kicking Ness out really. :/

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Issues with this:
1- While not Mario characters, Wario, Yoshi, and all DK characters are Mario associates, which branch out his represetation to a certain degree. Separate series', but still notably in cohoots (considering Yoshi is not even in promos anymore, with Pit in place). The aesthetic points to a degree of association. We can point to black and white, but it is not.
In the past, yes, but each are their own series now. They can exist independently, as seen with Wooly World, Warioware, and the DKC revival. They're no more Mario now than Kirby or Fox is. Nevermind that the Mario reps actually share icons. Even Bowser, who arguably has his own icon available, yet keeps getting grouped with Mario's crew.

2- There is an assumption that there are in fact no more mario characters based on another theory; that is a theory based on a theory. Which is getting to leave a lot of margin of error. It is your interpretation that there will be 47 characters, which you stated, but that is all, and if so, that we have indeed seen all the Mario characters.
You're right, it's a theory. It's also a theory I haven't seen hard evidence in debunking. On the CSS, no series out-represents Mario. Period. This has repeated itself three times prior, and there's no reason to think it will change now.

3- The assumption that Jigglypuff is without a doubt the next Pokemon, based on O12, because being in the first game makes you infallible despite all other evidence.
What other evidence? Mewtwo's fans have been shouting her down ever since he failed to make the grade. There's also no real reason to think Sceptile's joining because first that's just too many Pokemon, and second the trio style was PT's gimmick, who is gone.

As far as I can see this just takes into account the pieces of the theories you enjoy or stick to yourself, and puts it all together, heightening each. There are too many issues of unaccountability.
Maybe, but if someone could supply solid evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it. Sakurai may say that he considers transformation characters separate, but actions speak louder than words, and he grouped them all under single labels, which also had the effect of keeping the Mario Theory intact.

If you want to play with numbers, here is the Pokemon Theory. I just made it.

SSB64- Two Pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff)
Valid.

Melee- Four Pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pichu)
Also valid.

Brawl- Six Pokemon (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Charizard, Squirtle, Ivysaur)
Invalid. Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur existed under Pokemon Trainer, who was the CSS representative.

THIS GAME- EIGHT POKEMON (Pikachu, Lucario, Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Trainer)
Massive oversaturation of Pokemon. Sceptile has no real chance of making it. Trainer's DOA and ironically carries the same stigma his predecessor, Mewtwo, does. Mewtwo will either be a boss or be totally absent. 47 + Random completely kills their chances out of the gate by working with the Mario theory and disallowing Mario any additional reps.

I'm still thinking we got 5-6 cuts.

Snake, Ivysaur, Squirtle, one Star Fox character, one Mother character, and maybe Jigglypuff.

I don't "want" cuts, but thinking we won't get any cuts at all is ridiculous.

:snake: Obvious reasoning is obvious. Snake never really fit into Smash Bros. and Kojima doesn't think Snake is likely to return, plus we've already got three third-party gaming icons.
Agreed, he's gone.

:ivysaur: and :squirtle:, sorry, but they are fairly obvious cuts as well. The most popular of the trio, Charizard, is here, and these guys weren't confirmed along with him. Its safe to assume they're gone.
Mario Theory works against them as well as Greninja's inclusion. These two have no point to exist anymore.

:falco: or :wolf:, I think its safe to assume one is gone. Wolf is far more unique, though, and would be easier to make original; just replace his specials.

Falco is the problem. I don't care about his "Melee" status or being popular in competitive play, he's barely different from Fox at all, and custom movesets make him completely redundant. Unless they add a new "clone" system where other characters can be unlocked as skins of an existing character but can be given their own movesets, I think Falco is safely gone.

Wolf is the main "pilot" villain of the series and is more original, plus he was intended to be in before Falco anyway. He was also always more popular than Falco prior to Melee.
I would actually argue that WOLF was the most likely fourth cut before Gematsu speculated that Lucas was likely to get the axe, since he's easily the weakest member of the Star Fox trio on the roster. He lucked out hard with the news on Lucas, and if Lucas isn't cut, then I would assert that Wolf is gone. Falco's going nowhere, he's a staple of Smash, especially Melee-style Smash.

:lucas: or :ness2:, I'm starting to think Ness might be cut instead. He was intended to be cut in Melee, and the ONLY reason he wasn't is because Earthbound 64 was canceled. Ness had less of a priority in Brawl as well.
Gematsu paints a totally different picture, and it hasn't been wrong yet. Despite all of the hand wringing about O12 status, the fact that all twelve, despite whatever conditions they faced, made it in speaks volumes. They are the core of Smash Brothers, for better or worse, and they're not going anywhere. It'd be like if KOF cut Kyo, or it'd be like when Street Fighter cut Ryu/Ken in SF3(who were promptly re-added in later SF3 sequels as per fan outcry).

:jigglypuff: Iffy, but I think there's a decent chance that she might get cut. Especially since she was on the chopping block in Brawl and her relevance has only gotten worse since Brawl, the only thing she has in favor of her is her O12 status and her original moveset, not that many people really like her. I don't think she'll be outright cut, but I do think she'll be given lower priority than Mewtwo this time.
See above about O12. Plus this is a Pokemon that Sakurai absolutely loves. Sakurai bias is confirmed to exist, so what makes people think she's going anywhere? She's in, zero doubt, which means Mario Theory kills Mewtwo's chances, which is unsurprising seeing as he died on the table in Brawl, too.

:rob:, honourable mention. I don't think he'll get cut, but he'll probably have a low priority and wasn't really all that liked in Brawl. I was positive he'd get cut before, but now I don't think he will anymore.
Sakurai loves his WTF characters, and R.O.B.'s among the greatest of them.

Who cares? Why the hell does this matter?
If we can identify any particular pattern in character roster selection, we can more easily guess the full roster, which in turns makes it easier to tell who's in and who's not. O12 and Mario Theory are repeated, noticeable patterns. Anything that's tried to disrupt the patterns have failed. This is quite significant, I'd say.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In the past, yes, but each are their own series now. They can exist independently, as seen with Wooly World, Warioware, and the DKC revival. They're no more Mario now than Kirby or Fox is. Nevermind that the Mario reps actually share icons. Even Bowser, who arguably has his own icon available, yet keeps getting grouped with Mario's crew.

You're right, it's a theory. It's also a theory I haven't seen hard evidence in debunking. On the CSS, no series out-represents Mario. Period. This has repeated itself three times prior, and there's no reason to think it will change now.

What other evidence? Mewtwo's fans have been shouting her down ever since he failed to make the grade. There's also no real reason to think Sceptile's joining because first that's just too many Pokemon, and second the trio style was PT's gimmick, who is gone.

Maybe, but if someone could supply solid evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it. Sakurai may say that he considers transformation characters separate, but actions speak louder than words, and he grouped them all under single labels, which also had the effect of keeping the Mario Theory intact.

Valid.

Also valid.

Invalid. Charizard/Squirtle/Ivysaur existed under Pokemon Trainer, who was the CSS representative.

Massive oversaturation of Pokemon. Sceptile has no real chance of making it. Trainer's DOA and ironically carries the same stigma his predecessor, Mewtwo, does. Mewtwo will either be a boss or be totally absent. 47 + Random completely kills their chances out of the gate by working with the Mario theory and disallowing Mario any additional reps.

Agreed, he's gone.

Mario Theory works against them as well as Greninja's inclusion. These two have no point to exist anymore.

I would actually argue that WOLF was the most likely fourth cut before Gematsu speculated that Lucas was likely to get the axe, since he's easily the weakest member of the Star Fox trio on the roster. He lucked out hard with the news on Lucas, and if Lucas isn't cut, then I would assert that Wolf is gone. Falco's going nowhere, he's a staple of Smash, especially Melee-style Smash.

Gematsu paints a totally different picture, and it hasn't been wrong yet. Despite all of the hand wringing about O12 status, the fact that all twelve, despite whatever conditions they faced, made it in speaks volumes. They are the core of Smash Brothers, for better or worse, and they're not going anywhere. It'd be like if KOF cut Kyo, or it'd be like when Street Fighter cut Ryu/Ken in SF3(who were promptly re-added in later SF3 sequels as per fan outcry).

See above about O12. Plus this is a Pokemon that Sakurai absolutely loves. Sakurai bias is confirmed to exist, so what makes people think she's going anywhere? She's in, zero doubt, which means Mario Theory kills Mewtwo's chances, which is unsurprising seeing as he died on the table in Brawl, too.

Sakurai loves his WTF characters, and R.O.B.'s among the greatest of them.

If we can identify any particular pattern in character roster selection, we can more easily guess the full roster, which in turns makes it easier to tell who's in and who's not. O12 and Mario Theory are repeated, noticeable patterns. Anything that's tried to disrupt the patterns have failed. This is quite significant, I'd say.

Long ass post man

Mewtwo isn't getting the axe two games in a row. Using your "cutting Ryu/Ken" argument against you, Mewtwo ALSO has the highest fan request of all Nintendo characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If the Gematsu leak turns out to be true, I'm really curious how they are going to go about cuts in the next game. Even though a lot of people here won't admit it, 50 characters is a pretty sizable roster especially when you consider how most of the characters are completely unique. As Sakurai said last year, the work load of the games becomes more and more as the roster grows and, with the way things are shaping up, this game will have been in development for a little less than three years when it comes out in November/December, almost a full year longer than Brawl. Most fighting games take a year tops and now it's beginning to creep into major Mario/Zelda/Pokemon game territory development time wise. I feel like something will eventually have to give but it's hard to say what they'd be willing to sacrifice.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I still think the only cuts are Snake and Pokemon Trainer.

Anyone else has no real reason to be removed. One thing that bothers me greatly is when people propose we cut, say, Falco or Lucas, because the properties of their special moves can be shifted to Fox or Ness, respectively.

I disagree with that sentiment. They may not have completely unique movesets, but they have enough unique aspects to warrant their spot. They differ from the original characters in appearance and physics/stats, and it doesn't seem like such a task to differentiate them even further.

If Toon Link and Ike are back, I think Lucas/Wolf are good to go as well.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
Long *** post man

Mewtwo isn't getting the axe two games in a row. Using your "cutting Ryu/Ken" argument against you, Mewtwo ALSO has the highest fan request of all Nintendo characters.
Mewtwo's problem is that he's not core to Smash. Jigglypuff is, and there's only room for one.

If the Gematsu leak turns out to be true, I'm really curious how they are going to go about cuts in the next game. Even though a lot of people here won't admit it, 50 characters is a pretty sizable roster especially when you consider how most of the characters are completely unique. As Sakurai said last year, the work load of the games becomes more and more as the roster grows and, with the way things are shaping up, this game will have been in development for a little less than three years when it comes out in November/December, almost a full year longer than Brawl. Most fighting games take a year tops and now it's beginning to creep into major Mario/Zelda/Pokemon game territory development time wise. I feel like something will eventually have to give but it's hard to say what they'd be willing to sacrifice.
Sakurai's design methodology works against larger rosters too. Remember, he typically builds them from scratch rather than just reuse assets. So every character is pretty much renewed every iteration.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Sakurai's design methodology works against larger rosters too. Remember, he typically builds them from scratch rather than just reuse assets. So every character is pretty much renewed every iteration.
Which is pretty much my point, the workload is getting bigger and bigger but games that stay 2+ years in development are typically a huge strain on resources. This is even more problematic for a developer like Nintendo because they work on so many products at once. Nintendo does have the benefit of having so many second parties too but, even then, Nintendo's big wigs are heavily involved for the sake of quality control and funds and human resources are still provided by Nintendo itself for the most part. It begs the question of whether Smash Bros is approaching "critical mass" and becoming somewhat of a white elephant development wise.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Why don't they just have Ness and Lucas use one spot, and use the the customization so we have both movesets and characters
Ness and Lucas fight almost nothing like each other. The special moves are really the only moves they share, and they're the only ones that can be customized in SSB4 anyway. PK Love is Lucas's signature move, and if he just had Ness's regular physical attacks then he might as well not be there.

Strongly agree with this. As a third variation on the same Star Fox character, Wolf is by far the least necessary rep on the Brawl roster. Falco might be closer in playstyle to Fox, but as I've said before Falco has a lot more weight to him with two Smash games under his belt and his status as a protagonist.

Mewtwo not appearing in SSB4 doesn't really mean he's getting the axe 'twice'. He only got the axe once, the axe isn't necessary to keep him out of the fourth game.

Metaphors aside, Mewtwo is probably not happening. At least not in the release game. Jigglypuff absolutely takes priority over him (as evident in Brawl) and I'm inclined to agree that there's only room for one more Pokemon.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ness and Lucas fight almost nothing like each other. The special moves are really the only moves they share, and they're the only ones that can be customized in SSB4 anyway. PK Love is Lucas's signature move, and if he just had Ness's regular physical attacks then he might as well not be there.

Strongly agree with this. As a third variation on the same Star Fox character, Wolf is by far the least necessary rep on the Brawl roster. Falco might be closer in playstyle to Fox, but as I've said before Falco has a lot more weight to him with two Smash games under his belt and his status as a protagonist.

Mewtwo not appearing in SSB4 doesn't really mean he's getting the axe 'twice'. He only got the axe once, the axe isn't necessary to keep him out of the fourth game.

Metaphors aside, Mewtwo is probably not happening. At least not in the release game. Jigglypuff absolutely takes priority over him (as evident in Brawl) and I'm inclined to agree that there's only room for one more Pokemon.
There were 6 PKMN in Brawl what's to keep 6 out of this title.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I think Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle are likely or even obvious cut.

Wolf, Falco and Lucas are in high risk. I think Lucas is kinda cut more than Falco because Wolf to my opinion is hardly a clone except few special moves.

R.O.B are kinda cut too but he have a very unique moveset. Those robots in project guard show in E3 look almost identical to R.O.B. and the game according to Miyamoto has a connection with Star Fox series.(The camera has the Star Fox logo on top of it.)

Jiggly is now a fairy type and that kinda worry me...Still normal though. (BUT O12 status can save her/him and very popular in competitive melee smash.!)

Capt. Falco, Ness, Ice Climber, Ganondorf, Mr. Game and Watch and Wario.

Roy likely be cut but Mewtwo comeback is very hard to see, since Greninja appearance.

That just my opinion and I really want to see R.O.B. back!

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
The Mario Theory.
OMFG stop citing the Mario Theory it is invalid as **** and you know it.

And Greninja being in Smash =/= less chance for Mewtwo.

Do you think Ivysaur and Squirtle are coming back? If not, what do you think is keeping them out?
The fact that Charizard was shown and NOT them? We already have a water type as well.
Mewtwo is still getting in, just you wait.

Edit: ignore pls

Last edited by a moderator:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
OMFG stop citing the Mario Theory it is invalid as **** and you know it.

And Greninja being in Smash =/= less chance for Mewtwo.

The fact that Charizard was shown and NOT them? We already have a water type as well.
Mewtwo is still getting in, just you wait.
It's a demonstrable pattern that suggests very much that Mewtwo is not getting in. Plus, if he couldn't get into Brawl with the lion's share of the work done on him then, what makes you think starting fresh now will increase his chances?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's a demonstrable pattern that suggests very much that Mewtwo is not getting in. Plus, if he couldn't get into Brawl with the lion's share of the work done on him then, what makes you think starting fresh now will increase his chances?
the fact that a lot of work WAS done on him. Of all the cut characters, he was byfar the most complete. Add in the fan demand WORLWIDE and the hinting he did last year, and you have all signs point to Mewtwo Striking Back.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
the fact that a lot of work WAS done on him. Of all the cut characters, he was byfar the most complete. Add in the fan demand WORLWIDE and the hinting he did last year, and you have all signs point to Mewtwo Striking Back.
Remember though that Sakurai does not re-use assets. Every character, from the most recent newcomer to Mario himself, is rebuilt from the ground up. That takes a lot of time. If Sakurai decided that Mewtwo just wasn't worth doing back in Brawl, then it's highly probable that, for whatever reason, Mewtwo just isn't good enough for Smash according to Sakurai, and he won't be appearing in Smash 4. Same as Ridley, same as Krystal, same as any other heavily-demanded fan character. Jigglypuff is not going anywhere, and the Mario Theory has held true so far. There's just no room for Mewtwo.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings

Jigglypuff worthy for Smash but not Mewtwo? Don't make me laugh.
Facts are facts man. Jigglypuff got into Brawl. Mewtwo died on the table. There's no reason to think he's coming back after that.

Which is pretty much my point, the workload is getting bigger and bigger but games that stay 2+ years in development are typically a huge strain on resources. This is even more problematic for a developer like Nintendo because they work on so many products at once. Nintendo does have the benefit of having so many second parties too but, even then, Nintendo's big wigs are heavily involved for the sake of quality control and funds and human resources are still provided by Nintendo itself for the most part. It begs the question of whether Smash Bros is approaching "critical mass" and becoming somewhat of a white elephant development wise.
Smash may well be reaching its maximum size, at least under Sakurai. People could argue then that Sakurai's the bottleneck, but he's also been the QA that's kept Smash viable and interesting over its entries, certainly leagues better than PSA:BR(which had neat ideas but very poor execution). A lot of people seem to gloss over the fact that the extra modes and quirks of Smash beyond just the roster are what give the game its charm and it serves incredibly well in multiple roles; an intense multiplayer game, a fun single-player experience, and an intriguing museum through which to browse the history of gaming itself. Taking any of those three aspects away, especially for something so shallow as extra characters, would rob it of something unique, I think.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
BUT HE WAS PLANNED AND NEARLY FINISHED

What do you not understand about that? Jiggs has a similar model to Kirby so that's half the work done right there
And then work stopped on him. You're right. He was almost done. So why stop right at the finish line? Was it time? Probably not, if that much work was already done, it should have been easy to finish either before or even during the debug phase. So then what did stop them from finishing? I suspect that they just gave up on Mewtwo and decided to put effort into other characters. If they gave up on him then, again, why do you think there's a better chance for him now, when they'd have to redo all of their work?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And then work stopped on him. You're right. He was almost done. So why stop right at the finish line? Was it time? Probably not, if that much work was already done, it should have been easy to finish either before or even during the debug phase. So then what did stop them from finishing? I suspect that they just gave up on Mewtwo and decided to put effort into other characters. If they gave up on him then, again, why do you think there's a better chance for him now, when they'd have to redo all of their work?
They stopped because they wanted to get the game out sooner.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
No, Sakurai was catering to the demand little ****hole fans who wanted it NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Like every little kid to their mom, they wanted it THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS MUCH and he finally caved.
I strongly doubt that Sakurai was feeling pressure to release Brawl so early that it would render several characters unplayable.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
2006 development started

2008 release

"early?"
And? Several games spend multiple years in development, particularly large ones like Smash brothers. Believe me, rushing to meet that January release deadline wasn't what cost Mewtwo his shot.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
And? Several games spend multiple years in development, particularly large ones like Smash brothers. Believe me, rushing to meet that January release deadline wasn't what cost Mewtwo his shot.
....January....

I'm done here. Why don't you wait until the game is out to make judgement.

I reserve the rights to make a big I TOLD YOU SO post in the event Mewtwo is revealed.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
....January....

I'm done here. Why don't you wait until the game is out to make judgement.

I reserve the rights to make a big I TOLD YOU SO post in the event Mewtwo is revealed.
Fair enough. If it happens, it happens, but I really doubt the Mario Theory, O12, and 47 + Random are wrong. They just seem to be lining up really well with reality.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Fair enough. If it happens, it happens, but I really doubt the Mario Theory, O12, and 47 + Random are wrong. They just seem to be lining up really well with reality.
I'm telling you there's going to be 6 PKMN reps. Both are making it.

And I don't see where this whle 47 thing comes from. Now people are just pulling numbers out of their butt

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
I'm telling you there's going to be 6 PKMN reps. Both are making it.

And I don't see where this whle 47 thing comes from. Now people are just pulling numbers out of their butt
Hooooboy. There's a whole thread dedicated to that little topic. Suffice to say, there's actually little left for me to speculate now. From the evidence I've gotten, I believe I know not just the roster size(47 + Random) but also the characters on the roster. This comes from several sources such as the Gematsu leak, Mario Theory, and the O12 status.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
There is one way Mewtwo will make it. If Mario has another newcomer.
It's not wild, Melee had 5. 2 newcomers for one series isn't crazy. Especially the main series.

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
There is one way Mewtwo will make it. If Mario has another newcomer.
It's not wild, Melee had 5. 2 newcomers for one series isn't crazy. Especially the main series.
True, if Mario gets a sixth rep, I could see Mewtwo slinking back in. 47 + Random precludes a sixth Mario rep, though, at least unless there are very surprising veteran cuts.

Mario Theory?
It's not much, but it's something I've observed in the process of speculating and looking at prior games.

The Mario Theory is based on the observation that Mario always has the most representation or equal representation on the CSS. Regardless of what you may consider Sheik/Zelda or PT(one character with two/three movesets or two/three separate characters), the representation on the CSS has always been under this rule. For convenience's sake, I'm only going to compare the 'Big Three'.

SSB64: Mario - 2(Mario, Luigi), Zelda - 1(Link), PKMN - 2(Pikachu, Jigglypuff).

SSBM: Mario - 5(Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Dr. Mario), Zelda - 4(Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Young Link), PKMN - 4(Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, Mewtwo).

SSBB: Mario - 4(Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach), Zelda - 4(Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link), PKMN - 4(Pikachu, Lucario, PT, Jigglypuff).

For SSB4, it'd assumedly be: Mario - 5(Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Rosalina & Luma), Zelda - 5(Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, Toon Link), PKMN - 5(Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, Greninja, Jigglypuff).

Unless we get a sixth Mario rep(which is impossible under 47 + Random), the Mario Theory prohibits anyone else from having more than five reps. Which means no Ivysaur/Squirtle/Mewtwo/Pichu or any Zelda characters. This isn't necessarily a hard and fast rule, just an observation from previous titles.

Last edited:

EbonyRubberWolf

Banned via Warnings
No franchise can have more character slots than Mario, nevermind the fact that Pokemon had more characters in Brawl and was planned to have even more than that.
Mario Theory concerns the CSS, not playable reps(and there are several that may consider Pokemon Trainer or Zelda/Sheik single characters, due to them being unable to exist without the others). Pokemon may have had Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, but the CSS said it had Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer. Four slots on the CSS, makes it line up with Mario's slots. This pattern is as of yet unbroken. And remember, even if Mewtwo was planned, so was Dr. Mario, which would have evened it out again(5 vs 5).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Mario Theory concerns the CSS, not playable reps(and there are several that may consider Pokemon Trainer or Zelda/Sheik single characters, due to them being unable to exist without the others). Pokemon may have had Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle, but the CSS said it had Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Lucario, and Pokemon Trainer. Four slots on the CSS, makes it line up with Mario's slots. This pattern is as of yet unbroken. And remember, even if Mewtwo was planned, so was Dr. Mario, which would have evened it out again(5 vs 5).
That's exactly what I said, no franchise can have more character SLOTS than Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom