• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computers much more difficult? Or still adapting?

Toast2152

Smash Apprentice
I once played a FFA and they only went after me until I died. There was a wario who got the smash ball and at the same time he transformed I used a clock. It slowed down the other two CPU's but he still went after me. And after I died, he left the other two alone and waited for me to fall off the halo and use up my invincebility.

KoalaBear

Smash Apprentice
Ai in this game is pure boringness (not a word). They are stupid and slow. They dont tech roll or move away..

Toast2152

Smash Apprentice
On many occasions I've played mindgames against the CPU. Mainly just standing there staring eachother down (not sure that counts.)

Geist

Smash Master
There are way too many games where computers deliberately go after the players -______-
At least brawl computers don't only spam jab and grab and can't react frame perfect like melee computers.

Whatever the circumstances though, I never find computers hard. (besides ffas.)

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me, or does it seem like the computers in Brawl will adjust their styles to be similar to that of human players? I haven't tested it, but it seems like after playing with a friend, the computer will use some of the same move patterns as them.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
There are way too many games where computers deliberately go after the players -______-
At least brawl computers don't only spam jab and grab and can't react frame perfect like melee computers.

Whatever the circumstances though, I never find computers hard. (besides ffas.)

Hehe, I remember back in Melee. The computers were so hard back than. You can find a level 5 computer "perfect shielding" constantly. Strange enough though, the Classic and Adventure computers were so easy.

Now, compare what I just said to what I'm saying now. Brawl computers in Classic and All-Star own me all the time. :mad: For some reason, on Classic, when I do the team battles (2 v 2), my partner is some crummy character and the 2 computers I'm fighting are super good characters. And my partner ends up suiciding. :confused:

Toast2152

Smash Apprentice
Is it just me, or does it seem like the computers in Brawl will adjust their styles to be similar to that of human players? I haven't tested it, but it seems like after playing with a friend, the computer will use some of the same move patterns as them.
I've also noticed that. Once I find a way to easily take out the computer using a certain tactic, they change it. Then I have to adapt to that style.

The H Kid

Original
Yeah computers gang up and they "learn" your style but I still dont find them as difficult as some of you guys are making them seem. But I will say that some computers are better then a few of my wifi opponents.
Oh and do any of you know the level that computers are set at when you dont get 4 players for WiFi FFA?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
They seem to adapt, I've seen computers learning mid-match to edgehog me at the perfect time to make me waste my recovery (was using Ganondorf when this happened though). They seem to learn, but overall they basically just dodge alot

LEGND

Smash Rookie
I have absolutely noticed that too. there is no doubt, they gang up on you, and not only that but it is soo funny when you try to hit a character in classic on intense, the CPU will bring up the shield for about .25 of a second so that all you see is the slight outline of the powershield followed by a quick "clank" sound and then b4 u know it you're airborne. :laugh:

LEGND

Smash Rookie
For some reason, on Classic, when I do the team battles (2 v 2), my partner is some crummy character and the 2 computers I'm fighting are super good characters. And my partner ends up suiciding. :confused:
That's the reason why I have come to learn and grimly accept that your partner is there simply as a scapegoat for you to run away and hope that a smash ball appears. Not to mention that they fight like a level 5 bot. :ohwell:

Top Bottom