• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

COMPLETELY VANILLA Mafia | Game Over

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
so friday and saturday's plans that I thought would only be evenings basically ate up the entirety of those two days, sorry all

I'm here tonight and should be available most of tomorrow thru deadline tho so lets get this **** solved

I'm still finishing and ISO of UP because I really, really can't see any scumteam that doesn't include that slot

LYLO replacements are always wack af but welcome to the ****show Ran

Just @ me if anything needs quick addressing, I'm going to a dinner party quick but once Im home I'm just going to be re-reading this game till I pass out

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm here all night and tomorrow so I'm down to solve. Don't really have any questions for you. Just interested in your thoughts on the rest of the cast at this point, and your thoughts on the game state.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll post my reads after Frozen posts theirs. See you in the morning folks.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame What happened tonight btw? I expected you to post more.
dinner I went to ran late, ill be here all day tomorrow tho thru till deadline with the exception of like 2 hours around 2 PM moutain time

the more I read this thread the more im convinced that this has to be either a two coaster scum game or one coaster and one in the town leadership block playin a sick pocket game because there has really been nothing bht discord all game and a lot of it has been shown to be TvT based on the available flips. Xivii replacing out at lylo has me absolutely ****ing confused because its the slot Im most paranoid about being pocketed by. But if its a full coaster team, that means Rans likely to be right and its UP/somi. Boom/xivii would just be masterful powerwolfing that's had us all outplayed from the beginning and tbh Im too arrogant to believe I wouldn't pick up pn that yarn being spun. Boom/somi also would fit the coaster scum strategy as well as boom hasnt really made a push to spearhead anything this game. But idk I just dont get scummy vibes from booms slot, I feel similar uncertainty in reads coming from the slot which is how I feel this game and thus makes me feel like booms takes come from town pov

UP on a macro scale has the most anti town play to me in a macro sense but Ran is right that tunneling the slot isnt helpful and my approach needs to be more global. But again this could just be ran building from the pocketing foundation that scum!xivii could have laid since rheres no way he didnt realize that I wasn't suss of his slot

Ultimately if xiviis slot has been pocketing me then that explains why xivii has been leading me off my constant UP pushes and telling to me to focus on finding the mate first and that Im "looking at it the wrong way" because order of operations matters and hes fine having me hardscumread UP as long as I compromise and not vote that slot out first, hoping Ill vote wrong and then winning before it even gets to the point of eliminating UP. If Ran/xivii is town, and I really am wrong about UP then it has to be boom somi. The hardest part for me right now is working thru boom and ran/xiviii now coming at the somi slot despite there not being a lot of focus there before. They obviously cant both be bussing so if somi is scum I think one of them is on to something and the other is setting themselves up to look like they got on the train early to have effective bus clout in second LYLO. This is also a big part of why I think xivii/ran and booms slot cant be aligned, they wouldnt have this joint pivot to the somi slot in LYLO

QUOTE]UP: UP gives me a similar vibe to his town play, arrogant, stubborn, and open to give out reason-less reads lists that backfire. Here he also seems more reserved. (#77, #79, #287, #309, #561)

FrozenFlame: I find his aggressive tone to be coming from Town Frozen. I also find his push on UP genuine yet misguided. (#241)
[/QUOTE] these justifications for these reads are what really make me suspicious of xivii UP trying to use me as a pocket to misvote and alpha strike off of. Gut town read of me to blow smoke up my ass and then a similar "tone" read to clear UP. Doesnt really give me anything to work with in terms of susbtance to correct my alleged misapprehensions about the UP slot and feels like an attempt to just be like "yo frozen bro youre so town dude trust me I get it, just trust my gut man, it lead me to town you so believe in the system and follow me on UP!"

I just have to get FrozenFlame and UP to look at each other and realize they are looking at town.
this also just feels very manipulative but maybe Im just crazy paranoid of xiviis slot because DPs dying words were essentially he was afraid that Ive been hoplessly pocketed and its beginning to really feel that way

I need to look over the EOD wagons again to see whos moving together, thats tomorrow mornings project

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
BoomFrog BoomFrog somitomi somitomi what are your thoughts on xivii/UP?

UP constantly expressing how ready he is to vote for someone and then not doing it feels like scum hesitant to force the 50/50 that a scum first vote creates and it baffles me that ran is pushing this "you two have to be TvT" narrative because it feels exactly like how an endgame pocket strategy would be executed by that slot

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've actually already reconsidered my read on UP and others at this time. I've been waiting to post my reads from my re-read.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
GAME WINNING READS

1598252866914.png

Boomfrog's entrance is weak. He has no unique pushes of his own, which makes it harder to read him. He is active, and questioning. Not only does he follow on DP, but let's Merc get yeeted and comes in late to contest it. He seems to have the appearance of activity and scumhunting, but he doesn't really do much to actually determine actual scum. If you look at his reads list, it has mostly town leans and one scum read, DP. He questions his town reads yet never really pushes them. (Chaco, Xiivi) Rather than doubting a read, this seems more like planting a seed of doubt for others to push and for him to keep his hands clean. On Day 3 he becomes an enigma, and saying he has a plan to find the second scum that isn't between Ran/UP. I think this is a cover up. Rushing UP to vote is also a red flag. (#148, #330, #804, #892, #676, #1467)

UP has seemed like his Oasis self, yet only on the surface. The coasting is similar. Yet his intentions seem different then Flavorless UP. He actually brought forward a case, misguided, yet still a case he believed in. (On GLG) Here, UP's activity is centralized in Day 1. His read lists disappear after page 15, Day 1. His play turns into a tunnel onto my slot, and more coasting. He shows a lack of desire to interact with me on Day 3, and instead chooses to randomize at best instead of interacting with my content and reads. He states he wants to look at players on the Merc wagon yet has not evaluated anyone other than my own slot. Near Mylo/Lylo, in Oasis Mafia, UP returned, and was posting actively, and even voted scum. This is not the same case here. (#118, #260, #802, #947, #1260, #1272, #1367, #1444)

Somi has a few read mistakes this game. A concern I have is why he didn't vote UP when he posted his impressions, yet felt compelled to vote Xiivi once there was a push for him. I can't really find a town ping, but this is a case of being slightly less suspcious than UP and Boomfrog. (#70, #394, #589, #1334, #1351, #1123)

FrozenFlame's tone still comes across as townie. Frozen's push on UP is still solid. Mostly misguided as some points are moot due to UP's meta. He has clear stances on current wagons, and has been helping town progress wincon. Yet that's all I can really read from Frozen at the moment, I need him to participate and commit a read to further develop my read on him. (#241, #435, #710, #1131)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
this also just feels very manipulative but maybe Im just crazy paranoid of xiviis slot because DPs dying words were essentially he was afraid that Ive been hoplessly pocketed and its beginning to really feel that way
It's genuinely how I felt at the time. UP seemed like Oasis UP to me, and so I felt I'd have to try to convince you two to see that you were both town. Yet UP's behavior has caused me to doubt my read of him, and having a more in-depth read helped me develop my read of him. Notice how UP doesn't interact with me or my content after multiple times asking him to.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also realize that my read of FrozenFlame is outdated as I post it. I did FrozenFlame first. My point that his pushes were misguided are now moot due to my new scumread of UP. Doing this was actually a slog as I had to re-read for each player.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
My read on Frozen and UP were certainly much weaker coming into the game. That's why I took the time to re-read to get a better handle since the most interaction I got was from Boom, who I still believe to be scum. I still get the same read on Frozen and can't really say much else otherwise that would be forcing a read I don't have. You interacting further with me will help me further develop my read on you. So I'm curious what you have to say about my #1491.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I take that back. The 'misguided' part actually still holds true. I just thought I was being an idiot and somehow re-posting my earlier read of Frozen. I was talking about some points of Frozen's push since meta wise, some he has done in Oasis. (The coasting) That's it though, I explain how UP's play here is different.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
somitomi somitomi I want you to step things up and provide us with an ordered reads list on the cast. You state you are lost through out the game, yet you should have an easier time with only five players alive.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Finally, Frozen. I think you are going off of this in the wrong manner. You are basing your reads on paranoia. I think you are letting that get you off track, because I don't see how you expect me to focus entirely on my town read of you and make it more in depth when I can't with your play this game. I've started my reads with looking for scum as priority, and working from there. My read of UP should be understandable from a town pov, since it seemed like Oasis UP on the surface. Due to his play sloppy play there and here, it was harder to read him, but it was easier once I laid everything out slowly. That is all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is all I have to say. I'm going back to sleep now. See you later thread.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Lol, wow, you guys most have spent a lot of time going around in circles in scum chat while composing those.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
#HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame How does a Xivii+UP team make any sense? UP has been constantly going after Xivii all game and contributed eagerly to almost getting Xivii yeeted D1. This pairing makes the least possible sense out of any combo.

How have you not considered a UP+Boom team? Why the paranoia on Xivii but not me? This feels like you picked your scum team based on "town-reading" who you thought you could persuade not on what actually makes sense.

Would you be willing to vote Ran/Xivii now? We are less then 24 hours from deadline.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin What do you think of what I have posted about Somi? I want you to go in depth.
Why do you care? Somi is a phat null for you so there’s literally no reason for you to ask this. It’s basically like saying “can you reaffirm my null read of Somi, I want you to go in depth”. Nuh uh.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
yep, I’m solving the game through wagonomics, one of the most wifomy pieces of evidence on the market, and I am going to 100% convince myself of something.
That was just a reason to call people out for making terrible decisions with the merc yeet and the DP yeet. Everybody was part of one of those except for Xivii was on two and I was on none

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah Chaco, I completely agree with that ping. I’ll be elaborating on it later because I don’t want to provide scum with information they may not know too early, but I’m really mind-melding with you here.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Yeah Chaco, I completely agree with that ping. I’ll be elaborating on it later because I don’t want to provide scum with information they may not know too early, but I’m really mind-melding with you here.
It’s null and void now. This is a D1 relic in reference to “somi night not now what town role PMs look like” but I didn’t realize that scum apparently had fakeclaims. I don’t think it was stated anywhere until Xivii mentioned it, no?

Top Bottom