• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete roster revealed? It was true!!!! (Except for Falcon/Olimar swap)

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
In the clip, Pit shouts "Shoubu da!" when you pick him, ie. "It's on!" or "Battle's on!" etc.

wooo, each character has a saying when you pick them?

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why we have just one pic. "Oh no I can't be bothered but why shouldn't you trust me?".

we don't have to take heed to that kind of bumf - either commit yourself to proving you are legit or stop complaining when we don't buy it.

Camera's aren't usable once these days. You don't have to apply one of these elaborate metal torture devices to the TV when snapping pictures.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad I was convinced that this roster was real. All the more power to me now that I, and every one else who believed this roster.

Now, we just need to see who gets unlocked. If we see someone who was not on the 35 man roster, we have us a whole new slew of speculations.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Rhubarbo, let me know how delicious your words are when you eat them.
They taste like ketch up? Fair enough, the person showed a video. I want some actual combat now that I know he has the game!

Black/Light

Smash Master
Smae here Rusashi! I mean. . .this was some friggin air tight stuff and now we have a vid.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I still don't think that showing a video makes the 35 character roster any more not fake than it was 5 minutes ago. I'm sure that ROB is not playable for one, and if it was the SF ROB it would've been truly stupid

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I just thought of something... The complete roster in the Mock-up pic CAN'T be how the complete roster is positioned in the obviously real screenshot and video of the starting roster... Why?

There is no room for a FOURTH row!

For the Reno Roster to actually WORK with the actual game, it HAS to be done on three rows. But one of the major claims of Reno and MarkMan is that there are four rows, but there doesn't look to actually BE room in the starting character roster FOR four rows! While I can believe the 35 character thing and that Brawl pushes and rearranges characters so it fits, there is STILL only three rows of characters, because you can't fit four rows into that obviously real screenshot and movie! Trust me I tried to fit four rows in, it's not technically possible unless the fighters' pics shrink!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I still don't think that showing a video makes the 35 character roster any more not fake than it was 5 minutes ago. I'm sure that ROB is not playable for one, and if it was the SF ROB it would've been truly stupid

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why we have just one pic. "Oh no I can't be bothered but why shouldn't you trust me?".

we don't have to take heed to that kind of bumf - either commit yourself to proving you are legit or stop complaining when we don't buy it.

Camera's aren't usable once these days. You don't have to apply one of these elaborate metal torture devices to the TV when snapping pictures.

SuperManX

Smash Cadet
Not Real!!!!!

It is a fack roster guys look at the edges if you blow up the immage it looks like they did one of those make your own roster things . . . and did a very good job at it becuase the roster makes sence but ya dont worry its not real!

Zek

Smash Ace
It is a fack roster guys look at the edges if you blow up the immage it looks like they did one of those make your own roster things . . . and did a very good job at it becuase the roster makes sence but ya dont worry its not real!
Uh, look at the video. It's very real.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
I just thought of something... The complete roster in the Mock-up pic CAN'T be how the complete roster is positioned in the obviously real screenshot and video of the starting roster... Why?

There is no room for a FOURTH row!

For the Reno Roster to actually WORK with the actual game, it HAS to be done on three rows. But one of the major claims of Reno and MarkMan is that there are four rows, but there doesn't look to actually BE room in the starting character roster FOR four rows! While I can believe the 35 character thing and that Brawl pushes and rearranges characters so it fits, there is STILL only three rows of characters, because you can't fit four rows into that obviously real screenshot and movie! Trust me I tried to fit four rows in, it's not technically possible unless the fighters' pics shrink!
Although I agree that there the 35 character theory is far from having enough evidence to be assumed to be true, it does amuse me how much time you spent getting your argument across before then completely invalidating it in your last sentence :)

GinRei

Smash Apprentice

Well, honestly, what else do you want a picture of? I'd rather he takes time and actually unlock some stuff and THEN take more pictures, with details on how he unlocked it etc, than to have him take a lot of time now taking pictures of things that aren't that important.

Isn't it the final roster we all want 100% proof of anyway, not random videos of X fighting Y in low quality?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I posted this on another, similar, thread:
DarkDragoon said:
Its hard to believe anything coming out of 2Ch too, but we're still accepting this video.
Honestly, why would he stop once the fight is about to begin, which would SEAL the "Real" stamp on it for good.

You can rip the sounds from anywhere.

Where did the announcer guy go? The one who'll say "PIT!" in a low voice.

We were shown the screens enough times between E for All, Dojo, and a couple WHobby photos so that someone with ALOT OF TIME ON THEIR HANDS(As most people on 2Ch and 4Chan have), to produce such a great fake.

We cannot tell if that is a Television or a computer screen.
He had access to all the sounds via Dojo Movies, ESPECIALLY FOR PIT.
Change your computers cursor to a mock up of Dojo's, and make an interactive flash that allows things to pop up like that did, and TADA!
We have ourselves that video.

Come on people, common sense.
-DD

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Roster doesn't have characters I want. Must be fake.

[sarcasm]
There's more truth to that than you think. Characters people want should be in. Why would Sakurai take the time to ask what characters people wanted in, inquiring more about them, and not add them? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, and if the roster had Geno, Krystal and other fanboy characters, everyone would be jumping with glee.

Be glad we got Sonic and Snake.
There are certain characters who just make sense to be in, and they aren't. No, I'm not happy about Sonic and Snake. I'm actually quite upset that they got in at all. I hate crappy 3rd parties, but they should at least counter it by having enough Nintendo characters to balance it...characters who deserve to be in, not characters who had one game on NES ages ago and spent the rest of their lives on Playstation....*coughsnakecough*.

Yeah, I don't buy it. Characters who should be in, aren't. And it's just bizarre. Besides, no updates in over 12 hours? Give me a break.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Can we please stop calling them "prophets"
a prophet (or prophetess) is a person who has directly encountered the numinous or the divine and serves as an intermediary with humanity.
These guys
a. are lying(99.3)
b. found out the information(.7)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Thank you Schlepboogie.
O.o I feel awkward for typing that name. Lol.
<.< Now everyone else should read my post.
-DD

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Although I agree that there the 35 character theory is far from having enough evidence to be assumed to be true, it does amuse me how much time you spent getting your argument across before then completely invalidating it in your last sentence :)
That's because from the look of the pic, there LOOKS to be only be room for 29 fighters, not 35 as I originally thought. I'd rather have the lame Reno Roster, with Wolf, Toon Link, and ROB, than a lame roster of 29 where the secret characters are Captain Falcon, Ness, Jigglypuff, Luigi, Sonic, Snake, Lucario, and one other. It's hard to make a valid arguement when you hope you are wrong.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Vid=NOT HER'S/HIS. This person said, in Japanese, on the title that this aint her's and that she fond the vid else where on the internet. It's only 9 secs long cause it's a crappy cell phone vid.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Owning the game that long...Seriously. Stop making excuses. If you were in that situation, and you wanted people to believe you? What would you do? Take a screenshot of every mode and everything for one with a good camera. What else? SHOW GAME FOOTAGE. I'd be filming lots of stuff and uploading it to the web to show people. Owning the game for over 12 hours and having next to nothing? Give me a break!

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Change the first post please, it's midleading. It's not 100% real ;)

So what if Smash Bros fans look too far into things, it's not 100% real, even if it's just a little less than that :laugh:

Smash Ace
If I had the game, I wouldn't say anything lol.
as for what I'll really do, (since I obviously don't have the game)I'll try to mooch it out of the **** on the 31st yo.

=2007=

Smash Ace
If I had the game, I wouldn't say anything lol.
as for what I'll really do, (since I obviously don't have the game)I'll try to mooch it out of the **** on the 31st yo.

=2007=

J18

Smash Journeyman
i'd say that any roster up until release should be considered fake until proven real, sorry =]

rootsofjustice

Smash Rookie
I find something odd in the 2chan image. Stop me if you've heard this before, but isn't Olimar's Japanese name Orima and isn't Lucas' Japenese name Ryuka?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom