• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Competitive 'Dex Discussion: Alterations, corrections, etc.

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
This might be my last bunch depending on how fast I can get this batch done, but I'll take Leafeon to Lunatone.

ss118

Smash Master
Can someone continue working backwards after I'm finished?

I'm going to finish the S' before I go to bed. SO my last one will be Sableye

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Taking the next ten after Lunatone.

Edit: Now the next ten after Manectric.

Edit2: Taking Mightyena to Nidoking, this will be my last bunch before going to bed.

Edit3: Quickly looked back at what we did, and I don't think Breloom, Bronzong, or Butterfree are done yet in the B section.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
And with Ms. Nidoqueen, we are done. I'll add in those three B's. Searching confirms they were left out.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I know I did Bronzong for sure. I may have missed the others. Er, I guess I didn't? :p

Alright, we're done! Great work everybody! I was worried no one else was going to show up for awhile. Thank you to everyone who helped out.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So is Butterfree the last one? Is Butterfree now the Competitive Dex's mascot?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well ****. When I search for "Bronzong" now, I get no results, even after making the (second?) thread.

Search sucks.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If anyone of you guys have DS's plus wifi contact me ok? I'd just like to offer a small token of my appreciation.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
We should decide on a layout.

I like Tery's, but I think there are part where it could be more specific.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if we should include tiers, since they might not be accurate in for the first year or so.[collapse="Thread Title: <National Dex Number> <Name of Pokémon> - <Short Comment>"][size=3 ]<Pokémon Name>[/size]

[img ]Sprite[/img]

Typing:[/b ] <Primary Typing> / <Secondary Typing>
Ability:[/b ] <Ability #1> / <Ability #2, alphabetical order>
Base Stats:[/b ] <In order: HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe. No abbreviations, just numbers.>

<Summary of Changes to the Pokémon>

<Overview of Pokémon>

<Set Name>[/b ]
<Name> @ <Item>
<Ability> / <Nature>
EVs: <EV spread, in order: HP, Atk, Def, SpA, SpD, Spe, with those abbreviations. Spaces on both sides of slashes ("/") because it's grammatically incorrect not to do so.>
IVs: <Altered IVs only, same format as EVs>
~<Most important move, ties broken by alphabetical order>
~<Second most important move, include replaceable moves like so:> / <Optional move>
~<Third most important move>
~<Least important move>

<Set Summary>

[ collapse="Additional Information"]<In-depth explanation of set>[/collapse ]

<Next set>

<Teammates and Counters>[/collapse]Kind of combined mine with Tery's.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think Counters should be its own separate section in the end of the thread for covering the entire Pokemon as a whole. Would probably be easier to view with.

ss118

Smash Master
I think that's too lengthy per each set. I think it should be like:

*Description of how to use set*
*Next set*
*Description of that set*
~Keep going until all the viable sets are done~
<Potential Possibilities>
-Other moves that could be used but don't have a set-
<Checks and Counters>
-Describes the checks and counters to the pokemon: if you need to go set by set, that's fine-

I don't think we should try getting super-technical off the bat.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Trimmed it down. Removed optional moves and explanation of stat, stuck team stuff at the end.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
A minimum of three is much too high. Information will be trickling in slowly; it'd be better to have lots of short entries than no entries at all.

One or two. Two reduces the work mods have to do, and ensures the entries are more detailed. No minimum gives us more freedom.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Is this supposed to work the way it does on Smogon, or something? Are we writing for the tier a Pokemon is in, or can we write sets for higher tiers (like, Uxie in OU)?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
You should focus on the tier the pokemon is in but you can add sets for different tiers if they require seperate moves or EVs.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I think those kinds of extra sets should only qualify for Pokemon actually used often in an above tier (Nidoking in OU, Blissey in Ubers). But maybe that's just me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I would start, but there's not much to do right now.

Is there?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I must be blatantly uninformed of WTH this project is trying to accomplish.

At first I thought I was pretty sure it was a Gen V thing, but now it doesn't look like it... and...

I just don't even know :/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I just thought they were doing something similar to what Smogon does with their pokemon

That could be just me though, and it'd be great if you guys did those ****ed OU+ pokemon because I still know **** on what the hell each of them are supposed to do bar Sharpedo

ss118

Smash Master
Are we making dex entries relevant to Gen IV or Gen V?

I honestly think we should wait till Gen V before starting, because smogon has us pretty beat atm. Once Gen V kicks off, though, we can explore pokemon and make analysis faster than smogon(since they're all about procedure and whatnot).

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Are we making dex entries relevant to Gen IV or Gen V?

I honestly think we should wait till Gen V before starting, because smogon has us pretty beat atm. Once Gen V kicks off, though, we can explore pokemon and make analysis faster than smogon(since they're all about procedure and whatnot).
I gotta agree that Gen V will have its opportunities for testing and making dex entries and that doing anything now won't really have a point.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Since we haven't decided on much anything yet, minimum of one set?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, not much point in covering GenIV when Smogon already has it covered pretty well, unless you want to write sets for OU+ or Garchomp or Latias (and now Salamence) in OU.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, not much point in covering GenIV when Smogon already has it covered pretty well, unless you want to write sets for OU+ or Garchomp or Latias (and now Salamence) in OU.
At least write an entry on every OU+ pokemon

It'd be nice if I knew what role each one was supposed to play on a team

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If you guys want to wait until gen 5 we can but I thought it would be a good idea to go ahead and implement the standard sets now. The idea wasn't to "get the jump on smogon" and not only that but it would cut down on the work that would need to be done with gen 5. If we already have stuff up now we can just add the new sets. But if we leave everything blank you'll be writing both the new sets and the old when we update a entry.

Top Bottom