• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comment, a recent popsofctown video

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Me and DanGR spent a good long while recording the other day. Howerver, the tv we used has some bizarre properties that makes the results on camera have black blotches and stuff. DanGR has all six listed over on the olimar boards, but i cannot ask anyone to endure the quality, except on this one, which isn't that bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBw6RP9fgkA

I fall off at the end. No johns, i just for some bizarre reason jump off the stage and upair and die. Anyone who says theyve never failed a recovery is lying, mine, just look way stupider than yours. Still minus one stock.

Comments welcomed.

btw, turn the sound off. The sound quality is broken too..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Silly mistakes all around. That's why it went to final stock yet took under three minutes.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This just might be me but when I fight Olimars or anyone really I don't dash attack anywhere near as much as that.

Also when gimping Olimar you don't need to be Boswer blood thirsty either just causally predict and kick his ***.

Overall though it look you were really aggressive (mainly with the dash attack) and because of that you gained a lot of damage...which could be to blame for you losing the match since you got punished so much because of it.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ya it really looked like you guys weren't being serious and they were just friendlies......it would be nice to see some really good vids of you vs. his olimar though.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Just in general I'd say calm down. You don't need to be constantly that agressive, think and ***** before you go running in spamming dash attack. This error in playstyle was highlighted in your edgeguarding.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
blah blah blah, everyone is giving criticism

some positive things i see:

1. you aren't dumb
2. you know how to approach olimar

3. YOU KNOW HOW TO APPROACH OLIMAR

and it helped me learn the matchup

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Thanks for the input. My mindset is totally shark-smells-blood whenever i play Olimar, the reason why is that i hate to let him get his spam going. But i think i have gone so far, i have more room for some patience, and i can kill the pikmin to refresh my moves.

I wish the other videos came out good enough to show. But hey. I also wish i was good at this game.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Your not bad at all, I just want to see some vids of you where you didn't have a suicide or made silly errors that you know you don't usually make. Choknater is right, you do know how to approach Olimar and thats not something most Sheik players can say.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't have too much to add here.... your approach was good... it's what you did afterwards that wasn't... like the failed edgeguards.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yea dont fail the edge guards man

and dont kill urself, that last one made me sad

good stuff though, ur lucky to get lots of olimar practice

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
ug... can't tell you how many times I've depressed myself missing ike edgeguards.... it takes practice.

Top Bottom